General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do sheikh mohammed wifes live in the same palace and also do hind kids live with other kids of sheikh mohammed

no, only sheika Hind lives in Zabeel palace with sheikh Mohammed and THEIR kids. The other wives live somewhere else. I think princess Haya lives in a villa in Dubai, but i'm not sure:ermm:
hope it helps;)

yes thank you candygirl i ahve another question dose sheikha manal live in dubai

well as the information i kno..but i dont know if its true..
SH/Hind ans SH/Mohammed and all the children live in the zabeel palace including majid,maitha,mansour and the rest=)

well haya has her own villa

yes thank you candygirl i ahve another question dose sheikha manal live in dubai

:ermm:again, i'm not sure so forgive me if i'm wrong:)
i think i read somewhere (i don't remember where :bang:) that sheika Manal lives in Abu Dhabi.

:ermm:again, i'm not sure so forgive me if i'm wrong:)
i think i read somewhere (i don't remember where :bang:) that sheika Manal lives in Abu Dhabi.

Yes,Sheikha Manal lives in Abu Dhabi with her husband Sheikh Mansour!;)

I have some questions concerning a family member of the Al-Maktoum’s.

How well does the elder Uncle Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Maktoum get along with the other Maktoum family members? Is he considered a favorite and respected uncle? Was he appointed the position of Chairman/CEO/President of Emirates airline group? Is this considered a lifetime job since he has no position in government? Does he have any other siblings living and is his mother also a distant relative? Last question, does he share the Maktoum family wealth or he has his own money?

Thanks to anyone who can assist with the answers to my questions.:)

i read somewhere, but can't remember where, sorry:bang:
that sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum is chairman of Emirates airline group.
for the next questions, i'm not sure, so forgive me if i'm wrong ;):
i think being chairman is a lifetime job for him (that he does very well!).
i don't know about living siblings, so i think there are, but i don't know who or where.
i think he also have his own money, he wins enough ;).

He is chairman of Emirates airlines since 1985 & Vice President of of chelsea football club. He is seen with Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid (ruler of Dubai) at almost all meetings, visits & abroad visits (State/official).

Does anyone know more about the adopted daughter of the ruling president of Dubai? I believe, I read that it was the president who had an adopted daughter.

There is no 'ruling president' of Dubai. Dubai is an Emirate ruled by Sheikh Mohammed of the Al Maktoum dynasty. He is also Vice President of the United Arab Emirates.

Is it true that the non-Hind's children (Majid and his siblings) live in the Zabeel Palace too? What about their mother? Does she live alone somewhere else?

well all sh.mohammeds children live in the za'abeel palace!

What means to be deputy ruler exactly, and which is the difference in spite of being the crown prince?

So did all the non-Hind kids grow up without their mothers then?!

Because there was a story (I think it was the story about the runaway Sheika, Shamsa from the Daily Mail) I read where Shamsa and Maitha and "two younger children" (whom I took to be Majed and Mansour) all lived in a house seperate from the main house and the rest of the children. Sad, if true.

It makes me sad to think that they didn't have their mothers... :ermm::cry:

What means to be deputy ruler exactly, and which is the difference in spite of being the crown prince?
Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai is the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates which is the federal state encompassing the seven Emirates. He is at the same time the Ruler (Emir) of Dubai and his son Sheikh Hamdan was named Crown Prince of Dubai earlier this year. The Crown Prince has the same role as any other Crown Prince in that he is the designated heir and successor of the Ruler.

The current President of the United Arab Emirates is the Ruler (Emir) of Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
:flowers: thanks for answering my question!! but im a littell confuse because i read some news anouncing that sheik hamdan was name crown prince and his brother was name deputy ruler. did i get the news wrong?? im gonna search it again (if only remenber where:bang:)thanks anyway!!!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi sorry i have a question...who know if sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad went to the university??thank you

hi sorry i have a question...who know if sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad went to the university??thank you

He didn't go to university. He went Sandhurst but, he has just been there , he didn't take any degree.

Deputy Rulers of Dubai

I'm a littell confuse because i read some news anouncing that sheik hamdan was name crown prince and his brother was name deputy ruler. did i get the news wrong??
I don't know how many 'Deputy Rulers' Dubai has (for example, Sharjah has three) but Sheikh Mohammed's son Maktoum is a Deputy Ruler as is Sheikh Mohammed's brother Hamdam bin Rashid.
From WAM 14 June 2008 in a story about the guests at the lunch following the wedding of Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum:

Others include Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, H.H. General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Dubai Crown Prince, H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler, H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

From Gulfnews 15 June 2008:
Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler and Minister of Finance.

Last edited:
I've seen Sheikha Futaim on Gulf News and an endurance riding website and Sheikha Fatima on here, so are there two daughters of Sheikh M with similar names?

I've seen Sheikha Futaim on Gulf News and an endurance riding website and Sheikha Fatima on here, so are there two daughters of Sheikh M with similar names?

No, one daughter. Her name is Futaim which is also the same as Fatima:)

He is the brother of Sheikh Mohammed.He is the Finance & Industries Minister of the UAE.
His wife is Sheikha Roda.She is not in public.(Sorry I told wrongly before)
He has 6 children.3 boys ,3 girls.
He was born on December 25, 1942.
Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (You can find lots of information here)
His photos:
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I hope I helped.:flowers:
If you want to ask more,you can ask.

Turkish Delight,

Hamdan was not born in 1942, but in 1982. You might have gotten him confused with his father? He is not married that I know of, and no children either.

If I am wrong please correct me.

It is hard to believe that the future sultan of Dubai would be getting married and there not be a picture somewhere.

Does anyone reallly know if it is expected of him to marry a shiekha?

Could he marry a common girl?

Welcome to the Forums Chanel. :flowers:
CP Hamdan will one day be the Emir of Dubai, officially referred to as 'Ruler'.
Turkish Delight's post refers to the brother of the Ruler, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid, not the son of the Ruler, Sheikh (Crown Prince) Hamdan bin Mohammed.
There is a discussion of the marriage prospects of CP Hamdan in the Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family thread.

Last edited:
I get them so mixed up! I tend to notice that many families name thier children of the same name . Interesting isn't it! I see in so may places that they call the ruler sultan (i may just be getting it mixed up) however at the same time I think that Emir sounds petty awesome!

Thanks for he welcome. That's why I love the UEA's so much they are so interesting....

Firstly, welcome to the forums!:flowers: After, thank you Warren for helping!:)

It's culture of Dubai.Women don't seem in public & Hamdan's wife will not be public, either. But maybe they can change their mind because , some Qatarian Sheikhas(like Sheikha Mozah & her daughters) are in public in these years. They(Qatar & Uae) are culture same. They are Gulf so, maybe it can change but maybe not.

hollywood0220
I see in so may places that they call the ruler sultan
Well, not many. Apart from the Sultans of Oman and Brunei the only other reigning Sultans are in Malaysia.
The Sultan of Yogyakarta holds a special position within the Indonesian republic.

Thank you too all for clarifying!

During Ramdan the Jordanian royals often go out of their way to visit the sick, elderly etc.

Do the Dubai royals do something similar?

is sheikh hamdan engaged and or married? Do any of them ever come to the United States?

Back
Top Bottom