President Sheikh Mohamed names new Vice President and CP of Abu Dhabi: Mar 29,2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mansour appointed as UAE Vice President
Hazza appointed as Deputy Ruler of Abu Dhabi
Tahnoun appointed as Deputy Ruler of Abu Dhabi
Khalid appointed as Crown Prince

Interesting turn of events. So what's the hierarchy between Vice president, crown prince and deputy ruler of AD ?

What we will see in the future:

Decree appointing Khalid as Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces

Decree appointing Khalid as Chairman of the Executive Council of Abu Dhabi

Decrees pointing out the components of the team that will be formed by Khalid

Important to say: bin Rashid did not cease to be Vice President, he will occupy the position alongside Mansour

Last edited by a moderator:
MBZ has appointed Khalid as Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, his team is formed

No other Al Nahyan is present, they all lost their posts

This could mean that Dhiyab will be appointed as a minister in the federal cabinet.

Last edited:
Interesting turn of events. So what's the hierarchy between Vice president, crown prince and deputy ruler of AD ?

Feiraguy...pls answer my above question re. Hierarchy.
Just when I thought the uae politics are getting boring, major announcements happened. Interesting all over again.

Mansour will soon be let go as Minister of Presedential affairs, right ? Dhiyab will be appointed ? Will there be new deputy PM as well ?

Perhaps the position of Minister of the Presidential Court will be left vacant for Dhiyab to take over, let's see.

Not sure about the position of Deputy Prime Minister.

Feiraguy...pls answer my above question re. Hierarchy.
Just when I thought the uae politics are getting boring, major announcements happened. Interesting all over again.

In other emirates, the role of Crown Prince precedes that of Deputy Ruler

So they are more like ceremonial roles for Tahnoun and Hazza. Abdullah got nothing still. Only Mansour has got a better deal.

Yes, these Deputy Ruler positions are ceremonial only. That is, Hazza was left without any executive position, he is out of the government.

I believe that Mansour's role is also just figurative. We'll see in the coming days and months if his role changes.

The only way for Hazza to return to an executive position would be as Governor of Al Ain, after the death of Tahnoun bin Mohamed, perhaps he is the favorite for the position.

Should Mansour step down as Deputy Prime Minister (and frankly I have no idea what will happen) I wouldn't be surprised if Abdullah inherits the post, we'll see

Like Hazza, Sheikhs Hamed bin Zayed, Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Zayed and Sultan bin Tahnoun (who were part of the Executive Council) are out of the government, we'll see if any of them win any consolation prizes.

I think that the most important decision today is the appointment of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed as Vice President alongside his father-in-law Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid. For decades this position was always reserved for the ruler of Dubai. I wonder what happened now to share it with the Al Nahyan:ermm:

This appointent of Mansour is confusing me. The position of Vice President is ceremonial, which could mean that Mansour received only a consolation prize. But it could also mean that from now on he will have more authority in internal and external affairs; perhaps he will manage Abu Dhabi's relations with the other emirates from now on.

I don't know, I try to make predictions but it's very difficult, it's something we'll only know in practice.

Regarding the Executive Council, all positions traditionally linked to the Executive Council are occupied, except one: Chairman of the Crown Prince's Court. And I have no idea who will occupy it.

May be Hamdan MBZ will become chairman of CPs court. Mansour has worked day in and day out with MBZ. May be he actually got an elevation. Let's see how all these changes unfold.

I think that the most important decision today is the appointment of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed as Vice President alongside his father-in-law Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid. For decades this position was always reserved for the ruler of Dubai. I wonder what happened now to share it with the Al Nahyan:ermm:

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Dubai’s ruler, is also the UAE’s prime minister, which still makes him “above” Sheikh Mansoor bin Zayed who is a deputy prime minister.

Well, there was an event in Abu Dhabi that seems related to the nominations made yesterday, the photos are being released now

Why this role to role comparison ? Mansour is Vice president that makes him equal to MRM. At some point, Mansour will let go of the role Deputy PM. He already holds too many roles. Minister of Presidential affairs, Deputy PM, Minister of Agriculture, Chairman of Judicial Department of AD. He will slowly start handing over the roles.

Why this role to role comparison ? Mansour is Vice president that makes him equal to MRM. At some point, Mansour will let go of the role Deputy PM. He already holds too many roles. Minister of Presidential affairs, Deputy PM, Minister of Agriculture, Chairman of Judicial Department of AD. He will slowly start handing over the roles.

Or could be that the Al Nayhans want to remove the Al Maktoum’s from international affairs, that’s why Mansour is VP. MBR is old and will soon retire from international duties. And with the drama surrounding the Al Maktoum’s I’d understand why the Al Nathan’s want to dominate international duties.

The seem more Political then the Al Maktoums

What do y’all think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom