Sheikh Muhammad's marriage to Princess Haya & her role in Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In early days of their marriage, I read that one of the conditions put on Mo when marrying Haya was that she will be always called Haya bint Hussein...Haya is already a BORN princess. she is not in need of UAE passport but in need of Mo' $$$$$.

So knowing she is always called Princess Haya bint Hussein and knowing that she is married to MO, i do not think Mo will want her to ride under Jordan. His Ego is acting..Also, he may not want poeple to see her wearing those showjumping outfit especially the tight pants)....

I am a commoner and I REFUSE such A UAE passport even if the country is gold paved even if they hand it to me (with all my respect to my UAE girl friends)...I just do not swallow the mentality of their men...

i don't have any probs with haya not changing her name-that is the tradition all over the arab world (i think.) and i'm not from the arab world or muslim but i didn't change my name after i got married.

but if you check the latest endurance ride she participated in-she participated under the jordan flag. the uae equistrian federation says that if you LIVE in the uae and want to compete then you must be sponosored by your HOME country (i.e. expat riders must get sponosorship from their home country all though they might train and live in the uae). the uae only sponosors uae riders. (i mean sponsor in the 'acknowledge riders credentials' sense not financially.)

http://www.hiltonherbsalfredstower.endurancegb.co.uk/results.html

also not only does Mo not want Haya to wear those pants-NEITHER DO I!!!!!

his ego has nothing to do with this. these are rules and realities of life out of his control. her horse got injured-that is life. she is jordanian-he knew that before he married her.

but in reality-i can't remember any showjumping competition she has participated in in the past few years. so i don't think going to the olympics was high on her priority list anyways.

Humble said:
In early days of their marriage, I read that one of the conditions put on Mo when marrying Haya was that she will be always called Haya bint Hussein...Haya is already a BORN princess. she is not in need of UAE passport but in need of Mo' $$$$$.

So knowing she is always called Princess Haya bint Hussein and knowing that she is married to MO, i do not think Mo will want her to ride under Jordan. His Ego is acting..Also, he may not want poeple to see her wearing those showjumping outfit especially the tight pants)....

I am a commoner and I REFUSE such A UAE passport even if the country is gold paved even if they hand it to me (with all my respect to my UAE girl friends)...I just do not swallow the mentality of their men...

Ipi Tombe said:
also not only does Mo not want Haya to wear those pants-NEITHER DO I!!!!!

*Lol* It's pretty obvious that producing Mo juniors is not on her priority list either.

interesting la la, if a woman is not going to work within her profession. and she is not going to have kids. and she does not seem to be the charitable spouse type (i.e. Melinda Gates).

what is the point?????

this woman needs to do something productive with her life or get off the planet (or at least out of the spotlight.)

La la said:
*Lol* It's pretty obvious that producing Mo juniors is not on her priority list either.

She looks much better--happy for one thing. OK, can a woman divorce a man in Arabic countries. Are there such a thing as pre-nups so she could do her time and walk away with some money? I honestly don't know. All I hear is men divorcing or adding wives.

all conditions for maintenance post divorce are specified in the marraige contract. and no a woman can not EASILY divorce a man. but i don't think haya would divorce mo in a million years.

maryshawn said:
She looks much better--happy for one thing. OK, can a woman divorce a man in Arabic countries. Are there such a thing as pre-nups so she could do her time and walk away with some money? I honestly don't know. All I hear is men divorcing or adding wives.

Shk Mo has 3 wives.

Shka Hind. Wife of 25 years and mother of 12 kids. She used to be 'first and official' but has recently been demoted by Haya. She used to have official duties but she was V. traditional and did not travel with her husband or attend public functions or was photographed. This might seem odd to Westeners. But to people in the Emirates, it was completely accepted.

Delila. Unkown 2nd wife. Supposedly has 4 kids by Mo.

Haya. Latest and Greatest 3rd wife and currently 'first and official' after the demotion of Hind. Supposedly she will take on official duties but she never really had a public role in Jordan so I don't know what she will be up to.

Hind has near saint status in DXB for staying married to her husband. Delila is relatively unknown. And the only people in DXB that like Haya are people that will be able to benefit from her prescense. The city has NOT warmly welcomed Haya (from what I hear.)

hillary_nugent said:
thanks Rimaa ^__^ so which woman is the main wife the one with official duties and stuff or do they all share it? and is Princess Haya's husband a royal as well?

Last edited:
My calculation has it that Mo has 27 kids by at least 5 different women. Haya is excluded. :eek:

Last edited:
Where do you think Princess Haya is living now?
Europe, Dubai, Amman ...?

abir said:
Where do you think Princess Haya is living now?
Europe, Dubai, Amman ...?

My guess is in Dubai with her husband, fiance' whatever he is.

i think she stated in an interview that she would live in dxb. but i think she will be there only on command performances and reside in europe. if she couldn't stand to live in jordan for all these years-do you think dxb is going to do anything for her? jordan is a whole heck of alot more liberal than dxb. and in jordan and europe she doesn't have a whole town sitting around waiting for her to make a mistake. but she is supposed to be 'first and official' so that would naturally mean she will be quite involved publicly.

in synopsis...i think she would prefer europe but her preferences carry little weight anymore.

Ipi Tombe said:
i think she stated in an interview that she would live in dxb. but i think she will be there only on command performances and reside in europe. if she couldn't stand to live in jordan for all these years-do you think dxb is going to do anything for her? jordan is a whole heck of alot more liberal than dxb. and in jordan and europe she doesn't have a whole town sitting around waiting for her to make a mistake. but she is supposed to be 'first and official' so that would naturally mean she will be quite involved publicly.

in synopsis...i think she would prefer europe but her preferences carry little weight anymore.

I just assumed she lived in Dubai...So, is she or isn't she there?

Last edited:
i think she will 'live' in dxb but in all reality spend at least half or most of her time in europe.

Dubai, definately. Compared to the rest of the ME, probably. Compared to Europe-definately. Absolutely, positively NO CULTURE.

From my experience tourists-think the place rocks. People who live there-dont. It is a fairly conservative place if you live there and show your face day in and day out.

Also for all of Haya being a princess and Arab and Muslim and all she has led a fairly secular western life. Even ladies who lead fairly religious lives in the Arab world there whole life and then marry an Emirati find it a very conservative way of life. Shk Mo would never in a million years give you that impression but he said in an interview that he 'comes from a conservative family'. In other words-he is a fairly conservative guy underneath it all, also. Look at his treatment of other females in his family. Not Mr. Modernity.

Haya thinks she is going to change him.

I think Haya is going to be the one a-changing.

Angie said:
Are Dubai and Amman really that boring?

Angie said:
Are Dubai and Amman really that boring?

Having only passed through Dubai Airport I cannot comment on there, but I don't think Amman is boring as such. It just depends what you want from life. The quality of life is good, if you are well off, and even if you are not, there are many pluses to be had for free - good weather, lovely scenery, fabulous archaeology. There are plenty of resturants, wine bars, discoteques, a few book shops even. Cinemas are clean and the films pretty up to date. There are occasional visiting theatre groups and musicans, but I suppose Amman falls short on serious intellectual stimulus - good theatre, opera, concerts, museums, but most of the expats. I have known, would still much rather live in Jordan than in the Gulf. For one thing, you can interact with the nationals of the country, whereas in the Gulf people only meet other expats. which must be very tedious. And I have to say that in the main there is a venal streak running through many of the expats. in many of the Gulf countries. They will come and get a fat pay check and enjoy a quality of life they would not dream of back home, but they also bitch bitch bitch. Not nice.

shelley said:
Having only passed through Dubai Airport I cannot comment on there, but I don't think Amman is boring as such. It just depends what you want from life. The quality of life is good, if you are well off, and even if you are not, there are many pluses to be had for free - good weather, lovely scenery, fabulous archaeology. There are plenty of resturants, wine bars, discoteques, a few book shops even. Cinemas are clean and the films pretty up to date. There are occasional visiting theatre groups and musicans, but I suppose Amman falls short on serious intellectual stimulus - good theatre, opera, concerts, museums, but most of the expats. I have known, would still much rather live in Jordan than in the Gulf. For one thing, you can interact with the nationals of the country, whereas in the Gulf people only meet other expats. which must be very tedious. And I have to say that in the main there is a venal streak running through many of the expats. in many of the Gulf countries. They will come and get a fat pay check and enjoy a quality of life they would not dream of back home, but they also bitch bitch bitch. Not nice.
shelley:

the whole expat v. local thing in jordan is the complete opposite of the emirates. in the emirates you have 1 local for every 7 expats whereas in jordan it is 1 expat for every X many of jordans (I think it is like 1:200). So Jordanians are everywhere wheras in the Emirates there is just not that many Emirati's to begin with. Then you start breaking out how many are woman and therefore not in public that often, bedouins in the dessert or live in one of the more remote Emirates-you are left with a very small number of people to interact with.

but your comments about money hungry expats are very correct. however you can figure out who these people are mile away and give them wide berth. me, personally, i didn't need to go to the emirates for a nice car, big house, maid, sunshine and disposable income. have you not heard of austin, phoenix, atlanta, vega, orlando-all these places are about as shallow and superficial materialistic at dxb. and yet after you factor in taxes-these places are cheaper to live in for a similar (very high) standard of living.

and the serious art stuff matters, IMO. it is what seperates London from Manchester, Lille from Paris, Phoenix from NYCity. Culture matters. as long as the leaders of dxb continue on their testosterone fueled fantasy of penis envy buildings and sporting events and does not realize the importance of the devlopement of cultured society in general-the place will continue to retain its very crass, tawdry, 'plastic fantastic' image.

inchallah..the underdog at least gets out with her dignity and self respect, intact. anything more is a wish upon a star.

i do wish mo and haya the best. i do. (i know you don't believe that, sommone). but i think 'the best' is an ever receding point on the horizon.

i have seen very polished & important grown men fall to pieces around mo. he is an incredible guy. no one who knows him denies that. what is so sad is that i seriously believe he doesn't think he is that great. professionally and financially-he knows there are few better than him. but personally....the boy needs to love thyself and then loving others becomes so much easier.

Ipi Tombe said:
inchallah..the underdog at least gets out with her dignity and self respect, intact. anything more is a wish upon a star.

i do wish mo and haya the best. i do. (i know you don't believe that, sommone). but i think 'the best' is an ever receding point on the horizon.

i have seen very polished & important grown men fall to pieces around mo. he is an incredible guy. no one who knows him denies that. what is so sad is that i seriously believe he doesn't think he is that great. professionally and financially-he knows there are few better than him. but personally....the boy needs to love thyself and then loving others becomes so much easier.

What does inchallah mean? The woman, I hope, loves her husband...why would she want to leave him? Well I couldn't be in her situation not for all the love and money in the world, but hey whatever floats her boat. You once told me I have way too much faith in these two, remember? Well you don't have any, Ipi, especially with Haya. What happen to believing in chance? That things can go either way?

I'm really trying to understand your anger towards her...you feel that she betrayed Hind, but it isn't betrayal if multiple marriages are allowed in their culture. Also, we don't know how Hind "really" feels about the whole situation. I mean we have heard things, but you know how that can go...Yeah, it surprised me that independent PH would marry into a situation of this kind, but for me there is no explanation mostly because I haven't heard why from the horse's mouth. To tell you the truth, it isn't anyone's business, not even mine, why she chose to marry Mo. I would like to think, because it is so easy to be negative, that she loves Mo, but I don't know that to be true either do I? I notice that maybe you have a Love/Hate relationship with Mo...one minute your critical, the next you are sympathetic and supportive. Haya gets a verbal beating in almost every post...I hope you don't think I'm trying to persuade to pretend you like her, because I am so not about being fake...but it is so easy to say negative things. I guess I'm just curious why there is a "hate" relationship with Haya who constitutes half of this couple, and a love/hate relationship with Mo?

It's nice to know you wish the best for the two...however, I find it shocking for you to wish Haya the best in anything, especially when it has to do with Mo. Was it not you who made her enemy #1? If not, then let me say I'm sorry for saying it if you didn't. It's hard to see it through all of the negativity, albeit it is your opinion

Last edited:
you're right. sommone. i don't like haya. but the fanciful reunion of mo and hind is probably as far removed from reality as haya and mo living happily ever after. i do wish her well. but i doubt her well being will be made a priority under mo's roof. mo could change. haya could be the warm bright spark that mo has longed for his whole life. they might have beautiful babies and the baby's daddy might actually learn their names and spend time with them.

or he will continue to run his life the way he has for 55 years with hired hands raising his babies and providing his 'comfort' while his wife waits at the fortress for her scraps of affection.

yeah...you're right. i don't have much faith.

sommone said:
What does inchallah mean? The woman, I hope, loves her husband...why would she want to leave him? Well I couldn't be down with the whole opressed thing, but hey whatever floats her boat. You once told me I have way too much faith in these two, remember? Well you don't have any, Ipi. What happen to believing in chance? That things can go either way? It's nice to know you wish the best for the two...however, I find it shocking for you to wish Haya the best in anything, especially when it has to do with Mo. Was it not you who made her enemy #1? If not, then let me say I'm sorry for saying it if you didn't. It's hard to see it through all of the negativity, albeit it is your opinions.

regarding my love/hate with mo.

love, love, love the guy-professionally. and his treatment of women professionally is second to none.

but i think his skills in the daddy and husband department are sorely lacking. i would love for him to love his babies and wives because they are beautiful and unique creatures that god has bestowed upon him but he doesn't. he sees them as missionaries of his message. vice presidents in waiting. ambassadors of hype. and this upsets me to no end. haya is just an example of this. he married her because people would talk about it. she is a princess so it is noteworthy in the media. i doubt he actually knows how she likes her coffee or her deepest darkest fear. but he knows how much press a picture of them two will generate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ipi Tombe said:
you're right. sommone. i don't like haya. but the fanciful reunion of mo and hind is probably as far removed from reality as haya and mo living happily ever after. i do wish her well. but i doubt her well being will be made a priority under mo's roof. mo could change. haya could be the warm bright spark that mo has longed for his whole life. they might have beautiful babies and the baby's daddy might actually learn their names and spend time with them.

or he will continue to run his life the way he has for 55 years with hired hands raising his babies and providing his 'comfort' while his wife waits at the fortress for her scraps of affection.

yeah...you're right. i don't have much faith.

Do I detect sarcasm...a hint of anger maybe? Well at least you're keeping it real...I hope I have never given any impression that they would "live happily ever after" warm and fuzzy marriage...does that even exist for anyone? The only point I was trying to get across was that no one, not even them, knows exactly what the future holds, and that anything is possible...anything.

Ipi Tombe said:
regarding my love/hate with mo.

love, love, love the guy-professionally. and his treatment of women professionally is second to none.

but i think his skills in the daddy and husband department are sorely lacking. i would love for him to love his babies and wives because they are beautiful and unique creatures that god has bestowed upon him but he doesn't. he sees them as missionaries of his message. vice presidents in waiting. ambassadors of hype. and this upsets me to no end. haya is just an example of this. he married her because people would talk about it. she is a princess so it is noteworthy in the media. i doubt he actually knows how she likes her coffee or her deepest darkest fear. but he knows how much press a picture of them two will generate.

You seem to have alot of insight into Mo, the man...You've called him a womanizer on more than one occasion, so I'm curious to know how does he or did he treat Hind? I really hate that Hind can't speak out for herself...I would so love to know what she thinks about everything.

i would like to know also.

hind is above speculation and gossip (i know i've said that maybe a million times). none of my friends of the family would ever say anything about her. 'guess who' would know more. i think there are comments to this point on hind's thread.

sommone said:
You seem to have alot of insight into Mo, the man...You've called him a womanizer on more than one occasion, so I'm curious to know how does he or did he treat Hind? I really hate that Hind can't speak out for herself...I would so love to know what she thinks about everything.

Ipi Tombe said:
i would like to know also.

hind is above speculation and gossip (i know i've said that maybe a million times). none of my friends of the family would ever say anything about her. 'guess who' would know more. i think there are comments to this point on hind's thread.

Now that is interesting...Hind is above speculation and gossip...but not Haya...ok then. I'm going to be fair and say I know nothing about either one so I won't speculate on either one...too bad not everyone feels the same. You know what makes me angry, and I'm rarely angry, is that people find it ok to slander other people without even knowing them...They base everything on what they have heard or read...most probably don't question anything that is said, and then people's reputations are trashed sometimes beyond repair. Now that is so unfair. It's not ok to falsely accuse others of things you don't have proof they had said or done. Try putting yourself in her place, and then let people trash your reputation constantly. Never mind the fact, they don't know you from Adam.

Last edited:
true. but if you think for a second i'm going to post my mobile phone speed dial on the internet for everyone to gawk-then you are sorely mistaken.

defend hind to the last hour-definately.
think mo is misunderstood and needs some self love-of course.
give haya a break-not on your life
tell you why-not a chance.

see. isn't this fun?

sommone said:
Now that is interesting...Hind is above speculation and gossip...but not Haya...ok then. I'm going to be fair and say I know nothing about either one so I won't speculate on either one...to bad not everyone feels the same. You know what makes me angry, and I'm rarely angry, is that people find it ok to slander other people without even knowing them...They base everything on what they have heard or read...most probably don't question anything that is said, and then people's reputations are trashed sometimes beyond compare. Now that is so unfair. It's not ok to falsely accuse others of things you don't have proof they had said or done. Try putting yourself in her place, and then let people trash your reputation constantly. Never mind the fact, they don't know you from Adam.

Ipi Tombe said:
true. but if you think for a second i'm going to post my mobile phone speed dial on the internet for everyone to gawk-then you are sorely mistaken.

defend hind to the last hour-definately.
think mo is misunderstood and needs some self love-of course.
give haya a break-not on your life
tell you why-not a chance.

see. isn't this fun?

I see your good at misunderstanding things...or was that more sarcasm because see I can never really tell. I can't recall asking you to post any private information about your self on the internet, or anywhere else for that matter. I would like to think you are smarter than that...I think I said try putting yourself in her place, or anyone's place who gets trashed constantly with any real basis. I can't even recall saying "you need to like Haya, or I expect you to like Haya...mostly it was to get you to see where I was coming from about questioning things you read and hear, which in this case, you obviously don't. Your hatred for Haya has completely blinded you to being open minded to anything other than the negativity that you hear and post, but hey that's fine...Let your anger rule your over your sensibility. No one is asking you to like her, least not I...In other words, do your thing, Ipi. Like I have always said, it's your opinion even if it is bias. Although, I would be careful about what I say about people...it might get you in trouble some day.

I find it so ironic though, that you would defend a man who is partly responsible for the end of a "great" marriage to his first wife. It so easy to defend him rather than to be angry with him. As my friend says, the sh** that goes on. Oh, and fun doesn't begin to describe it.

I know I'm off topic, and I apologize...I think I better leave this subject alone for fear it might get heated, and I don't want to go there. Not that I'm afraid, but I just like to avoid conflict. I definitely don't like people to assume something I may have posted, or put words into my mouth that I didn't say. For future reference, and I say this to any and everyone who I reply to their posts, or vice versa...if you are unclear as to what I'm saying in a post, by all means ask me because I will ask you if I am unclear about something. Please don't assume anything. We all know what assumptions make.

I'm know I'm a part of this and since I'm friends with Ipi, I want to put my two cents in.

Hate is such a strong word and by all means try to avoid using it. Since neither Ipi nor I are directly affected by this mess I wouldn't use it to define our hostility. We just don't like her for obvious reasons. Your conclusion of Ipi being "blinded by her hate to Haya" is mischievous. I don't know whether you're a member of the Ladies of the Crescent group but someone had manipulated/cut and pasted some pictures of Haya with the body of some pornostar and posted some spam about her past which and it was all very distasteful. Even though we don't like her, we're not capable of doing that and would NEVER go the gutter level of doing something so distasteful and atrocious.

I know her better and I've been corresponding with her offline too and can assure that she's still very capable of making sensible decisions although we may come across like we detest her here and beware, she can be brutally sarcastic too. I wouldn't say we have been too soft on Mo either but I suppose since you're a Haya fan you're only offended by whatever negativity we write about her and all the crap we write about Mo doesn't really reach you. But if you feel like we've haven't credited Mo for his share, let me be the first one to say that he's one big fat scoundrel. He should know better for a man his age and definitely should set a better example for his soon-to-be-married sons. I have to go to sleep now.

Last edited:
sommone....

no problems.

to be perfectly honest, i expect men to act a 'certain way'. i expect more out of women. i know it is a double standard but that is the way i am. sorry. i don't hate, haya (i reserve that right for Ariel Sharon, George Bush and Crown Prince Abdullah of SA). i occasionally feel sorry for her. but mostly i pity her.

we can agree to disagree, however.

i keep hoping that haya will metaphorsize (is that word?) into an accomplished person but she seems quite content to be a housewife and endurance rider. no problem there. (i have chosen a similar illustrious career path.) but if she is going to follow this path can she at least admit that all of the blahblahblah about modernity & independence is a bunch of crap? i don't see what she is doing that is so 'indenpendant' if she is just following her husband around, smiling blankly into space and wearing goofy outfits. is this modern? is this independant? personally, it looks like a 1950's laundry soap ad.

As reluctant as I am to jump into the fray, especially since I don't follow either one of these two closely, I feel that it is all right to discuss and speculate about public figures. This whole notion of first needing to provide "proof" seems more suited to a court of law to me than to a silly (as in light-hearted) chat forum like this. Let's face it, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. From that standpoint, it's very difficult to be optimistic about the romantic future of these two. Sure, I could be wrong, the future isn't known yet, anything could happen, but realistically, there is cause for concern.

La la said:
I'm know I'm a part of this and since I'm friends with Ipi, I want to put my two cents in.

Hate is such a strong word and by all means try to avoid using it. Since neither Ipi nor I are directly affected by this mess I wouldn't use it to define our hostility. We just don't like her for obvious reasons. Your conclusion of Ipi being "blinded by her hate to Haya" is mischievous. I don't know whether you're a member of the Ladies of the Crescent group but someone had manipulated/cut and pasted some pictures of Haya with the body of some pornostar and posted some spam about her past which and it was all very distasteful. Even though we don't like her, we're not capable of doing that and would NEVER go the gutter level of doing something so distasteful and atrocious.

I know her better and I've been corresponding with her offline too and can assure that she's still very capable of making sensible decisions although we may come across like we detest her here and beware, she can be brutally sarcastic too. I wouldn't say we have been too soft on Mo either but I suppose since you're a Haya fan you're only offended by whatever negativity we write about her and all the crap we write about Mo doesn't really reach you. But if you feel like we've haven't credited Mo for his share, let me be the first one to say that he's one big fat scoundrel. He should know better for a man his age and definitely should set a better example for his soon-to-be-married sons. I have to go to sleep now.
I agree with you La la....for example, not every one who is fun of a public figure can take easily the criticism about their favorites...Some members in this board think that we hate rania..but actually, we hate her way of lavish style despite that she is the queen of a very poor country...

she is pretty and elegant...that's all (IMO)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom