The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Herves book

Herves book really doesn't leave you untouched. They seemd so close to make it. I also really Wonder what her father said when he heard the Herve - the one that escaped from Dubai was her outside contact.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen at her Twitter with a photo of Latifa
How you treat those weaker than you shows alot about who you are Latifa has been held hostage for 15 months! Please help raise awareness of her plight
https://twitter.com/TiinaJauhiainen/...62801048379392

Old 06-08-2019, 05:31 AM
Aristocracy

Wedding of Hamdan

I browsed the internet in search of pictures from her half brother, the crown princes wedding to see if she was in any of the pictures. I thought that it would be a good way to "by the way" show the world that she was fine 6 moths after the Mrs. Robinson debacel. From Hervés book I got the feeling that these sort of family events where the only time when she saw her father?

Of course there are no pictures of the brides or the women at the wedding from what I can find

Are weddings in the UAE a family matter? A Royal wedding with the crown prince in Europe would have atleast a few royal families invited.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanDi View Post
I browsed the internet in search of pictures from her half brother, the crown princes wedding to see if she was in any of the pictures. I thought that it would be a good way to "by the way" show the world that she was fine 6 moths...

Of course there are no pictures of the brides or the women at the wedding from what I can find

Are weddings in the UAE a family matter? A Royal wedding with the crown prince in Europe would have atleast a few royal families invited.
Only the MEN' s wedding reception was held. The women will celebrate the marriage(s) on June 14. But also you will not being able to find a picture of the women reception puplicly shown. In UAE weddings are different from what you know in western countries.

More informations about the wedding you will get here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2228672

And here with more informations about UAE weddings in general too: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-46406-3.html
Old 06-18-2019, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhainen has given an interview to Amnesty Finland, it was published yesterday.
Tiina from Iisalmi and princess Latifa of Dubai, who knew too much
Iisalmelainen Tiina ja Dubain prinsessa Latifa, joka tiesi liikaa - Amnesty
Translation
Old 06-29-2019, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Herve Jaubert on Youtube
This is the yacht the UAE and India attacked on March 4, 2018 to abduct Princess Latifa and all onboard. Latifa disappeared and the boat is a wreck.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pleas for estranged wife of Dubai ruler to help free ‘imprisoned’ daughter
Tiina Jauhiainen, who helped Princess Latifa escape, said: ‘This is a very significant in terms of a major protest against the oppressive regime of the Crown Prince by his own wife.
‘We would urge Princess Haya to use her global power and influence to help free Latifa, who is and suffering because of her own father’s treatment of her.
‘She may be a princess, but this is about freedom and equality. Equality, dignity and the right of self-determination for millions of women across the Middle East is at stake.’
Pleas for estranged wife of Dubai ruler to help free 'imprisoned' daughter _ Metro News
Old 06-30-2019, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Tiina Jauhiainen, who helped Princess Latifa escape, said: ‘This is a very significant in terms of a major protest against the oppressive regime of the Crown Prince by his own wife.
‘We would urge Princess Haya to use her global power and influence to help free Latifa, who is and suffering because of her own father’s treatment of her.
‘She may be a princess, but this is about freedom and equality. Equality, dignity and the right of self-determination for millions of women across the Middle East is at stake.’
Pleas for estranged wife of Dubai ruler to help free 'imprisoned' daughter _ Metro News
The Italian tv news have just announced that princess Haya escaped Dubai with her kids. She is reportedly in a EU country, probably Germany and seeking asylum. They added that Germany refused Dubai's request to return her back.
Here a link to Italian press agency AGI: https://www.agi.it/estero/principess...ws/2019-06-29/
Old 06-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I don't think Haya is in any position to help anyone right now. My guess would be that all her energy is being directed at trying to ensure her own and her children's safety and freedom.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

So Mary Robinsons university get a big donation from Al Maktoum the same days as the news about princess Hayas escape from UAE?

Trinity Launches Middle Eastern Centre Funded by Al Maktoum Foundation – The University Times
Old 07-13-2019, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen was interviewed (in english) by Radio Infinita in Chile on 9th July.
[Exclusivo] Tiina Jauhiainen relata operativo de rescate de la hija del jeque de Dubai Sheikha Latifa _ Infinita.cl

Tiina says at the interview that Latifa was brought up in the Palace with different people and got to know who her actual mother was when she was 10 or 12. Tiina tells also that when Latifa was in prison when she was a teenager, none of her family members came to see her in the prison, so she is not close to her family. And that Latifa describes her father only as a public figure, she has met him only a couple of times, but she knows that some of the Sheikh's sons are working closely with him and are dealing with him on daily basis, so it depends on the child.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:53 AM
Majesty

As I mentioned on another thread, AN seems to divorce and keep the children, although Shamsa and Latifa are both grown women. He has kept some of his children isolated, imprisoned, beaten and drugged for decades.

It is almost impossible to believe that such treatment can be taking place in 2018/2019. But, it is an it has and I very much doubt there is any way to help his children. He can orchestrate a kidnapping off a Cambridge Street and commit piracy in foreign waters. Nothing can touch him.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:33 AM
Aristocracy

Arabtimes that broke the new about Hayas escape now claims Latifa and Hamsa is with her. Look at 23:00

https://youtu.be/ZTnvxUHfH3k
Old 07-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Arabtimes that broke the new about Hayas escape now claims Latifa and Hamsa is with her. Look at 23:00

https://youtu.be/ZTnvxUHfH3k
Seems like a very interesting video, but it is difficult to follow from the automatic translation, sometimes it says crazy things. Understood that further to meeting of Sheikha Latifa with Mrs Robisnon, Sheikha managed to talk 3 minutes with princess Haya and tell her what she was suffering. Also that the two Sheikhas managed to escape and now they are in Germany, point which sounds absolutely incredible to me.
Could an Arabic speaker post a correct translation please?
Old 07-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The video insist both Sheikha Shamsa and Sheikha Latifa escaoed with Haya to Germany and they are there and Haya will uses them as her winner card in custody battle....

Not sure whos source of this info that Mr Fawsi claim to have inside Dubai but in general Mr Fawzi and his papper Arabtimes are not very relieble and can't be taken seriously he is funny to watch if you have some free time but as i said he is not to be taken seriously i am afraid.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
The video insist both Sheikha Shamsa and Sheikha Latifa escaoed with Haya to Germany and they are there and Haya will uses them as her winner card in custody battle....

Not sure whos source of this info that Mr Fawsi claim to have inside Dubai but in general Mr Fawzi and his papper Arabtimes are not very relieble and can't be taken seriously he is funny to watch if you have some free time but as i said he is not to be taken seriously i am afraid.
He was the first to break the news about Hayas escape to Germany thou.

If you summerize the rumors online one picture that paints up is that Haya escaped with the help from UK royals, her brother the King of Jordan, the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi and some sort of special force. As a result from hearing what happened to Latifa and Shamsa. And Abu Dhabi helped because they're tired of Dubai's bad PR to the UAE. Chilly...
Old 07-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
He was the first to break the news about Haya escape to Germany thou.
He was the fisrt to talk about rumours of Haya escape not the one who broke the news at this point there was no news only remours that most of very respected pappers wont publish and put their crediblity in question..i personnaly heard the rumours before Mr Fawzi broke it,

Now the escape of Latifa with Haya are not rumours but the man said exclusive news from his special source ...time will tell if it's true but from my experience with reading Arabtimes don't put your hopes high
Old 07-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

If the situation described by Sheikha Latifa about her and her sister's captivity conditions are true, I strongly doubt that they managed to escape, which I strongly wish. It means that they managed to "buy" all the staff v guarding them, but also to have cars and planes to leave the country...
Old 07-14-2019, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been catching up on Sheikha Latifa's escape/capture and Princess Haya's situation. Thank you to everyone's posts as I don't follow UAE or Jordan's royalty.

I also doubt Sheikha Latifa and Sheikha Shamsa escaped with Princess Haya. The sisters are probably under heavy surveillance and separated. Princess Haya's priority was getting herself and her children out. Traveling with or arranging a separate escape for Latifa and Shamsa is too risky.

