Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://detained-in-dubai.prowly.com/145319-princess-latifa-issues-media-statement

Princess Latifa issues media statement
23 June 2021

Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum has issued a statement for media, circulated by her newly appointed London lawyers.

“I recently visited 3 European countries on holiday with my friend. I asked her to post a few photos online to prove to campaigners that I can travel where I want. I hope now that I can live my life in peace without further media scrutiny. And I thank everyone for their kind wishes”.
Public supporters have taken to social media to express their confusion over Latifa's sudden 'change of heart'.

Radha Stirling, CEO of Detained in Dubai was contacted by Princess Latifa during the assault on Nostromo has explained that the United Nations is the correct body to be addressing Latifa's case with the UAE. "Since we instructed United Nations involvement in March 2018 on behalf of Latifa, they have been the correct body to ensure her safety. The UAE has cooperated in providing proof of life and sharing photos of Latifa traveling and dining on social media. To close the UN case though, the body must be satisfied that their withdrawal is the genuine wish of Latifa herself.

"An important consideration here is that Latifa should never have been kidnapped from a US flagged yacht in international waters. The UAE should never have felt emboldened to take such unprecedented military action to then kidnap and detain five foreign nationals and Princess Latifa. The gravity of this act has been somewhat overshadowed by the concern for Latifa's welfare but if left unaddressed and unpunished, we will only see further extreme criminal acts committed by belligerent countries outside of their jurisdiction.

"Cptn. Hervé Jaubert bravely helped Latifa escape in 2018, risking his life to save her. He was violently assaulted, abducted, held in a UAE prison and interrogated. He was then returned to his boat after it had been looted and damaged by military forces. Then he discovers he was listed on Interpol's Red Notice database for 'kidnapping' causing him to be separated from his family for almost a year as a result. Hervé had every right to feel safe from such an attack, but nobody can feel safe from a rogue government willing to commit such an atrocity in complete violation of international law.

"Interpol is responsible for accepting the frivolous red notice from Dubai and we are preparing a lawsuit against Interpol in the United States. They must be held to account for the lives they continually ruin."

If her father doesnt forgive her Sister Shamsa after 20 yrs and she escaped without the media attention back in 1999, why would he forgive Latifa... Whom has a BBC documentary a book etc. About the escape.

Why do you think Shamsa is has not been forgiven by her father? Because she didn’t appear in public?
She lives with her mother and sister, travels and I’ve seen pictures of her at the stables with Maitha.

Why do you think Shamsa is has not been forgiven by her father? Because she didn’t appear in public?
She lives with her mother and sister, travels and I’ve seen pictures of her at the stables with Maitha.

Thats not the picture Latifa gives in the first youtube video. There she talks about how Shamsa is drugged and kept locked up in her room. Tiina also confirms this in one of the early interviews. She meet Shamsa at a wedding before their escape in 2018. If you have any other information that proves this statement being wrong please share real evidence here.

The situation is very weird.
Either Sh.Mo managed to organize another big lie, by putting some theatrical half fake pictures of his daughter, to show she is alive, and she will disappear for ever after. He has money, it is fully feasible to make her travel half drugged to Spain by private jet, arrange some pictures and bring her back. He was able to exfilter Samsa from UK years ago, why not to do it again?
Or, they reached an agreement where she gained a certain level of freedom, but in the other side she is committed not to talk about her story any more.
The strange point is: according to their story she spent some time traveling in Europe, ok could be. But didn't she try to see Tina? They were friends no? Tina's reaction is also strange, as she did not give any information about if they met or talked.
Food for thought. But in any case something is very strange

I think in this situation Tiina Jauhiainen has to be very careful with what she is saying.

An article:
"in each of the three images, Latifa is always on the left and to her right is the same woman – Sioned Taylor, reported to be a teacher, formerly of the British Navy and ex-employee of the Dubai royal family. How close her connection is to the royal family is unclear, but the pictures look odd.
After sending videos and demanding freedom, are we to believe Latifa has decided to remain silent and allow Taylor to announce she is happy?"
Do law firm statements & odd Instagram pictures prove the ruler of Dubai’s daughter Princess Latifa is free_ I don’t think so — RT Op-ed

I don't understand why Tiina, David, and her cousin Marcus all of a sudden believe Latifa is free. Why not they share with the public what Latifa told them? Public support is what made this campaign successful and kept Latifa alive but now they just stopped the campaign without any proof. I think Sheikh Mohammed paid the Free Latifa campaign to stop bothering him. Latifa too earn some freedom but I think she will end up like Shamsa once people forget her. This lady Sioned looks very suspicious why a British teacher is part of this. The pictures look uncomfortable and Latifa looks sedated. Just a statement from a newly appointed lawyer. Why not make Latifa speak for herself and Why she replaced the former lawyer? What about Shamsa? Free Latifa didn't ask this?

I don't understand why Tiina, David, and her cousin Marcus all of a sudden believe Latifa is free. Why not they share with the public what Latifa told them? Public support is what made this campaign successful and kept Latifa alive but now they just stopped the campaign without any proof. I think Sheikh Mohammed paid the Free Latifa campaign to stop bothering him. Latifa too earn some freedom but I think she will end up like Shamsa once people forget her. This lady Sioned looks very suspicious why a British teacher is part of this. The pictures look uncomfortable and Latifa looks sedated. Just a statement from a newly appointed lawyer. Why not make Latifa speak for herself and Why she replaced the former lawyer? What about Shamsa? Free Latifa didn't ask this?
The good scenario Is that Latifah reached am agreement with her father to be free but to not talk anymore. And consequently Tina and the others can't disclose anything more.
The bad is that all the last events are a prepared scenario, and maybe Tina and the others received millions to stop doing a mess.

Princess Latifa's sister, Princess Shamsa hasn't been seen since 2000 when she was kidnapped off the streets of Cambridge, since it's alleged she's been tortured, jailed and drugged and her safety remains unknown as pictures emerge of her sister, Princess Latifa, on holiday

Thats not the picture Latifa gives in the first youtube video. There she talks about how Shamsa is drugged and kept locked up in her room. Tiina also confirms this in one of the early interviews. She meet Shamsa at a wedding before their escape in 2018. If you have any other information that proves this statement being wrong please share real evidence here.

I cannot provide pictures as it is illegal to take pictures of women without consent, even in public .
But in some pictures on sheikha Maithas page you can see Shamsa ( I’ll try to get those)
Also you can simply attend some of sheikha Maithas polo matches, she sometimes attends.

Princess Latifa's sister, Princess Shamsa hasn't been seen since 2000 when she was kidnapped off the streets of Cambridge, since it's alleged she's been tortured, jailed and drugged and her safety remains unknown as pictures emerge of her sister, Princess Latifa, on holiday...

26th june 2021 is the article from.

Would you mind sharing Sheikha Shamsa Photo while she was attending the Polo match ?

I didn’t see her photo in this age, ever.

I hope that the both sisters Shiekha Shamsa and Shiekha Latifa II have freedom to travel, choose where to live and if they want to live in Europe (UK) then they can, complete their education , do sports,…etc.

I hope they both open public accounts in instagrams to share their photos, videos or share their interests and thoughts because many people around the world care about these 2 Sheikhas

I hope Latifa II could talk in these video about her day for example.

That’s will be great !

Last edited:
Last edited:
A British human rights campaigner and lawyer who was fighting to free Dubai’s Princess Latifa had his mobile phone compromised by Pegasus spyware on 3 and 4 August 2020, according to a forensic analysis carried out by Amnesty International.
David Haigh is the first confirmed British victim of infiltration by Pegasus software, an attack suspected to have been ordered by Dubai, because of his connection with the 35-year-old princess, a daughter of the emirate’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed, and the Free Latifa campaign of which he was part.
At the time his phone was compromised, Haigh had been helping the legal team of Princess Haya, a wife of the sheikh, who is embroiled in a battle with the ruler of Dubai in the English courts over the custody of their young children.
Princess Latifa campaigner had ‘phone compromised by Pegasus spyware’ _ Dubai _ The Guardian

Statement by FreeLatifa co founder David Haigh on confirmation from Amnesty International that his mobile phone was hacked with controversial Pegasus app - #FreeLatifa

Last edited:
FreeLatifa campaign to close following meeting with Marcus Essabri and Princess Latifa
FreeLatifa campaign team member and Latifa’s cousin Marcus Essabri recently met with Latifa in Iceland.
Marcus Essabri said: “I had an emotional reunion with my cousin Latifa in Iceland. I feel blessed that I got to spend time with her. It was reassuring to see her so happy, well and focused on her plans”
Following the meeting between Marcus and Latifa in Iceland it has been decided that the most appropriate step at this time is to close the Free Latifa campaign.
FreeLatifa campaign to close following meeting with Marcus Essabri and Princess Latifa - #FreeLatifa

Tiina Jauhiainen and David Haigh thank everyone who supported the FreeLatifa campaign

Last edited:
Still no Word from Latifa herself... Did the fat Lady just sing?

FreeLatifa campaign to close following meeting with Marcus Essabri and Princess Latifa
FreeLatifa campaign team member and Latifa’s cousin Marcus Essabri recently met with Latifa in Iceland.
Marcus Essabri said: “I had an emotional reunion with my cousin Latifa in Iceland. I feel blessed that I got to spend time with her. It was reassuring to see her so happy, well and focused on her plans”
Following the meeting between Marcus and Latifa in Iceland it has been decided that the most appropriate step at this time is to close the Free Latifa campaign.
FreeLatifa campaign to close following meeting with Marcus Essabri and Princess Latifa - #FreeLatifa

Tiina Jauhiainen and David Haigh thank everyone who supported the FreeLatifa campaign

Still no Word from Latifa herself... Did the fat Lady just sing?

Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch, at his Twitter
"There's something odd about these periodic photographs of Princess Latifa (this one in Iceland). If she is no longer under the thumb of her father, Dubai's ruler, why doesn't he let her go to a safe locale and speak freely to the media or to rights groups?"

Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch, at his Twitter
"There's something odd about these periodic photographs of Princess Latifa (this one in Iceland). If she is no longer under the thumb of her father, Dubai's ruler, why doesn't he let her go to a safe locale and speak freely to the media or to rights groups?"

He has a point. Just let her tape a statement on Youtube.

Marcus is also the cousin of Sheikha Shamsa. Why he is not talking about Sheikha Shamsa?

Marcus Essabri at his Twitter
"Latifa is making her own decisions and is living her life in the way she wants to lead it"

"I speak with Latifa almost daily and she has asked me to reiterate that she wants to live her life in peace as a private person, wants the speculation as to her wellbeing to end and to thank everyone for their kind wishes."

"In the circumstances I am now withdrawing from free Latifa campaign"

I guess these are the 'conditions' that Latifa had to except to gain some freedom.

But indeed, what about her sister?

She has the same expression in every photo. Which is a blank look, not like someone who is enjoying a round the world tour. I'm not convinced she is in anyway "free" although perhaps it is better than being locked in a prison.

Then there are the "messages" allegedly from Latifa saying she's fine and just wants to live a quiet private life and thank you but please go away and stop bothering her. That's not at all suspicious.......

Given the nature of her dramatic escape attempts and videos it would be good if she could sit down with a journalist on camera and state that she's ok and has reached an agreement with her family.

And yes, there's no word on Shamsa.

The new book Sins of the Sheikh summors the damage that Shamsa, Latifa and Haya caused Al Maktoum. I find it hard that he just would let this go after all the PR losses Latifa caused him. She was in jail for over four years in total for her 2 escapes if i recall right.

Tiina Jauhiainen has spoken to finnish Ilta-Sanomat:
Tiina Jauhiainen, a close friend of Latifa who ran the Free Latifa campaign and assisted Latifa in her escape attempt three years ago, sees the situation as an improvement over the former.
- I haven't met Latifa in person. At this point, I don't have personal confirmation of Latifa's situation, but according to her cousin, she is now free. At least seemingly, Latifa's situation is better than it has been for the last two decades. She had not left the country since 2000 and has now been able to travel and is not imprisoned. So the campaign has been a success.
Herve Jaubert said to Ilta-Sanomat:
- It’s hard to believe that Latifa who spoke to me and planned her escape for seven years and who released videos talking about the coercive measures Dubai had used to get her to agree to their ‘propaganda’ plan would be really free. I hope she is (free), but I don’t think so.
Kuva Dubain prinsessa Latifasta Islannissa serkkunsa kanssa puhuttaa – suomalainen ystävä kertoo, miksi Free Latifa -kampanja lopetettiin - Ilta-Sanomat

Maybe it is part of Latifa's deal that she can't take contact to Tiina Jauhiainen?

“Although Princess Latifa has not communicated directly to the public or via her own social media accounts, her appointed lawyers in London have been communicating her wish to ‘lead a quiet life out of the media spotlight’ to British journalists and campaigners”, said Radha Stirling, the founder of Detained in Dubai who Latifa called in the middle of the attack on Nostromo.
“The United Nations has followed Latifa’s case from the beginning in 2018 when we instructed Toby Cadman QC. Since then, they have expressed grave concerns for her safety and demanded proof of life and her freedom. The UN is the correct forum to continue to monitor Latifa’s plight and we have submitted relevant evidence and testimony to the body since her capture”, added Stirling.
Princess Latifa photo campaign continues in Iceland

Last edited:
LadyFinn;2419999 Maybe it is part of Latifa's deal that she can't take contact to Tiina?[/QUOTE said:
Sounds true. From the first CBS 60 minutes documentary where Her cousin Marcus first appeard I nerver got the picture that they where close the last decades thou. They played as kids in the 1990s…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom