Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turkish Delight

Heir Apparent
City
Istanbul
Country
Turkey
He appreciates to Hind.
His favourite is always Hind.
Children are always with their mum.
Hind does lots of things for Dubai.

Who’s with you today,
Tomorrow the days will be against you
Remember the day I used to like you,
You were the only one,
You’re the lucky one you would like me to look for someone else
You would like me to look for another heart.
I forgot you before I forgot forgetting you,
even my feeling towards you ive forgot.
Seeing you is like leaving you
and the sea’s...

This poem is written by Sheikh Hamdan to his mother Sheikha Hind,:wub:when S.Mo married to Haya.
Hamdan used very STRONG WORDS:flowers:.He really loves his mum.:wub:
CONGRATULATIONS HAMDAN!!!:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm missing the point of the poem. How is this poem supportive to Hind :ermm:?? Who is who in the poem and what is their relation :rolleyes:??

I guess I'm missing the point of the poem. How is this poem supportive to Hind :ermm:?? Who is who in the poem and what is their relation :rolleyes:??

Bettina,no problem I can tell it for you.;)

He wanted to say that he's always with his mum and will be.
Nobody can upset Hind,Hamdan always with her.:wub:

'Tomorrow the days will be against you'in here DUBAIANS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY is always with you..

I hope I helped.If you read difficultly ,you can understand better because firstly I didn't understand.:lol:

You can ask ,if you have more questions...;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your explanation but I read in the poem she asked him to look for someone else and he has forgotten her :neutral: . That I don't understand... I guess I'm just not a romantic soul and I don't understand poetry :unsure:..

i am so confused. hamdan wrote this to his mother? i guess i am ignorant bc it doesnt make any sense to me. this was written to hind whn shk mo married haya? it would seem as if it was directed(in anger) towards shk mo. poetry has never been my thing so i must be missing something.....

i am so confused. hamdan wrote this to his mother? i guess i am ignorant bc it doesnt make any sense to me. this was written to hind whn shk mo married haya? it would seem as if it was directed(in anger) towards shk mo. poetry has never been my thing so i must be missing something.....

That's exactly my thing. Or it is directed against Haya but then it implies she and Hamdan had something romantic going on? Guess I just should have paid more attention in poetry class:lol:

i think it was written by hamdan from hind's perspective. he wrote how his mom felt about his father after he married haya.

i think it was written by hamdan from hind's perspective. he wrote how his mom felt about his father after he married haya.
Sorry but i think that this is just speculation as Sheikh Hamdan hasn't been quoted saying it.

well..we dont know if hamdan wrote it for his mom or not..coz it is not declared yet that he wrote it officially to piss haya..
we all kno that hamdan loves his mom..at the same time he will not write something against his dad..coz the words used in the poetry are very strong and hamdan always praises his dad..
May Allah Bless Hamdan and Sheikh Mohammed and His Wife Sheikha Hind!!

it's a very beautiful poem! it makes me cry!;)
but you see that Hamdan is very loving and suportive of his mum...

Crown Prince Hamdan's poetry

here's the first thread for any fans of fazza's poems :wub:. you can post some and discuss it. have fun!;)

Hamdan's poem to his mother sheikha Hind (beautiful...)

To my mother

For all its vast ocean,Dubai seems small
Because its sun has disappeared

Weep,Dubai`s deserts and trees
And the birds have lost their will to sing

And Zabeel,its palace darkened
Only the echo replies

And stars seek their full moon
Which will illuminate the dark black night

Oh candle and light of our house
Oh mother,with yearning ,I am burning

If my verses are not enough
My sighs show my yearning

She lends her fragrance to the breeze
Scented flowers are green with envy

The heart beats with with her memory
The vision of her in my eye sleeps

My Allah bestow long life upon her
To stay with us so long

And bring her soon from her travels
By His will she will return in good health

it's sooooo beautiful...:wub::wub::wub:

thanx a lot for that stunning poem Turkish Delight!:wub:
wow, Hamdan is really patriotic, and has big admiration for his father and grandfather... ;)

i read in wikipedia that his poems are romantics, patriotics and about his family. my question is... romantics how?

arabic poem from sheikh hamdan translated.i love it...
if i will die i want that my eyes will close on ur image because only like that i will rest in peace forever.....
its very sad....but really beautiful

Thanks leila_23 for the translation. His words are deep. I really have to learn Arabic so I can read them for myself. I wonder who would win the best poetic contest: Hamdan or Nasser (from Bahrain). Hamdan, of course!

I love listening to Hamdan's poetry, even though I don't understand it. His voice is full of passion, he makes Arabic sound cool :)

I love his poetry! How sweet he is! I BET HIS MOTHER IS PROUD. Congrats to Hind for bringing up such a wonderful set of children, who are smart.

يا حبيبي Tell me
شلونـــــــــك

Never heard your voice
من فتــــــــره

By the way
اموت في عيونــــــــــك

Or perhaps I die
من نظــــــــره

Where ever you go
يبغونـــــــــك

يالغـــــــلا يا Candle
السهــــــره

Cross my heart and die
ماخونــــــــك

Even if my heart
بفــــــــره

If you go to this link (Dont know if posting it like this is allowed in the forums)
Poem of Sheikh Hamdan>>Arabic & English - :: ãäÊÏíÇÊ ÝÒÇÚ ::

The second reply in the box is a picture of Hamdan... if you roll your mouse by his picture... you can hear him recite the poem in an audience and his English is not bad! He has a strong Arab accent but his English is proper

wow....im so happy can see the fazza3 poetry in english....
i love poetry...
but i think the first poetry isnt write for his mother
its looks like about someone he loves who leave him..
cuz this
"you would like me to look for someone else
You would like me to look for another heart."

but its maybe...im not really sure..
ehhehee.....

well, im newbie here....
nice to know you all...........

yes...its so beautiful poetry...
he looks like an :angel:

If you go to this link (Dont know if posting it like this is allowed in the forums)

The second reply in the box is a picture of Hamdan... if you roll your mouse by his picture... you can hear him recite the poem in an audience and his English is not bad! He has a strong Arab accent but his English is proper
i dont understand this poetry...:bangin: can someone tells me whats its mean?

i dont understand this poetry...:bangin: can someone tells me whats its mean?

Welcome to the forums princessnigeria!
Hamdans poems always have deep meaning... Although I am not the best at his poems from what I can understand in Arabic... we wants his lover to tell him, where ever she goes he wants to hear her voice if not then he'd rather die... I didnt understand the candle part.. I think it was supposed to be funny because people laughed when he said it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thanks princessfuae...
im just wondering who's the lucky girl who can makes him rather die cuz he cant hear her voice...just only her voice!!!
oh my gosh, he's in love...
im broken heart..
hahaha.....

يا حبيبي Tell me
شلونـــــــــك

Never heard your voice
من فتــــــــره

By the way
اموت في عيونــــــــــك

Or perhaps I die
من نظــــــــره

Where ever you go
يبغونـــــــــك

يالغـــــــلا يا Candle
السهــــــره

Cross my heart and die
ماخونــــــــك

Even if my heart
بفــــــــره

i didn't see a picture of hamdan in the second reply.

I wish he could tell us what it means.

he seems intensely private??? the guy who writes poetry about his love life? :whistling:

he seems intensely private??? the guy who writes poetry about his love life? :whistling:

:lol::lol:Good point! I had forgotten about his poetry-public persona. I wonder why he has not given any poetry soirees recently?? Its a good time for some with all of this engagement/wedding talk going around...

Last edited:
oh yes he is a very good poet.. I watched some of his videos of poetry on youtube..

oh yes he is a very good poet.. I watched some of his videos of poetry on youtube..
I found this on You Tube...although the sound track is off, the poem is the last poem he recited during hte Dubai Poetry Festival on March 7, 2009. His brother Azzam (Ahmed bin Mohammed) recited some of his poetry also. At the end of this poem, Hamdan talks about his 'habibi' (or lover/girlfriend in English). He goes on and on about her. Just thought it would be on topic of the mentioning of his poetic side. I do agree he is a talented poet.

YouTube - ‫فزاع - قصيدة غير لشاعر غير‬‎

true! im nt arabic, wud u mind translating into english, what he says abt his lover/gf...

Back
Top Bottom