Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally she is not a local. She comes from a family which are in general called "eam". They are originally Iranian's who settled in the UAE a while back but won't really call themselves UAE citizens/locals. They talk differently with an accent and you can tell right away where they are from.
Yeah, but "3eyam" consider themselves 100% emiratis, and most of them don't like to be called iranians,specially in Dubai they are well respected and high-profiles,as far as i'm concerned. Not as much as the pure arab tribes for sure,but they are commoners too. Maybe his wife is not from the known 3yam tribes in Dubai, that's why you didn't call her a local.I know it's a complicated subject :D In general, arabs don't mix with 3yam and vice-versa, that's why this marriage is special. Hmm!

Hahaha no, faith_g, it doesn't work. This forums is a typical all girls school atmosphere. Everyone takes everything personally. On some of the other threats there have even been accusations that some of the people posting are the royals themselves and that's why they are so sensitive and argue so hard. LOL

My rule of thumb is that I don't trust anyone's opinion unless they say they live in the UAE and know via this and this channel that something happened. There were a couple of posts by a girl in this situation in the Al Nahyan thread. Otherwise, everything else (incl. my opinions) are just different views and guesses.

so true...so true...personally i don't really care for others opinion; it is a forum after all. its okay to be somewhat catty i guess, but i jus don't get why some people just start to flat out attack others...so what if someone's info isn't true...correct them please, by all means, but don't ATTACK them...:bang:

after all, i would like to keep my silly mind that Sheikh Hamdan will fight to marrying the one he really love, no matter who is she. yeah even it's sounds like a Cinderella's story. :)

after all, i would like to keep my silly mind that Sheikh Hamdan will fight to marrying the one he really love, no matter who is she. yeah even it's sounds like a Cinderella's story. :)
Well in this case ill sure would love to be cinderella :)

Well in this case ill sure would love to be cinderella :)

well in cinderella story prince charming did not fight for her, his father told him to just get married!

Hmmmm true but hamdan just seem like a really nice guy with a wonderful personality you can tell by looking at some of the pics when he plays sports

well in cinderella story prince charming did not fight for her, his father told him to just get married!

WHO's father? Hamdan's father??
Well... Hear my words people!! Hamdan will do JUST LIKE Prince William. Nobody expected prince william to marry Kate. For many, Kate was just a "simple girlfriend, a university love" and finally he went against all odds and broke the royal protocol. I have a strong feeling that Hamdan will also break the protocol by marrying someone completely different from what the emirati public and his family expects him to marry. That's all i am going to say. ;)

That would be really cool,I hope he will find a nice girl who really loves him and shares some of his interests and hobbies so that they can have a successful,happy marriage :)

Well... Hear my words people!! Hamdan will do JUST LIKE Prince William. Nobody expected prince william to marry Kate. For many, Kate was just a "simple girlfriend, a university love" and finally he went against all odds and broke the royal protocol. I have a strong feeling that Hamdan will also break the protocol by marrying someone completely different from what the emirati public and his family expects him to marry. That's all i am going to say. ;)

no no i ment prince charming's father!

Good you believe that :lol:

Originally she is not a local. She comes from a family which are in general called "eam". They are originally Iranian's who settled in the UAE a while back but won't really call themselves UAE citizens/locals. They talk differently with an accent and you can tell right away where they are from.

Are you talking about Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed's (CP Hamdan's former fiancee) mother? I'm sorry, but I'm a little bit confused...

Are you talking about Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed's (CP Hamdan's former fiancee) mother? I'm sorry, but I'm a little bit confused...

no beacause her father is saeed bin thani not saeed bin maktoum

HI, im new and i have some questions

1. can fazza marry who he wants period meaning any girl from any country that has the same beliefs as him or does the first wife have to be from the same country in has to be a family member ? ( some people say he can in some say the first wife has to be from the country).

2. when fazza marrys will it be like the royal wedding from this past year big with alot of people because he is the CP ?

3. what will his wife job be ?

We can only speculate on 1) and 3),but 2) I would say that the wedding will be very big in Dubai and the whole UAE!Weddings are always celebrated with pomp and ostentation,every family wants to show off how wealthy they are and they always invite a large number of people -family,friends,colleagues etc.(of course there are exceptions,but most Arab weddings are very expensive and big)
...oh,and I believe there will be a lot of girls who will cry a lot because he has such a large crowd of female fans who are absolutely crazy about Sheikh Hamdan ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the Emirati/gulf members of this state shed light as to whether or not a non-arab/non-muslim/non-emirati wife would be accepted for Shk. Hamdan. If he was truly happy with her, would they accept/tolerate it. I am not suggesting that they love her or that she be a public figure or that they accept issue (children) who are not 100% emirati as leaders. I'm very intrigued as to how this would go down considering the tradition of marrying.

Also, have any of the Emirati royals married black Arabs from the UAE, or have Black Arab mothers?

jikodi, your questions were actually answered by the other forum participants.Again, a summary: I think it's for the Maktoum family workers, and certainly for Crown Prince HH Sheikh Hamdan is not a problem even to marry a woman he loves, but does not have the same status as him. Many spouses of the reigning families have married people who are neither royal nor from the Emirates. HH Shaikh Hamdan's father is the best example. He has children with women who are not from the Emirates.What reason could he have, therefore, to prohibit the same to his own son. With few exceptions are the wives of Sheikhs in the background and the affairs of their husbands' support in exclusion of public appearances. This makes it also notes that at a wedding of a sheikh of the bride's name is never mentioned publicly. It speaks only of the daughter of e.g. HH Shaikh Mohammed.Even when the future wife of Crown Prince would be a UAE national, numerous public appearances are not expected to be secured by her.

I wish him a woman who is always behind him and loves him so that he can always count on her advice. Hamdan will play an important role later in the Emirates and I am confident he will continue to develop successfully while the working of his ancestors and carry on. To accomplish this task and to focus on this role, he need a very good, well-behaved partner, that it morally supports him and his person by one's own behavior does not bring into disrepute.

I am not aware that any Shaikh had married a black woman. But we know only that which comes into the public ....

I have a question. Does anyone know if the Dubai Royal Family own Royal Crowns and Tiaras like the European Royals? For example since sheikha and latifah got married, on their wedding day did they wear a royal crown like Kate middleton and other european royal brides did? :flowers:

hello,
no they dont :)
and both shiekha and latifah did not wear crowns on thier weddings

How come? Aren't they royals? Every royal house has a crown jewel. And yet sheikh Mohammed is richer than some of those European royals. That's puzzling...:eek:hmy

It`s another tradtion

How come? Aren't they royals? Every royal house has a crown jewel. And yet sheikh Mohammed is richer than some of those European royals. That's puzzling...:eek:hmy

The ruling families have no aristocratic tradition as in Europe. They are the leaders of their tribes and in modern times, the leadership of the Emirates. So they are no kings or nobles, but have within their tribal traditions a special rank. They lead to old tribal traditions continued success in the modern era for the benefit of the people. Therefore, there is no crown jewels and crowns for all sheikhs and sheikhas.

Like in Kuwait do you know that if the mother is non Kuwaity or the wife is non Kuwaity they can never Rule Kuwait even if it was their turn

[quote from the P Haya marriage thread]

This got me thinking if this applies in Dubai as well on an official and even unofficial level... I would understand not allowing a child born of the union to be accepted as the next Crown Prince or Emir, but can one really be disqualified simple for marrying a foreigner? I wonder if Princess Haya's marriage to Sheikh Mohammed has left such a bad taste in the mouthes of Emiratis that it would be difficult for his sons to mary foreign women. I wonder if CP Hamdan would be able to marry a European royal and whether or not she would be accepted in Dubai - by the people and by his family, or if it would result in him losing credibility in his family and the other royal families of the UAE. It seems that the monarchical system and society are very much based on tribal tradition, so I wonder if any major shake ups might spell the end of the Al-Maktoum dynasty (unless Saudi Arabia intervened as was the case in Bahrain). Any UAE comments from UAE or Gulf nationals and residents?

I do not really know on what's your point .... If HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum has also married non-emirati women, I am convinced that he sees no problem in that his sons do so. The UAE society is deeply rooted in their traditions and I like that. But still, has changed in the last 40 years a lot and it will change much more with the younger generation of leaders. The Emirates is not a traditional dynasty nor a kingdom. As long as the leader the benefit of the people in their country at heart, so long as the old traditions will continue.I'm sure any decent girl is welcomed into the family of al Maktoum as the wife of Crown Prince Hamdan or one of the other sons. But the question is rather, which girl from outside the Arab world is willing to engage with the traditions of the UAE and to respect them? Every marriage in higher circles also means to be willing to let a big piece of the usual life behind and to the personal freedom behind the interests of a state.

You sound out this question just in place, Imammajed. As I have always stated and mentioned before we cannot predict in which woman he is going to fall in love.
I am sure it must be a woman who values the traditions of the Emiratis and is somehow captivated by that magic which spring from the whole Arab world.
A woman who is ready for everything to fight for his Prince.

Finding a woman who is willing to fight for the prince is not easy to find. It's about loving the other respectfully - as a person - and not just the position in society, which takes that person.

I'm sure a lot of women would marry him on the spot. But I'm sure too there will be hardly any among them who would sacrifice themselves for him as a person not for the prince-status only.

A few posts have been deleted for being off topic.
Further off topic posts will be delete without a notice.​

dazzling said:
The idea of a Sheikh marrying a Sheikha comes from that the traditions of in the UAE where people marry their cousins till this day. Its not a must but it happens in a lot of families but general speaking there is no such thing as a requirement of a Sheikh to marry a Sheikha.
Tradition? Didn't Shiekh Zayed make this a law back in the 1970's? It's part of a decree written therefore, it's a law not a tradition. Thanks.

Tradition? Didn't Shiekh Zayed make this a law back in the 1970's? It's part of a decree written therefore, it's a law not a tradition. Thanks.

:argh: :excl: Thats not true! The UAE was founded at 02 December 1971. How can Sheikh Zayed as early as 1970, have passed a law for all of the seven Emirates that stipulates that a Sheikh must married a Sheikha or/and not a Sheikha only? There is no law that determines who marries a Sheikh. In the history of the UAE - even before the founding of the state - were married traditionally a way of connecting between tribes or tribal strengthening existing relationships. It's definitely a tradition not a law.:uaeflag:

Back
Top Bottom