Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya current events 2: April 2006-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Approach. What a nice name. So simbolic.

New Approach. What a nice name. So simbolic.
It's certainly symbolic of the new Dubai that Sheikh Mohammed's vision is creating out of the desert sands.

Haya & Mo were in Newmarket this weekend. Her - or rather his - runner New Approach was unexpectedly beaten by a nose by a runner from Mo's archrivals, the irish racing operation Coolmore. This and the Godolphin horse finishing 10th will have spoilt any celebrations on the day, I am sure. By the way, Haya should not give any interviews. She presents herself like a little girl who doesn't have the clue. When being asked about the chances of her runner (the favourite) she said oh please ask Sheikh Mohammed because he's the expert, giving the impression like she's not allowed to have an opinion. Why have the horse run in her colours then? OK, that's Mo politics anyway but she could at least have pretended to have any knowledge and give the usual bla bla statement.

If you can't stand to loose, don't play the game. That's my opinion.
And I'm curious: where did you see the interview with Haya? I searched on the net but can't find it. I agree on the interview techniques of Haya. I once saw her all giggling and looking totally foolish. I think it was when Mo bought her a (the?) horse and she was asked how she felt. Anyway, when her hubby is around, Haya seems to turn into a helpless little girl. I don't understand anything about their relation but it sure is fascinating !:flowers:

Sheikh Mohammed is always a fair and gracious loser, a good sportsman, but it will have annoyed him tremendeously, especially the way it happened, beaten by a nose and by the Coolmore Operation. New Approach was bought not to only to win races but to have an unbeaten record when going to stud - that aim is in tatters now.
The interview was on TV in the UK (Channel 4), not sure if it's on their website. It's quite strange to see, Haya is 34 but wears a dowdy suit that she can still wear in 30 years time but when she opens her mouth you think she's 15. Then, she is the "public" wife but still behaves as if her husband has to allow her to speak before she then gives one of these silly girly statements. What's going on there behind the scenes only god knows. They have such a strange body language despite being a couple and those appearances before the races are more or less a photoshoot, His Highness shortly emerges from his large entourage to team up with Haya and do a quick statement before returning to his people, leaving her standing around as if she did not belong to him or the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the event on tv ... also the UAE's National Under -19 soccer team today snatched Asian Cup :flowers::)

Sheikh Mohammed was at the Kentucky Derby yesterday, 2 May 2009. He had a horse named 'Regal Ransom' that came in 8th place. NBC (an American tv channel) interviewed him briefly before the race. Princess Haya was with him, and she looked absolutely beautiful in an elegant black and white outfit and hat. I wish that I had the footage to post here, but sadly I do not.

SGL-I agree with you as to how P.Haya was dressed for the Derby. Stunning! Though there were only a few seconds of seeing her, I was struck by the expression on her face. She seemed to be fighting back tears. She looked very sad. I felt sorry for her. Also, I'm sure I saw Rashid with Mo and Haya. His very good filly, Game Face, was running, but threw in a poor race this time.

Here's a photo from the derby. WAM

I'm pretty sure that photo wasn't taken on Saturday at the KY Derby!

When Sheikh Mohammed was interviewed on NBC TV before the Derby in the saddling paddock, Princess Haya had on a beige suit and Sheikh Mohammed was in a dark suit. Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed was there in the background. Didnt see any other sons.

Here's a photo taken at the Derby on Saturday
H o r s e P h o t o s . c o m

Here's an article concerning the Maktoum's airplane controversy and tipping policy at the airport:

Airport won't provide Maktoum guards - Latest News - Kentucky.com

Saturday, May. 02, 2009
Airport won't provide Maktoum guards
Tipping personnel raised flap in 2007

By Jennifer Hewlett - jhewlett@herald-leader.com

Blue Grass Airport public safety officers won't be guarding a plane that carried at least one member of the royal family of Dubai to Lexington on Friday.

In 2007 and 2008, the airport provided security for VIP planes parked at the airport, including those belonging to the Maktoum family of Dubai. But now, in light of a spending scandal at the airport, officials have stopped the practice.

Gobbedsmacked- you're right! That is not the Ky. Derby. You only have to note the sunglasses. The sun did NOT shine on my old Kentucky home this Derby Day.

The picture caption says the English/British derby. I think this was a race in the UK before heading to the States

The Epsom Derby is only in June. The picture is from last Sunday in Newmarket where Mo and Haya went straight from Kentucky to witness the 1000 Guineas. Mo's Godolphin horse finished 13th (his brother Hamdan won the race), adding to the disappointing results in Kentucky and in the 2000 Guineas in Newmarket on Saturday.

The Press Association: Devotee to race in US

Goddess - the sun did not shine in Newmarket either ;) Those sunglasses and Lady Di dior bag were a bit much drama in this environment.

I saw her during BBC interview and she looks great. Yesterday she wore blue outfit.

what ever happened to their child? i know that a lot of royals are photographed with their children at various "public" events. rania and abdullah are often photographed with their children. other than a pic of her at the olympics, she has been M. I. A.

Picture of Princess Haya + Sheikh Mohammed taken today in Kentucky, USA where they are attending a race horse auction:

http://www.paulickreport.com/wp-content/uploads/image/Sheikh%20Mohammed_2009%20sale.jpg

...At 10:05, Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai and the industry’s leading buyer of Thoroughbreds, popped out of a black Escalade, with an entourage of eight in tow, including his wife, Princess Haya, and bloodstock agent John Ferguson. There had been some speculation that the sheikh, who was on the sale grounds looking at horses over the weekend, may have left for his home and would not attend the auction personally. He always seems to spend more money when he’s here, so his presence is indeed welcome news for all horse sellers. Ferguson, the sheikh and his wife ducked into a private meeting room, presumably to plan their strategy for the day. He had a cell phone glued to his ear the entire time, suggesting there may be some business to attend to at home...

Article: Paulick Report » Blog Archive » LIVE BLOGGING THE 2009 KEENELAND SEPTEMBER YEARLING SALE: DAY ONE
Another photo of Princess Haya and her husband Sheikh Mohammed at the horse auction. They don't look very happy here ?? - H o r s e P h o t o s . c o m

Good to get another picture from the event. Oitty now only one is out, I remember past years we used to get alot of pictures.
Haya looks quite fresh and radiant. I like the soft/hardly no make up look.

EDIT

another picture from inside the auction

Last edited:
haha... Shk Mo's sneakers are "pimpin". haha JK. There a little high dont ya think? Im liking Haya's jeans... and flats.

:previous: So, she accompanied her husband today. Nice photo Xavi! :flowers: She looks very beautiful in this lovely red thoub!

Princess Haya looks very pretty in this picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom