Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasya View Post
Sheikha Latifa is in that photo?

Old 01-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
Sheikha Latifa is in that photo?
The woman is Sheikha bouchra Moroccan wife of former ruler of Dubai Sheikh Maktoum bin rashid AlMaktoum. Latifa said in her video she was murdered by her father Sheikh Mohammed.

Old 02-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Please note that several posts have been deleted for being speculative and/or off-topic.

REMEMBER, this thread is about sheikha Latifa's escape attempt only.

Any further speculative comments about Sheikha Shamsa, Princess Haya, the late Sheikh Rashid or any other royal family member will be deleted without notice.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Same old information nothing new but tiina said no plans even made for Sheikha Latifa II and her full sisters for marriage like their step sisters. This is might be the reason why Sheikha Maitha is still unmarried and Sheikh Majid chose his wife without family permission. Sheikh Mohammed clearly punishing Sheikha Latifa II and her siblings.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/i...onaire-father/
Old 02-26-2020, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter two days ago
"24 Feb 2018. We were all smiles and full of excitement and hope. Latifa’s freedom was just around the corner, we thought. Fast forward two years, and Latifa remains captured and imprisoned by her own family - and the fight continues"
https://twitter.com/TiinaJauhiainen/...06569794748417

The 24th of February 2020 marks the second anniversary of the attempt by Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum to flee the captivity of her father, the ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. It’s an anniversary we should celebrate because it denotes the moment a spirited young woman finally emerged from family incarceration an astonishing concept in the 21st century.
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 2nd ANNIVERSARY OF THE... - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International
Old 02-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Good News Radha Stirling says intelligence sources close to Dubai’s royal court confirm she is alive.

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/...mpression=true
Old 03-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter
4 Mar 2018. The UAE and Indian forces jointly stormed our boat. Latifa and the rest of us on board were kidnapped. 2 years on, Latifa remains a hostage and justice is yet to be served
https://twitter.com/TiinaJauhiainen/...84356626489344
Old 03-05-2020, 06:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasya View Post
Good News Radha Stirling says intelligence sources close to Dubai’s royal court confirm she is alive.

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/...mpression=true
I just read this article and it gave me an even more bigger reason to provide my insight.

Firstly, Sheikha Latifa’s complaints that forced her to run away stem from her own dissatisfaction with life. There does not seem to be any restriction in her going out or to malls as she planned her escape whilst in a mall that she got to freely. She was not stopped from going out or having fun as she clearly mentions that she joined skydiving. She was not stopped from socializing but only had a curfew which she had to keep and there is nothing wrong with that at all. She also mentions she lived with her own mother means she was not separated from her. If she bases freedom of choice on not being allowed to drive, or travel alone or leave Dubai, then she has brought this all on herself. There are people who don’t have the financial means to travel, should they also all run away and say they are not satisfied with their lives? I don’t see these circumstances as justification for someone saying they are “bored” with their lives and thus running away is the only option for them to survive life. Be careful in glamorizing what Sheikha Latifa has done without knowing the reasons behind it.

Having a curfew is well understandable especially in royal families trying to keep their children very safe. Not feeling satisfied with all the things she already had like a gym, a spa, and a swimming pool, as well as access to private vegan chefs and beauticians is what made her crave for the “missing” stuff. In general, not appreciating what one currently has will lead to unhappiness. I really don’t understand how her not being allowed to drive made her so dissatisfied with life when she had access to the drivers taking her places. Did she miss that point?

Her first escape attempt came at the age of 16, in UAE the legal age of driving was 18 so what was her excuse at that time?

In 2018, one month before her escape for the second time, Sheikha Latifa attended Sheikha Maryam I’s wedding. The picture she took does not seem unhappy at all and I doubt that smile was forced.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRESS RELEASE - FREE LATIFA CAMPAIGN WELCOMES FAMILY COURT JUDGMENTS ON HRH PRINCESS HAYA AND PRINCESS LATIFA
Commenting on the publication of the two-family court judgements in the case of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai, and his estranged wife HRH Princess Haya bint Hussein, David Haigh, human rights lawyer and co-founder of the Free Latifa campaign said:
“It is now clear to see why Sheikh Mohammed did not want these judgements to be made available to the world. They show him as someone unfit to be in charge of children, let alone a state that is an ally of the UK. Much as it is a tragedy for the two children, he has with Princess Haya, it must also be a massive relief for her family to know they can continue their childhood without the malign presence that their father clearly presented.
“Only three weeks ago Tiina and I were at the United Nations in Geneva with Latifa’s Legal team, assisting the Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances with their two year long investigation into the disappearance of Princess Latifa. It was clear then that the judgments in the case of Princess Haya would be key to the freedom of Latifa and we are pleased that the judgments can now be seen by the United Nations. We now call on the United Nations Working Group on Enforced an Involuntary disappearances to bring their investigations to a conclusion and call for the immediate release of Latifa.
“The eyes of the world are now on Dubai and the wider United Arab Emirates as we await freedom for Latifa”

Tiina Jauhiainen who accompanied Latifa on her attempted escape from Dubai from 24 February to 4 March 2018, added:
“I am obviously delighted with the publication of the judgements, but at the same time it is a very sad day for humanity. A father has been seen to mistreat and take advantage of his children and his wife. After everything that has happened with Sheikh Mohammed’s children and wives over the decades, we should not be surprised, but it’s still very sad when we have to take note of his depraved actions who has every reason to know better.
“The judgements throw additional light on the situation of Latifa. It gives us an idea what her father is capable of and adds further credence to the video she recorded in February 2018.”
PRESS RELEASE - FREE LATIFA CAMPAIGN WELCOMES FAMILY COURT... - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International

About what Tiina Jauhiainen said at the court at the case of sheikh Mohammed and princess Haya
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...ublication.pdf

The failed escape_ Sheikha Latifa's doomed flight from Dubai - Reuters
Old 03-06-2020, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the website of Amnesty International

UAE: UK High Court decision on Dubai ruler's detention of daughter a 'step towards justice'
Responding to the UK High Court finding that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Emir of Dubai, detained and ill-treated his daughter Sheikha Latifa, Lynn Maalouf, Amnesty International’s Middle East Research Director, said:
“This ruling is a long-overdue step towards justice for Sheikha Latifa, who has been held incommunicado for two years now. Dubai and the UAE must now allow her to speak and travel freely, including seeking asylum abroad, if she wishes to do so.
“Throughout the hearing, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid has insisted these are ‘private family matters’ - but state-sanctioned abduction and inhuman treatment is not a family affair. It is a serious human rights violation, and a matter of international concern."
UAE UK High Court decision on Dubai ruler’s detention of daughter a step towards justice _ Amnesty International
Old 03-07-2020, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen has been interviewed in TV news
on BBC
The best friend of Sheikha Latifa had said a court judgement which ruled that the princess was abducted by her father is "a step towards" her being free.
London's High Court found Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed abducted two of his daughters and threatened his wife.
Tiina Jauhiainen, who was part of Princess Latifa's failed attempted escape in 2018, said if she hadn't been able to leave and tell the story "Dubai would have managed to cover this all up".
Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed_ Ruling is 'step toward' freeing Sheikha Latifa - BBC News

CBC News
Old 03-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Nobility

UK police to review Dubai ruler abduction allegations

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...n-allegations/
Old 03-17-2020, 03:09 PM
Nobility

PRESS RELEASE - PRINCESS LATIFA’S EMINENT LEGAL TEAM MEET WITH UNITED NATIONS

PRESS RELEASE - PRINCESS LATIFA’S EMINENT LEGAL TEAM MEET WITH... - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International
Old 03-18-2020, 01:30 AM

I hope she will be fine.. , praying for her.. 😇😇😇🤗🤗🤗
Old 03-18-2020, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope both Shamsa and Latifa are alive and will be soon free.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I hope both Shamsa and Latifa are alive and will be soon free.
I know for a fact Shamsa is living with her mom and Maitha she has the freedom to peruse her hobbies and meet with friends. I don’t know about Latifa but I’m sure she is not locked up In a cell like what some ppl imagine, but probably being watched ( not a good thing)

Again the world has 7 billion ppl with many cultures and beliefs, just because we see something as wrong does not mean it is wrong somewhere else.
In Shamsa case in 2000 she was only 18 with no education according to her sister she was roaming the streets of London (no money, no job, no plan , no education) I don’t think she understood how dangerous that was!

she is a daughter of a wealthy well known man she would be an easy target for a lot of bad ppl.

Also if you heard Latifas story I think most of her problems are emotional and psychological starting from when she was 10 and found out her mother (Aunt) was not really her mother, from Shamsa !

What ever the case we will never know the whole story. But I don’t think the father meant to harm them at all. Or at least he didn’t think he was
Old 03-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry to disagree @lady blue
A. The issue is not what we found or not found bad, the issue is that the latter herself does not accept. Latifa wanted the freedom to decide for her life, she has not this choice.
Of course in this planet they are different opinions and uses. Nevertheless, to the civilized world, where UAE is considred to belong, kidnapping, keeping prisoner and beating is not accepted and is punished by law.

2. We do know the story, Latifa testified in the video and Tina J. kidnapped and badly treated also gave testimony. What do you think, all this story is a huge lie?
3. Shamsa is not free. Freedom is not just going to the mall with the driver and spend money. Freedom is to decide for her own life, and both sisters never had this right, despite that now they are both adults.
3. Shamsa was running in the streets of Cambridge. I don't think so. Of course she was young and without life experience because she has been grown up completely closed and isolated from the outside world. But she was 18, she wanted to see the world and study, nothing excessive. She is now at her 40s, still not free, why?
She was running in the streets, yes maybe in the beginning to feel freedom. But after the first hours I really don't believe that she was running around like a homeless. She was not used to an adventurous life. I strongly believe that she had some money to take an apartment or hotel room, and to go to a lawyer. If issue was only to protect a young people, you go near her, care for her, assure her protection, but you let her live the life she wants, with care but with respect.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She was running in the streets, yes maybe in the beginning to feel freedom. But after the first hours I really don't believe that she was running around like a homeless. She was not used to an adventurous life. I strongly believe that she had some money to take an apartment or hotel room, and to go to a lawyer. ....
With this point lady blue is right. At that time she was homeless and running around without money or place to live. She never went to a lawyer.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
With this point lady blue is right. At that time she was homeless and running around without money or place to live. She never went to a lawyer.
I'm sorry but a lawyer has gave a testimony that he received her visit, and she asked him to help her apply for asylum. Maybe it was not a lawyer but a volunteer for human rights.
And even if she was running outside, it is not a reason to kidnap her and keep her prisoner.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm sorry but a lawyer has gave a testimony that he received her visit, and she asked him to help her apply for asylum. Maybe it was not a lawyer but a volunteer for human rights.
And even if she was running outside, it is not a reason to kidnap her and keep her prisoner.
Exactly she even try to call UK police

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/08/sheikhs-daughter-called-uk-police-after-kidnap-lawyer-claims