Abu Dhabi: HH Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nepalese Queen praises Shaikha Fatima
Abu Dhabi, Jun. 19, 2005 (WAM)
The Queen of Nepal, Komal Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah, has praised Her Highness Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak for her noble humanitarian works, particularly those related to the issue of women, family and children. She also praised Shaikha Fatima for winning various awards on that from international organisations.

The Nepalese Queen made the remark when she visited here Sunday the premises of the UAE General Women's Union, GWU, where she was received by the GWU Director, Noura Al Suwaidi, who took the Queen and her entourage round the various sections of the premises to familiarise herself with the activities of the organisation.

The visitor watched a documentary film on the achievements of the GWU since its establishment in August 1975. She also visited the Al Johara Hall where all awards won by Shaikha Fatima were on display.

Queen Komal expressed great appreciation for the achievements of the UAE women and their positive contributions to the country's comprehensive development. She also expressed her wish to discuss cooperation between the GWU and women's organisations in Nepal to boost friendship between the two countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
US Ambassador lauds efforts of H.H Sheikha Fatima to empower women
Jun 28, 2005 Abu Dhabi, 28 June 2005 (WAM)
US Ambassador Michele Sison on Tuesday hailed the efforts of H.H Sheikha Fatima bin Mubarak to empower UAE women in various areas. In remarks during a visit to the premises of the UAE General Women's Union(GWU), Ambassador Sison also lauded the special attention accorded to family and childcare issues by Sheikha Fatima.

Sison was received in the GWU premises by Noura Al Suweidi, GWU Director, who also took her for a tour of the various GWU sections. The US envoy also watched a documentary on the GWU activities since its inception to this day. She was impressed by what she described as enormous efforts exerted by Sheikha Fatima towards the advancement of UAE women in various branches of knowledge. She further expressed her interest to get to know more about UAE women and their activities.

Fatima greets students on beginning of new academic year
Abu Dhabi, Sep. 3, 2005 (WAM)
Her Highness Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak has sent greetings and well-wishes to students throughout the country on the advent of the 2005/2005 academic year.

Sheikh Fatima urged students from all the various levels of education in the country to exert more efforts to acquire knowledge to enable them "pay back to the dear nation something small from the lot of things their country continues to give them." She said President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Their Highnesses Members of the Supreme Council Rulers of the Emirates had never relent any effort in providing the best for this country and people in continuation of the policies and the good works of the founder of the UAE, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (May his soul rest in perfect peace).

She saluted the Minister of Education, Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, in appreciation of the good works he is doing in the education sector.

Fatima visits victims of attacks in Amman
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586691173&p=1041492 777827

Wife of Palestinian President lauds humanitarian role of Sheikha Fatima
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586690639&p=1041492 777827

Fatima instructs Red Crescent to execute vaccination of thousands of children
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586679957&p=1041492 777827

Sheikha Fatima receives Queen Rania
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586660417&p=1041492 777827

Sheikha Fatima orders RCS delegation in Pakistan to asses children's needs
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1130586652891&p=1041492 777827

Shaikha Fatima’s support to the Palestinians hailed
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...ion=theuae&col=

Sheikha Fatima expresses wishes for quick recovery to quake victims
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?GXHC_JSESSIONID=a16eea75d2ec3ba1&pag ename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1129711722346&p=1041248 621847

UAE Women Union visits quake victims in UAE hospitals
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?GXHC_JSESSIONID=bd91aaca23975d99&pag ename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1129711720662&p=1041248 621847

Sheikha Fatima addresses GCC young women's forum
http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?GXHC_JSESSIONID=7590093e5e46deee&pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1126589530386&p=1041248621847

Sheikha Fatima attends Mother of the Nation Day celebrations

Mar 21, 2006 - 11:12 -
Al Ain, March 21st, 2006 (WAM) - Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak attended this evening the Mother of the Nation Festival, organised in her honour by the female students of the UAE University under the patronage of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research and Chancellor of the University...

http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=WamLocEnews&cid=1142158200272&p=1135099400124&pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews

Maryam Al Roumi praises Sheikha Fatima

Mar 21, 2006 - 11:11 -

Dhabi, March 21, 2006 (WAM) -- Maryam Mohammed Khalfan Al Roumi, Minister of Social Affairs, has paid high tribute, on the occasion of Mother's Day, to Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, dubbing her "the leader of humanitarian endeavours in the UAE"...

http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=WamLocEnews&cid=1142158199948&p=1135099400124&pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews

Sheikha Fatima receives Tanzanian President's wife

Nov 12, 2006 - 08:33 -
Abu Dhabi, Nov. 12th, 2006 (WAM) - H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak received this evening the wife of Tanzanian President, currently on a visit to the country.

http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=WamLocEnews&cid=1162441762864&p=1135099400228&pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews

Sheikha Fatima arrives in Bahrain for Women Summit

Nov 12, 2006 - 08:36 -

Manama, November 12th, 2006 (WAM)- H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak arrived here today to attend the Arab Women Summit which kicks off Monday.
http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=WamLocEnews&cid=1162441763444&p=1135099400228&pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews

Shaikha Fatima expressed concern about plight of women in the world

..She said what is happening in some parts of the world, including wars and conflicts had led to tragedies in which women suffer most.

She called for concerted efforts at the regional and international levels to improve the condition of women and provide for them the necessary protection. She also called for support for the ... - Article

sorry is sheikha Fatima marry with the ajman's sheikh??sheikh rashid bin humaid al nuaimi?

sorry is sheikha Fatima marry with the ajman's sheikh??sheikh rashid bin humaid al nuaimi?

Sheikha Fatima bint Zayed bin Saqer is married to the Ajman ruler who is also from the Al-Nahyan family. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubark (not from the Al-Nahyanfamily) was Sheikh Zayed's wife, mother of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed.

Sheikha Fatima bint Zayed bin Saqer is married to the Ajman ruler who is also from the Al-Nahyan family. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubark (not from the Al-Nahyanfamily) was Sheikh Zayed's wife, mother of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed.

I think she´s listed as mother of six of Sheik Zayeds sons, most notable is of course Sheik Mohammed bin Zayed but also Sheik Mansour who as minister of presidential affairs is a de facto Royal Chamberlain perhaps?

Sheikha Fatima: We have enormous hope pinned on the second AWO conference

...The second edition of the AWO conference is scheduled to be held in Abu Dhabi between 11 and 13th November at the Emirates Palace Hotel. Wives of Arab monarchs and Heads of governments will participate in the conference along with delegates from various Arab countries. Apart from the first ladies of the Arab countries, representatives of various Arab, regional and international women organisations will also attend the conference.

The AWO is an intergovernmental organization established under the umbrella of the League of Arab States and is headquartered in Egypt. Sheikha Fatima is the current chairperson of the Organisation... - Full Article

Considering that Sheikha Fatima is de facto very influential as she got a lot of influence over her six powerful sons I´m not surprised.
It´s even been said that most days her sons meet up with her and hold informal talks with their mom.

i didn't know that all of her boys were close to her. i have always heard that sheikh mo bin zayed was raised by one of his aunts or grandmother. can't remember which one. don't know the story behind why sheikha fatima did not raise him. it has been said that sheikh hamdan and abdullah are her favorites. sheikha fatima is reportedly very close to hamdan's wife.

Sheikha Fatima is also seen rather often with Sheikha Manal (Mansours wife) at various events and visits.
As for her having favorites I have no idea, but regardless I´m sure that few of her sons like the idea of going against her wishes, apart from being their mom and the late Emirs wife she´s also their link to the powerful Bani Qitab tribe who the crown prince relies heavily on for control of the military.

i have no inside knowledge. just the rumour mill when i worked in abu dhabi. i heard that she is not close to manal. manal is viewed the same as haya. she is considered an outsider. like i said this is just things i have heard. someone who lives in abu dhabi/dubai might shed some knowledge regarding these statements.

i have no inside knowledge. just the rumour mill when i worked in abu dhabi. i heard that she is not close to manal. manal is viewed the same as haya. she is considered an outsider. like i said this is just things i have heard. someone who lives in abu dhabi/dubai might shed some knowledge regarding these statements.

It seems that Fatima and Manal are working together in the UAE Womens Union though...

Abu Dhabi, Oct. 22nd, 2007 (WAM) --
HH.Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak held a dinner banquet this afternoon in honor of Laura Bush, the wife of President W. Bush of the United States of America and her accompanying delegation.
Sheikha Fatima and America's First Lady discussed issues concerning women and the bilateral relations between the two countries and the ways to enhance them .The two sides pointed out the importance of the UAE American partnership in fighting breast cancer.
The meeting was attended by sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan, wife of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister, sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid , wife of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Presidential Affairs, sheikha Al Yaziyah bint Saif , wife of Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister , and a number of sheikhas and sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi , Minister of Economy besides the female members of the Federal National Council.​

UAE businesswomen will gather for a special conference and exhibition for female investors and businesswomen. The event will be held under the auspices of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, honorary president of the UAE Businesswomen’s Council, and will be inaugurated by Her Highness Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Ladies Club and wife of His Highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Presidential Affairs.

you might be right. like i said i have only rumours of people who "claim" to know. thanks for taking the time to look all this stuff up.

you might be right. like i said i have only rumours of people who "claim" to know. thanks for taking the time to look all this stuff up.

Well, I heard that Sheikha Manal and Princess Haya got on well so maybe people assumed that both where not 100% accepted?
Or it just changed when she gave birth twice?

But it sometimes seems to be a case of Sheikha Fatima using Manal as a spokesperson to get her own ideas out in the open more easily and perhaps with less controversity as Manal are using Dubai as her forum but maybe they just have similar views.
I mean, when Hydra properties (funded by Sheikh Mansour) announced that they would build the EVE-tower where only females will be allowed to rent business space and offices in Dubai Business Bay it seems to be in line with Fatimas and Manals agenda.
It might of course just be a clever business idea but somehow It´s one coincidence to many I think.

I can just see it..The somewhat cocky Sheik Mansour walking into his palace longing for some tea and finding his mom and his wife looking at him in that certain way.
I would have jumped out of the window in pure panic myself...:lol:

Sheikha Fatima's role praised
WAM article

Arab IT Organisation hails efforts of Sheikha Fatima
WAM article

First Lady of Sudan: Sheikha Fatima heralded women's progress
Article

Lebanese First Lady hails the role of Sheikha Fatima in promoting women's renaissance
Article

Wife of Palestinian President hails efforts of Sheikha Fatima on Arab women issues
Article

Kuwaiti women's organisation praises Shaikha Fatima
Article

Shaikha Fatima to inaugurate 2nd Arab Women Organisation Conference
Article

thanks Turkish Delight for links:flowers:
intersting event,see all those first ladies in same place is something to don't miss:)

You're welcome shrifia!:flowers: & links again!:D

Wife of Syrian President hails efforts of Sheikha Fatima
Article

First ladies of Arab countries hail the role of Sheikha Fatima in supporting woman's renaissance
Article

Arab League hails Sheikha Fatima's efforts in the woman's cause
Article

Sheikha Fatima visits Lebanese First Lady
Article

Sheikha Fatima launches network for Arab Women in Diaspora

Article

Sheikha Fatima hosts dinner banquet

...H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the UAE General Women's Union (GWU), Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation (FDF) and President of Arab Women's Organisation (AWO) today hosted a dinner banquet in honour of the First Ladies and heads of delegations attending... Full Article

Sheikha Fatima receives Suzan Mubarak
Article

Egyptian First Lady ends UAE visit with a farewell bid by Shaikha Fatima
Article

Italian President confers Italy's highest award on Sheikha Fatima
Article

Fatima sends greetings to wives of Arab and Muslim presidents
Article

Sheikha Fatima helps to launch programme for early detection of hearing impairment among infants
Article

Sheikha Fatima visits Shelter Home for the victims of Human Trafficking
Article

Back
Top Bottom