General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MRMs daughter was not even 18 when she got married to Nasser is what I read. Do you mean to say they were long engaged before that also ?

Al Nahyans marry within the family. And some like MRMs kids and Bahrainis marry outside country also to forge alliances. This is quite the contrast right ? Does MRM made strategic marriages for his children or just random marriages ?

Its said that Nasser and Shaikha was engaged for 3/4 years before their marriage and I cant say about khaled's.

Only Shaikha had political marriage outside of the UAE. others were 1st/2nd/3rd cousins. People said that Manal and Mansour had love marriage, cannot confirm. But this is also a great union and they were benefited. I think feiraguy can explain well about this.
Bahrainis marrying outside of the country isn't uncommon and there are many Al Maktoum men who marry non-arabs and recently some al maktoum girls married outside of the ruling families.

Last edited:
Tahnoun is in US, he met Jake Sullivan. Hope this eases the tensions between two states.

Its said that Nasser and Shaikha was engaged for 3/4 years before their marriage and I cant say about khaled's.

Only Shaikha had political marriage outside of the UAE. others were 1st/2nd/3rd cousins. People said that Manal and Mansour had love marriage, cannot confirm. But this is also a great union and they were benefited. I think feiraguy can explain well about this.
Bahrainis marrying outside of the country isn't uncommon and there are many Al Maktoum men who marry non-arabs and now-a-days, some al maktoum girls married outside of the ruling families.

She was still 16 when she married Nasser. That means they got engaged when she was around 12 or so 13. It’s a bit shocking for me. Her daughter Sheema is this age now… I’ve read somehere on this forum that they fell in love instantly and knew each other from horse racing. Im glad they are happy together and have a beautiful family.

Aysha bint Saif is Hazza bin Sultan bin Zayed's wife and I am thinking the same if she is from Bani Moza. Again, Moza is a common name and may be she was born before saif's wedding to Afra bint Zayed. Cannot came into conclusion.

Yes, impossible to be sure, we have very little information

True, what they always said is that Mansour/Manal always wanted to get married, even before Mansour married his Al Hamed wife

I believe that no Al Nahyan needs to marry a woman from another family to grow politically, but certainly the father-in-law/son-in-law relationship helped the prime minister/deputy prime minister relationship, so it was a marriage that politically benefited both sides

Khalid bin Mohamed received the King of Bhutan in Abu Dhabi today; but what struck me is that since Khalid became the Crown Prince, the events he has led have not been attended by any other Al Nahyan, not his brothers, not his cousins ​​and not his brothers-in-law... until today. The meeting with the King of Bhutan was attended by Zayed bin Surour bin Mohamed, first cousin of Khalid (grandson of Sheikha Fatima) and younger brother of Khalid's wife.

I believe that the brothers Mohamed and Zayed bin Surour are in a very privileged position in terms of kinship, and will most likely be rewarded for this.

Remember that the Crown Prince's Court still does not have a Chairman, watch carefully the movements

True, what they always said is that Mansour/Manal always wanted to get married, even before Mansour married his Al Hamed wife.

I dont think so, Mansour married Al Hamed in 1994 and Manal was not adult then. I dont think they met each other in early 90s. Manal attended University and more likely she met Mansour at that time. Again its people's saying, I have no source to confirm. Some people hate manal for this marriage lol. Again, I find this marriage is the greatest one for bin Rashid.

Regarding Bahrain didn’t the ruler change the law to make it a kingdom so unless he reversed that Nasser is like 4th in line to the throne.

I dont think so, Mansour married Al Hamed in 1994 and Manal was not adult then. I dont think they met each other in early 90s. Manal attended University and more likely she met Mansour at that time. Again its people's saying, I have no source to confirm. Some people hate manal for this marriage lol. Again, I find this marriage is the greatest one for bin Rashid.

I agree... so far, this was the greatest marriage involving the daughters of the Emir of Dubai

Regarding Bahrain didn’t the ruler change the law to make it a kingdom so unless he reversed that Nasser is like 4th in line to the throne.

Being a kingdom or not has nothing to do with the model of succession; Saudi Arabia has been a Kingdom since 1932 and had a tribal model of succession until 2015

What has been speculated in recent years is that the King might change the law, or use current law to favor his favorite son, Nasser, placing him second in line of succession (or even first), and he would have the power to do so.

In case of MBZ, Tamim, Nasser (probably in future) is it the influence of second or later wives on their husbands that's elevating their sons ? If someone has like 10 sons definitely not only one son is competent right ? Others could be competent too, just the chance was not given.

Does anyone know who is Tahnoon bin Mohammed’s first wife and her age?

:bang:
Does anyone know who is Tahnoon bin Mohammed’s first wife and her age?

There is very little information about her... considering the age of the oldest children, late 40s

In case of MBZ, Tamim, Nasser (probably in future) is it the influence of second or later wives on their husbands that's elevating their sons .

In the cases of Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia, yes. In Bahrain I don't know, but it's possible

Feiraguy, do a descendants list for Saeed bin Mohammed.

Mohamed (married to a daughter of Nahyan Bin Hamdan), Surour (married to a daughter of Khalifa Bin Saif), Sultan, Khalifa and Hamdan (Hamdan died years ago). Sultan and Khalifa are either unmarried or married with non-Al Nahyan girls

Aysha, Sheikha and Maryam, who are either unmarried or married with non-Al Nahyan boys

Maybe there are other daughters we don't know about

Last edited:
Feiraguy/Puchu - if it's not much trouble can you list the children of Mohammed (Tahnoun, Saif's father ) or redirect me to the post if it exists.

First wife: Hessa bint Saqr Al Nahyan
Hessa bint Mohamed, the First wife of Sheikh Zayed and mother of Khalifa Bin Zayed

Al Otaiba wife:
Hamdan Bin Mohamed
Mubarak Bin Mohamed
Tahnoun Bin Mohamed
Hamda bint Mohamed, wife of Mohamed Bin Khalid

Al Dhaheri wife
Saif Bin Mohamed
Surour Bin Mohamed
Saeed Bin Mohamed
Shamsa bint Mohamed, the wife of Sultan Bin Zayed

Maryam bint Sultan Al Nahyan, sister of Sheikh Zayed
Khalifa Bin Mohamed

A few off-topic posts have been deleted. If you wish to exchange Eid greetings, you can easily do so via pm instead of posting in this thread.

Thanks,
Rossina
UAE Forum Moderator

Hi everyone... How you've been doing? Any updates about ksn and Hessa MBZ wedding?

We will come to know about their wedding on their wedding day!! Al Nahyans dont share their upcoming events with people.

Wait till their marriage day?

I think Hessa will complete her graduation this year. Then her big day will be celebrated. May be after few months. Summer is going on.

22. Hessa is from 2001. Not sure if she was born in May.

Why do we see less and less of Tahnoon bin zayed or is it just me

Hey, do you guys know what age could be Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamdan (daughter of Moza bint Zayed)?

Why do we see less and less of Tahnoon bin zayed or is it just me

He appears less comparing his full brothers. Mostly he is seen when any foreign PM/ President visit UAE (my observation only). His field is national security and i thats why he has less things to do in public.

Hey, do you guys know what age could be Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamdan (daughter of Moza bint Zayed)?

I am not sure. But I assume from 2005/2006/2004. She is the youngest and no idea about the eldest two (Aisha and Maryam). Hessa is 3rd daughter and 2 years elder than Fatima. I think Fatima is from late 90s (close to 2000). Fatima is 4/5 years elder than Salama

Last edited:
Sheikh Suroor bin Saeed bin Mohamed Al Nahyan and Sheikha Shamsa bint Khalifa bin Saif Al Nahyan welcomed their new born son Sheikh Hamdan bin Suroor. Congratulations ��

Is Nayhan bin Zayed married to Shamma bint Mohammed bin khalid?
Because on her page she always has his daughter on there speaking and on his page there is a woman who I think is Shamma bint Mohammed herself speaking and he put a love heart underneath it.
If it is so it is nice she is showing her face and he appreciated her openly.

Btw it seems Khalifa bin Saif bin Mohammed. and Moza bint Khalifa bin Zayed have 8 children.
5 daughters and 3 sons.

Is Nayhan bin Zayed married to Shamma bint Mohammed bin khalid?
Because on her page she always has his daughter on there speaking

nahyan bin zayed is married to maitha bint Mohamed bin khalid. Shamma is Roudha bint Nahyan's Aunt.

I have a question,
Is it too bad not showing publicly?

Last edited:
I have a question,
Is it too bad not showing publicly?

That depends on the personal point of view. I take the position that its definitely advantageous not showing publicly everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom