Sheikh Mohammed's Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These pictures were discussed at the beginning of this thread already. The woman is not Sheikha Hind, but only her cousin.
I'm so sorry to say that, but the pictures of sheikha Hind are not available in the web.

Www.facebook.com/Shk.HIND photos of Sheika Hind bint Maktoum bint Juma Al Maktoum this is attached to sheik mo's Facebook.

Www.facebook.com/Shk.HIND photos of Sheika Hind bint Maktoum bint Juma Al Maktoum this is attached to sheik mo's Facebook.

Yes, thats a picture from her youth. And we talked about this old picture here. But no other official pictures are available in public at the moment.

Last edited:
I didn't say 1.68 ,, I said Max 1.68 ,, as I saw she's not short ! ,,, I said I saw her once ,, I not know her personally !!! & didn't see her many times , I said what I saw in that once !!

I know you said max 1.68, she was Probably wearing high heels :flowers:
And I didn't say you know her personality

The picture available of shiekha Hind was takin in the 70s so it's usually darker than pictures now a days, they were blk&white colored many years later so they would not do justice to color.

And if you look back at any of your mothers or grandmothers pictures you will notice that every age or every couple of years she will change and someone else of her daughters will look like her.

I know the lady I saw was shiekha Hind I've seen her more than once. And I know her sisters and sisters in law so I'm not going to make that mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, lady blue and sheikah deena, thanks you all so much for your account of Sheikha Hind. My curiousity is finally alleviated. :lol:

Yes, I think it's possible that Sheikha Hind has a light skin tone. I didn't have a clue that she's not very tall, until you all remind me of how her children are mostly not very tall. If her daughters really don't do S.H's beauty at all, like what lady blue said, then S. Hind must be a great beauty! :) I also agree with some of views here, that the picture of the young Sheikha does bear the resemblance with her daughter Maryam.

From what I know of the women of my family: Sheikha Hind has the greatest similarity with her daughter Sheikha Sheikha. But views may differ.

Howsoever: thanks you lady blue and sheikha deena for sharing your impressions with us.

Last edited:
Yes I agree ,, I saw that too ,, I saw there is some similarity with her daughter sheikha sheikha ,, But my view she looks like Sheikha Maryam more ,, but it's already there is similarity between Maryam & Sheikha IMO ,, but yes indeed it's different views . ,, everyone can see something !!

^ I don't even know she's that rich! The money must be from he husband right?

Well First 25 Million Dh equivalent 6.6 Million US $ !

Well Sheikha Hind she’s belong to " AL Maktoum " dynasty Or House of " Al Maktoum " before her married to Sheikh Mohammed ! ,, her full name " HH Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum " ,,, And Al Maktoum dynasty is very Rich family in UAE ,, And Her mother is the daughter of Emir Saeed II of Dubai , making Sheikha Hind the second cousin of her husband through her father and First Cousin through her mother side !!
So she’s already belong to rich family . :flowers:

:previous:
Thank you for your post.

In the case of Sheikh Mohammed am I to understand that some of his marriages have been of the temporary type despite the fact that he is Sunni? I don't understand when in this thread people speak of 'unofficial wives'.

None of this information will keep me from reverting one day, I'm just curious.

Actually only Shia have the so called "Mut'aa" marriage, which is temporary, but they have some conditions, like the woman must be "not a virgin" like widowed, divorced or so...but nowadays, most well respected shia families don't accept temporary marriages for their daughters...
As for Sunnites, most of them (the four interpretations/Mazhabs) agree that there's no such as marriage and it's forbidden, so the majority wins, but you can find a minority which accepts temporary marriage like in Saudia Arabia or so, where it's called "Mesyar", but the weird thing in it that, is a society like Saudia Arabia accepts such as a temporary marriage just when the women are originally not Saudians, which is a contradiction itself...this kind of marriage exists also in other Gulf states and maybe Sheikh Mo practiced it, as he can't have more than four wives in he same time.

From a historical point of view, the temporary marriage was made for males who were spending long time away from their families during long wars, but it was forbidden later like for alcohol which was not forbidden in begining.

If you consider to revert to Islam, you must read the full story of the things before to accept what others can tell you just maybe because hey have some ideas behind. The rules must be the same for all people whatever they are and from whatever country they are, and there should be no contradictions in it.

Last edited:
For me,some Muslim traditions around marriage seem a little bit confusing and contradicting-especially since there are different scholastic views on what is allowd and forbidden-also ranging from country to country but I found your elaborations very enlightening.
Practicing temporary marriages for soldiers who are away from home seems like a good idea to me-during WWII many soldiers had children with local women who were later socially excluded because they were born out of the wedlock.(Especially if they were black since at that time society was not so cosmopolitian and open-minded.)

I´ve read that temporary marriages are widely practiced in Iran because prostitution is very restricted under the Islamic law.By practicing TM men can "legally" be with a woman they don´t intend to marry.

Just to get back to the topic-Sheikh Mohammed answered to a reporter from CNN that he has four wifes.At that time he was newly married to Princess Haya and he is still married to Sheikha Hind.

For me,some Muslim traditions around marriage seem a little bit confusing and contradicting-especially since there are different scholastic views on what is allowd and forbidden-also ranging from country to country.....

I confirm, this large heterogeneity is confusing. This confusion concerning not only to outsiders but also to Muslims themselves. In fact, every Muslim in individual is responsible for its actions and as a Muslim you have to use your wits to get a meaningful result.

Just to get back to the topic-Sheikh Mohammed answered to a reporter from CNN that he has four wifes.At that time he was newly married to Princess Haya and he is still married to Sheikha Hind.

Really, I do not know such a statement by Sheikh Mohammed in an interview. Perhaps it would be very nice if you could post this interview here.

Last edited:
Any ideas on why Sheikh didn't marry that Lebanese lady who gave him his eldest child? I mean, Sheikha Hind is his first wife right? It seems a bit interesting that the Sheikh only got married at the age of 30 to S. H.

...Really, I do not know such a statement by Sheikh Mohammed in an interview. Perhaps it would be very nice if you could post this interview here.
I am sorry,I didn´t record that interview and it´s more than 5 years ago,maybe it can be found on youtube.Having four wives is officially accepted and the Sheikh certainly does have the means to provide a good house for his wives and all of his children.
As I don´t have any official or written evidence I can just speculate on the number of his wives.However I do believe that he is/was married to the Maroccan lady since Sheikh Majid got an influental position as Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority and he was given the chance to represent Dubai in foreign countries.Sheikh Mohammed wouldn´t give such a job to a nobody,with tourism as one of the key economic sectors of the city,the reputation of Dubai in foreign countries is highly important.(Princess Haya is also a good representative since her father was held in high esteem both in Europe and USA and she is very educated,beautiful and charming.)

Any ideas on why Sheikh didn't marry that Lebanese lady who gave him his eldest child? I mean, Sheikha Hind is his first wife right? It seems a bit interesting that the Sheikh only got married at the age of 30 to S. H.

He was married to her when she had her child.

He was married to her when she had her child.

I can confirm what has been said by lady blue. I am sure that he was married in any manner with all the ladies with whom he has children. With two ladies he is still married. That some of the wives are not mentioned by name in public does not mean that there has been no marriage.

I am sorry,I didn´t record that interview and it´s more than 5 years ago,maybe it can be found on youtube.Having four wives is officially accepted and the Sheikh certainly does have the means to provide a good house for his wives and all of his children.

Very sad, the video is completely unknown to me. Someone else here who has secured the video? I think, the rest of your statement is self-evident.

As I don´t have any official or written evidence I can just speculate on the number of his wives.However I do believe that he is/was married to the Maroccan lady since Sheikh Majid got an influental position as Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority and he was given the chance to represent Dubai in foreign countries.Sheikh Mohammed wouldn´t give such a job to a nobody,with tourism as one of the key economic sectors of the city,the reputation of Dubai in foreign countries is highly important....

Let me correct your statement a little. Each of his children is a personality. None of his children is a nobody, just because the name of the mother is not known publicly or because the mother is not publicly occurs. Although some of the children come from not publicly presented marriages, it does not mean that they have a lower position or even insignificant in the family structure.

Last edited:
Let me correct a little your statement. Each of his children is a personality. None of his children is a nobody, just because the name of the mother is not known publicly or because the mother is not publicly occurs. Although some of the children come from not publicly presented marriages, it does not mean that they have a lower position or even insignificant in the family structure.

My mistake,my wording was a little bit thoughtless-of course each and everyone of his children is special and unique!Some of them are still too young to have a chance to show their potential,they are still learning and need time to find an opportunity to use their intelligence & talents.If you follow my posts you will find that I have always appreciated Sheikha Mahra and Sheikha Maitha a lot and I have huge respect for Sheikh Mansoor´s military service.

I don´t make any difference between children from official wives and unofficial ones,but I know that some Emiratis do have more respect for the children of Sheikha Hind.She is the first and only Emirati-wife and she comes from a highly respected family (you are more knowledgeable about her tribe than I am,so I don´t have to tell you:)
What is most important to me is merit,character and behaviour-not ancestry,nationality or social status.In this regard we can say that all of Sheikh Mohammed´s wives did a good work by bringing up their children with high moral principles,good attitude to work and decent manners.

:flowers: I agree with you on all points.

Thanks for your answer, I had no idea--I thought Sheikha Hind is his first wife.

She is his second or third wife. Perhaps even his fourth wife. But we don´t know. Sure only, she is not his first wife.

Last edited:
If sheikha Hind is his second wife then who is the first one? and does he has children from her?

If sheikha Hind is his second wife then who is the first one? and does he has children from her?

I would guess Sheikh Marwan´s mother who is said to be of German origin,but I don´t know anything about her!

No, the first wife is the mother of Sheikha Manal (born 1977). The chronological order of the following marriages is not clear. The second wife to be the Moroccan lady, because the first child of her, Sheikha Maitha, was born in March 1980. The (presumably) third wife was probably Sheikha Hind, whose first child Sheikha Hessa was born in November 1980. Then should follow fourth wife, a german lady and the mother of Sheikh Marwan (born March 1981).

Since Sheikha Hind married Sheikh Mohammed in 1979, it may well be that she is the second wife. More likely is that she is the third wife. Because the marriage between Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikha Hind took place towards the end of the year the 1979 and Sheikha Maitha was born in early 1980. So it is to be assumed, that Sheikh Mohammed married the Moroccan wife already between 1978 and early 1979 - before the marriage with Sheikha Hind.

Please keep in mind when discussing that only sure that Sheikha Hind is not the first wife of Sheikh Mohammed (due the birth of Sheikha Manal before the date of marriage with Sheikha Hind). All other details of me are purely hypothetical, based on a mathematical calculation which is based on the births of subsequent children. There are no reliable official data on this.

Last edited:
The marital status of Sheikh Mohammed is very complicated...!
If the first marriages were secret/unofficial-Did Sheikha Hind know about his previous children/wives?

The marital status of Sheikh Mohammed is very complicated...!
If the first marriages were secret/unofficial-Did Sheikha Hind know about his previous children/wives?

Of course, she knows.....Sheikha Hind ensures that all of his children growing up within the meaning of the family life regardless which the mothers are. For more information about your question, please check also my previous posts with the numbers # 193 and # 195 on page 10 in this thread.

Last edited:
Well,at least she knew what she was getting in.I´ve heard a lot of stories from women who got married and found out her husband has another wife or children from other relationships afterwards :-( For instance Barack Obama´s mother didn´t know her husband (Barack´s father) already had a wife in Africa when she met him and he only told her after they got married.
But as long as everybody involved knows how many wives/children/relationships are going on,I´m fine with it.

The honesty with each other is the best way. Life goes diverse ways and all these ways can be characterized by happiness.

Back
Top Bottom