Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum (''The Missing Princess'') 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Instagram friend is a skydiver friend of Latifa. Ex royal navy officer and athlete.

A third picture by another friend:

I'm glad she's alive but she doesn't appear to be interacting at all and has the same blank expression in all of the pictures.

So now she is at least going out of the house. Thank God she is alive.

I'm glad she's alive but she doesn't appear to be interacting at all and has the same blank expression in all of the pictures.

Yes. I see the same.

Do we know for sure that these photos have been taken recently?

The first foto shows an ad for a movie that premiered May 13 th 2021. Thats all. No geo data on inatagram pictures they are always cleaned when uploaded.

Interesting, for a woman who is prisoner now almost 3 years, now she suddenly is out and about. If pics are really recent, and not previous to her escape, it reminds me the photo-shooting to Pcs Haya home. It seems really an organized campaign, I'm afraid that she will disappear again.
She seems absent, but at least she is alive. And seems to have gain some weight which is a positive point.

Seemsnlike the pics were fake after all.

Two British women who published photographs of nights out with a missing Dubai princess were ordered to do so, a source close to her has claimed, raising fresh fears for the 35-year-old’s health.

Princess Latifa bint Mohammed al-Maktoum, daughter of Dubai’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed, claimed in videos leaked to the media in February that she was being held in solitary confinement against her will in a villa after a foiled attempt to escape the emirate.

I find the photos of a "free" Latifa more than a little disturbing. Latifa is a beautiful woman and earlier photos show her attention to discreet grooming while all photos either show her looking 'vacant' and dressed as I would for the garden and her personal attention to grooming is non-existent. Her hair is virtually the same unbecoming messy tie back or bun in every photo and I am not referring to the currently fashionable "messy bun". The lights are on but nobody is home.

That doesn't seem to be what the thread is saying. Just that she seems to be alive and has "increased freedom". Personally I'm not convinced that these "happy Spanish holiday" photos prove anything except that she's (thankfully) alive. They look as staged as the last ones.

Seems like the freelatifa.com campaign has ended:
https://freelatifa.com/home_latest_news/statement-on-spain-instagram-post/

London, 21 June 2021

Following our statement of 22 May 2021 and media requests today for a response to the publication of a photograph of Princess Latifa in Madrid airport, David Haigh, co-founder of the Free Latifa campaign and Detained International said: “We are no doubt joined by tens of thousands around the world that supported Latifa these last three years when we say we are pleased to see Latifa seemingly having a passport, travelling and enjoying an increasing degree of freedom, these are very positive steps forward. I can also confirm that several of the campaign team have been contacted directly by Latifa. We cannot comment further at this stage, save to say that our only goal is to secure the present day and future safety and wellbeing of Latifa and that we are currently, and have been since May, seeking guarantees in that regard. At present, the campaign has put on hold all campaigning activities and we would like to express our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all those around the world that supported the FreeLatifa campaign and Latifa.

-Ends-

Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter
"Pleased to see that Latifa appears to be free to fulfil her dreams of freedom to travel finally. I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a new chapter in her life"

Reuters could not independently verify whether Latifa has freedom of movement. The United Arab Emirates foreign ministry and the Dubai government's media office did not respond to a request for comment.
The picture was posted on the account of Sioned Taylor.
Taylor did not respond when contacted by Reuters via Instagram.
A source close to Latifa's lawyers said questions remained over Latifa's level of freedom and whether she would be forced to return to Dubai.
Dubai’s Latifa appears to have degree of freedom, says lawyer for campaign group _ Reuters

Last edited:
New statement from princess Latifa

From her Lawyer Radha Sterling:

Statement from Princess Latifa:

“I recently visited 3 European countries on holiday with my friend. I asked her to post a few photos online to prove to campaigners that I can travel where I want. I hope now that I can live my life in peace without further media scrutiny. And I thank everyone for their kind wishes".

From her Lawyer Radha Sterling:

Statement from Princess Latifa:

“I recently visited 3 European countries on holiday with my friend. I asked her to post a few photos online to prove to campaigners that I can travel where I want. I hope now that I can live my life in peace without further media scrutiny. And I thank everyone for their kind wishes".

This comment from the same post makes so much sense:

Oh, so;

"Sorry I involved countless people in a vindictive and childish ruse to get back at my father because I'm a spoiled brat... I want to move on now and to hell with everyone that I involved in my scheme who has suffered greatly as a result - at that time and since then - and had their lives impacted, ruined and slandered. I just want to move on and have nice holidays with my friends jet-setting around Europe and go for coffee and cake, now that daddy Mo' isn't mad at me anymore..."

Not that simple.

If her father doesnt forgive her Sister Shamsa after 20 yrs and she escaped without the media attention back in 1999, why would he forgive Latifa... Whom has a BBC documentary a book etc. About the escape.

This comment from the same post makes so much sense:

Oh, so;

"Sorry I involved countless people in a vindictive and childish ruse to get back at my father because I'm a spoiled brat... I want to move on now and to hell with everyone that I involved in my scheme who has suffered greatly as a result - at that time and since then - and had their lives impacted, ruined and slandered. I just want to move on and have nice holidays with my friends jet-setting around Europe and go for coffee and cake, now that daddy Mo' isn't mad at me anymore..."

Not that simple.
I think its quite likely that this is not the case and that she's been forced or pressured to put this out.

I think its quite likely that this is not the case and that she's been forced or pressured to put this out.

By the Al Maktoum Family lawyer it seems. Not her lawyer... She should do a new Youtube and thank all her supporters and tell this to the camera.

I think after years of speculation and assumptions that she has been killed with no evidence, the result being slander against her father without any proof. Which is totally wrong in the first place and can’t just be swept aside.

Spot on! Let her travel free and talk to the UN and thoose who has worked for her case in a secure location without chaperons.

I guess her being alive and able to travel should be more than enough for the public who wanted to see that she is alive and well.

As for talking to the UN and giving an interview, it is not the most important thing in her life nor is it a pre-requisite for anybody to confirm she is well. Those pictures of her out and about should be more than enough. That tweet incites the public to hunt for more when it’s clearly not a show stopper.

I guess her being alive and able to travel should be more than enough for the public who wanted to see that she is alive and well.

As for talking to the UN and giving an interview, it is not the most important thing in her life nor is it a pre-requisite for anybody to confirm she is well. Those pictures of her out and about should be more than enough. That tweet incites the public to hunt for more when it’s clearly not a show stopper.

But if the statement is from the Al-Maktoum lawyer and not her lawyer or her personally then what is it worth. It´s like in the first place when they called her escape a kidnapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom