Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 9: December 2014 -September 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. They have very different ages, come from different mothers and from different civilizations. How could they be all close to each other? And of course polygamy is supposed to be fully accepted there, furthermore I can not believe that all these mothers and all these kids are absolutely in harmony with the existence of the others, especially when so much money and power are involved.

Hamdan seems close to Mansoor and Ahmed. You see them all pictured together the most. :flowers:

Sheikh Marwan's mother is rumoured to be a German lady.

Hi Who is Wejdan_mr ? some people said that she's the daughter of H.H sh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is that true ?

Shaikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum today has inaugurated the exclusive Ladies Day at Design Days Dubai, the Middle East and South Asia’s only collectible design fair. Sheikha Latifa toured the Design Days Dubai ladies events which is now in its fourth edition.

Dubai Culture remains at the forefront in creating vibrant platforms that promote cultural exchange and innovation. This year a group of talented local artists designed Dubai Culture’s stand. The design was based on the three pillars that define Dubai Culture’s work, namely; heritage, culture and the arts, and also celebrated the richness of Arab cultural heritage.

WAM

Last edited:
Understand. Of course it is not easy to understand a new culture and follow new rules especially when you are so young.
I hope that they are not angry between them it would be a pity.
Does she return back some times?

You've got to sympathize with her, more than almost anyone else in that family. She moved to Dubai and converted to Islam before she was old enough to understand the ramifications of what she was doing. I wonder what, if any, conversation occurred between her and the adults in her life. The only person who had a real, personal interest in her in Dubai also has over 20 children and is trying to run a city-state. I have often wondered what exactly she would do. Attend university and pursue a career? Marry an Emirati who was completely culturally different from the men she knew growing up and live in a state of semi-purdah that would be foreign to her? Stay single and spend her days shopping?

It has probably taken her awhile to recognize some key facts:
1. Her numerous siblings have already formed alliances by age, being brought up together, having a mother in common, NOT having a mother in common, interests, personality traits and any number of other reasons.
2. The sisters closest to her in age are all from the so-called senior wife and seem to associate almost exclusively with each other, in a way that feels a bit creepy at times. In a family that adores babies, they have never even been photographed with their two youngest siblings nor with their oldest sister's children. Their mother, often portrayed as some sort of saint, is surely pulling the puppet strings on this, which is understandable since she has very few other outlets for power.
3. Females in the family fade into purdah with age.
4. There are two children in the family with European Christian mothers and they clearly bear the brunt of some sort of racism or prejudice by the tribe and possibly the family. If they didn't, Marwan would be a public figure and potential heir in the family. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him and he seems to have a better grip on himself than several of his brothers.
5. Speculatively, since Muslim women do not marry non-Muslim men, Mahra is in a very precarious position as she chooses a mate. She has virtually nothing in common with an Arab man and everything in common with a European man. She should not have converted in my opinion. She could have retained her native religion and culture and still have enjoyed an anonymous but supportive relationship with her dad.

I have often wondered what exactly she would do. Attend university and pursue a career? Marry an Emirati who was completely culturally different from the men she knew growing up and live in a state of semi-purdah that would be foreign to her? Stay single and spend her days shopping?

Attend university abroad and pursue her own career...

5. She could ..... and still have enjoyed an anonymous but supportive relationship with her dad.

She still have a supportive relationship with her dad.

4. There are two children in the family with European Christian mothers and they clearly bear the brunt of some sort of racism or prejudice by the tribe and possibly the family. If they didn't, Marwan would be a public figure and potential heir in the family. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him and he seems to have a better grip on himself than several of his brothers.

Being a public figure all the time in life because of lineage and tradition can be an even greater burden that must be managed with high conviction. Sometimes children do not want to bear such a responsibility being a public figure, but enjoy personal freedom, privacy and the lack of embeddedness in particular obligations. But make such a decision did not exclude them from the family heritage in general.

Last edited:
You've got to sympathize with her, more than almost anyone else in that family. She moved to Dubai and converted to Islam before she was old enough to understand the ramifications of what she was doing. I wonder what, if any, conversation occurred between her and the adults in her life. The only person who had a real, personal interest in her in Dubai also has over 20 children and is trying to run a city-state. I have often wondered what exactly she would do. Attend university and pursue a career? Marry an Emirati who was completely culturally different from the men she knew growing up and live in a state of semi-purdah that would be foreign to her? Stay single and spend her days shopping?

It has probably taken her awhile to recognize some key facts:
1. Her numerous siblings have already formed alliances by age, being brought up together, having a mother in common, NOT having a mother in common, interests, personality traits and any number of other reasons.
2. The sisters closest to her in age are all from the so-called senior wife and seem to associate almost exclusively with each other, in a way that feels a bit creepy at times. In a family that adores babies, they have never even been photographed with their two youngest siblings nor with their oldest sister's children. Their mother, often portrayed as some sort of saint, is surely pulling the puppet strings on this, which is understandable since she has very few other outlets for power.
3. Females in the family fade into purdah with age.
5. Speculatively, since Muslim women do not marry non-Muslim men, Mahra is in a very precarious position as she chooses a mate. She has virtually nothing in common with an Arab man and everything in common with a European man. She should not have converted in my opinion. She could have retained her native religion and culture and still have enjoyed an anonymous but supportive relationship with her dad.

Hello. Very detailed and interesting post.. Yes i sympathised with her because she is Greek and I'm Greek also. She also could be my daughter. So i m very interested about her story. Of course we know only what the Dubai diplomacy wants us to know, but they give us a glimpse of opinion.
The first question is WHY she moved at the age of 18 in Dubai? Was it a request of her father? If yes, i presume that since you accept to suddenly appear in full light as the daughter of a Muslim ruler, could you stay non MUSLIM?
Muslim posters feel free to reply to my question. My personnal opinion is NO, but I mught be wrong.
This girl in an tender age before the majority, changed everything in her life.
From an unkown middle class young girl (even with a good bank account) she suddenly changed social level and country. Even only these modifications are not easily bearable. Imagine a teen from Spain of Italy suddenly becoming a Princess of the United Kingdom! Not easy.
In top of that, she did a full immersion into another country, another civilization and another religion. All this a the age when her other mates dream to party and to shop.
Was she aware about the problems to face? I presume not herself, but her mom? Difficult to say. Mrs Grigorakos is a greek from diaspora, mainly brought up in USA and UK. International citizen, she might having underestimated the situation. Maybe she thought that this move to Dubai was similar to move to Spain ot Italy.
As for the Dubai family integration. I sincerely do not think that Sheikha Mahra expected to become close to her Dubai siblings, i believe both parties do not care for eachother.
Finally we should not be ashamed to talk about a very important reason:money. She is the daughter of a very very rich man. We do not know how he behaviored financially with her before. Of course, he was supporting to her, but as actually the UAE have an aura of excessive money and luxury, living iN the spot and being one of the official heirs of such a fortune, certainly is appealing. Even a young girl, and certainly the adults around her can be fascinated.
Finally the interesting point is that apparently there is no clash with her dad. Sheikh Mohammed seem modern. I do not think that a Saudi ruler would give such freedom to his young female kid.

Hi fandesacs,

Sharia law dictates that a non-Muslim may not inherit from a Muslim and that the legitimate child of a Muslim father is automatically a Muslim. However, there would have been no restriction on Mahra's father giving her non-inheritance monies. Additionally, since she was raised into her teens as a Christian, she could not be compelled against her will to convert unless she was willing. I believe she was probably told that conversion was a prerequisite to going public as an official member of the family. It seems easy when you're 16, but sharia is a complex legal system that impacts every part of life for the Muslim. Jews, who also have an involved system of law, actually discourage conversion to Judaism for this reason.

The only thing I disagree with you about a little is what she expected from her new family. I would be willing to bet that she did not understand the family dynamics of her new clan. Out of two dozen siblings, I'm sure she expected to find a few friends and allies. She appears to be her mother's only child and maybe she longed for a big family.

What she is doing now by openly dating is probably what her siblings feared from the minute they found out about her: a Western-reared sister who might dishonor the family reputation. So they carefully distanced themselves from her. Ironically, by isolating her they may have actually caused her to return to Europe and find a boyfriend and social life outside of Emirati cultural strictures.

Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 9: December 2014 -

Hi Reuniontrio, thanks for the explanation about sharia rules.
Changing religion/mentality/way of living is very difficult. But is much more difficult when you are young and you start your life, as Sheikha Mahra.
Imagine a young European woman marrying an Emirati and going to live there. It will be an effort to understand and follow the rules, but it is a conscious choice of life. At the age of marriage you made your life and your decisions, you do not want anymore to flirt or to party. So to adapt is feasible.
But what do we expect from a young european raised teenager girl? Not to date? Not to party or not to flirt openly? Follow rules since then uknown to her? Impossible.
It was expected that clash would arrive. And it arrived.

Last edited:
I don't think Sheikha Mahra's half-siblings have any room to judge her. Sheikh Rashid wouldn't pay his bills, dated a English girl and etc. Sheikh Hamdan was engaged and openly dating other girl. Sheikh Majid married against his family wishes and was stripped of his duties. Sheikha sheikha's husband Nasser Bin Hamad al Khalifa is accused torture. I think if they would have been more welcoming she would have stayed in Dubai. I think Sheikha Mahra is less of Sheikh Mo's worries, she just been a normal teen. It's not that hard to follow the rules in Dubai, Not like other Muslim countries. I think if your going marry a Emirati man, Western women need to know the laws first before she takes that step.

how come sheikha mayram or futtaim don't talk to her?

also whenever mahra did something in the press it seems that sheikha Maryam the 1st did something I think it was Maryam 1st who released it on instagram. I don't know but it seems a bit tit for tat

Salam and Hello all,

Just want to ask everyone one question. Did Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed get engaged or bethrotted during last 2 months? Anybody knows anything about it?

Thanks in advance.

as-salāmu ʿaláikum! I'm newbie ¿Do you know if Sheikh Rashid is using again the social networks? I follow this instagram account time ago but I don't know if it is his official. Thanks in advance!

as-salāmu ʿaláikum! I'm newbie ¿Do you know if Sheikh Rashid is using again the social networks? I follow this instagram account time ago but I don't know if it is his official. Thanks in advance!

Welcome MoonRhapsody :flowers: I don't think his using social networks again. I haven't seen no new pictures or info about him and no one on other royal blogs and forums have mention anything about him. They are a fan instagram page for Rashid though, but no official instagram page.

Welcome MoonRhapsody :flowers: I don't think his using social networks again. I haven't seen no new pictures or info about him and no one on other royal blogs and forums have mention anything about him. They are a fan instagram page for Rashid though, but no official instagram page.

Thank you so much :) @lucimae88. It caught my attention that this account follows nobody but has between its followers these accounts:

@maryam_mr_al_maktoum (Hind's daughter)
@shmahra_m1 (Sheikha Mahra)
@sh__mrm (Sheikha Shaikha)
@maktoum_mrm (Maktoum)
@mmbinrashid (Sheikha Manal)
@noor_al_m7 [Maktoum family close friend]
@maryam_mrm (Moroccan wife's daughter)
@mansoorbinmohammed
@latifaalmaktoum (cousin)
@rashidalmaktoum (cousin)
@alk7aileh_almaktoum (Sheikha Fatima /cousin)
@wejdan_mr (Futtaim calls her "mother, sister and friend" so can we consider her as Moh's daughter like some rumours said?)
@mamanooora (don't know exactly who she is but what I know for sure is she's a beloved person to all Al Maktoums).

Kind of interesting, doesn't it, friends?

Last edited:
Thank you so much :) @lucimae88. It caught my attention that this account follows nobody but has between its followers these accounts:

@maryam_mr_al_maktoum (Hind's daughter)
@shmahra_m1 (Sheikha Mahra)
@sh__mrm (Sheikha Shaikha)
@maktoum_mrm (Maktoum)
@mmbinrashid (Sheikha Manal)
@noor_al_m7 [Maktoum family close friend]
@maryam_mrm (Moroccan wife's daughter)
@mansoorbinmohammed
@latifaalmaktoum (cousin)
@rashidalmaktoum (cousin)
@alk7aileh_almaktoum (Sheikha Fatima /cousin)
@wejdan_mr (Futtaim calls her "mother, sister and friend" so can we consider her as Moh's daughter like some rumours said?)
@mamanooora (don't know exactly who she is but what I know for sure is she's a beloved person to all Al Maktoums).

Kind of interesting, doesn't it, friends?

maktoum_mrm is a fan account for sure. Asked one of his closest friends.

maktoum_mrm is a fan account for sure. Asked one of his closest friends.

Thank you so much for the info @Fatima.Qureshi :flowers: oh btw, I'm really interested in your previous question (about Sheikh Maktoum possible engagement). Hope someone could bring some light about it.

I noticed that at the begining of this thread (Part 9) on Sheikh Ahmed's info, it doesn't mention about his engagement. Is it still going on? Thank you for your kind info!

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about Sheikh Maktoum being engaged, I asked my friends in Jordan and Dubai and they haven't heard nothing neither. Sheikh Ahmed isn't engaged, I think he was but it was broken off.

Thank you so much for the info @Fatima.Qureshi :flowers: oh btw, I'm really interested in your previous question (about Sheikh Maktoum possible engagement). Hope someone could bring some light about it.

I noticed that at the begining of this thread (Part 9) on Sheikh Ahmed's info, it doesn't mention about his engagement. Is it still going on? Thank you for your kind info!

I asked another person close to a person very close to an Al-Maktoum man, and he said Sheikh Maktoum did not get engaged. That man personally confirmed it from that cool insider who is his friend as well :flowers:. So thank you anybody who tried finding the answer for me. Don't know about Sheikh Ahmed though. I think his engagement ended long time back.

Last edited:
Both - Shaikh Maktoum and Shaikh Ahmed - are not engaged yet.

Last edited:
@lucymae88, @Fatima.Qureshi, @Imanmajed Thank you so much for your info! :flowers:

Since both, along with Sheikh Saeed, are the "low profile" guys, it's very difficult to find info about them.

@lucymae88, @Fatima.Qureshi, @Imanmajed Thank you so much for your info! :flowers:

Since both, along with Sheikh Saeed, are the "low profile" guys, it's very difficult to find info about them.

Yes you are right. Although, Sheikh Saeed is not even on the radar, Sheikh Maktoum is an important person - I believe more significant than Sheikh Hamdan, due to his broad role play in the governance comparatively. And this guy Maktoum is too private to have his personal life details go public. Just realized his friends know this quite well and they too make every effort to guard Sheikh Maktoum's privacy fiercely. I believe he is doing himself a great favour so people don't hound him or his woman (if any in future) like his older brothers. However, as far as Hamdan's privacy goes, I think he enjoys all the attention showered on him through social media specifically.

Sheikh Maktoum is an very important person. He has accompanied the President of UAE Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan on numerous conferences, summits, and official visits and His father Sheikh Mo on many International, Political and economic conferences. I think out of all Sheikh Mo's son's, His the one Sheikh Mo trusts the most. Sheikh Mo has giving him a lot more responsible and freedom, that he hasn't give his other sons. Sheikh Saeed is still young, he might pop up on the radar in the future. I think all the Al Maktoum boys like the all attention they get from the media.

I think all the Al Maktoum boys like the all attention they get from the media.

I do not agree with you...most of them pay more attention to their privacy ....

Last edited:
I do not agree with you...most of them pay more attention to their privacy ....

I agree with you. I think when it comes to their privacy and certain other parts of their lives they are very private and work hard to keep it private. But I think they also like being the center of attention and all the perks being a Al Maktoum gets them too. :)

Hi one of hamdan's brother (I don't remember the name but it's one of the Hind's son) was engage to a girl named Madhya I wanna know if it still the case or it's canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom