The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 09-30-2020, 02:16 PM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Article in The Sun today

No news in this new article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/128056...-grave-danger/
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 10-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 389
Nothing new just added Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco with the old list of Arab Princesses who are either missing or escaped.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...96aaa74e3b5e45
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 10-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 9,407

Beside is off topic and totally another situation and story...
Never mind Lalla Salma is neither missing or escaped and she was seen several time after her divorce out and about inside/outside Morocco with and without her children... These kind of articles are not just misleading but also stupid
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 10-07-2020, 12:49 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,641
Co-founders @HaighDavid and @TiinaJauhiainen, together with Latifa’s cousin @MarcusEssabri, held a series of meetings in September to progress work on the #FreeLatifa Campaign strategy going forward.
https://twitter.com/TeamFreeLatifa/s...71544160210944
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 10-11-2020, 11:57 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 389
Free Latifa posted a new picture of Sheikha Latifa

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGKtJ9Xg...=1cndkbvraszbl
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 11-21-2020, 04:24 PM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Has Christian Elombo been in prison science match 2018 when Latifa tried to escape? Accused of drivning HRH princess Latifa and Tiina Juhainen to Oman.

https://www.detainedindubai.org/post/christian-elombo-freed-as-uae-drops-interpol-case-for-helping-princess-latifa-escape
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 12-05-2020, 03:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 389
Today is 35th birthday of Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammad (2nd)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIalGRzh...=1w97dzawffyex
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 AM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Un founds Mo guilty

So the UN founds Mo guilty of kidnappning his daughter:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13430627/dubai-ruler-princess-latifa-justice-un/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&s=09

THE ruler of Dubai did imprison his princess daughter and must be brought to justice, the UN has said.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum "ordered and orchestrated" the kidnapping of his daughter Princess Latifa, 34, two years ago after she fled the emirate he rules, according to a judgement by the UK High Court in March.


The Sun

Menu

Hide the menu

NewsWorld News
SET HER FREE Dubai ruler DID imprison daughter princess Latifa and must be brought to justice, says UN
Ben Hill
18:15, 9 Dec 2020Updated: 18:15, 9 Dec 2020
Comment now


THE ruler of Dubai did imprison his princess daughter and must be brought to justice, the UN has said.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum "ordered and orchestrated" the kidnapping of his daughter Princess Latifa, 34, two years ago after she fled the emirate he rules, according to a judgement by the UK High Court in March.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was found to have kidnapped his daughter
Yet despite worldwide publicity and her plight being featured in an award-winning BBC documentary - Escape from Dubai: The Mystery of a Missing Princess - she is still being held against her will in her homeland.

She has not been seen in public since the luxury yacht she was staying on with a friend was stormed by commandos in the Indian Ocean in March 2018.

The UN’s Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances (WGEID) has backed a complaint by the Free Latifa campaign, who had called on it to intervene in the case.

The WGEID found that the United Nations Declaration on the
Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearances had been breached and that Dubai should be investigated and brought to justice.

They also found that adequate compensation should be given to Latifa.

Human rights lawyer David Haigh, who co-founded the Free Latifa campaign, said: “This is a terrific judgement, and we are encouraged that it will lead to freedom for Latifa.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 12-10-2020, 04:56 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 4,000
But does he care what the UN says? I suspect he does not. I hope I'm wrong though and that this helps free Latifa.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 12-11-2020, 04:19 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 4,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
But does he care what the UN says? I suspect he does not. I hope I'm wrong though and that this helps free Latifa.
I think that he doesn't care at all, and in any case he can't go back now. He always claimed that his daughter is free and happy, so he can't release her now, as she will talk.
I presume that as a head of State he has immunity, otherwise it is not impossible to have issued against him an international court order to arrest him.
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 12-18-2020, 08:59 AM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Networks in Channel Islands used in effort to locate princess Latifa Al-Maktoum

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ound-the-world

Quote:
Latifa, who claimed that her father had her held in solitary confinement, in the dark, beaten and sedated over a period of several years when she was in her teens and early twenties (allegations which have been denied), fled the United Arab Emirates on a chartered yacht, but was recaptured off the coast of India a week later.

The yacht used in Princess Latifa's escape attempt
Data reviewed by the Bureau shows that a series of signals designed to reveal phone location were sent to a US-registered mobile belonging to the yacht's skipper, Hervé Jaubert, the day before commandos stormed the yacht and seized the princess. The effort appears to have been part of a huge bid by the Emiratis – mobilising boats, a surveillance plane and electronic means – to track down the fleeing princess. Signals were sent via mobile networks in Jersey, Guernsey, Cameroon, Israel, Laos and the USA.

It is impossible to know if SS7 was the key to locating the yacht: Jaubert told the Bureau that he did not have this phone with him at the time, and that even if successfully compromised it could not have revealed his location.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 02-16-2021, 10:20 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,843
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-Latifa.html
'I'm a hostage': Haunting videos recorded by Dubai Princess Latifa al Maktoum after she was kidnapped
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 02-16-2021, 10:28 AM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-Latifa.html
'I'm a hostage': Haunting videos recorded by Dubai Princess Latifa al Maktoum after she was kidnapped
OMG amazing news!
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 02-16-2021, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,355
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-east-56084769

Former Irish President Mary Robinson says she was “horribly tricked” by family over the whole thing.

I read somewhere she and Haya were given fake “evidence” of a supposed bipolar illness of Latifa.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 02-16-2021, 11:35 AM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I read somewhere she and Haya were given fake “evidence” of a supposed bipolar illness of Latifa.
Probably so and then when princess Haya met Latifa she found out that she was normal. Their meetings and what Latifas father told his wife Haya is recorded in the court documents. How Haya met Latifa in the villa the last time before her escape in january 2019 for example. Maybe she gave her the phone...
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-Latifa.html
'I'm a hostage': Haunting videos recorded by Dubai Princess Latifa al Maktoum after she was kidnapped
Nice to know she is alive. Hope one day she will be free from her father.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-east-56084769

Former Irish President Mary Robinson says she was “horribly tricked” by family over the whole thing.

I read somewhere she and Haya were given fake “evidence” of a supposed bipolar illness of Latifa.
She let herself be tricked over this... I still don't understand why.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,355
She was friends with Haya so I suspect Haya played a large part on convincing her there wasn’t anything untoward going on. Likely Haya was lied to as well.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 02-16-2021, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
She let herself be tricked over this... I still don't understand why.
How does she know she was tricked? She was told Latifa had bipolar disorder and was being cared for by her family. How can anyone know that's not true?


I've only read a couple of BBC articles on this story so might be missing a bunch of information, but what I've seen so far involves Latifa making allegations, the instructor and the rest of the alleged rescue team giving their version of events, and Haya initially saying she was told Latifa was ill but then changing her mind and saying she, Haya, was tricked.

What about this version of events: Latifa has a severe mental illness and has been deemed incompetent to make decisions about her medical treatment and place of residence by well trained physicians acting in good faith. Her father is designated as the person who makes those decisions for her. Latifa's allegations are the result of her illness and aren't accurate. The instructor either got taken in by the allegations without knowing the full story, or saw a way to take advantage of a sick young woman from a very wealthy family. Sheikh Mohammed, upon finding out that his mentally unstable daughter has been smuggled out of Dubai via inflatable boat onto a random yacht crewed by strangers, sends a team of professionals to get her back immediately. She's been safely living at home with access to her family and good medical care since. The "rescue team" is sticking with the version of the story that puts them in the best light. Haya decided she'd been tricked only once she figured out doing so could help her in her contentious divorce.

I guess what I'm asking is why could the above version of events not be true?
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 02-16-2021, 05:29 PM
StefanDi's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West coast, Sweden
Posts: 113
Read the court documents from march 2020 to get to full picture and why they belive in her story. Princess Latifa, princess Shamsa princess Haya they cant all be bipolar.

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/re-ai-m-handed-down-by-sir-andrew-mcfarlane-president-of-the-family-division/

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
How does she know she was tricked? She was told Latifa had bipolar disorder and was being cared for by her family. How can anyone know that's not true?


I've only read a couple of BBC articles on this story so might be missing a bunch of information, but what I've seen so far involves Latifa making allegations, the instructor and the rest of the alleged rescue team giving their version of events, and Haya initially saying she was told Latifa was ill but then changing her mind and saying she, Haya, was tricked.

What about this version of events: Latifa has a severe mental illness and has been deemed incompetent to make decisions about her medical treatment and place of residence by well trained physicians acting in good faith. Her father is designated as the person who makes those decisions for her. Latifa's allegations are the result of her illness and aren't accurate. The instructor either got taken in by the allegations without knowing the full story, or saw a way to take advantage of a sick young woman from a very wealthy family. Sheikh Mohammed, upon finding out that his mentally unstable daughter has been smuggled out of Dubai via inflatable boat onto a random yacht crewed by strangers, sends a team of professionals to get her back immediately. She's been safely living at home with access to her family and good medical care since. The "rescue team" is sticking with the version of the story that puts them in the best light. Haya decided she'd been tricked only once she figured out doing so could help her in her contentious divorce.

I guess what I'm asking is why could the above version of events not be true?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashed Al Maktoum (1943-2006) (late Ruler of Dubai) and Family sally1234 Ruling Family of Dubai 211 02-05-2021 09:32 AM
Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum (1977- ) kate_mac15 Ruling Family of Dubai 176 08-27-2020 08:44 AM
Sheikha Latifa & Sheikh Rashid bin Ahmed Al Maktoum (champion show-jumpers) dazzling Ruling Family of Dubai 33 03-21-2015 06:39 PM
Sheikh Nasser of Bahrain & Sheikha Sheikha bint Mohd Al Maktoum - Sep28 & Oct 2,2009 dazzling Royal Weddings 113 11-08-2009 05:57 AM
Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Jumaa Al Maktoum mariam Current Events Archive 191 01-18-2006 09:29 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia 2020 ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor armstrong-jones background story biography british royal family canada commonwealth countries coronavirus customs daisy doge of venice doll duke of sussex earl of snowdon emperor family life family tree fashion and style games general news thread george vi gustaf vi adolf hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume interesting introduction jack brooksbank jewellery jewelry kids movie książ castle line of succession list of rulers maxima meghan markle nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess laurentien princess of orange queen consort royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech stuart sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan thailand tradition videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×