Sheikh Mohammed's Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Hussien of Jordan wasn't a polygamist though.
King Abdul Aziz, he couldn't have had 17 wives at once could he? That's way over the limit.

Last edited:
MAYBE i was seen sheikha hind pictures in some sites if i not mistaken. sheikha hind and sheikh mo was toghether in some place for horse racing. the picture show the women besides sheikh mo are soooo pretty and have blonde dark hair with unique hat ( kind of hat that most women use in royal ascot), but from her face she looks so arabian. and im very-very sure thats not princess haya. do you think thats real pictures of sheikha hind?

nadiana said:
MAYBE i was seen sheikha hind pictures in some sites if i not mistaken. sheikha hind and sheikh mo was toghether in some place for horse racing. the picture show the women besides sheikh mo are soooo pretty and have blonde dark hair with unique hat ( kind of hat that most women use in royal ascot), but from her face she looks so arabian. and im very-very sure thats not princess haya. do you think thats real pictures of sheikha hind?

Thats Princess Haya, she attends ascot races with sheikh Mohammed

Humera said:
King Abdul Aziz, he couldn't have had 17 wives at once could he? That's way over the limit.

Im not sure if he had 17 wives at once, but if he did, i wouldnt be suprised. Back then, it was normal. He had the money to support them all, provide housing etc so i dont see why its over the limit:)

The current king of Swaziland has thirteen wives, some of whom were just teenagers when they married, and his father, the former king of Swaziland, had Seventy wives and approximately Two Hundred and Ten Children. This is a huge scandal because the AIDS epidemic (really, pandemic) that is so prevalent there.

well I was referring to the limit set in the Quran which is 4.

Humera said:
Haha, yeah. Even the wealthiest men are only permitted to have four wives in Islam. Dunno what his excuse was...
:rolleyes:

LadyK said:
The current king of Swaziland has thirteen wives, some of whom were just teenagers when they married, and his father, the former king of Swaziland, had Seventy wives and approximately Two Hundred and Ten Children. This is a huge scandal because the AIDS epidemic (really, pandemic) that is so prevalent there.
Well, to begin with...Swaziland is not a Muslim country...
...are you suggesting that the King of Swaziland took wives who were HIV positive? Because that's the only way that could have made a difference. And, if so, I am shocked, scandalised, and a bunch of other fun things.

dazzling said:
Im not sure if he had 17 wives at once, but if he did, i wouldnt be suprised. Back then, it was normal. He had the money to support them all, provide housing etc so i dont see why its over the limit:)
I don't know what you are referring to exactly when you said "back then"...

Islam hasn't changed. It is still very much allowed to have more than one wife at a time. not seventeen, but several (limited to four, as long as they are treated equally and cared for).

It is always funny, given that the U A E has so many western expats, when those people are surprised by the culture shock. Dubai is Dubai, not London or New York. There is a vcery different philosophy on life, that does not include the accumulations of European or American history. The values are different.

Last edited by a moderator:
and even in the Qu'ran it's strict! you have to hold to the rules!
normally, in the Qu'ran, poligamy was originally created to: when a woman's husband died, and she was alone, her brother could marry her to provide for her, nothing else, it was never for "fun"! ;)

Now that we have seen a lot of pics of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya together in several events I would be very curious to know if Sheikh Mohammed attends some events togerher with Sheikha Hind. Does anyone know? And what about with the mother of Majed? Has any of us even seen her?

Now that we have seen a lot of pics of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya together in several events I would be very curious to know if Sheikh Mohammed attends some events togerher with Sheikha Hind. Does anyone know? And what about with the mother of Majed? Has any of us even seen her?

None of Sheikh Mohammed's wives are public, except for Princess Haya. Hind and the other junior wives are never seen in public with their husband. They only attend women only functions or events with children, where males are not present.

sorry where i can find some pictures of sheikha Hind,Hamdans mother?

sorry where i can find some pictures of sheikha Hind,Hamdans mother?

There are no pictures of Sheikha Hind. She's not photographed at events or in public, maybe in private, we dont know. The only wife who has been photographed in public is Princess Haya.

Someone answered a very similar question two posts beofre your's.

I think, what the Sheikh did is very common among the Arabic ruler. I'm sure that you aware that King Abdul Aziz, the father of the present King of Saudi have 17 wives. King Hussein of Jordan also have more than one wives. So it's not a big deal for me. And i believe that Sheikh Mohammed's other wife is already know the consequence of being married with Arabic Sheikh. Beside, for me, it's better to own view wives than many mistresses.
K Hussein didn't have them all at once, which is probably the point.

Apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't had the time to look through the thread.

How many wives does Sheikh Mohammed have? I was under impression that there were just two; Haya and Hind. However, reading through the threads on this forum I've seen people making reference to junior wives etc. so was mroe than a little confused about the total number.

TIA.

Apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't had the time to look through the thread.

How many wives does Sheikh Mohammed have? I was under impression that there were just two; Haya and Hind. However, reading through the threads on this forum I've seen people making reference to junior wives etc. so was mroe than a little confused about the total number.

TIA.

There is no total umber to how many wives Sheikh Mohammed has. We know of Sheikha Hind and Princess Haya who is refered to junior wife. Many have said that Sheikh Mohammed is still married to Sheikha Maitha's mother.

Right...so there may be other wives that are not publicly known at all?!

Right...so there may be other wives that are not publicly known at all?!

Exactly. For example, Sheikh Mansours mother is unknown as well as Sheikha Manals also we dont know if he is married to them or divorced and if there are also other children we dont know about. Sheikh Mansour and Sheikh Mayed didnt come out nor where known till a few years back.

What aret he names of his other wives? S. Hind, P. Haya and whom else?

What aret he names of his other wives? S. Hind, P. Haya and whom else?

Nobody knows their names, they are not in public.

In Gulf countries(Bahrain,Qatar & Uae) people only know their first lady's name.
King Hamad of Bahrain has wives, but only Sheikha Sabeeka is known by people. Sheikh Hamad of Qatar has wives , but only Sheikha Mozah is known by people.In these days they are in public.

For Sheikha Hind ,she is the first lady of Dubai & she is already known by people, but she is not public.
In Gulf countries when Sheikhs married multiple, the other wives (who aren't Sheikha) aren't known by people. When people heard the wedding of Princess Haya & Sheikh Mohammed, they were surprised because ,their wedding was in public & she will be in public. It was out of Dubai culture.(still same)

So, in Gulf culture people can't know her name or anything about her, this is the 1st time that seen in Gulf.

I wonder what the advantages of this marriage were to Princess Haya, a very beautiful young woman, a King´s daughter and a King´s sister. Her husband is much older than her and not exactly handsome.
She is considered modern but has accepted to be a secondary wife in a custom that seems to be becoming old fashioned. Money? Surely as the daughter of the King of Jordan she had a very good inheritance!
What is left? It must be love.

Honestly, I wonder that like you! :rolleyes: When I heard the wedding I couldn't believe.

I wonder myself, but I still think it is Money.

Jordan does not have money like other Arab royal family. They live of taxes. And it is not as much as the ones European royal families get.

And even with all that said, with all the children that Sh. Mohammed has, the money and will first go to hind's kids (I think) with Sh. Hamdan being the one in charge. So I do not still see her or her child getting much.

I think this relationship is based on the benefit for both sides plus they have horses as a common interest. Sheikh Mohammed provides a platform for Haya's various activities that she could not pursue without his influence and money which is good for Haya. Haya is the late King Hussain's daughter and half sister of King Abdullah of Jordan, who has his own benefit relationship with Sheikh Mohammed, which is good for Mo. Plus Haya is popular in the western world due to her showjumping activities and gives Mo and Dubai the modern western touch which is good for both and for Dubai in the end. It could have been the 1001 night fairytale of the 21st century if there wasn't that small but revealing detail that Sheikh Mohammed remained married to his longstanding official wife, Sheika Hind. Being married to a husband who won't give up polygamy is definitely contradicting the "love match" theory that Haya desperately tries to implant into the western media.

I think this relationship is based on the benefit for both sides plus they have horses as a common interest. Sheikh Mohammed provides a platform for Haya's various activities that she could not pursue without his influence and money which is good for Haya. .

That was one advantage I forgot, horses. Sheik Mohammed certainly has some beautiful horses.

I've removed a few posts speculating about a new wife for Sheikh Mohammed. Please don't repeat gossip as until such news is confirmed it is merely hearsay.

thanks.
Warren
UAE moderator

Princess Haj

I think that Sheikh Mo loves her.. people do not understand just how competitive people are in.. when you are in sports..

She is or at least was in competitive sports with her horses.

Rumors fly over that... people create rumors for whatever reason.

I think that he loves her.. as he seems happy with her in photographs.

However, he does seem to have a lot of love for women in general.

And that is the message that I think that she is promoting, that no one is being oppressed over there, like the USA claims that they are. :flowers:

who is the mother of Sheikh Majid?
i really wanna know.. whats her name?
is there any pictures of her?

sheikh mohammed has three wives based on wat i kno: sheikha hind, princess haya, and a morrocan(dont kno if i spelled that rite)

the moroccan(i kno) woman is sheikh majid and sheikha maitha mother; she is not a public wife, she remains outside the media like sheikha hind, they exist but no one has seen them

so Im a bit confused, is there no pictures ever published of Sheikh's first wife?

Back
Top Bottom