HH Sheikh Khalifa's health

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just heard the news I hope nothing bad,
wishing him quick recover.

Shaikh Khalifa stable after surgery

Social networking sites, especially Twitter, on Saturday saw a number of hashtags supporting and praying for the wellbeing and health of President Shaikh Khalifa.

Khaleej Times

gulfnews.com

thenational.ae

Last edited:
I wish HH a quick recovery.
Can any of you guys please explain to us simpley HH's condition?.
I heard that stroke patients usually do not recover fully & often they need rehabilitation.

Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed receives calls from Saudi, Kuwaiti officials, inquiring about President's health condition

WAM | Emirates News Agency

Can any of you guys please explain to us simpley HH's condition? I heard that stroke patients usually do not recover fully & often they need rehabilitation.

Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed was not feeling well quite some time but always he did his obligations patiently and full of dedication for our country. In the last two years he had to undergo medical treatment abroad several times. In my opinion he seemed a little bit frail during appearances in the last time. But this may be attributed to his age.

Currently there is only the statement that he had to undergo a surgery after a stroke on Friday morning and his condition is described as stable officially. Whether he will have lasting impairments which need rehabilitation is not known publicly. We hope that he recovers fully and can continue a normal life like before - as our highly respected President of UAE and ruler of Abu Dhabi. May God grants him a long life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing His Highness a speedy recovery, thoughts and prayers are with him.

The hearts of UAE’s people, citizens and residents alike were as one as they prayed for the health of President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Oh Allah! The Sustainer of mankind! Remove the illness, cure the disease. You are the One who cures. There is no cure except Your cure. Grant Shaikh Khalifa a cure that leaves no illness because he is the sight to our country’s eyes.

Heart-felt prayers for Shaikh Khalifa

http://www.thenational.ae/wishing-sheikh-khalifa-a-fast-recovery

Churches in Dubai will be offering special prayers for the full recovery of Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed

Churches to offer prayers for Shaikh Khalifa | GulfNews.com

:previous:

Thanks Imanmaged :)
I wish HH a quick & fully recovery.
What about the UAE rules & regulations to be applied in case of - GOD forbidden - the president's inability to perform his duties due to health problems.
For example, the Jordanian goverment in 1999 transfered the kingls powers to the crown prince when the late king Hussein was reported unable to perform his constitutional duties.

Last edited:
In this case the power will transfered to the Deputy Ruler who takes over the temporary government of Abu Dhabi. The Vice President which is the ruler of Dubai takes over power as a temporary president of state. In case of death (may God forbidden and give him health and a long life) a successor shall be determined by the family. This may be the Deputy Ruler, the Crown Prince or anyone else of the Al Nahyan family who is considered appropriate.

So in case of death - GOD forbidden- the successor may be the crown prince or any other family member determined by the royal family. It means that the powers wont be transfered automatically to the CP as the royal family may chose any other member to be ruler. This is regarding the house of Al Nahyan/Abu dabi.
The ruler of Abu dabi will be selected by the other Emarates rulers as president of UAE.

Last edited:
So in case of death - GOD forbidden- the successor may be the crown prince or any other family member determined by the royal family....

Yes, thats right.

...which means that the powers wont be trasfered automatically to the CP as the royal family may chose any other member to be ruler. This is regarding the house of Al Nahyan/Abu dabi.

Thats also right and regarding to all ruling families of all Emirates as well.

The ruler of Abu dabi will be selected by the othet Emarates rulers as president of UAE.

The constitution of United Arab Emirates established the positions of president (chief of state) and vice president elected by the rulers of each of the Emirates from within. But according to convention the ruler of Abu Dhabi is automatically the President of UAE while the ruler of Dubai is the Prime Minister (head of government).

Last edited:
I wish HH a quick recovery.
Can any of you guys please explain to us simpley HH's condition?.
I heard that stroke patients usually do not recover fully & often they need rehabilitation.

Speaking from experience, yes, stroke victims will need rehabilitation and no, most of them do not fully recover. The fact that Sheikh Khalifa is quite elderly means his prognosis is not good as far as full recovery is concerned, even with rehabilitation. He could, however, still live for many years but will need round-the-clock care, which I am sure his family can afford to provide.

Speaking from experience, yes, stroke victims will need rehabilitation and no, most of them do not fully recover. The fact that Sheikh Khalifa is quite elderly means his prognosis is not good as far as full recovery is concerned, even with rehabilitation. He could, however, still live for many years but will need round-the-clock care.....

Nevertheless we will continue to pray for a full recovery of him and trust in God's decision ....More than a head of state Shaikh Khalifa is the president of our hearts as it has been his father, the late Shaikh Zayed.

Last edited:
I disagree that he was looking fragile in the last few appearances. He looked quite good and in good health. The thing that might make him look not too well could be that he grew his beard grey instead of dying it.

A stroke doesn't show on a person prior of you getting it. He might of been ill in the past few years but it he seems to recovered very well and that is shown in many of the pictures (ex, state visit to the UK, visit from Qatar etc).

My statement was only based on a personal view and not on the actual state of health which I can not evaluate. Shaikh Khalifa is not a young man. Therefore it is possible that certain frailties may be attributed to his age.

May God grant him a long, healthy life.

Nevertheless we will continue to pray for a full recovery of him and trust in God's decision ....More than a head of state Shaikh Khalifa is the president of our hearts as it has been his father, the late Shaikh Zayed.

I did not say you should stop praying, I was merely responding to the post by Rossina.

Power in this case is taken over by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed who is Vice President and all Abu Dhabi affairs by the Crown Prince. If god forbids the president passes away, the rulers of the Emirates vote for who becomes president from the rulers which would also include the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi. Most likely it is voted for Abu Dhabi which would make Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed ruler, simply because Abu Dhabi is the strongest Emirate.

The Delegation for Relations with the Arab Peninsula of the European Parliament’s Foreign Committee has expressed its best wishes for the good health of the President, His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. They said Shaikh Khalifa is a role model of a successful leader, who placed his country among the ranks of advanced nations.

European Parliament wishes Khalifa good health - Khaleej Times

Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed has said that Sheikh Khalifa is doing well during a brief speech that took place in his weekly gatherings and below are a few articles

Shaikh Khalifa is fine, says Abu Dhabi Crown Prince
khaleejtimes.com

Mohamed bin Zayed assures citizens on health of President
zawya.com

Video is in Arabic

I'm glad to hear such good news .. thanks dazzling :)
Wish HH a speedy recovery !!!

Last edited:
I just saw this. I pray for the full recovery of HH Sheikh Khalifa. I know he has had some challenges but has been an example of dedication to fulfilling his duties and an inspiration to us all.

General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces visited Suhail Shahin Al Marrar at his residence at Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi.
News about President's health mere rumours: Mohamed bin Zayed - Emirates 24/7

At the weekend, posts on Twitter and Instagram urged followers to pray for Sheikh Khalifa. This created and multiplied new rumours. The President suffered a stroke in January. He underwent an operation and was said to be in stable condition.

Did HH shekh Khalifa appeared in any public event since the operation??? ..perhaps that's why rumours are spreaded from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom