General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, I have a question. I kinda don't know where I should put this, but I will try here. Is it normal for a girl from the Gulf countries to marry at a very young age? Sheikha Hind got married at the age of 17, her daughter Shaikha married Nasser when she was 16 (?!) and she has today 3 kids. I found another examples. Sheika Shaikha bint Nasser bin Ibrahim al khalifa is now 18 and has 4 kids! I once asked her on her ask.fm when she got married and she said that she had turned 17 at that time. She had baby girl last year and now triplets. Princess Sahab Al Saud also married shaik Khalid when she was very young. Is it common in UAE/Bahrain or only among royal families?

Hey, I have a question. I kinda don't know where I should put this, but I will try here. Is it normal for a girl from the Gulf countries to marry at a very young age? Sheikha Hind got married at the age of 17, her daughter Shaikha married Nasser when she was 16 (?!) and she has today 3 kids. I found another examples. Sheika Shaikha bint Nasser bin Ibrahim al khalifa is now 18 and has 4 kids! I once asked her on her ask.fm when she got married and she said that she had turned 17 at that time. She had baby girl last year and now triplets. Princess Sahab Al Saud also married shaik Khalid when she was very young. Is it common in UAE/Bahrain or only among royal families?

Here is an informative report on your topic,it is from 2005 but I believe that it has not changed that dramatically since than,I am sure you will get newer statistics and analyses about marriage in GCC states (or Bahrain/UAE) on google:)
http://www.igwg.org/pdf05/MarriageInArabWorld_Eng.pdf

Personally I believe that the daughters of Sheikk Mohammed chose to marry when they want and who they wish (of course only with their parents consent),this can be very early like in Sheikha Sheikha´s case or later. (If you read older entries in the Dubai-forums,you will find that many international posters where a little bit worried back than because she married so early,but her marriage seems to be a good one from what we can see.)

Generally it seems that the girls of the Al Maktoum family get married earlier while the male section of the family is more patient (or we just do not know that they got married,they may have secret wives or prefer not to announce their marriages to the public).
We could speculate about this topic,but it would not lead to useful answers. What we can say for sure is that with more education, people in GCC get married later and there also seems to be a trend to have smaller families than in the past.

Here is a scientific paper by MARIAM SULTAN ABDULLA AL-SHAMSI & LEON C. FULCHER who researched on the topic
"The impact of polygamy on UnitedArab Emirates’ first wives and their children":
http://www.acco.be/download/nl/9009641/file/journal_2005-jg-08..

What I found particularly interesting is that a lot of men married again without telling the first wife, not surprisingly most women were no happy with not being asked for their opinion on this important decision:

"Most of the first wives did not know their husband was going to marry again. Only one or two
knew about their husband’s decision and were given clear reasons about why he wanted to
marry again, a finding similar to results found in the Kuwait study where sixty-one percent of
women accepted polygamy if her husband told her before re-marrying (Abdu Salaam, 1997).
Most first wives in this study learned about the new marriage when seeing their husband with
the second wife or when learning about it from a family member."

Last edited:

How is Sheika Shaikha bint Nasser bin Ibrahim al khalifa related to the Emir?

According to Facebook, she was married on 13 April 2012, had her first child in 2012 and then had triplets on 26 May 2013. Who did she marry? Maybe the year of her wedding is 2011.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.111594645668359.18920.110538625773961&type=3

Last edited:
Generally it seems that the girls of the Al Maktoum family get married earlier while the male section of the family is more patient (or we just do not know that they got married,they may have secret wives or prefer not to announce their marriages to the public).

The only exception would be Sheikha Sheikha bin Mohammed. The rest of the Al Maktoum girls marry quite older.

For example, Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed's wife when she married was around 39/40yrs old.
Recently a Sheikha from the Al Maktoum family married at the age of 25.
The same goes for Sheikh Mohammed's other two daughters, Sheikh Latifa married when she was over 21 years and Sheikh Hussa over 24 years.

The late Sheikh Maktoum's daughter recently got engaged (no wedding date set) she is older than 24years old.

Sheikh Mohammed's sisters all married when they were older than the age of 28years old.

That´s interesting, I got the impression that the women were younger at marriage than the men...but it is good to see that they take time & finish their education before they get married. IMO it is very good when a bride/groom has more experience and maturity,they will surely be better equipped to deal with any problems or difficulties that happen in life & also have more knowledge and experience they can teach their children.

Hey, I have a question. I kinda don't know where I should put this, but I will try here. Is it normal for a girl from the Gulf countries to marry at a very young age?

That´s interesting, I got the impression that the women were younger at marriage than the men...

Only a small proportion of women marrying below 21 years in UAE. Many girls prefer a higher education first. The average marital age is between 22 - 29 years today.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers :) Im glad most of them get married when they are above 20.

According to www​.royalark.net Shaikha bint Nasser was born in 1994 and her father is a cousin of the King of Bahrain and a close relative to sheikha meriam bint abdullah, who was married to a man from the US :) I think Shaikha once explained her connection to the al maktoum family on her twitter, that her mother is al maktoum. I dont remember exactly but her maternal great grandmother or great grandfather was a cousin of late ruler rashed. i dont remember exactly though. :)

I am happy that Shaikha MRM is in a happy relationship. i was reading forum today and came to know that they were engaged for a long time. At least they knew each other. :)

According to www​.royalark.net Shaikha bint Nasser was born in 1994 and her father is a cousin of the King of Bahrain and a close relative to sheikha meriam bint abdullah, who was married to a man from the US :) I think Shaikha once explained her connection to the al maktoum family on her twitter, that her mother is al maktoum. I dont remember exactly but her maternal great grandmother or great grandfather was a cousin of late ruler rashed. i dont remember exactly though.
Thanks, I've been trying to find her on royalark.net, but I just keep overlooking her name. Can you please point me to the correct page? :flowers:

You've been talking about shaikha nasser al khalifa, so i wanted to ask is that her ask.fm? ask.fm/missnishka

You've been talking about shaikha nasser al khalifa, so i wanted to ask is that her ask.fm? ask.fm/missnishka

I guess you mean "Sheikha Sheikha" who is married to Sheih Nasser,"Nasser" is a boy´s name! Probably the most famous carrier of that name (as a last name,not surname) is "Gamal Abdel Nasser" (Egyptian president from 19 June 1967 – 28 September 1970) :flowers:

The German wikipedia also mentions other people with this name
Nasser is the family name of:
Badia Hadj Nasser (* 1938), marokkanische Psychoanalytikerin und Schriftstellerin
Chamsan Nasser-Saeed (* 1968), dschibutischer Tennisspieler
Gamal Abdel Nasser (1918–1970), ägyptischer Oberst und Staatspräsident 1954 bis 1970
Hassen Ben Nasser (* 1986), tunesischer Radrennfahrer
Jacques Nasser (* 1947), australischer Manager
Jamil Nasser (1932–2010), US-amerikanischer Jazz-Bassist
Kamal Nasser (1925-1973), palästinensischer Intellektueller und Aktivist, Mitglied der PLO-Führung
Mohammed Nasser Ahmed, jemenitischer Politiker
Nassir Abdulaziz al-Nasser (* 1952), katarischer Diplomat
Nissim Nasser (* 1968), libanesisch-israelischer Spion
Zaid Nasser, US-amerikanischer Jazz-Altsaxophonist

Nasser is the first name of:
Nasser Al-Attiyah (* 1970), katarischer Rallyefahrer und Sportschütze
Nasser Hejazi (1949–2011), iranischer Fußballspieler und -trainer

Most of the twitter and facebook-profiles with famous names claiming to be sheikh/a XY are fake,so be careful when you meet such imposters,most celebrities and famous royals do not keep such a profile. Queen Rania & Sheikh Mohammed are exceptions,but Sheikh Mohammed´sons Majid,Hamdan and Mansoor also use fb/twitter/instagram - most of the tweets are official messages,not personal quotes or thoughts.

Last edited:
:previous:
She is talking about the Sheikha Sheikha bin Nasser, see post #273. Her father is from Al Khalifa and her mother is from the Al Maktoums.

How many wifes and children have sheik rashid?

How many wifes and children have sheik rashid?

Which Sheikh Rashid do you mean? If you mean Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed, the son of the current ruler of Dubai: He isn´t married yet.

hello girls!!! i would like to know how its a wedding in arab culture specific in the UAE, because nobody post a pic or something that you can see whats the celebration looks like, please can someone tell me?

Does anybody know what sheikh Rashid support in dubai (football) ? ?
What team sheikh Rashid bin mohammed is support?

Last edited by a moderator:
What team sheikh Rashid bin mohammed is support?

As far as I know Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed is a supporter of Al Ahli football club.

Last edited:
Hello!

I have a question: who is sheikha rawdha bint hasher al maktoum? I think she is sheikh saeed bin maktoum bin juma al maktoum wife but who is her father?

Not sure, but I think her father is Shaikh Hasher bin Juma al Maktoum. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does sheikh rashid bin Mohammed now as far I know sheikh rashid want to be a vice president of alnasr football club

Where does sheikh rashid bin Mohammed now as far I know sheikh rashid want to be a vice president of alnasr football club

Al Nasr football club is chaired by Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President is Ahmed Khouri. Shaikh Rashid bin Mohammed involved in the field of equestrian sport and owns a horse racing stable, Zabeel.

husband of Sheikha Shaikha bint Rashid Al-Maktoum

Does anyone know the full name of the Saudi Prince that married Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid's sister. who is Sheikha Shaikha bint Rashid bin Saeed Al-Maktoum? Is he Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Mohammed Al-Saud? What kind of work does he do or what position does he have? Any pictures? Are they still married to each other?

Does anyone know the full name of the Saudi Prince that married Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid's sister. who is Sheikha Shaikha bint Rashid bin Saeed Al-Maktoum? Is he Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Mohammed Al-Saud? What kind of work does he do or what position does he have? Any pictures? Are they still married to each other?

The sister of Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Sheikha Mariam bint Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum) was married with Shaikh Ahmad bin ‘Ali Al-Thani of Qatar in 1957. She was his fourth wife. He died in London, November 1977. No pictures of her available publicly.

Last edited:
The sister of Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Sheikha Mariam bint Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum) was married with Shaikh Ahmad bin ‘Ali Al-Thani of Qatar in 1957. She was his fourth wife. He died in London, November 1977.

Thank you so what was the name of his sister who married the Saudi Prince Abdulaziz. I read it somewhere a long time ago but I forgot...

Thank you so what was the name of his sister who married the Saudi Prince Abdulaziz. I read it somewhere a long time ago but I forgot...

There is no sister of Shaikh Mohammed who married to a Saudi prince.

Back
Top Bottom