Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi current events: 2004-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HH Sheikh Khalifa tours Dubai - 14 April 2009

News
includes a video

Khalifa receives a note from Sarah Leah Whitson of Human Rights Watch

Khalifa receives a note from Sarah Leah Whitson of Human Rights Watch...

:bb:

Article

Last edited:
En la torre!! (My goodness) I wonder what will be Sheikh Khalifa's response to this letter.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
En la torre!! (My goodness) I wonder what will be Sheikh Khalifa's response to this letter.:eek:

I don't think he can ignore it just like that. Today there was a new article about in a dutch paper. The story isn't over yet.:whistling:

He can ignore a letter (which he may not see anyway) but he won't be able to ignore the pressure that comes from the international media and more importantly that which is applied quietly but more effectively behind the scenes from various sources.

He can ignore a letter (which he may not see anyway) but he won't be able to ignore the pressure that comes from the international media and more importantly that which is applied quietly but more effectively behind the scenes from various sources.

That what is done behind the scenes, is control damage (reputational damage to some i mean). The "damage" is done by the media. :whistling:

Control damage from within, but pressure applied from outside is more likely to achieve something of substance. Media interest can be very bright and intense, but the danger is that it can so easily move on to something else. Direct confrontation also doesn't allow the opportunity to save face or to avoid the impression of being coerced. If the governents of the US and Britain and other countries apply pressure discreetly but firmly there is a greater likelihood of Sheikh Khalifa retaining his pride while ensuring that Issa can never again bring shame upon the Ruling Family.

Yep, but it is wan't for the media attention, then the governments of US and Britain would never taken any action. That's the only thing i want to say:flowers:.

Khalifa in Newsweek's list of world's 50 most powerful people

...In its most recent issue in which the US magazine published its traditional list of the most powerful people, it hailed Shaikh Khalifa's ability to tackle crises since an early age and until now wherein he managed to save the UAE from the global financial crisis... - Full Article

Sheikh Khalifa re-elected president of UAE for the next 5 years, he was elected by the rulers of the Emirates
Article WAM

Khalifa bin Zayed, Sultan Qaboos hold talks

...The two leaders reviewed during their meeting the historic fraternal relations and ways to enhance them for the interest of the peoples of the UAE and Oman.

The talks also touched on issues of concern to the two countries and to the GCC and Arab countries. The two leaders also exchanged views on the current developments both regionally and internationally...
Article ** Picture

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak (L) shakes hands with UAE President Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan (R) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on 28 December 2009, after an official contract was signed by a consortium led by South Korea's state-run Korea Electric Power Corp. and Emirates Nuclear Energy Corp. for a 40 billion US dollar deal to build nuclear reactors in the Middle Eastern country.

ANP Gallery

A village in the Seychelles called La Misere is demanding millions in damages for pollution caused by construction of a huge palace for the UAE president - AFP

Khalifa receives British Prime Minister

WAM Al Ain, Jun 11th, 2010 (WAM)--President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan , in the presence of the Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, met today at Al Rodah Palace in Al Ain with the British Prime Minister David Cameron, who arrived in the UAE earlier on a short visit.

WAM | Emirates News Agency

President Khalifa - looks so young ...this is one of the best pics I've seen of him. He gets a "Hollar"!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

President arrives in Ashgabat
WAM article

Khalifa, Berdymukhammedov hold talks
WAM article

Pictures from WAM
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Very nice! I love seeing him in Turkmenistan! I love the Akhal Teke horses that they prize there, they are a national symbol in Turkmenistan. I am lucky enough to know a Teke breeder here in the U.S., I got to lease one of his fillies and rode her all throughout last summer. :flowers: Such amazing hard desert horses.

Back
Top Bottom