Sheikh Muhammad's marriage to Princess Haya & her role in Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akilah

Aristocracy
I am sorry to say this, but Princess Haya and her husband are not very impressive as a couple. When I look at them in pictures I say to myself, "This could be you and your father." It appears to me in every picture, when CP Mohammed looks at her, his expression is that of nurturing affection between father and daughter. I know that there has already been comparsion of their relationship to that of father and daugher, but I have chosen to put any statements aside, and the question of age, and look at the couple in the photographs posted in this thread and others on the internet, and I have came up with my own conclusion. I am aware that I will never know (as in the case of many of you) the really ends and outs of their relationship, but I must question the nature of their relationship: What does a 55 year old man (aside from is faith/religion allowing him to have up to four wives) want with a woman (aside from the fact she is Oxford educated with three degrees under her belt with two honorary Masters from Oxford (note: I may be wrong on the two honorary Master degrees) who is shy of some three years of being the age of his oldest daughter. I know that the Arab world is different from that of the Western world in many ways. I can also accept the fact that love (if it relly exists) can transcend age/time and many other factors. Yet, there is something I find strange about those how approve or accept the relationship between the two constenting adults (maybe that is the answer for accepting her relationship, but is it a good enough answer...no...maybe...yes...alright... Is it my place to question?)--the idea that the love of horses is a common thread that may have brought them together and may continue to bond them. But is horses enough, I think not. Yet, Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in the matter (because why would I be typing this and you reading this but anyway). Although many of you may disagre with what I am about to say I will any way. I believe this marriage is of very little substance and that is O.K. beacuse Princess Haya made the chose to marry this man. However, she is not alone in making this decision beacause it takes two to sign a Nikah. I feel dishearten to know that a man of his age would have entertained such a notion to marry a women who could be mistaken for his daughter, and parading all over Europe, UAE, and the Middle East with her on his arm. Now wait. I know many of you will say you know very littlele about the Arab world because if you did you would know this or you would know that, but you see even I a woman of the western world knows that even in America or Western Europe if a man could get away with having two wives with one of them young enough to be her daughter he would in a heartbeat (the point if he he could get away with it). Yet, it is troubling to know a young women like P. Haya who has been educated, lived, and dated in the western world who expected being the other women as she has now become. You see while in Europe P. Haya would have never associated herself with a married man. Yet, I find it surprising that she would tramps around Ireland and Western Europe with CP Mohammed before it was announced they were married (if it were true they were married a year before sign the Nikah in Amman) ,so openly, as the other women. I think that is when I lost respect for a women I find to be articulate, intelligent, sound, beautiful, and phenomenal. Yet, in the end, I wish her luck in her new endeavor as wife to the Crown Prince of Dubaii. I only hope it is all she expects it to be and much more.

$$$$ Plus the age diff is almost as much as between Noor and Hussein. There are many men with women that young---Michael Douglas, Catherin Z-T; Harrison Ford and Calista Lockhart; and look at the reverse--Demi and Ashton!

First, Demi and Ashton are not married nor is Ford or Lockhart (whose to say they ever will). Second, King Hussein was not already married when he married noor? (Ahhhhh). Lastly, Catherine Zeta Jones was marrying up. She appeared to have more of an agenda, and believe me Catherine would never play second fiddle to any woman (meaning share her man as Princess Haya has to do with Shiehka Hind). These relationships do not even compare to that of Princess Haya and the CP of Dubai. Lets get real. :innocent:

Well look at Celine Dion, she married a man who is decades older than her, who was already married when he met her. Sure people have made fun of him being like her father but no one can deny she adores him.
But lets just forget the celebrity examples. There are so many ordinary couples out here in the West who have enormous age differences, just like there are countless women out there who dont care whether the man they're pursuing is married or not. The most important thing is that Haya is a mature and grown woman. Just because she makes a questionable match in a few peoples' eyes doesn't mean she isn't the intelligent, independent woman she has always been. And there's no use in attributing her marriage to age old stereotypes about arabic culture. I dont think we have the right to judge her so harshly when what she has done is neither out of the ordinary nor immoral. She has a right just like any of us to make her own choices.

I wish there was some magic button on LTR that says 'let's revisit this in 5/10 years'.

I can only speak from my own experience but my husband (as many of you know) is 20 years older than me. He regularly talks about when I'm 40 he'll be 60. I will be hitting my stride and he will be losing his. The difficulty on age gap relationships is that the younger person 'grows up' and begins to resent the influence of the older partner and yearns to be free-much the same way as a parent/child relationship. The child initially needs the parent so much and then matures to take care of themself and eventually takes care of the parents.

Of course, which one of us would not want to be courted by a billionaire with his own 747.

Humera-bring up Celine Dion again and I'm going to email my barf.

Originally posted by silver charm@May 20th, 2004 - 5:30 pm
Humera-bring up Celine Dion again and I'm going to email my barf.
:wacko: I dont know what you mean by that but it is the first and only time i've mentioned Celine Dion and thats because i think that the age difference between her and Rene hasn't affected their love for each other.

i have one think to say if she love s.m good for her :heart: :flower: ,but if shes not and KA arranged this god help her :cry: :cry: ..............

How long do you think they will be married?

La La well I think they will stay married for some time but I think they will eventually lead very seperate lives. Kinda like what happened with Charles and Diana before they devorced but I think Haya will not be as public. Yeah don't you find it odd that she isn't as you said "playing into the camera" I got kicked off Yahoo last night also. I didn't get to finish what I had been saying about seeing her in the mall in person. Since were gossiping women and as sad as it is we find any flaw in a womens body like a blood hound I will say this she has a very curvy normal top half and a really wide bottom she was in fitted pants when I saw her.

Can someone tell me when PHaya and CP Mohammed will be celebrating their nupticals or have they never set a date? Because isn't Prince Ali's marriage celebration September 7th? Would it be proper for Ali to have his wedding before his sister or does it not matter?

Thanks in Advance

Anyone who doesn't think Haya is lovely needs to visit the other Haya thread in LTR. THAT is the Haya I think of--a lovely figure, gorgeous face, simple but pretty clothes........I don't like the "new" Haya with a yannis covering her hair and those horrid clothes which were probably selected by one of the other wives (anyone understand the term "passive aggressive?"). She needs to return to being herself. I cannot imagine her parents approving of this marriage or this conversion to a more conservative look......I hope I won't be seeing her in a burka. And I am not attacking a culture that accepts these things.....I just don't think they are her. She was a "daddy's girl" and they had a very close relationship; maybe she's in a state of shock from his death and went to the first thing that offered security and maturity. Just a thought.

Exactly my point. She has really changed. Initially I believe she thought she had struck gold and that she would go sailing with Aladdin on his magic carpet and hence the clinging etc. Maybe she was told off...if not by SM then by his entourage. Her eyes are really sad. She's probably thinking "I should have gone for the guy from the non-aristocratic family instead".

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not wait to see Mrs. Haya`s kids! Hope she is happy with her marriage...

Yeah, I wonder when she will have her first child. I can debt you that she will drop out of sight when she does become pregnant. But my biggest question is: will her child or childern end up on the website with all the other childern of CP Mo's? She might not allow that. And like all of CP Mo's other children will her children not be allowed out of the counrty to attend college or university. I am sre her life is now full of unexpected twists and turns. :blink:

Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:18 am
And like all of CP Mo's other children will her children not be allowed out of the counrty to attend college or university.
why is that? how come they never attended college outside of UAE

I would guess that since Haya herself is Oxford educated and that her children will be pretty obsolete in the lineage that they will be collage educated and more than likely abroad.

I would assume that she is still Princess Haya because I don't belive you get the title of Sheikha unless you are born into it. You don't get in VIA marrige. In the case of Hind she was a Sheikha before she was married. Obviously Sheikhs normally marry Shekhas so it's not an issue.

Originally posted by Noura@Jun 16th, 2004 - 4:00 pm
I would guess that since Haya herself is Oxford educated and that her children will be pretty obsolete in the lineage that they will be collage educated and more than likely abroad.

I would assume that she is still Princess Haya because I don't belive you get the title of Sheikha unless you are born into it. You don't get in VIA marrige. In the case of Hind she was a Sheikha before she was married. Obviously Sheikhs normally marry Shekhas so it's not an issue.
Believe me when I say that Princess Haya will do as she is told, especially no that she is married to CP Mo. So if the man does not want his children educated aboard what can Princess Haya do about? She is part of the harem now.

Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 17th, 2004 - 9:54 pm

Believe me when I say that Princess Haya will do as she is told, especially no that she is married to CP Mo. So if the man does not want his children educated aboard what can Princess Haya do about? She is part of the harem now.
What if she just takes them out of the country? Or just stays in London on one of their many trips there?

What if she just takes them out of the country? Or just stays in London on one of their many trips there?

That is what Osama bin Laden's ex-sister in law did. she couldn't stay in her marriage any longer so when she went on vacation to her native Switzerland (i think) she did not return. She still has the last name bin Laden because the divorce was never finalized

*forget to say that she took her daughters with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Mo was so reluctant, he shouldn't have married her. A marriage can't exist without two consenting persons. Personally, I find her to be a beautiful woman. She has flaws just like the rest of us because nobody is perfect, and if somebody can find me a perfect person, and show them to me, then I will gladly eat my words. The only difference is that hers are on public display because she's royalty. The media is intrigued by royalty, or anybody whose rich, famous, or rich and famous. I'm sure there were probably other beautiful women that Mo could have chosen, or still can choose, but at the moment, he chose Haya. Just because the woman gained some weight doesn't make her any less of a woman, or an attractive one for that matter, but I guess that is a matter of oppinion.

For Silvercharm

You have lived in Dubai, how do they perceive Jordanians and Lebanese women that marry into Emirati families? I admit to not knowing much about Dubai society. You also mentioned previously that Abu Dhabi is run much differently than Dubai. Could you please explain? Thank you. :flower:

Originally posted by paloma@Jun 20th, 2004 - 1:12 pm
For Silvercharm

You have lived in Dubai, how do they perceive Jordanians and Lebanese women that marry into Emirati families? I admit to not knowing much about Dubai society. You also mentioned previously that Abu Dhabi is run much differently than Dubai. Could you please explain? Thank you.  :flower:
for the most part the marriages are not highly regarded. the women are generally considered as social climbers and status seekers. there is usually a great age & social status difference between the man and woman. and the man is usually older and better positioned socially/financially/etc.

does any of this sound familiar?

i do not mean to offend but you can go there and do your own social survey, if you wish.

regarding abu dhabi: AD is considered much more conservative. no booze (i think there is no booze in AD), prostitution, illegals begging for work........it is much more tightly controlled.

May I ask, "what can be said that has not already been said or speculated about?" I mean can so one tell us wereshe lives now that she is the wife of a Crown Prince is she in Dubai or Europe somewhere? When is the marriage cerebration? Does anyone thing she will interact with CPMo's children? Do you think they have met (the chlidren and Haya)? Maybe we can discuss these topics. :)

I don't know about the celebration. I'm sure she's met his family by now. I found it rather odd that they were married in Jordan rather than in the UAE. I wonder if his family was there for the wedding.

On the magikal rania msg board-there was a post that the celebration will be in Oct. Also part of there marriage announcement stated that she organized some kind of horsie thing with his sons. That would give me the impression that she has met them. Again in another interview she gave, she stated that she is living in his house. That would like wise give me the impression she will be keeping house in DXB with her summers in England, like her husband.

For all the ballyho about their marriage and her liberal ways vs his conservative way of life-has anyone even thought of the fact that in DXB everyone is in everyone else's business. That means that Haya's freedom and anonomity that she enjoyed in Europe is GONE. I can tell you for a fact that wherever Mo goes and does is reported in breathless detail within the various gathering places of DXB. This means she will be subjected to the gossip and speculation also. Note: Shka Hind is considered Mother Earth and above idle gossip and people would never violate her privacy. But Haya being an outsider and not a very well regarded one (according to my sources in DXB) she will be endlessly analyzed and gossiped about.

After all she did marry a man that is brazen enough to park his big ole white SUV with DXB 1 licence plates outside his various 'friends' villas in the middle of the day.

What we say will be a pittance to what is uttered in the local Starbucks.

Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:22 pm
May I ask, "what can be said that has not already been said or speculated about?"  I mean can so one tell us wereshe lives now that she is the wife of a Crown Prince is she in Dubai or Europe somewhere?  When is the marriage cerebration?  Does anyone thing she will interact with CPMo's children?  Do you think they have met (the chlidren and Haya)?  Maybe we can discuss these topics.  :)
P.Haya must've met with his sons: Hamdan, Rashid, Maktoum, Saeed and, Ahmed (she commented on his equestrian skills in an interview but I don't remember what she said though) and hopefully also gets along with them. I also remember reading an article about P.Haya and Sheikha Latifa (Mo's daughter) attending a horsie event together. :innocent:

However Mo's elder daughters are likely to dislike her – watching the pain their mother must have went/is going through.

Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 3:44 pm
I don't know about the celebration. I'm sure she's met his family by now. I found it rather odd that they were married in Jordan rather than in the UAE. I wonder if his family was there for the wedding.
banadoora, i think it is considered polite to marry the girl in her home country. think p.ali and rym brahimi. however, i always thought title trumped convention (i.e. he his higher placed-theoretically they should marry in his country).

however if shk mo tried to marry a foreign girl in the uae, i am pretty sure shka fatima would personally kick his a$$.

Originally posted by paloma@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 5:09 pm
How old is shka Fatima?
the details on her are sketchy but i would think she is somewhere in her 50's-60's. but don't worry about that if you are imagining her kicking mo's booty. she tamed shk zayed-mo is childs play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom