Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Networks in Channel Islands used in effort to locate princess Latifa Al-Maktoum

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.c...nnel-islands-to-track-phones-around-the-world

Latifa, who claimed that her father had her held in solitary confinement, in the dark, beaten and sedated over a period of several years when she was in her teens and early twenties (allegations which have been denied), fled the United Arab Emirates on a chartered yacht, but was recaptured off the coast of India a week later.

The yacht used in Princess Latifa's escape attempt
Data reviewed by the Bureau shows that a series of signals designed to reveal phone location were sent to a US-registered mobile belonging to the yacht's skipper, Hervé Jaubert, the day before commandos stormed the yacht and seized the princess. The effort appears to have been part of a huge bid by the Emiratis – mobilising boats, a surveillance plane and electronic means – to track down the fleeing princess. Signals were sent via mobile networks in Jersey, Guernsey, Cameroon, Israel, Laos and the USA.

It is impossible to know if SS7 was the key to locating the yacht: Jaubert told the Bureau that he did not have this phone with him at the time, and that even if successfully compromised it could not have revealed his location.

I read somewhere she and Haya were given fake “evidence” of a supposed bipolar illness of Latifa.

Probably so and then when princess Haya met Latifa she found out that she was normal. Their meetings and what Latifas father told his wife Haya is recorded in the court documents. How Haya met Latifa in the villa the last time before her escape in january 2019 for example. Maybe she gave her the phone...

She was friends with Haya so I suspect Haya played a large part on convincing her there wasn’t anything untoward going on. Likely Haya was lied to as well.

She let herself be tricked over this... I still don't understand why.

How does she know she was tricked? She was told Latifa had bipolar disorder and was being cared for by her family. How can anyone know that's not true?

I've only read a couple of BBC articles on this story so might be missing a bunch of information, but what I've seen so far involves Latifa making allegations, the instructor and the rest of the alleged rescue team giving their version of events, and Haya initially saying she was told Latifa was ill but then changing her mind and saying she, Haya, was tricked.

What about this version of events: Latifa has a severe mental illness and has been deemed incompetent to make decisions about her medical treatment and place of residence by well trained physicians acting in good faith. Her father is designated as the person who makes those decisions for her. Latifa's allegations are the result of her illness and aren't accurate. The instructor either got taken in by the allegations without knowing the full story, or saw a way to take advantage of a sick young woman from a very wealthy family. Sheikh Mohammed, upon finding out that his mentally unstable daughter has been smuggled out of Dubai via inflatable boat onto a random yacht crewed by strangers, sends a team of professionals to get her back immediately. She's been safely living at home with access to her family and good medical care since. The "rescue team" is sticking with the version of the story that puts them in the best light. Haya decided she'd been tricked only once she figured out doing so could help her in her contentious divorce.

I guess what I'm asking is why could the above version of events not be true?

Read the court documents from march 2020 to get to full picture and why they belive in her story. Princess Latifa, princess Shamsa princess Haya they cant all be bipolar.

How does she know she was tricked? She was told Latifa had bipolar disorder and was being cared for by her family. How can anyone know that's not true?

I've only read a couple of BBC articles on this story so might be missing a bunch of information, but what I've seen so far involves Latifa making allegations, the instructor and the rest of the alleged rescue team giving their version of events, and Haya initially saying she was told Latifa was ill but then changing her mind and saying she, Haya, was tricked.

What about this version of events: Latifa has a severe mental illness and has been deemed incompetent to make decisions about her medical treatment and place of residence by well trained physicians acting in good faith. Her father is designated as the person who makes those decisions for her. Latifa's allegations are the result of her illness and aren't accurate. The instructor either got taken in by the allegations without knowing the full story, or saw a way to take advantage of a sick young woman from a very wealthy family. Sheikh Mohammed, upon finding out that his mentally unstable daughter has been smuggled out of Dubai via inflatable boat onto a random yacht crewed by strangers, sends a team of professionals to get her back immediately. She's been safely living at home with access to her family and good medical care since. The "rescue team" is sticking with the version of the story that puts them in the best light. Haya decided she'd been tricked only once she figured out doing so could help her in her contentious divorce.

Tiina Jauhiainen to finnish Helsingin Sanomat yesterday
Tiina told that she was on holiday in Finland in the spring of 2019, when she received contact from an unknown person. This person wanted to pass on Jauhiainen's contact from Latifa.
"When she/he made sure I was the right Tiina, she/he helped us exchange messages. After a few weeks, I managed to get a phone to Latifa with the help of the same person. I told Latifa what had happened to me and everything we tried to do to help her. It was pretty emotional in every way. When we got that phone forwarded to her, Latifa secretly recorded videos in the bathroom and sent them to us. We didn’t know how long that connection would last."
The connection to Latifa disappeared and the videos stopped arriving several months ago.
"We’re afraid that maybe she was caught with the phone. While we still had a connection, Latifa was at the "jail villa", a private house converted into a prison in Dubai, less than two kilometers from the skyscraper Burj Khalifa and only a block from the beach. There’s camera surveillance and guards. The windows are closed. You can't go out to get some fresh air", Jauhiainen says.
Suomalaisystävä auttoi toimittamaan puhelimen siepatulle Dubain prinsessalle_ viesteissään prinsessa kertoo, kuinka hänet huumattiin ja eristettiin ”jail villaan”_ HS.fi
Translation

I really hope that there will be a positive outcome for Sheikha Latifa and for Sheikha Shamsa. And I do wonder if Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum could even set them free and safe face in the UAE. It's such a sad and complicated situation.

I can't see release

I can't see Latifa ans Shamsa being released , unless bad conflict will happen. Latifa has already shown she's not afraid to speak. If released, people will ask questions and she'll answer them. It won't be nice talking.

These documentaries should also talk about Sheikha Shamsa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum. She is too in the same situation as Latifa since 2002. Latifa's videos confirming one thing Sheikh Mohammed never directly talked to Latifa or ever came in front of her after her escape attempts. He should just let Latifa and Shamsa go and tell them to live privately rather than creating any problems for him. It doesn't look like Latifa knows anything that can create problems for Sheikh Mohammed. All she talked about his treatment of her and Shamsa. So letting them go will solve this Latifa and Shamsa story.

Prime Minister of UK finally spoke about Latifa.

The prime minister said he is ‘concerned’ over the welfare of Princess Latifa al-Maktoum after disturbing footage emerged of her saying she had been kidnapped.

Boris Johnson said he will keep an eye’ on the United Nation’s investigation into the videos of the daughter of Dubai’s billionaire ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....d-for-kidnapped-princess-latifa-14097045/amp/

Last edited:

A reasoning that can not be excluded Imo.
But i think also so easy to check by allowing experts to examine Latifa, Sheikh Mohammed in my opinion in this circunstances need to do the right thing and let someone nutral from outside to see and check on his daughter and get access to her medical records.

Ps i don't buy the misleding argument from Haya i am so sorry but there is no way she doesn't know what happening or at least hear something and i ams so sorry to say i think she is using Latifa in her battle with Sheikh Mohammed

Last edited:
A reasoning that can be excluded Imo.
But i think also so easy to check by allowing experts to examine Latifa, Sheikh Mohammed in my opinion in this circunstances need to do the right thing and let someone nutral from outside to see and check on his daughter and get access to her medical records.

Ps i don't buy the misleding argument from Haya i am so sorry but there is no way she doesn't know what happening or at least hear something and i ams so sorry to say i think she is using Latifa in her battle with Sheikh Mohammed
Haya was helping Sheikh Mohammed by inviting Mary Robinson to the lunch so she can go tell everyone Latifa is bipolar but then after her affair with bodyguard she used the same Latifa to get rid of Sheikh Mohammed. I don't believe that she didn't know anything about Latifa or Shamsa. Shamsa kidnapping even made it to the news. Latifa couldn't escape from Dubai but using her Haya escaped from Dubai with her children.

Once Latifa hit the news Sheikh Mohammed's robot children start posting his pictures with the world's best dad caption ����

https://postimg.cc/v1HTzXmW

https://postimg.cc/6TTRw6td

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't know what to think about the "truth" of the massive media blitz. What was true? Seems to me that having a woman married to the ruler of a country, a despot no less, would have reason to fear for her life and her sanity in Dubai if he found out she had taken a lover. I would expect them to have been reported as eloped and never seen again.

Further, it seems their marriage only went south after she arranged a visit with Mary Robinsin as an independent woman of note. To me Latifah looked like she was heavily medicated and her hair looked unkempt. That cannot have failed to raise questions in Haya's mind as to Shamsa and Latifah's real situation and even the court said she lived in constant fear. So . . . . if he could do that to two of his own daughters, what might he do to her and her children.

With each of his wives in their own homes, the shocking news of Shamsa and then Latifah was barely reported and then by the viewpoint of their father. The news blitz was only in the western world and even when Haya was in the UK, it's not like she was accessible to the media.

On the other hand, Haya's reputation was shredded internationally by her EX husband since he divorced her the February before she managed to flee the country in April.

For me it stays still unclear how Haya managed to escape with her kids. Considering the bad situation at which she was at this moment, divorced by him and already receiving threatens for her life, it is crazy that she managed to leave her home and take a plane with her kids.
As for Latifa, is looks like she has been caught with the phone and actually she might be in a more strong jail, not a villa anymore. Apparently someone of her guards gave her this phone with connexion and internet, and now they should have change all her guards, if she is still alive.

Sheikha Latifa is so strong even after all she went through she still not surrender to Sheikh Mohammed. Since her messages stop coming it safe to say she got caught with the phones and now she might be in a more dangerous position than ever. I hope the UK going to push for Latifa and Shamsa's release. Since the UK have a good relationship with UAE they can do something about it.

UAE running a campaign #block_BBC ��
People In The UAE Are Blocking The BBC And The Hashtag Is Going Viral
The Arab world is responding to negative media attention, with a campaign to block the BBC. #Block_BBC is going viral #lovindubai https://t.co/yKW9gKOfCL

So if you close your eyes there´s no problem... The **** hit the fan. Live with it. :britflag:

UAE running a campaign #block_BBC ��
People In The UAE Are Blocking The BBC And The Hashtag Is Going Viral
The Arab world is responding to negative media attention, with a campaign to block the BBC. #Block_BBC is going viral #lovindubai https://t.co/yKW9gKOfCL

OMG amazing news!

Is it?...A few years ago she ...umm...lost...a brother in a very suspicious way as well..to al Maktoum nothing is strange nor impossible..not even concerning his own flesh and blood.

Let them block whatever he or they like,lets nationalise all their assets in the US and UK..Like in anything you can do we can do better..

QUOTE=StefanDi;2372076]So if you close your eyes there´s no problem... The **** hit the fan. Live with it. :britflag:[/QUOTE]

All those Twitter accounts started questioning BBC their role in Princess Diana's death. Now all of a sudden Emirati trolls care about Princess Diana ??

Now the UN is finally in the game!

https://news.sky.com/story/princess...that-missing-dubai-princess-is-alive-12222591

BREAKING
Princess Latifa: United Nations asks UAE for proof that missing Dubai princess is alive
World leaders including Prime Minister Boris Johnson have called for information about her wellbeing - now the UN has stepped in.

The family apparently released a statement saying that she is well taken care of; that they thank the members of the public for their interest in her well-being and that things are going better with her and that they hope that she will be able to return to public life at the right time. (see NOS (in Dutch))

They did however not submit any video or photographic proof as requested by the UN. So, I don't see any reason to believe a word of what they say. They are just very consistent in their PR pretending that she is just 'troubled' and that it is therefore in her best interest that the family takes care of her (by keeping her hostage).

Two videos from Latifa and Hayas testemony in court. Hopefully the UN womt be happy with their pr-trics because the rest of the world demands her release.

Lets just call it naive because thats what the UAE is in their crisis management here.

The family apparently released a statement saying that she is well taken care of; that they thank the members of the public for their interest in her well-being and that things are going better with her and that they hope that she will be able to return to public life at the right time. (see NOS (in Dutch))

They did however not submit any video or photographic proof as requested by the UN. So, I don't see any reason to believe a word of what they say. They are just very consistent in their PR pretending that she is just 'troubled' and that it is therefore in her best interest that the family takes care of her (by keeping her hostage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom