Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2020, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Article in The Sun today

No news in this new article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/128056...-grave-danger/

Old 10-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Nobility

Nothing new just added Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco with the old list of Arab Princesses who are either missing or escaped.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...96aaa74e3b5e45

Old 10-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Beside is off topic and totally another situation and story...
Never mind Lalla Salma is neither missing or escaped and she was seen several time after her divorce out and about inside/outside Morocco with and without her children... These kind of articles are not just misleading but also stupid
Old 10-07-2020, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Co-founders @HaighDavid and @TiinaJauhiainen, together with Latifa’s cousin @MarcusEssabri, held a series of meetings in September to progress work on the #FreeLatifa Campaign strategy going forward.
https://twitter.com/TeamFreeLatifa/s...71544160210944
Old 10-11-2020, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Free Latifa posted a new picture of Sheikha Latifa

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGKtJ9Xg...=1cndkbvraszbl
Old 11-21-2020, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Has Christian Elombo been in prison science match 2018 when Latifa tried to escape? Accused of drivning HRH princess Latifa and Tiina Juhainen to Oman.

https://www.detainedindubai.org/post/christian-elombo-freed-as-uae-drops-interpol-case-for-helping-princess-latifa-escape
Old 12-05-2020, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Today is 35th birthday of Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammad (2nd)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIalGRzh...=1w97dzawffyex
Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

Un founds Mo guilty

So the UN founds Mo guilty of kidnappning his daughter:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13430627/dubai-ruler-princess-latifa-justice-un/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&s=09

THE ruler of Dubai did imprison his princess daughter and must be brought to justice, the UN has said.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum "ordered and orchestrated" the kidnapping of his daughter Princess Latifa, 34, two years ago after she fled the emirate he rules, according to a judgement by the UK High Court in March.

The Sun

Menu

Hide the menu

NewsWorld News
SET HER FREE Dubai ruler DID imprison daughter princess Latifa and must be brought to justice, says UN
Ben Hill
18:15, 9 Dec 2020Updated: 18:15, 9 Dec 2020
Comment now

THE ruler of Dubai did imprison his princess daughter and must be brought to justice, the UN has said.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum "ordered and orchestrated" the kidnapping of his daughter Princess Latifa, 34, two years ago after she fled the emirate he rules, according to a judgement by the UK High Court in March.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was found to have kidnapped his daughter
Yet despite worldwide publicity and her plight being featured in an award-winning BBC documentary - Escape from Dubai: The Mystery of a Missing Princess - she is still being held against her will in her homeland.

She has not been seen in public since the luxury yacht she was staying on with a friend was stormed by commandos in the Indian Ocean in March 2018.

The UN’s Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances (WGEID) has backed a complaint by the Free Latifa campaign, who had called on it to intervene in the case.

The WGEID found that the United Nations Declaration on the
Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearances had been breached and that Dubai should be investigated and brought to justice.

They also found that adequate compensation should be given to Latifa.

Human rights lawyer David Haigh, who co-founded the Free Latifa campaign, said: “This is a terrific judgement, and we are encouraged that it will lead to freedom for Latifa.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

But does he care what the UN says? I suspect he does not. I hope I'm wrong though and that this helps free Latifa.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
But does he care what the UN says? I suspect he does not. I hope I'm wrong though and that this helps free Latifa.
I think that he doesn't care at all, and in any case he can't go back now. He always claimed that his daughter is free and happy, so he can't release her now, as she will talk.
I presume that as a head of State he has immunity, otherwise it is not impossible to have issued against him an international court order to arrest him.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:59 AM
Aristocracy

Networks in Channel Islands used in effort to locate princess Latifa Al-Maktoum

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ound-the-world

Quote:
Latifa, who claimed that her father had her held in solitary confinement, in the dark, beaten and sedated over a period of several years when she was in her teens and early twenties (allegations which have been denied), fled the United Arab Emirates on a chartered yacht, but was recaptured off the coast of India a week later.

The yacht used in Princess Latifa's escape attempt
Data reviewed by the Bureau shows that a series of signals designed to reveal phone location were sent to a US-registered mobile belonging to the yacht's skipper, Hervé Jaubert, the day before commandos stormed the yacht and seized the princess. The effort appears to have been part of a huge bid by the Emiratis – mobilising boats, a surveillance plane and electronic means – to track down the fleeing princess. Signals were sent via mobile networks in Jersey, Guernsey, Cameroon, Israel, Laos and the USA.

It is impossible to know if SS7 was the key to locating the yacht: Jaubert told the Bureau that he did not have this phone with him at the time, and that even if successfully compromised it could not have revealed his location.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-Latifa.html
'I'm a hostage': Haunting videos recorded by Dubai Princess Latifa al Maktoum after she was kidnapped
Old 02-16-2021, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
'I'm a hostage': Haunting videos recorded by Dubai Princess Latifa al Maktoum after she was kidnapped
OMG amazing news!
Old 02-16-2021, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-east-56084769

Former Irish President Mary Robinson says she was “horribly tricked” by family over the whole thing.

I read somewhere she and Haya were given fake “evidence” of a supposed bipolar illness of Latifa.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I read somewhere she and Haya were given fake “evidence” of a supposed bipolar illness of Latifa.
Probably so and then when princess Haya met Latifa she found out that she was normal. Their meetings and what Latifas father told his wife Haya is recorded in the court documents. How Haya met Latifa in the villa the last time before her escape in january 2019 for example. Maybe she gave her the phone...
Old 02-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Nice to know she is alive. Hope one day she will be free from her father.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-east-56084769

Former Irish President Mary Robinson says she was “horribly tricked” by family over the whole thing.

She let herself be tricked over this... I still don't understand why.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

She was friends with Haya so I suspect Haya played a large part on convincing her there wasn’t anything untoward going on. Likely Haya was lied to as well.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
She let herself be tricked over this... I still don't understand why.
How does she know she was tricked? She was told Latifa had bipolar disorder and was being cared for by her family. How can anyone know that's not true?

I've only read a couple of BBC articles on this story so might be missing a bunch of information, but what I've seen so far involves Latifa making allegations, the instructor and the rest of the alleged rescue team giving their version of events, and Haya initially saying she was told Latifa was ill but then changing her mind and saying she, Haya, was tricked.

What about this version of events: Latifa has a severe mental illness and has been deemed incompetent to make decisions about her medical treatment and place of residence by well trained physicians acting in good faith. Her father is designated as the person who makes those decisions for her. Latifa's allegations are the result of her illness and aren't accurate. The instructor either got taken in by the allegations without knowing the full story, or saw a way to take advantage of a sick young woman from a very wealthy family. Sheikh Mohammed, upon finding out that his mentally unstable daughter has been smuggled out of Dubai via inflatable boat onto a random yacht crewed by strangers, sends a team of professionals to get her back immediately. She's been safely living at home with access to her family and good medical care since. The "rescue team" is sticking with the version of the story that puts them in the best light. Haya decided she'd been tricked only once she figured out doing so could help her in her contentious divorce.

I guess what I'm asking is why could the above version of events not be true?
Old 02-16-2021, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Read the court documents from march 2020 to get to full picture and why they belive in her story. Princess Latifa, princess Shamsa princess Haya they cant all be bipolar.

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/re-ai-m-handed-down-by-sir-andrew-mcfarlane-president-of-the-family-division/

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
How does she know she was tricked? She was told Latifa had bipolar disorder and was being cared for by her family. How can anyone know that's not true?

I've only read a couple of BBC articles on this story so might be missing a bunch of information, but what I've seen so far involves Latifa making allegations, the instructor and the rest of the alleged rescue team giving their version of events, and Haya initially saying she was told Latifa was ill but then changing her mind and saying she, Haya, was tricked.

What about this version of events: Latifa has a severe mental illness and has been deemed incompetent to make decisions about her medical treatment and place of residence by well trained physicians acting in good faith. Her father is designated as the person who makes those decisions for her. Latifa's allegations are the result of her illness and aren't accurate. The instructor either got taken in by the allegations without knowing the full story, or saw a way to take advantage of a sick young woman from a very wealthy family. Sheikh Mohammed, upon finding out that his mentally unstable daughter has been smuggled out of Dubai via inflatable boat onto a random yacht crewed by strangers, sends a team of professionals to get her back immediately. She's been safely living at home with access to her family and good medical care since. The "rescue team" is sticking with the version of the story that puts them in the best light. Haya decided she'd been tricked only once she figured out doing so could help her in her contentious divorce.

I guess what I'm asking is why could the above version of events not be true?