Ruling Family of Dubai Current Events 2: Sep 2011 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the boy has the name: Sheikh Hamdan bin Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum. It is the first child for the couple after many miscarriages.

I am sure there is a term for many many many congratulations! I am just barely able to say Inshallah! In my own limited way. But I do say that I am so terribly please that this little fellow made it here. Maybe he will go great things. Sometimes getting here is half the battle or even 3/4 of the battle and the rest is easy! ::flowers: :heart: :flowers:

I think we talk about different Saeeds from the al Maktoums. SO wich Saeed you mean?
Yes I do mean shiekha Hind's brother. He is always with shiekh Hamdan.
I do not know the name of his wife as it is never mentioned to me before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here the picture of the newborn Sheikh Hamdan bin Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum minutes after birth with his father Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma al Maktoum. Mabrook!!!! Alf Mabrook!!!! (congratulations)

544668_349127268489735_153843644684766_912234_1122770291_n.jpg

Last edited:
:previous:
It is Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed bin Khalifa al Maktoum. His grandfather Khalifa was the brother of the grandfather of CP Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum.

Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma al Maktoum (b.1 October 1976) & his wife had a son, Hamdan, on 4 June.

Source: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2012.

UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has made an inspection tour to the new Emirates Airlines terminal at the Dubai International Airport today.
He was accompanied by Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chief Executive of Emirates Group Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum.
The new terminal, which is set to officially open in January 2013, will have an annual capacity of 19 million passengers.

Mohammed Bin Rashid , accompanied by Hamdan Bin Mohammed, inspects Emirates Airlines’ new terminal at

Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Rashid al-Maktoum (b.1 October 1976) & his wife had a son, Hamdan, on 4 June.

Source: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2012.

Saeed bin Maktoum bin Juma al Maktoum become a father on 4th June a son named Hamdan. Sh. Saeed bin Maktoum bin Rashid al Maktoum is the nephew of the current ruler and I havn´t heard, that he become a father on 04th June. He has two wifes and eight children.

Of course "bin Juma". My mistake, sorry.

You have the birth date wrong it's 1964 if you are talking about sh. Hamdan's uncil :)

;) Biri had rather got the wrong "uncle" in her first post......;), mean the cousin of Sh. Hamdan, not the uncle.

Last edited:
His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai has ordered the implementation of the Berwaz Tower — Dubai Land Mark project at Zabeel Park — Dubai.

Shaikh Mohammad viewed the map of the tourist project in the presence of Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, and Shaikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai.

gulfnews : UAE Vice-President orders implementation of Berwaz tower

"UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum met today at the Atlantis with leaders and representatives of local, Arab and foreign media organizations. The gathering was attended by Dubai Crown Prince Dubai Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs and President of National Media Council Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan." ....

More:
Mohammed Bin Rashid meets local and international media representatives , in the presence of Hamdan Bin Mohammed | H.H Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Fazza

AE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum received Federal National Council Speaker Mohammed Ahmed Al Murr and FNC members who came to congratulate Sheikh Mohammed on the advent of the holy month of Ramadan.They wished Sheikh Mohammed and UAE leadership good health and progress, prosperity and stability to the people of the UAE.

The meeting, which took place at Za’abeel Palace today, was held in the presence of Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Dubai Deputy Ruler Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Mohammed Bin Rashid receives FNC Speaker and members, in the presence of Hamdan Bin Mohammed

Hello I don't know if you can help me. I had the pleasure looking after the King of Dubai Al Maktoumb when he visited Australia before he passed I am wanting to contact some member of his family or the palace whatever is appropriate. Can someone help me pls

Hello I don't know if you can help me. I had the pleasure looking after the King of Dubai Al Maktoumb when he visited Australia before he passed I am wanting to contact some member of his family or the palace whatever is appropriate. Can someone help me pls

Main problem: We havn´t a King in UAE nor in Dubai. The current ruler of Dubai is HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum (that would be the correct name of him if you want to write him a mail). He is also the vice president of UAE and the prime minister. The late ruler of Dubai was HH Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum. (HH before the name means His Highness)

If you wish to speak to the current ruler of Dubai in an affair, then you should contact his office with email: UAE Prime Minister

Last edited:
I thought most of you would enjoy this picture of shiekh Hamdan with his uncil shiekh Ahmed bin Rashid ( shiekh Mohammed' s brother)
Here is the link
Facebook

i have a questionabout the realtatinship between SHeikh Zayed bin sultan and Sheikh rashid when ever i see photographs of them they seem close is this true can anyone else shed more light on this

Australiagirl said:

You mean the late sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum , Ruler of Dubai ,he passed away 7 years ago in Australia , you can contact Ruler of Dubai office

i have a questionabout the realtatinship between SHeikh Zayed bin sultan and Sheikh rashid when ever i see photographs of them they seem close is this true can anyone else shed more light on this

Dear snapcrackle,

Yes, thats true. Their relationship was very strong. Both was the strongest and powerful rulers in the region of UAE at this time. Sheikh Zayed was from the Al bu Falah tribe and Sheikh Rashid was from the Al Falasi or now called Al Falasah tribe. Both tribes are from the section of the Bani Yas, a highly respected and authoritative tribal federation that has been the dominant power throughout most of what is now the UAE. In 1833, a large, influential group of the Bani Yas moved to Dubai under the leadership of Maktoum bin Buti bin Maktoum al Falasi (later al Maktoum) and Ubaid bin Said al Falasi. As befits a tribe from which so many noble families have come, the members of the tribes federation are well known for their patronage of, and involvement in, the literary arts. They are also renowned for their generosity, hospitality and chivalry, as were their Bedouin forefathers.

Both Sheikhs (Zayed and Rashid) played an important role in the formation of the UAE. After England in 1967 proclaimed to pull back from the Gulf, the difficulties of decolonization announced itself. Therefore, Sheikh Zayed and Sheikh Rashid met frequently to joint discussions. Most of the meetings had been held in Sheikh Rashid´s house in Dubai. By the end of the year 1967 Sheikh Rashid met with Sheikh Zayed at the Za`abeel Palace in Dubai (not the same Za´abeel Palace like today) to discuss an equal union between the two sheikdoms (Abu Dhabi and Dubai). Thus Zayed assumed chairmanship of the next meeting, an important occassion given that Abu Dhabi and Dubai hoped to bring on a table the other sheikhdoms and the British Gulf protectorades Qatar and Bahrain.

By December 1971 Sheikh Rashid and Sheikh Zayed welcome the other rulers of the sheikhdoms in Rashid´s guest house in Al Dhiyafah. In an official ceremony they founded the UAE initially consisting of six emirates. In the spring of 1972 entered Ras al Khaimah in the UAE then. Bahrain and Qatar decided against it.

The relationship of Sheikh Zayed and Sheikh Rashid was also cemented by the marriage of Sheikh Rashid with Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, daughter of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed bin Khalifa al Nahyan (b. 1881 - d. 1922, one of the most respected former rulers of Abu Dhabi and his wife Shamsa bint Mirijen). One of the kids of the couple (Rashid al Maktoum and Latifa al Nahyan) is HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, the current ruler of Dubai and vice president of UAE.

Last edited:
You mean the late sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum , Ruler of Dubai ,he passed away 7 years ago in Australia , you can contact Ruler of Dubai office

HH Sheikh Maktoum died on 4 January 2006 during a trip to Australia at the Palazzo Versace hotel on the Gold Coast in Queensland. His death was 6 years ago. :flowers:

On the tour Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai; Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai.

Mohammed inspires students on first day of school
Article and picture

Gallery and video

does anyone know is sheikh ahmed bin rashid al maktoum has any kids .

you never hear about him
I have a confusion. Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum and Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Are they both different people. In one of the article in Wikipedia, it says that Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is the son of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, the brother of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum and the uncle of the current Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (despite being nine years younger than him). Please help me understand.

:previous:

They are two different people.

Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is the son of Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum; he was Sheikh Saeed's last son and was born the year his father died.
Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum (1878–1958) -> Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum (born 1958)

Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the fourth and youngest son of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, himself the eldest son of Saeed bin Maktoum:
Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum (1878–1958) -> Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (1912 - 1990)-> Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (born 1950).

When Ahmed bin Saeed was born, his brother (Rashid bin Saeed) was already married and 7 of his children were already born; only his 2 youngest children (Sheikha Al-Futtaim and Sheikha Sheikha born respectively in 1959 and 1960) are younger then their uncle, Ahmed bin Saeed.

Last edited:
I have a confusion. Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum and Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Are they both different people. In one of the article in Wikipedia, it says that Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is the son of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, the brother of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum and the uncle of the current Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (despite being nine years younger than him). Please help me understand.

Both are different persons. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed bin Maktoum al Maktoumwas born 1958. He is the Chairman of Emirates Group, the President of Department of Civil Aviation and Chairman of Dubai World.
HH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum :: Dubai World

Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashid bin Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum was born 1950. He is the Deputy Chairman of Dubai Police & Public Security. He is the fourth and youngest son of the late ruler of Dubai , Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum. His brother Sheikh Mohammed is the current ruler of Dubai.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed is the son of Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum. Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum was the the father of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed bin Maktoum and the grandfather of Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid bin Saeed. And so Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed is the youngest brother of the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed. And in this way Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed is the uncle of Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid. In this case, the uncle was born eight years after the birth of his own nephew.

Last edited:
Both are different persons. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed bin Maktoum al Maktoumwas born 1958. He is the Chairman of Emirates Group, the President of Department of Civil Aviation and Chairman of Dubai World.
HH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum :: Dubai World

Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashid bin Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum was born 1950. He is the Deputy Chairman of Dubai Police & Public Security. He is the fourth and youngest son of the late ruler of Dubai , Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum. His brother Sheikh Mohammed is the current ruler of Dubai.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed is the son of Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum. Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum was the the father of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed bin Maktoum and the grandfather of Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid bin Saeed. And so Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed is the uncle of Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid.
Thanks a lot for your wonderful explanation. Please share each of their pictures to make it more simple. Thanks once again.

Last edited:
Early 40's. Sheikh Ahmed was once engaged to her when she was in her 20's and then broke it off (dont know who did and why).
Can you give more details on Sheikh Obaid bin Thani Al Maktoum and his daughter Mona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom