The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2021, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch, tweets:
Growing concerns about Princess Latifa -- after three photos show she's alive, the radio silence from a young woman who clearly knows how to use the phone ...
https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1398744362327101441

Old 06-20-2021, 05:37 PM
Courtier

So Latifa was on a holiday in Europe with this lady who posted her latest pictures last time

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQW0a2OJ...dium=copy_link

Old 06-21-2021, 12:27 AM
Majesty

I find the photos of a "free" Latifa more than a little disturbing. Latifa is a beautiful woman and earlier photos show her attention to discreet grooming while all photos either show her looking 'vacant' and dressed as I would for the garden and her personal attention to grooming is non-existent. Her hair is virtually the same unbecoming messy tie back or bun in every photo and I am not referring to the currently fashionable "messy bun". The lights are on but nobody is home.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:48 AM
Aristocracy

In this facebook thread: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...0&id=659028139

Latifas lawyer Radha Sterling says that Latifa has made an agreement with her father and is planning to move on with her life. She also says that Latifa has been in contact with the UN.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:23 AM
Royal Highness

That doesn't seem to be what the thread is saying. Just that she seems to be alive and has "increased freedom". Personally I'm not convinced that these "happy Spanish holiday" photos prove anything except that she's (thankfully) alive. They look as staged as the last ones.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:42 AM
Aristocracy

Seems like the freelatifa.com campaign has ended:
https://freelatifa.com/home_latest_n...nstagram-post/

London, 21 June 2021

Following our statement of 22 May 2021 and media requests today for a response to the publication of a photograph of Princess Latifa in Madrid airport, David Haigh, co-founder of the Free Latifa campaign and Detained International said: “We are no doubt joined by tens of thousands around the world that supported Latifa these last three years when we say we are pleased to see Latifa seemingly having a passport, travelling and enjoying an increasing degree of freedom, these are very positive steps forward. I can also confirm that several of the campaign team have been contacted directly by Latifa. We cannot comment further at this stage, save to say that our only goal is to secure the present day and future safety and wellbeing of Latifa and that we are currently, and have been since May, seeking guarantees in that regard. At present, the campaign has put on hold all campaigning activities and we would like to express our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all those around the world that supported the FreeLatifa campaign and Latifa.

-Ends-
Old 06-21-2021, 04:44 PM
Majesty

I'm happy to see photos of Princess Latifa, but I don't know if she will have as much freedom as that.
But thankfully she can travel and enjoy life in a way.

It seems that Princess Latifa was recently in Madrid with a friend who has posted some photos with her recently on other occasions.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...amiga_3143927/
Old 06-21-2021, 05:12 PM
Courtier

This lady on Twitter said she has talked to Latifa's cousin and she is happy

https://twitter.com/YasMohammedxx/st...908852225?s=19
Old 06-21-2021, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I really hope so and that it isn't old pix.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter
"Pleased to see that Latifa appears to be free to fulfil her dreams of freedom to travel finally. I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a new chapter in her life"
https://twitter.com/TiinaJauhiainen/...36401019936777

Reuters could not independently verify whether Latifa has freedom of movement. The United Arab Emirates foreign ministry and the Dubai government's media office did not respond to a request for comment.
The picture was posted on the account of Sioned Taylor.
Taylor did not respond when contacted by Reuters via Instagram.
A source close to Latifa's lawyers said questions remained over Latifa's level of freedom and whether she would be forced to return to Dubai.
Dubai’s Latifa appears to have degree of freedom, says lawyer for campaign group _ Reuters
Old 06-23-2021, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

New statement from princess Latifa

From her Lawyer Radha Sterling:

https://www.facebook.com/659028139/posts/10159639871948140/

Statement from Princess Latifa:

I recently visited 3 European countries on holiday with my friend. I asked her to post a few photos online to prove to campaigners that I can travel where I want. I hope now that I can live my life in peace without further media scrutiny. And I thank everyone for their kind wishes".
Old 06-23-2021, 04:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanDi View Post
From her Lawyer Radha Sterling:

https://www.facebook.com/659028139/posts/10159639871948140/

Statement from Princess Latifa:

I recently visited 3 European countries on holiday with my friend. I asked her to post a few photos online to prove to campaigners that I can travel where I want. I hope now that I can live my life in peace without further media scrutiny. And I thank everyone for their kind wishes".
This comment from the same post makes so much sense:

Oh, so;

"Sorry I involved countless people in a vindictive and childish ruse to get back at my father because I'm a spoiled brat... I want to move on now and to hell with everyone that I involved in my scheme who has suffered greatly as a result - at that time and since then - and had their lives impacted, ruined and slandered. I just want to move on and have nice holidays with my friends jet-setting around Europe and go for coffee and cake, now that daddy Mo' isn't mad at me anymore..."

Not that simple.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:08 AM
Aristocracy

If her father doesnt forgive her Sister Shamsa after 20 yrs and she escaped without the media attention back in 1999, why would he forgive Latifa... Whom has a BBC documentary a book etc. About the escape.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyal View Post
This comment from the same post makes so much sense:

Oh, so;

"Sorry I involved countless people in a vindictive and childish ruse to get back at my father because I'm a spoiled brat... I want to move on now and to hell with everyone that I involved in my scheme who has suffered greatly as a result - at that time and since then - and had their lives impacted, ruined and slandered. I just want to move on and have nice holidays with my friends jet-setting around Europe and go for coffee and cake, now that daddy Mo' isn't mad at me anymore..."

Not that simple.
I think its quite likely that this is not the case and that she's been forced or pressured to put this out.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think its quite likely that this is not the case and that she's been forced or pressured to put this out.
By the Al Maktoum Family lawyer it seems. Not her lawyer... She should do a new Youtube and thank all her supporters and tell this to the camera.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch, at his Twitter
https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1407575083930075138
Old 06-23-2021, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch, at his Twitter
https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1407575083930075138
Spot on! Let her travel free and talk to the UN and thoose who has worked for her case in a secure location without chaperons.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think after years of speculation and assumptions that she has been killed with no evidence, the result being slander against her father without any proof. Which is totally wrong in the first place and cant just be swept aside.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanDi View Post
Spot on! Let her travel free and talk to the UN and thoose who has worked for her case in a secure location without chaperons.
I guess her being alive and able to travel should be more than enough for the public who wanted to see that she is alive and well.

As for talking to the UN and giving an interview, it is not the most important thing in her life nor is it a pre-requisite for anybody to confirm she is well. Those pictures of her out and about should be more than enough. That tweet incites the public to hunt for more when its clearly not a show stopper.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyal View Post
I guess her being alive and able to travel should be more than enough for the public who wanted to see that she is alive and well.

As for talking to the UN and giving an interview, it is not the most important thing in her life nor is it a pre-requisite for anybody to confirm she is well. Those pictures of her out and about should be more than enough. That tweet incites the public to hunt for more when its clearly not a show stopper.
But if the statement is from the Al-Maktoum lawyer and not her lawyer or her personally then what is it worth. Its like in the first place when they called her escape a kidnapping.