From Latifa's video, Shamsa has full-time nurses and frequent visits from a psychiatrist. Plus, all the palace staff and security to bypass. Latifa's probably also under "medical" care, if not in prison.

Besides the other rumors, I wonder if Princess Haya was blamed for the Mary Robinson debacle. As Sheikh Mohammed's public wife and with a more "Western" persona, maybe he or his advisors thought she could smooth things over and since that backfired, someone (Haya) has to take the blame. I don't think he'd ever blame himself.

Timestamps and summaries for Sheikha Latifa's video for anyone who doesn't have time to watch the full video. I watched it twice. Very disturbing.

0:00
Introduction, mother is Houria bint Ahmed Al M'aash from Algeria, clarifies there are 3 Latifas, she's the middle Latifa, has 30 siblings, etc.

1:55
Sister Shamsa's escape in 2000, Shamsa's communication with Latifa and friend Layla. Layla's phone was bugged but it seems Shamsa eventually became lonely and called anyway.

4:05
Shamsa's capture, drugged and returned to Dubai, imprisonment in a building called the "tent" at Zabeel Palace, stepmom Sheikha Hind's property

5:00
Latifa and her adoptive sister Muna (?) could send Shamsa items like clothing. They snuck in a telephone and Shamsa contacted a UK journalist. Guardian article was published in 2001. Muna was interrogated and tortured. Sheikha Maitha questioned Latifa about Shamsa, acting as interrogator.

6:20
Latifa sends a note to adoptive sister Fatima about Muna being taken. Fatima's locked in a cabin on Houria's property because she's naughty/rebellious. Fatima went crazy at the news, tried to escape and became violent. She was subdued and also questioned about Shamsa.

8:08
Latifa describes her 1st escape attempt at 16 in 2002. Was naive and easily caught at border of Oman, describes restricted life.

10:08 Return to Dubai, prison, beatings

12:40
After Latifa's uncle died, her father killed one of his wives (a Moroccan woman because she was too mouthy)

13:10
Latifa was imprisoned for 3 years and 4 months (June 2002 - October 2005) with a week at her mom's house in 2003

13:25
Begins talking about week at home in 2003. Mom Houria wasn't sympathetic. Talks about imprisonment: solitary confinement, noise torture, beatings, couldn’t walk, dirty conditions

15:30
Back to week at home in 2003. Shock and surreal experience and PTSD. Mom said "You think your prison experience was bad? There are others that are so much worse." No compassion from sister Maitha. Latifa believes mom and sister could have helped or visited her if they wanted to but they didn't.

18:40
Only stayed at home for a week because she had a breakdown, screaming to see Shamsa. Subdued, tranquilized and sent to hospital for a week.

20:50 Return to prison

21:23 Post-prison. Didn't trust anyone, spent time with animals. Took years to recover.

22:40
Events in summer 2017 triggered another escape decision. Latifa lost a friend and realized she couldn't wait anymore for Shamsa "to get better" or help Shamsa by staying in Dubai.

24:30 Describes education and activities. Has copies of passport and documents, not real items. More about restrictions, curfew, father's informants.

28:20
Describes childhood. When Latifa was 6 months old, a paternal aunt wanted Latifia so she was given to the aunt. For 10 years, Latifa believed her aunt was her mother and visited her real mother maybe once a year. Later, her brother Majid was given to the same aunt at 3 months old although that was more "voluntary"

29:30
Predicting Shamsa could be used to discredit Latifa. Talks about Shamsa's controlled life and how it became worse after she was discovered with mobile phones in summer 2017. Mother Houria and sister Maitha worried Shamsa may have contacted journalists again. Shamsa has more time with a psychiatrist and full-time nurses now, monitoring every move.

32:20
Father has a son in Lebanon he rarely sees. Decries fake "family man" image and cruelty/crimes
Old 07-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiina Jauhiainen's interview in Marie Claire Australia August 2019
"I Won't Rest Until She's Free"
https://www.magzter.com/articles/143.../5d1e00b5df001