Princess Haya expecting 2nd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see so many unhappy individuals who are doing jobs they are not really interested in and live lifes they didn´t chose or have partners they only married for strategic reasons....
Like most of the royals lol

Hmmm...I´m sure there are many,at least they have enough money for retail therapy;-)
But I´m sure that modern royals have much more choices and personal freedom than some hundred years ago (at least in Europe),were some were forced into marriages when they were still teenagers or became king/queen when they were still children and adults completely managed their private and public affairs :argh:

Back to the topic,are there new pictures from Haya?I am soo curious if it´s going to be a boy or a girl,I am sure that the people involved already know but I don´t....so it´s a little bit like christmas,you never know what you are going to get until the special day arrives:D It´s good to see her that happy,she seems to truly enjoy the mother role and caring for other people.:flowers:

Alia is a beautiful name.

Back to the topic,are there new pictures from Haya?

No she usually hasn´t many engagements during year. But next month she will have some events.

My favourite female names in Arabic so far: Alia,Latifa,Maryam and Aisha :)
There is a great song for a girl named Aisha and it really sounds beautiful in my ears:wub:
The only problem with Maryam and Latifa is that there already some in the Al Maktoum family and it would be better to chose a name that is not so widly used IMO.
There´s a list with Arabic boy names and their meaning masculine arabic names
I like the names Hamzah,Faisal and Khaled - as far as I know there are no men with this name in the Al Maktoum family (correct me if I´m wrong!) Hamzah will probably be ignored because of Prince Hamzah from Jordan but I would be happy for a boy named Khaled because of the writer Khaled Hosseini,he writes wonderful books and maybe P.Haya´s son/daughter will follow the tradition and write poems?

My favourite female names in Arabic so far: Alia,Latifa,Maryam and Aisha :)
There is a great song for a girl named Aisha and it really sounds beautiful in my ears:wub:
The only problem with Maryam and Latifa is that there already some in the Al Maktoum family and it would be better to chose a name that is not so widly used IMO.
There´s a list with Arabic boy names and their meaning masculine arabic names
I like the names Hamzah,Faisal and Khaled - as far as I know there are no men with this name in the Al Maktoum family (correct me if I´m wrong!) Hamzah will probably be ignored because of Prince Hamzah from Jordan but I would be happy for a boy named Khaled because of the writer Khaled Hosseini,he writes wonderful books and maybe P.Haya´s son/daughter will follow the tradition and write poems?

In the UAE, they have their own traditional names that they like to keep trending, so for the boy, i guess it's Sheikh Mohd who will choose the name, and it can be Zayed, unless Haya insists to name the baby after her dad.
But then we're not sure if it's a boy, but i just feel it is. :D

In the UAE, they have their own traditional names that they like to keep trending, so for the boy, i guess it's Sheikh Mohd who will choose the name, and it can be Zayed, unless Haya insists to name the baby after her dad.
But then we're not sure if it's a boy, but i just feel it is. :D

I have the same feeling ! but jalila will be happier to have a sister :p

I am not sure if Sheikh Mohammed has more influence on the names,why didn´t he name any other son after S.Zayed if he really wants it?Sheikh Zayed was very popular and important for the UAE,I know that there are many typical names for every region in the Arab world and I didn´t hear the name Zayed before I read about the Arabian peninsula,however he´s more associated with Abu Dhabi than Dubai which would explain why none of S.Mo´s sons received his name...
I believe that women still have more rights to decide the name of the child,after all they have to endure all the inconvenience and discomfort that comes with a pregnancy and giving birth & as long as she doesn´t chose a really terrible name that will get him/her bullied at school or laughed about the mother should have the say ;-)
I like the tradition of naming babies after grandparents,aunts/uncles or dear friends,I also know women who name them after their favourite book character or historic persons.

usualy here you name after a person after they pass away (unless you are a son)..
thats why sh.mo did not name any of his kids Zayed

usualy here you name after a person after they pass away (unless you are a son)..
thats why sh.mo did not name any of his kids Zayed
Not necessary when they pass away, Sheikh Mohd named his sons after his brothers when they were all alive. Sheikh Maktoum has a son named Zayed.
Same thing, for Sheikha Hessa, she named her daughter Hind after her mother & she's still alive.
In general, you name your kids after people that means alot to you, parents, siblings...

i have a feeling that they will surprise us with the name of the baby:)
i personally was surprised with the name Aljalila..its super cute name though.

I feel exactly the same, I never expected Haya´s first baby to be named Al Jalila and I´m sure we will be surprised again! Al Jalila sounds very nice and cute and is a novelty among S.Mohammeds children - Before her I always expected P.Haya to name her children after her parents because she often talks about them with great affection (especially her father) but now I´m sure she will definitely chose a new name,so let´s wait & see!

Not necessary when they pass away, Sheikh Mohd named his sons after his brothers when they were all alive. Sheikh Maktoum has a son named Zayed.
Same thing, for Sheikha Hessa, she named her daughter Hind after her mother & she's still alive.
In general, you name your kids after people that means alot to you, parents, siblings...

i ment unless it is a first relative son/brother/daughter
in many cases a named after person will refuse to be named after and askes for a name instead...

Thanks for the article. Salma did mention a while ago that Princess Haya was due in January when we knew she was pregnant. Sometimes articles search on forums and publish the news, I wonder if this is the case or they do really know when she is due.

oh we should start a thread about possible names of the new child ! but I wonder why haya made it to India and not to Rio ..

Thanks for the article. Salma did mention a while ago that Princess Haya was due in January when we knew she was pregnant. Sometimes articles search on forums and publish the news, I wonder if this is the case or they do really know when she is due.

Those are mr. Ellis' own words.
I don't think he has time or is interested in searching on royal forums for a due date.
I think he has some inside information, that he used to explain why a seven months pregnant lady does not fly to Rio

oh we should start a thread about possible names of the new child ! but I wonder why haya made it to India and not to Rio ..
The events were canceled days ago: her assistance to General Assembly, a gala dinner in her honour and finally this year she will not attend the FEI awards.

Fly to Rio is a long travel.

I think she will be in due earlier , look what I found in twitter page of Horse and Hound :
The princess and fei president is due to have a baby in the next few weeks

Well, up to January there are only 7 weeks left (not much for a pregnancy)
Time flies!
Baby can be born in time (a terme) between three weeks before and two weeks after due date.

Anyway rumours already in August 2011 spoke about a second birth for the beginning of 2012 and different more reliable sources speak about January, so I assume that due date is somewhere in January

Last edited:
possible names for princess haya 2nd baby

well I will start ; I think he is a boy and I guess Hussein or Hamzah and if a baby girl then Zein or alia

Well, why do we exclude the names from the father's side? What about second Rashid, or another Maktoum - if it is a boy. If it is a girl - I have no proposals. However, it will be a way more thrilling as long as we learn the name when baby is born.

there is no second Rashid or Maktoum/ you cant name two boys from the same father the same name (its different with girls) because shildren here are named after fathers not mothers so even if they have two latifas and two maryams they will never have two boys with the same name! unless the son dies then they name a seond boy after him like the case with muteb king abdullahs son.

Oh, so I have been really poor-informed. Thank you lady blue for clarifying this issue.

For a boy:
Isa - A Prophet's name (Jesus)

For a girl:

Nazirah - Like, equal, matching

In no particular order:

For a girl: Farzana, Sumaiya and Nadine

For a boy: Shamir, Wafiq or Nayif

there is no second Rashid or Maktoum/ you cant name two boys from the same father the same name (its different with girls) because shildren here are named after fathers not mothers so even if they have two latifas and two maryams they will never have two boys with the same name! unless the son dies then they name a seond boy after him like the case with muteb king abdullahs son.
but sheikh Maktoum bin Rashed (the late ruler) also has two sons with the name Mohammed......

I am sure somthing is not true about that , either one of them is dead or not officially named on paper with that name or the only other possibility is that one of them is double named like for example mohammed-albadr , hebat allah.
like with prince Hashim from jordan has two daughters named halat alnoor and rayat alnoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom