Links, Fanart and Videos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, in facts, these guys didn't speak fluent English although they are learning abroad:whistling:

Yes, you are right but it is much easier to learn from someone who is teaching you one on one then interacting with English speaking people and picking up their accents, and in only a matter of a couple of years... :)

well, in facts, these guys didn't speak fluent English although they are learning abroad:whistling:
i know right!! huauhahuahuauha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: "learning abroad"...:whistling:
Hamdan's english is a disaster!!! SHAME ON HIM!! he has enough time and $ to hire the best english teacher so he could be fluent but apparently he must think his english is great...:eek::whistling:

i know right!! huauhahuahuauha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: "learning abroad"...:whistling:
Hamdan's english is a disaster!!! SHAME ON HIM!! he has enough time and $ to hire the best english teacher so he could be fluent but apparently he must think his english is great...:eek::whistling:

Rashid's handle of English is very good. You can tell he interacts with a lot of English speakers and is very comfortable speaking. Hamdan's English is a disaster...I guess it is possible to finish Sandhurst's 2 year military training without picking up too much English....:lol:

It seems a shame that Mo would put so little effort in the professional development of his sons (and daughters for that matter...when will one of THEM become a minister or even ruler...wishful thinking much? I guess so.). After watching Hamdan deliver that speech at the economic summit, I was not at all impressed. It didn't bother me that he spoke in Arabic the audience had translators, but it bothers me that the substance of the speech put the blame for Dubai's financial situation on the laps of western institutions. Surely they share a responsibility but not to the extent that DW is a functionary of the state apparatus. Mo has not handled this very well, and he's taking Hamdan down with him. If only Mo had kept that boy in school...maybe say...college...then business school/masters...Sorry to say he's just not coming off as uniquely qualified vis a vis...Maktoum. Hey, are there any videos of Maktoum giving a speech?

Yes, you are right but it is much easier to learn from someone who is teaching you one on one then interacting with English speaking people and picking up their accents, and in only a matter of a couple of years... :)

our country, we have to learn 3 languages at once in primary and secondary school, and english is one of them.......everyone in my country can speak english:cool: although english is not my national language........maybe they just not exposed to english environment.......maybe although in British, they just hang out with their 'own friends' :whistling:and rashid do speak good english, at least better then hamdan;)

definitely,princess haya has the best english of the al maktoum clan-i just don`t like her voice,but somebody else may do.
sheikh rashid has a good pronounciation but his vocabulary is not that broad (or maybe he was a little bit nervous in front of the camera?)
sheikh majed is also very good in english-he has no accent at all but I don`t know wheter he has a broad vocabulary because he didn`t say anything else to me then "Hello, how do you do?"...
well,I think from the girls sheikha Maitha (the daughter who does karate) is probably the best because she is very ambitious but I didn`t meet the rest of the girls.

definitely,princess haya has the best english of the al maktoum clan-i just don`t like her voice,but somebody else may do.
sheikh rashid has a good pronounciation but his vocabulary is not that broad (or maybe he was a little bit nervous in front of the camera?)
sheikh majed is also very good in english-he has no accent at all but I don`t know wheter he has a broad vocabulary because he didn`t say anything else to me then "Hello, how do you do?"...
well,I think from the girls sheikha Maitha (the daughter who does karate) is probably the best because she is very ambitious but I didn`t meet the rest of the girls.

totally agree with u:lol::ROFLMAO: but how u know majed didnt have accent, coz i havent heard him in english before.........anyway, rashid and maitha are good......:ROFLMAO:

I think from the girls sheikha Maitha (the daughter who does karate) is probably the best because she is very ambitious but I didn`t meet the rest of the girls.

I think Shaikha speaks and writes the best. Haha I love her!!!

Actually almost all the girls are very fluent in speaking, nothing to do with their brothers! I agree with you guys, it's a real shame :(( BUT plz don't compare P Haya to them, I think you don't have the slightest idea about her education! P Haya speaks 5 languages(arabic, english, french, german & spanish) and she graduated from Oxford university with an honours degree BA MA in politics!!!

I'm surprised at this talk

Surely there is reasonable cause for the presence of them come on

I did not know that she speaks several languages

Thank you

how come mo's older daughters are university graduates, or attended university, but younger one's aren't?...i mean they're getting married and poppin out kids at a very young age...

I think Shaikha speaks and writes the best. Haha I love her!!!
of course,princessofuae,you know it best:) I was just talking about the people I have met and until now I haven`t met any other girl but Maitha!
Huh,why are you on this forum anyway?You probably know much,much more than all of us together:)
I´m coming here to get some nice pics and exchanging a little bit of gossip...my boyfriend is working in Endurance by the way,that`s why I met some of the Al Maktoums but just very,very briefly and so I just have seen/heard little of them!

BUT plz don't compare P Haya to them, I think you don't have the slightest idea about her education! P Haya speaks 5 languages(arabic, english, french, german & spanish) and she graduated from Oxford university with an honours degree BA MA in politics!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, she has a great educational background,I think that`s one reason why sheikh mohammed married her-because she is an educated,intellectual woman (even though I sometimes wonder about it when I see her speaking) but she is definitely very ambitious and her english is really great.
I also read somewhere that she speaks Russian...well,but it`s nice that she speaks German because that`s my mother tongue:)
I prefer her talking in Arabic even though I don´t understand most of it...

Talking about the qualification of the Al Maktoum girls and Sheikh Hamdan-
It reminds me of something that Virginia Woolf has written in "A room of one`s own": there are some men "who have no apparent qualification save that they are not women."

It`s better in German:Manche Männer haben keine sichtbare Qualifikation,außer der,dass sie keine Frauen sind.

Talking about the qualification of the Al Maktoum girls and Sheikh Hamdan-
It reminds me of something that Virginia Woolf has written in "A room of one`s own": there are some men "who have no apparent qualification save that they are not women."

It`s better in German:Manche Männer haben keine sichtbare Qualifikation,außer der,dass sie keine Frauen sind.

but of course I don`t want to say that Sheikh Hamdan is not qualified-but honestly,his English is a shame:ermm:

I just wonder what good position some of the girls would have got if they had been born with another gender:whistling:

I agree no one should doubt Haya's English,as like you said, she has a degree in a language other than her own which is a tremendous achievement.

But I don't think she is good at speeches. A good speaker sells the subject to everyone who is listening. I turn off Haya's as her delivery drives me nuts!

yes,her voice is so annoying! you can tell that she is just reading something that some smart person has written out for her...argggg!
but maybe it is because she is not as independent as we believe she is and that she has to talk about every decision and every speech with sheikh mohamed?:sad:
but let me tell you, in Arabic she has a much better voice!;)
In English she sounds like a little girl, a version of Little Orphan Annie.....

Last edited by a moderator:
of course,princessofuae,you know it best:) I was just talking about the people I have met and until now I haven`t met any other girl but Maitha!
Huh,why are you on this forum anyway?You probably know much,much more than all of us together:)
I´m coming here to get some nice pics and exchanging a little bit of gossip...my boyfriend is working in Endurance by the way,that`s why I met some of the Al Maktoums but just very,very briefly and so I just have seen/heard little of them!

Im on this forum because of many reasons. Its basically I thing to do besides being a student! I wasn't saying you were wrong in ANY way at all! I am sorry if anything I said offended you... :) I don't really know why you would get upset, I didn't really say anything wrong to you though. Is there any reason why you think I should not be on the forums? Just because I speak to them shouldn't be a good enough reason. I am glad you got to meet Maitha she is a really nice person.

princessofuae why r u apologizing? u haven't said or done anything wrong...everyone is entitled to their own opinion..but u did nothing wrong

wooo:eek: she can speak 5 languages, no wonder she have the best english among that family.....:cool: anyway, she has her high achievement in her education and knowledge...it good for al maktoum family, since others family members dont have high education achievement except few of them.......:whistling:

I agree with the people who say that Princess Haya has an annoying voice. It is really hard to listen.
I have never heard her speaking an other language beside arabic and english. If she can speak more languages, can someone post an interview?
For me it is not enough to tell everybody how much languages she can speak - please give us a proof.
As I was a student, I've also learnd spanish an french - but I wouldn't say I can speak it just because I had lessons.

yeah, i get ur point..coz i was doing the same too when i took my Spanish and Japanese lesson........but for P. Haya, i just can say maybe her voice is annoying coz she read out the speech but not really giving a speech..........:ermm: i oni heard her in english and arab.........:whistling: most of the time....

P haya never lived in Jordan, after her graduation she lived in Germany, Spain and finally in Paris before getting married with Sheikh MO. And that's how she learned the german language, spanish & she was speaking french before her graduation, actually when you do a BA in politics, they teach you french, same for Sheikha Mozah's daughters(Hind&Mayassa). That's my point, P Haya is very well educated and obviously almost all of her videos are in arabic & english!!!

I have to correct myself, she left Jordan in 1985 whe she was 11 BUT of course she spent her holidays with her family in Jordan....:))

P haya never lived in Jordan, after her graduation she lived in Germany, Spain and finally in Paris before getting married with Sheikh MO. And that's how she learned the german language, spanish & she was speaking french before her graduation, actually when you do a BA in politics, they teach you french, same for Sheikha Mozah's daughters(Hind&Mayassa). That's my point, P Haya is very well educated and obviously almost all of her videos are in arabic & english!!!

she can speak German? I doubt that because it is not long ago that she visited Germany and she gave every interview in english (or at least every interview I have seen).

when she was in Aachen /Germany she concluded her speech in German

Im on this forum because of many reasons. Its basically I thing to do besides being a student! I wasn't saying you were wrong in ANY way at all! I am sorry if anything I said offended you... :) I don't really know why you would get upset, I didn't really say anything wrong to you though. Is there any reason why you think I should not be on the forums? Just because I speak to them shouldn't be a good enough reason. I am glad you got to meet Maitha she is a really nice person.

hello princessofuae,i was not offended at all:)
u supply us with so many firsthand-informations and lovely pictures,that`s great- I was just wondering why you are here because obviously you have much better sources of information than we have:cool:
we are all ( or just speaking for myself) just picking together informations that we read in the magazins,online and then we chat a little bit or use our imagination to understand some things!
what are you studying?do you study in dubai?

I agree with the people who say that Princess Haya has an annoying voice. It is really hard to listen.
yes, I also agree,just because u are in the lessons u are not fluent in a foreign language:)
it is just like you don`t become a car just by standing in a garage!
well, but as P Haya is excellent in English I just assumed that she would be great in other languages too:flowers:
well, my mum speaks 5 languages fluently,so maybe P Haya speaks 6 languages?well,different than my mother she didn`t have to work so she has more time to practise and learn! But I am really looking forward to anybody who posts videos of her speaking german,spanish or whatever!!!

Princess Haya don´t speak spanish when she lives in Spain she was at hospital and she needed a traductor, perhaps she only know some words.
And when any royal give an speech she/he can speak in another language and is not neccesary that she/he speak it, only need memorize the speech. But I don´t know if she speaks french or german.

Back
Top Bottom