The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Leading Queens Counsel Alun Jones QC calls on UK Government to respect rule of law in relations to kidnapping of Princess Latifa, while Rodney Dixon QC, who is also representing British PHD Student Matthew Hedges accused of spying in the UAE, confirms he will explore all legal options and call on the UAE for a judgement against the UAE and to release Princess Latifa.

TWO London-based eminent and high-powered QC’s have joined the growing global campaign to fight for the release of imprisoned Princess Latifa Al Maktoum.
Leading human rights lawyer Alun Jones QC, the founder of Great James Street chambers, is an expert in international crime as well as extradition and Rodney Dixon QC of Temple Garden Chambers, who is renowned for his work in human rights and international law.
They will work closely with David Haigh and Tiina Jauhiainen as part of the Free Latifa campaign. Princess Latifa has been held in Dubai on the orders of her father, the ruler of Dubai and Prime Minister of the UAE, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum since she was forcibly kidnapped on 4th March 2018.
TWO EMINENT QC’S JOIN GROWING CAMPAIGN TO FREE PRINCESS LATIFA... - Detained International

At Daily Mail's article about Marcus Essabri at 60 minutes Australia was this nice photo of Latifa with Tiina Jauhiainen
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07...3554189184.jpg

Old 07-29-2019, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

posts about speculations and claim of crime has been deleted,plz note our policy in forum is against gossips,speculations,rumours.....
Whoever believe a crime took place is welcomed to provide proves otherwise avoid unbased claims plz.
Mademoiselle Lilo
UAE forum moderator

Old 07-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Commoner

What about some real news?
Old 08-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Radha Stirling, CEO of Detained in Dubai:
"In December last year, in response to the release of BBC documentary ‘Escape from Dubai’, Princess Haya took the initiative to contact her friend and former Irish president Mary Robinson to help alleviate public concern over Latifa’s safety. In what appeared to be a stage PR stunt aimed at circumventing United Nations protocol, she attracted criticism from Detained in Dubai and Human Rights Watch leading to Princess Haya’s lengthy interview with RTE’s Marian Finucane. Princess Haya explained that Latifa’s situation was a “private family matter” and that if she had any concern whatsoever for Latifa’s safety, she “would not stand for it”.
"With leaked information emerging that she since discovered disturbing facts over Latifa’s treatment, English court proceedings have reignited the need for cooperation with the United Nations. In the adversarial system of law, and where the custody of children is involved, family court battles are notoriously brutal which is not necessarily in the best interests of the children. The initial hearings have given Sheikh Mohammed a preview of just how harsh the process is likely to be. With Princess Haya’s legal team already having applied for a non molestation order and a forced marriage protection order, Sheikh Mohammed would be well-advised by his own legal team to finally cooperate, sooner rather than later, with the United Nations investigation into Princess Latifa’s safety”.
Stirling, on behalf of Princess Latifa, appointed acclaimed Queen’s Counsel John Cooper to reinvigorate inquiries into Latifa’s wellbeing. Cooper commented on the situation “It is in the interests of Sheikh Mohammed to cooperate with the United Nations who seek only to confirm that Princess Latifa’s human rights are being preserved. Cooperation would alleviate the growing public concern and better support his custody disputes in England.”
Stirling added “While the ruling family may find submitting to an inquiry invasive, Latifa herself rendered the matter of public interest, and thus it needs a publicly scrutinised resolution.
“The growing public concern regarding the treatment of women in the royal family can not be taken lightly and can not be dismissed without consequence. A custody battle in the English courts is highly unlikely to be successful while there are unaddressed allegations against Sheikh Mohammed by his own daughter, amplified by Princess Haya’s submissions”.
Princess Latifa Safety Central to Princess Haya’s Custody Case says QC - Detained In Dubai
Old 08-11-2019, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

At the video also about Latifa's life and escape, Tiina Jauhiainen is interviewed, it starts from 14.20.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

July also saw David Haigh and Tiina Jauhiainen visit Geneva, where they held meetings with Latifa’s new Swiss and immigration legal team. They also received from the United Nations the UAE’s response to the complaint filed by David Haigh and Toby Cadman with the UN Working Group on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances in 2018.

Tiina Jauhiainen, Latifa’s closest friend, said ‘Whilst I never expected we would pass a 17-month anniversary of the kidnap of Latifa, and of course the attack on myself and the crew, I have never been more encouraged by the recent progress made towards seeing my friend Latifa free. Latifa is truly blessed to have more and more supporters helping us, a top-ranking, talented and growing international legal team, and to see her bravery inspiring women around the world. In particular I want to thanks Marcus Essabri and his family, it really has been a godsend to have his support and advice.’
Tiina added ‘I also want to thank the world’s media, our amazing team of lawyers, and of course Latifa’s amazing supporters across the world. I want to also say a special thank you to David Haigh. If it were not for David’s non-stop and unconditional support for Latifa and myself, often in the face of horrific abuse, I firmly believe we could all have been killed.’

Rodney Dixon QC said: "It is most concerning that Princess Latifa has still not been released and allowed to leave the UAE. Her fundamental human rights are being unjustifiably restricted and abused. The international community can no longer stand by.
"David and Tiina have worked tirelessly for more than a year to protect her, and have themselves been needlessly attacked and smeared for doing so. We will pursue all legal avenues on behalf of Princess Latifa to resolve this situation.
“We are petitioning the UN Working Groups on Enforced and Involuntary Disappearances and on Arbitrary Detention and other bodies to get access to her without delay and to ensure that she is released unharmed."
17 Months - A critical month as Princess Latifa’s eminent legal... - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International
Old 08-29-2019, 04:17 PM
Courtier

I hope the Sheikha will be free very soon.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The issue is now that even if they wanted to free her, they cannot do it discreetly. Because, if she is free she will talk. Problem for the Dubai ruler. And it opens wide to door for Shamsa aso.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The issue is now that even if they wanted to free her, they cannot do it discreetly. Because, if she is free she will talk. Problem for the Dubai ruler. And it opens wide to door for Shamsa aso.
You are right.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I understand, but they had plenty of time to free Latifa and Shamsa discreetly, to work out a quiet and mutually satisfactory exit strategy if they wanted to, but they didn't. A long time has passed. The elder of the two sisters, Shamsa, has spent about 19 years in captivity... and committed no crime
Old 09-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Majesty

Since Shamsa was grabbed off the streets of Cambridge she has been closely guarded. Latifa also was closely guarded after her initial attempt to leave. One can only imagine the "bad place" Latifa is now in and knowing how her sister is "cared for", she is probably right.

I do not know about you but based on Shamsa's situation, she is definitely imprisoned and in the photos with Mary Robinson, she didn't look like she could focus, sort of wide-eyed and expressionless which IMO means she is drugged, or to put it more palliatively, medicated. Princess Haya assured the world she was happy and safe saying if they weren't she'd be off. Haya is now in London!
Old 09-02-2019, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Since the Dubai RF - SM decided almost 20 years ago to kidnap his daughter, I'm persuaded that her destiny was decided for ever. She would never be free again, the best scenario which would happen to her was to get an arranged marriage and to stay forever inside a palace. Apparently she was not obeying enough to have the light scenario of getting married. And she is for ever imprisoned and drugged.
Similar scenario seems to happen to Latifa, but there is a non planned detail, the publication of the kidnapping in the Indian waters and the continuous media publishing made by her friend Tina. All these, combined with princess Haya escape, have created a very bad publicity against SM and his actions, and it sounds difficult to solve. There is a dead-end for him. If he frees the girls, his actions will be public, if he doesn't, media harassment will continue.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Since the Dubai RF - SM decided almost 20 years ago to kidnap his daughter, I'm persuaded that her destiny was decided for ever. She would never be free again, the best scenario which would happen to her was to get an arranged marriage and to stay forever inside a palace. Apparently she was not obeying enough to have the light scenario of getting married. And she is for ever imprisoned and drugged.
Similar scenario seems to happen to Latifa, but there is a non planned detail, the publication of the kidnapping in the Indian waters and the continuous media publishing made by her friend Tina. All these, combined with princess Haya escape, have created a very bad publicity against SM and his actions, and it sounds difficult to solve. There is a dead-end for him. If he frees the girls, his actions will be public, if he doesn't, media harassment will continue.
I agree. And in my world that options seems easy if he wants to stay in power? Just keeping the apparatus of fake news and trolls about Latifa being dead or trying to foul people that Latifa I is the imprisoned Latifa (II) must cost him alot. Whats the worst that could happen to Makhtoum if he frees his daughters? They speak out freely? That´s just probably cofirming what we already know - they we´re jailed, drugged and tortyred.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw yesterday a video in YouTube saying that Latifa died last March 2019 and is buried in a secret place. Might be fake news, If true is so sad. I'll try to post the video
Old 09-15-2019, 04:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I saw yesterday a video in YouTube saying that Latifa died last March 2019 and is buried in a secret place. Might be fake news, If true is so sad. I'll try to post the video
The site called weeklyblizz reported also about that MBS is not the father of Hayas children, that Haya had sex before marrying MBS, that MBS walked in on Haya and the bodyguard etc. Fake News payed by UAE.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanDi View Post
The site called weeklyblizz reported also about that MBS is not the father of Hayas children, that Haya had sex before marrying MBS, that MBS walked in on Haya and the bodyguard etc. Fake News payed by UAE.
Agree about the previous.
But UAE would not pay fake new that Sheikha Latifa died while being badly beaten..
Old 09-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Agree about the previous.
But UAE would not pay fake new that Sheikha Latifa died while being badly beaten..
Could not it be a "she is dead theres no hope. She wont be released move alongt" tactic from UAE? Or just a way for weeklyblizz to get clicks with a "breaking story".
Old 09-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Alun Jones QC and Rodney Dixon QC, representing Princess Latifa, have made a special appeal to the UN to take urgent action to protect her and get her released without delay. These initiatives come at a critical time when Latifa's stepmother Princess Haya has left her Prime Minister husband, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and fled Dubai for London with her two children. Princess Haya is presently bringing proceedings in the High Court in London against her husband to retain custody over her children.
The government of the UAE has submitted a statement to the UN denying that Princess Latifa has been detained. The UAE's response claimed that Latifa is alive, safe and with her family in Dubai.
Princess Latifa's lawyers have highlighted to the UN that the UAE's response is unfounded. Princess Latifa’s London-based QC Rodney Dixon said: “In light of the available evidence, the claims of the UAE authorities are completely unsubstantiated. If they were true, why has Princess Latifa not been allowed freely to leave the UAE and travel? Why is no one permitted to have access to her at her request? She has not been seen in public for over 18 months.
“We are therefore deeply concerned about her safety and well-being. Our concerns have only escalated following the decision by Princess Haya to flee Dubai with her two children because she fears for her life. We understand that Princess Haya’s decision was strongly influenced by what she had learned to be the truth about her step-daughter’s treatment.”
Tiina Jauhiainen, the Finish best friend of Princess Latifa, who was kidnapped alongside Latifa, 18 months ago said “We really believe and hope this could be a vital step to finally winning the freedom of Latifa. The world will be watching closely.”
TOP HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYERS GIVE EVIDENCE TO UN TO FREE PRINCESS LATIFA - Campaign to free Princess Latifa #FreeLatifa & Detained International
Old 10-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen has been interviewed by BBC's Victoria Derbyshire
Dubai princess 'preferred to be shot than go home' - BBC News
Princess Latifa asked guards to shoot her rather than return her to Dubai during her doomed attempt to flee the royal family, according to the friend who fled with her
Old 10-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

What an awful story. I strongly wish this poor girl and her sister are still alive and they will see freedom soon, thing I really doubt.
One point I never understood. Who released the famous Latifa video.