General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did anyone know, if you can go to the gandolphin - i hope, its right- to look there. or must you been an royal????

I have a general question. Can anyone tell me if Sheikh Hamdan prays 5 times a day (or even at all)? Just wanna know if future ruler of my country is a practising Muslim. Thnx:flowers:

I have a question. Sorry if it's silly but I don't know much about Dubai royalty. I'm from Europe. Here lots of people send cards or messages to the royals on special occasions such as marriage, birth, jubilea. If you're lucky, you get a thanks photo or message in return. No personal note ofcourse, but still it's fun!
How do the Dubai royalty handle this. Can you post them a letter? Would you get a response?

Hi Bettina! & Hi everyone :flowers:as this is my fist post here at the forums.
but as an Emirati I thought I could answer your question about sending cards to Royals here in the U.A.E. Well it's simple you can do so ofcourse BUT never wait for a reply as we don't really have this tradition here.. However unlike the West people can directly meet to greet Royals here on occassions like Eid or Ramadan...(they're our religious occasions like Christmas or Easter). Usually a specific date or place is announced for people to come and say Hi personally to the Royals here in the U.A.E.
Hope you find this helpful.:)

but as an Emirati I thought I could answer your question about sending cards to Royals here in the U.A.E. Well it's simple you can do so ofcourse BUT never wait for a reply as we don't really have this tradition here.. However unlike the West people can directly meet to greet Royals here on occassions like Eid or Ramadan...(they're our religious occasions like Christmas or Easter). Usually a specific date or place is announced for people to come and say Hi personally to the Royals here in the U.A.E.

Thank you and Welcome to the forum! You're very helpful indeed!
But your answer raises some new questions with me... Did you ever went on such occasion and saw some royals ? Is it just Mohammed or also his sons you can meet ? Do the women also hold these meetings?
Too much questions, I know....

Last edited:
First of all: Welcome to the forum :flowers:
Second:maybe you can help me with this question: Which position does Rashid has in the government of Dubai (any?)?
I mean, he was in sandhurst but afterwards . . . . Does he have sth like a occupation? (Excuse me,I know I'm so curious)

First of all: Welcome to the forum :flowers:
Second:maybe you can help me with this question: Which position does Rashid has in the government of Dubai (any?)?
I mean, he was in sandhurst but afterwards . . . . Does he have sth like a occupation? (Excuse me,I know I'm so curious)

Sheikh Rashed hold no goverment position nor any other positions.
Sheikh Rashed also graduated along with his brother Sheikh Hamdan but non of the boys continued on to military work.

i thought i would mix things up and instead of asking"where is rashid" i am going to ask"where is haya?" i heard it is muslim custom for women not to leave home for 40 days after they have a baby. it has been longer than that.

i thought i would mix things up and instead of asking"where is rashid" i am going to ask"where is haya?" i heard it is muslim custom for women not to leave home for 40 days after they have a baby. it has been longer than that.

She is probable in Dubai. And yes you are correct on the 40 days that a muslim women does not leave the home after giving birth. But given that she is a first time mom, she like her sister-in-law Noor (Hamzah's wife) is staying out of the limelight and bonding with her child.

there is a popular uae musician that has used sheikh hamdan's poetry as lyrics in his songs....does anyone one know the name of this musician

there is a popular uae musician that has used sheikh hamdan's poetry as lyrics in his songs....does anyone one know the name of this musician

well the uae singer is Meehad Hamad..he sang most of the lyrics written by hamdan

Since Sheikh Hamdan is a crown prince now, does it mean he'll be the richest among his siblings ( brothers and sisters) now??

i`m really interested in dubai royal family
especially rashid!
he wasn`t indicate as crown prince.
then what do you think about his future?.
can`t i watch him in public?
and i want to know about his marrige or personality!
plz answer me~

i`m really interested in sheikh rashid who son of sheikh mohammed
recently he wasn`t indicanted by his father as crown prince
what do you think about his future?
and i want to know his personality, everything about him!
please answer me!

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a rude question but how much money do they have and how do they have such wealth

Rashid's future is good. He can does everything about Sports.
He doesn't like politics so,he couldn't be Crown Prince but,he is very happy for his brother.He loves playing football & riding horses.
He doesn't write poem.He is 1.73.He is the eldest son of Sheikha Hind.He has very strong personality.He went to Sandhurst in London.:flowers:

this is a rude question but how much money do they have and how do they have such wealth
----Everyone knows that the Al Maktoums are wealthy..These are Arabian Sheikhs from an OIL rich country, its just a common thing that sheikhs are rich, they dont live off people's taxes unlike European royals.Some Al Maktoum members are wise investors and businessmen and thats where most income comes from.Their region is prosperous so nobody complains if sheikhs are rich because their subjects dont die in hunger or poverty, they are actually very well taken care of by their Emir and have a high standard of living..

Last edited:
If I may add, in Turkey, Bosnia etc, Bayram is mainly used as equivalent of Eid ( even though the word itself obviously has much wider meaning ).

If I may add, in Turkey, Bosnia etc, Bayram is mainly used as equivalent of Eid ( even though the word itself obviously has much wider meaning ).
thanx turkish delight..now yu have clearly describe us what yu ppl celebrate..bt i still want to ask sumthng abt dis..in which month yu celebrate dis n in uae pl also celebrate dis??

thanx turkish delight..now yu have clearly describe us what yu ppl celebrate..bt i still want to ask sumthng abt dis..in which month yu celebrate dis n in uae pl also celebrate dis??

You are welcome.Thanks to jamila for adding informations.:)

Moslems have bairams :like Ramadan & Ramadan celebrates all around the world same time.Ramadan hasn't celebrated same months.It changes every year for Gregorian Calender.In Turkey we use Gregorian Calender.For Islamic Calender (Islamic countries use this,not Turkey)it celebrates 9th month.Moslems fast 1 month & after Ramadan Bairam comes.:flowers:

do sheikh mohammed wifes live in the same palace and also do hind kids live with other kids of sheikh mohammed

Back
Top Bottom