Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Articles like this one, that feels payed for by the UAE, definitley makes you wonder how free she really is. The thorn in the side for David and Tiina are still there by the UAE i presume. Did they bail out Marcus?

Backgrund: This tabolid has numerous pro UAE/MO articles that princess Haya is a sex addict, that Latifas supporters are supported by Al-Qaeda... Quite humerous to read actually if you scroll their archive a rainy day.

https://www.weeklyblitz.net/world/marcus-essabri-defects-david-tiina-gang/

For months, infamous charlatan David Haigh and his cohorts Tiina Jauhiainen were projecting Marcus Essabri, a gay partner of David as a cousin of the Dubai royals. Essabri has been telling various media outlets fabricated stories stating Dubai’s ruler Sheikh Mohammed Rashid al Maktoum has locked his daughters Princess Shamsa and Princess Latifa in isolated royal prison. He even went further by branding Sheikh Mohammed Rashid al Maktoum as an evil man. But now, weeks after Princess Latifa’s photos with her friends, including Sioned Taylor surfaced the media, David Haigh and Tiina Jauhiainen were devastated as this had totally destroyed their money-making project by selling fake stories centering Princess Latifa.

Princess Latifa’s photographs proved she neither was held captive against her will inside any so-called palace prison not she was restricted from travelling freely. These photos also rang alarm for David Haigh and Tiina Jauhiainen as they would ultimately face defamation charges for tarnishing the image of the Dubai royals, especially Sheikh Mohammed Rashid al Maktoum

Interview with Sheikh Mos ex wife Randa Al Banna:

‘Latifa isn’t free — she’s just in a bigger prison than before’
The ex-wife of Dubai’s leader has reason to doubt the tale of his prodigal daughter — she too was held captive by him, she claims

Interview with Sheikh Mos ex wife Randa Al Banna:

‘Latifa isn’t free — she’s just in a bigger prison than before’
The ex-wife of Dubai’s leader has reason to doubt the tale of his prodigal daughter — she too was held captive by him, she claims

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...in-a-bigger-prison-than-before-h0g2k03z7?s=09

Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter
"Check out the extraordinarily brave Randa Al Banna’s interview with @louiseelisabet today."

Here you can read Randa Al Banna's interview
https://epaper.thetimes.co.uk/searc...opDate=2021-9-19&hideSimilar=1&type=2&state=3

Last edited:
Tiina Jauhiainen tells about the escape and the events that led to it in the book "Prinsessan pako" (The Escape of the Princess), which will be published today. The book has been written by author Johanna Elomaa.
Uutuuskirja_ Näin Dubain prinsessan ja Tiina Jauhiaisen pakomatka eteni

Tiina Jauhiainen hid Princess Latifa in the trunk of the car and drove away from Dubai - a new book reveals the details of the escape from Dubai: "Our ship of hope stood in the middle of the black waves"
Uutuuskirja avaa yksityiskohdat prinsessa Latifan ja Tiinan pakomatkasta Dubaista - MTVuutiset.fi

The incredible journey of Tiina Jauhiainen and Princess Latifa of Dubai towards freedom
What is a person willing to do for her best friend?
The true story ends with a dizzying escape and the tenacious struggle of a tenacious Finnish woman to free her friend.
Prinsessan pako

At the book Tiina and her finnish friend Marko Remes tell about the secret Eurovision dinner, which was organized by Marko in his apartment in Dubai in the spring of 2016. It was the first time Latifa had entered an ordinary private home in her lifetime.
The trio Latifa, Tiina and Marko Remes spent the evening watching the Eurovision Song Contest on TV, scoring songs and eating dishes cooked by Remes.
Tiina tells that Latifa talked about the visit and remembered it even weeks later. The things very ordinary for others had proved to be the highlights of the whole year or even life for the Princess of Dubai.
Marko Remes describes the visit:
"When Latifa came to my apartment that night, she said your home is absolutely insane. In reality, I lived in roughly the smallest shoe box in Dubai and my apartment was an impossibly cramped studio. But for Latifa, it was wonderful. She went to the balcony of my apartment and watched as people jogged in front of an artificial lake spread out. She wondered and admired it all. Life that happened outside of the malls and skydiving."
Remes received a thank you note from Latifa, in which she said she didn’t remember having ever such a wonderful night. Remes says he only later realized what Latifa meant when she wrote that that night she had experienced “true freedom” for the first time in her life.
Through Jauhiainen, Remes also became a good friend of Latifa. He met Latifa almost daily after moving to Dubai in 2015.
"I was one of the few male friends of Latifa and was able to talk to her about almost everything, even though we couldn’t meet just the two of us. We often went with Latifa and Tiina to dine at the restaurants at the malls. That sounds nice, but in reality, those malls were Latifa’s prison. They were one of the few places she was allowed to be."
Remes says he initially thought about how the princess should be talked to and treated, but very soon it became clear how ordinary and genuine person Latifa, usually in sportswear and ponytail, was.
Remes also describes in the book the deepening of the friendship between Tiina and Latifa, which he followed closely while living in Dubai. Remes also played a small role in Latifa's escape attempt after Tiina told him about the plan in the fall of 2017. Remes became one of those people who knew about the plan and he got the video pre-recorded by Latifa.
Prinsessan pako_ Latifalle pidettiin salainen Euroviisuillallinen suomalaisen Markon kotona - Ulkomaat - Ilta-Sanomat

Prinsessan pako_ Uutuuskirja kertaa Dubain prinsessan pakomatkaa ja sen seurauksia - Ulkomaat - Ilta-Sanomat

Last edited:
Will the book be available in english?

Tiina Jauhiainen tells about the escape and the events that led to it in the book "Prinsessan pako" (The Escape of the Princess), which will be published today. The book has been written by author Johanna Elomaa.
Uutuuskirja_ Näin Dubain prinsessan ja Tiina Jauhiaisen pakomatka eteni

Tiina Jauhiainen hid Princess Latifa in the trunk of the car and drove away from Dubai - a new book reveals the details of the escape from Dubai: "Our ship of hope stood in the middle of the black waves"
Uutuuskirja avaa yksityiskohdat prinsessa Latifan ja Tiinan pakomatkasta Dubaista - MTVuutiset.fi

The incredible journey of Tiina Jauhiainen and Princess Latifa of Dubai towards freedom
What is a person willing to do for her best friend?
The true story ends with a dizzying escape and the tenacious struggle of a tenacious Finnish woman to free her friend.
Prinsessan pako

At the book Tiina and her finnish friend Marko Remes tell about the secret Eurovision dinner, which was organized by Marko in his apartment in Dubai in the spring of 2016. It was the first time Latifa had entered an ordinary private home in her lifetime.
The trio Latifa, Tiina and Marko Remes spent the evening watching the Eurovision Song Contest on TV, scoring songs and eating dishes cooked by Remes.
Tiina tells that Latifa talked about the visit and remembered it even weeks later. The things very ordinary for others had proved to be the highlights of the whole year or even life for the Princess of Dubai.
Marko Remes describes the visit:
"When Latifa came to my apartment that night, she said your home is absolutely insane. In reality, I lived in roughly the smallest shoe box in Dubai and my apartment was an impossibly cramped studio. But for Latifa, it was wonderful. She went to the balcony of my apartment and watched as people jogged in front of an artificial lake spread out. She wondered and admired it all. Life that happened outside of the malls and skydiving."
Remes received a thank you note from Latifa, in which she said she didn’t remember having ever such a wonderful night. Remes says he only later realized what Latifa meant when she wrote that that night she had experienced “true freedom” for the first time in her life.
Through Jauhiainen, Remes also became a good friend of Latifa. He met Latifa almost daily after moving to Dubai in 2015.
"I was one of the few male friends of Latifa and was able to talk to her about almost everything, even though we couldn’t meet just the two of us. We often went with Latifa and Tiina to dine at the restaurants at the malls. That sounds nice, but in reality, those malls were Latifa’s prison. They were one of the few places she was allowed to be."
Remes says he initially thought about how the princess should be talked to and treated, but very soon it became clear how ordinary and genuine person Latifa, usually in sportswear and ponytail, was.
Remes also describes in the book the deepening of the friendship between Tiina and Latifa, which he followed closely while living in Dubai. Remes also played a small role in Latifa's escape attempt after Tiina told him about the plan in the fall of 2017. Remes became one of those people who knew about the plan and he got the video pre-recorded by Latifa.
Prinsessan pako_ Latifalle pidettiin salainen Euroviisuillallinen suomalaisen Markon kotona - Ulkomaat - Ilta-Sanomat

Prinsessan pako_ Uutuuskirja kertaa Dubain prinsessan pakomatkaa ja sen seurauksia - Ulkomaat - Ilta-Sanomat

From a shy child to a world traveler and then to prison - Tiina Jauhiainen, who helped Princess Latifa escape, wants women free and equality in Dubai
When she was imprisoned, Jauhiainen had signed a non-disclosure agreement, in which she undertook to remain silent about the escape, the prison and interrogations, not to contact Latifa and not to criticize the rulers of the United Arab Emirates and the country as a whole.
At first, she was silent - but not because he was really committed to a non-disclosure agreement.
- At that point, everything was open and Latifa was a prisoner. That’s when I thought a lot about how my words and actions could affect his situation, and I was really careful when I spoke to the media.
There were offers from TV series to movies and documentaries. In the book, Jauhiainen says that a Finnish director had forcibly wanted to make a documentary about the case and offered Jauhiainen's brother's friends 10,000 euros if they arranged a meeting.
Jauhiainen agreed to writing of the book because she wants people to see the darker side of Dubai’s glossy image. She still does not give weight to the non-disclosure agreement.
Jauhiainen herself has been in contact with Latifa for the last time in the summer of 2020, after having organized a phone given to Latifa, but then the connection was lost. Now Tiina thinks Latifa may have been banned from contacting her partner in the escape. She doesn’t know her friend’s current situation but says the trips to Iceland and Spain shown in the pictures are already more than what Latifa has been able to do in 20 years.
Ujosta lapsesta maailmanmatkaajaksi ja sitten vankilaan – prinsessa Latifan pakoyrityksessä auttanut Tiina Jauhiainen haluaa naiset vapaiksi ja tasa-arvoa Dubaihin _ Uutissuomalainen _ Uusimaa
Translation

Tiina Jauhiainen has been interviewed by finnish MTV. At the video Tiina says that she doesn't want to speculate about how Latifa's situation is now, because she doesn't know it. There started to came photos of Latifa last May at Instagram accounts which Tiina also knew. She didn't know want to think, if this was some kind PR-work of of the Dubai government. But later in the summer Tiina met Latifa's cousin Marcus Essabri, who had met Latifa in Iceland. And because of that Tiina and her partners ended the FreeLatifa campaign in the beginning of August. The most important thing for them was that Latifa would be free and the law firm which represents Latifa has said that Latifa is free and she has been able to travel. Tiina thinks that as long as a Dubai woman is in Dubai, the freedom can be totally momentary. It can be taken away from you whenever. Tiina thinks that Latifa would be more safe after she would have moved to live abroad.
Näin eteni Dubain prinsessa Latifan dramaattinen pakomatka - MTVuutiset.fi

Tiina Jauhiainen, who helped Princess Latifa escape, knows the dark side of Dubai: “Many have sold their souls there”
Latifa al-Maktoum has not been seen in public for nearly half a year. In the latest pictures taken in Iceland, she appeared with her friend and cousin Marcus Essabri.
After the images were published last August, the FreeLatifa campaign to release Princess Latifa was also stopped. But there is no precise information about her real situation.
Tiina hasn't been in contact with her friend since her last contact with Latifa, imprisoned in a villa in Dubai, was cut off in July 2020. Tiina says that one could imagine that in order to have this freedom, Latifa had to agree to some kind of conditions. One of them is probably that she can't talk about the escape in public.
Tiina lives in London, but arrived in Finland to give interviews on a recently published book written by Johanna Elomaa. "The Escape of the Princess" brings together in one cover a dramatic escape story, the events that followed, and the development of the friendship between Tiina and Latifa.
Tiina has received some critical messages about the termination of the FreeLatifa campaign from some who supported the campaign or followed the incident. But she thinks they had a pretty good reason to end the campaign. Marcus had spent a week in Iceland with his cousin Latifa. The campaign was largely terminated on the basis of this meeting. Tiina believes it is a kind of compromise. Through the images, the UN received evidence from Dubai that the princess was alive, the sheikh got rid of at least a moment of embarrassing news coverage, and at the same time, Latifa seems to have received at least pieces of freedom. Tiina knows the friends who were in the pictures with Latifa. These are foreigners who have lived in Dubai for a long time and built their lives there, the court has apparently considered them to be sufficiently reliable “chaperones” for travel.
Tiina says that the Latifa case made her “completely by accident” a human rights activist. In Britain, she has been involved in some events and will continue that in the future. She would like to find a new job during the spring where she could campaign more for women's rights or human rights in general.
In May 2021, a British law firm asked Tiina to sign a contract so she could stop talking about the matter. She refused, as she has no intention of remaining silent.
- I was abducted from international waters too. Why should I stop talking about my own experience?
Prinsessa Latifa_ Paossa auttanut Tiina Jauhiainen tuntee Dubain pimeän puolen - Ulkomaat - Ilta-Sanomat
Translation

Tiina Jauhiainen was interviewed at finnish YLE Morning on Wednesday 19 January.
Dubain prinsessan huima pakomatka _ Ylen aamu _ Areena _ yle.fi

Latifa had first contacted Tiina in November 2010. In a politely worded email, she asked if Tiina could give private lessons in Brazilian martial art capoeira. Equally politely, Tiina tried to refuse the request, she had only been practicing the sport for a few years and could direct the woman to a more experienced male instructor. After many stubborn messages, Tiina finally agreed to the meeting.
When the women encountered at the stables of Al Maktum ruling family, Tiina did not at first know for sure Latifa's identity. The modest-looking princess had remained visibly hidden from the media.
Despite her high status, Latifa was very considerate, which impressed Tiina. Latifa was interested in the little details. When, for example, it turned out that Tiina had never tasted some exotic fruit, Latifa brought them to Tiina next time.
Neither guessed how deep a friendship would eventually form over the years. In 2013, Tiina left her day job in Abu Dhabi and became Latifa’s full-time coach. Although Latifa had grown up in a golden cage dictated by patriarchal rules, and Tiina was accustomed to living a very independent life, they recognized in each other a kindred spirit for whom freedom was the most important thing in life.
Friends began to spend time together outside of rehearsals as well. Almost limitless riches allowed them to try any extreme sports. They skydived and completed the wind tunnel pilot training. “You Tiina are a dreamer. Do you remember to open the parachute in the sky?” Latifa always took care.
Tiina noticed that even though Latifa pranked and organized birthday parties for her friends, there was something sad about her at the same time. In 2016 Latifa dared to tell Tiina about her previous escape attempt in the early 2000s. It had been a desperate attempt to get in touch with his sister Shamsa, who had also tried to escape from the ruling family and ended up in prison...
Living in isolation for a year after the escape, Latifa was connected to Tiina via a kind-hearted intermediary via the Messenger app. For a while, they were also able to communicate directly on WhatsApp. Since July 2020, Tiina’s messages have not reached Latifa. She hopes their paths still meet.
- I see Latifa often in my dreams. I’m still going through it and thinking about her. Being kindred spirits, that can't just be cut off like that.
Tiina hopes to work in the future on socially important issues, such as human rights. She says that in London, there are numerous aid organizations, but competition for jobs in the sector is fierce. She hopes that the relationships she has established with NGOs and human rights lawyers will open doors.
Tiina Jauhiainen auttoi Dubain prinsessaa pakenemaan _ Anna.fi
Translation

Last edited:
Tiina Jauhiainen was interviewed at "Efter nio" talk show at YLE Fem (swedish channel at finnish YLE), it was broadcast on 24th January.
Tiina's interview starts at 18.28.
Pari rakkaudessa, ystävyydessä ja työelämässä _ Efter Nio _ TV _ Areena _ yle.fi

Tiina has a definite idea about the reason why she does not get in touch with her friend Latifa.
- I simply believe that it is because I do not allow myself to be silenced. As long as I'm talking, we can not have contact.
Tiina Jauhiainen har en möjlighet att få återse sin vän prinsessan Latifa – förutsatt att hon håller käft – Yle Fem – svenska.yle.fi

Tiina Jauhiainen raises serious allegations against the United Arab Emirates and filed a criminal complaint in Germany on November 3 for torture and human rights violations. The fact that the foreign criminal complaint can be filed in Germany at all is a legal peculiarity. Germany has a so-called principle of universal jurisdiction for a limited number of serious international crimes.

Last edited:
A link where one can read more?

Tiina Jauhiainen raises serious allegations against the United Arab Emirates and filed a criminal complaint in Germany on November 3 for torture and human rights violations. The fact that the foreign criminal complaint can be filed in Germany at all is a legal peculiarity. Germany has a so-called principle of universal jurisdiction for a limited number of serious international crimes.

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom