Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid - َِAnniversaries of his accession to the throne

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid - َِAnniversaries of his accession to the throne

Sheikh Mohammed's 4th anniversary to power

Celebrations started in Dubai since yesterday Dec 3, 2010.
Today Dec 4, 2010 Sheikh Mohammed will officially open Burj Dubai which is the tallest building in the world.

On this occassion Sheikha Hind, Sheikh Mohammeds wife said

"His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has a big heart that embraces everyone with love, affection and care. His benevolence towards children is remarkable and ... - read more here

Mohammed bin Rashid meets well-wishers
Article ** Picture

Mohammed attends poetry evening
Article ** Picture

Sheikh Mohammed's 4th anniversary to power

Celebrations started in Dubai since yesterday Dec 3, 2010.
Today Dec 4, 2010 Sheikh Mohammed will officially open Burj Dubai which is the tallest building in the world.

On this occassion Sheikha Hind, Sheikh Mohammeds wife said

Mohammed bin Rashid meets well-wishers
Article ** Picture

Mohammed attends poetry evening
Article ** Picture

Thanks Dazz, I guess you mean January and not December ;)

Its remarkable to see that as soon as its about Dubai and its people, about Mo as their leader, its Sheikha Hind and not Haya who the media is referring to since for Dubai natives she is the rulers wife that matters, since she is family, not Haya.

I was in Dubai four years ago when the news came that Sheikh Maktoum suddenly died in Australia and still recall the mourning and deep affenction shown by the Dubai people. The Dubai natives were truly devastated since Maktoum was seen as a healthy counterbalance to Mohammeds globalisation plans, he was a very much loved leader, thats for sure.

Strong rumors in the UAE that Hamdan will jump off the Burj today at the opening.

first of all,congrats to sh mo for burj dubai!
secondly,there r rumour that the well known SPIDER MAN will jump from burj dubai.
thirdly,dazzling i want to ask whether u got the invitation for burj dubai inauguration?if yes,then can u post the invitation if possible.

first of all,congrats to sh mo for burj dubai!
secondly,there r rumour that the well known SPIDER MAN will jump from burj dubai.
thirdly,dazzling i want to ask whether u got the invitation for burj dubai inauguration?if yes,then can u post the invitation if possible.

I wouldnt be suprised if it was spider man. Doesnt look like Hamdan since he is seend by his father side.
All of Sheikh Mohammeds sons even Sheikh Saeed is attendign but no Rashid.
No I didnt get an invitationn :sad: Alot of people turned up to watch the opening,more than expected.

Strong rumors in the UAE that Hamdan will jump off the Burj today at the opening.

I wonder what is wrong with people? Why would they even start a rumor like that. Hamdan is a little childish sometimes but not that childish to jump off a building in front of his family... And press. LOL. People make up the stupidest rumors ever! Thanks for sharing Dazzling because I've never heard that before.

Sheikh Mohammed opens the Burj Khalifa... There is also a video of the spectacular fireworks show that made me feel like I was in disney land after watching it! haha
Burj Khalifa

A handout from Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum's media office shows Sheikh Mohammad (R), the ruler of Dubai, inaugurating the Burj Dubai tower, the tallest skyscraper in the world, during its opening ceremony in Dubai January 4, 2010. Dubai opened the world's tallest structure on Monday, and a statement said it was 828 metres (2,717 ft) high. Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed renamed the tower Burj Khalifa after the president of the United Arab Emirates and the ruler of the neighboring emirate of Abu Dhabi.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Video of Sheikh Mohammed and his entourage leaving after the opening. While the fireworks and all displays were over, Sheikh Mohammed, Crown Princes and Sheikhs went walking through the crowd which was no planned at all. Security had to make way which was very tight and people were trying to shack hand with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNccLZAiRg

and here is a video (in Arabic) where Sheikh Mohammed suprises everyone with the change of name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qn9TUoSc-o

Last edited:
I understand why it was renamed, but I still thing it was a nice gesture.
I assume Sheikh Mohammed was not forced into renaming the building.

I understand why it was renamed, but I still thing it was a nice gesture.
I assume Sheikh Mohammed was not forced into renaming the building.

No he was not forced, it was a personal choice.
Lets not all forget that it is normal to name buildings, roads after leaders & rulers in the UAE.

Emiratis hail Mohammad's vision to make Dubai global destination
Article

No he was not forced, it was a personal choice.
Lets not all forget that it is normal to name buildings, roads after leaders & rulers in the UAE.

Emiratis hail Mohammad's vision to make Dubai global destination
Article

I agree. After all, Sheikh Khalifa is the President of the UAE and it was very nice form Sheikh Mohammed to name the building with this name.:flowers:

Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum inaugurates Burj Khalifa or Burj Dubai, tallest building in the world with 828 meter height, named after the Emirates president Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on January 4, 2010.

Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Burji khalifa when khalifa dont give money mohammed al maktoum burji al maktoum. And sheikh mohammed al maktoum must khalifa al nahyan question.al nahyan is very good men,when he dont give mohammed he cant open burji khalifa

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid - anniversary of his accession

On Monday the UAE celebrate the 10th anniversary of the accession of Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid as Ruler of Dubai. He is a remarkable leader not only nationally, but also regionally and globally. It is a day for celebration and for giving thanks.

Under his wise guidance Dubai has developed rapidly and witnessed a sustained economic boom, despite the global economic crisis of 2008. He has helped position the emirate – and the nation at large – for the future by strengthening the non-oil economy. Construction, travel, tourism and retail; all have blossomed under his stewardship.

His other achievements last year include the establishment of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives foundation. The foundation will consolidate the work of 28 aid organisations such as Dubai Cares, UAE Water Aid and the blindness-prevention charity Noor Dubai, and will carry out more than 1,400 humanitarian programmes in 116 countries.

In the 10 years that Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid has been Ruler of Dubai, the emirate has not only defied a global economic crisis, but emerged from it bigger, better, stronger, smarter – and happier.

The President, Shaikh Khalifa, on Saturday congratulated Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid before Monday’s 10th anniversary of his accession as Ruler of Dubai.

article 1 *** article 2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom