General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as she's a daughter of a Shiekh , then she's a Sheikha . :)

i'm sure sheikha maitha's mom is Muslim...but i was just using an her as an example...but my question was: if a women isn't officially going to be recognized as a sheikh's wife and is going to a "hush hush" wife, would it matter if she was a Muslim or a convert?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting question faith and I also would like a greater understanding.

My understanding is that muslim men can marry "chaste women" who hold certain faiths including Christianity and Judaism. What does chaste mean in this context? Though I also understand some Imans disagree with this and as for muslim women they can only marry muslim men or so I understand. Is this true?

...if a women isn't officially going to be recognized as a sheikh's wife...would it matter if she was a Muslim or a convert?
Not at all, it's up to her and no one can force her to convert or whatever! The religion has nothing against this nor the culture as I said earlier BUT of course locals prefer a muslim arabic lady to be a sheikh's wife.....:flowers:

@Kerry: that's true, muslim women can only marry muslim men :flowers:

Rashid...went to Sandhurst in London.:flowers:
Sandhurst isn't in London it's in Surrey and the website is www.sandhurst.mod.uk The proper name is Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, abbreviated to RMAS.
Are they also frequenting Fortnum and Masons?Thats my favourite place for shopping:)
(It is also owned by the same group like Selfridges and Harrods)
No.. Harrods was owned by Mohammed Al Fayed but he just sold it last month to a holding company owned by the Qatari royal family. Selfridges was founded by an American, never owned by Al Fayed. When I went for an interview at F&M it was actually owned by a food processing company. Not sure who owns it now but Mohammed Al Fayed never owned Selfridges and Fortnums.

Interesting question faith and I also would like a greater understanding.

My understanding is that muslim men can marry "chaste women" who hold certain faiths including Christianity and Judaism. What does chaste mean in this context? Though I also understand some Imans disagree with this and as for muslim women they can only marry muslim men or so I understand. Is this true?

@ Kerry - your comment totally contradicts Islam founding principles...I'm a practicing Catholic, however, I am a geeky historian so I'll tread lightly here...History tell us the prophet Mohammed first married Khadijah bint Khuwaylid? Khadijah was previously married with other children, I am sure she was not celibate...! Being chaste would assume one is pure and never been touched by man. Only unless her daughters were conceived by the immaculate conception???:ohmy::previous:

@ faith_g - When S. Mo Bin R. interviewed on 60 minutes..he acknowledged he has 4 wives. Only spoke of Hind then the interviewer acknowledge Haya, and Mo just smiled. (kinda fake)

@ Fatisse taleb - I know many Muslim woman who has American husbands. I know a few American men who converted to Islam because they met someone over in Iraq, Kuwait or Afgan.... There are 11 Muslim on my team only 3 are married to other Muslim....the rest are married to American men of the Caucasoid ethnicity. I'll just sum that up to a Middle East comment.

@ faith_g - When S. Mo Bin R. interviewed on 60 minutes..he acknowledged he has 4 wives. Only spoke of Hind then the interviewer acknowledge Haya, and Mo just smiled. (kinda fake)

Was this a recent interview?

@ Fatisse taleb - I know many Muslim woman who has American husbands. I know a few American men who converted to Islam because they met someone over in Iraq, Kuwait or Afgan.... There are 11 Muslim on my team only 3 are married to other Muslim....the rest are married to American men of the Caucasoid ethnicity. I'll just sum that up to a Middle East comment.

Muslim women from a relegious perspective are only allowed to marry muslim men. BUT at the end of the day it's a choice so you can respect this or not and yes some muslims don't care at all!! if your friends are married to non muslims it doesn't mean that this allowed by the religion. :flowers:

Muslim women from a relegious perspective are only allowed to marry muslim men. BUT at the end of the day it's a choice so you can respect this or not and yes some muslims don't care at all!! if your friends are married to non muslims it doesn't mean that this allowed by the religion. :flowers:

@ Dazzling - it happened sometime in 2007 here is a shorter version of the link
YouTube - Sheikh Mohamed Bin Rashid 60 Minutes مقابلة محمد بن راشد P 1

@ Fatisse taleb - I understand the religion, however, being here in America I don't think there are many Muslims' who are actually practicing the beliefs correctly. However, I could be wrong. I only know theory, I'm not a Muslim. They are not friends just staff members... I don't talk about religious beliefs at work. In fact, one of my mentor, retired last week for making racial comments about Israel. THe funny thing is she broke a #1 rule she taught me over 17 years ago when I was in undergrad interning. It's funny how we say one thing, but do the opposite.

Last,y, its hard being here as a Muslim attempting to raise your children with your values and have American values try to convert them. I know several Somalians who are trying to fit in and having trouble adjusting with traditional cultures and new ones.

I have read that the worst place for diabetes in the world is an island called Nauru in the South Pacific, where 40% of the 14,000 population has it. UAE is #2 with 25% of adults over 20 having diabetes.

I was wondering whether any of the Al Maktoums have diabetes ? Secondly, are they much involved with the Imperial College London Diabetes Centre in Dubai ?

The Imperial college London diabetes center is in Abu Dhabi.
Its not only a diabetes center but a health center, its one of the best centers in the UAE so who knows if they are or not but health issues/hospitals/doctors are not something which people know about.

anyone know anything bout sheikha sheikha's due date...if i remember correct she's due sometime this summer rt?

I've just watched the Program The World's Richest Teenager and Me and it included a boy called Eilan, who said his sister was marrying into the Dubai royal family next year.
Are there any upcoming weddings?

That's interesting... Was he a royal kid or just a rich teenage?

The boy called Eilan was a rich teenager, but he was showing the presenter around his house and he showed him a picture of his sister at her graduation with Sheikh Mohammed and then he said she is getting married to one of the royals next year.
Heres the recipe and some info.
The World's... and Me - 4oD - Channel 4

Her face was blanked out in the picture we saw, if she is getting married next year, when would they announce an engagement?

Peace! May I ask. (^v^)v
The Al-Maktoum family pray slightly differently from I do [see here]
They have their hands on the sides, while I do it like the Imam (the man at the front)
Why is that? Just find it interesting.

May every muslim have a blessed Ramadhan, may Allah SWT Bless! (^v^)

you right sofness i pray how you pray with my hands on my chest... maybe they didn't really start the prayer maybe everyone was praying on their own...
sorry i don't know how to explain myself...

the way you place your hands changes according to your "math'hab" there are 4 math'hab for sunnah... each math'hab follows a sertan Imam
there is Hanbal (saudi arabia and most gulf follows)
Shafei , Hanafi, Maleki
sorry in U.A.E they follow al-Maleki thats why they place thier hands on sides...

now the other group of muslims who do that are she'aah

but i think in uae its case number one

News
i didn't notice it before:)i found this video, it shows how they pray.in turkey we also pray like you sofness
:flowers:

:previous:i mean, we also put our hands to our chest while praying. but at the video and the picture which sofness send, they pray slightly different.:)

I want to ask : if still marriage from relatives common in Dubai why sheikh Mohammad's daughters or sons are not married from sheikh Hamdan's ( his brother ) ones ?

I want to ask : if still marriage from relatives common in Dubai why sheikh Mohammad's daughters or sons are not married from sheikh Hamdan's ( his brother ) ones ?

Maybe they are to young to get married now.
Sheikha Hussa's husband is a relative and so is Sheikha Latifa's husband.

does anyone of you know what is the difference between a princess and a sheikha? Is a sheikha not also a princess? And why aren't they called Princess but sheikha?

does anyone of you know what is the difference between a princess and a sheikha? Is a sheikha not also a princess? And why aren't they called Princess but sheikha?

a Princess is from a ROYAL family when the ruler is a King
a Sheikha is from a ruling family in Gulf countries which means a Big Tribe that people decided to give the power to rule them, as far as im concerned

Hi everyone!

I have a question I am not sure if this was asked before since I have not gone through all the posts but if Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the eldest son of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum how is it that Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum was made Crown Prince. Does the title not pass on to the eldest son? (PLEASE NOTE THOUGH THAT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO OBJECTION ABOUT FAZAA BEING CROWN PRINCE).

What is the process used by the Dubai ruling family?

Well its not a kingdom so the title doesnt necessary go to the eldest son but to the person they think is the Best for the title: brother , son , cousin ...
Like Before Sheikh Mohd it was Sheikh Maktoum his brother

There is a reason they are called Ruling Families and that is the family powerbrokers decide who should be entrusted with State responsibilities and positions of authority.
In Rashid's case, being the first-born son of the Senior Wife was obviously not enough.

wow ^^ thanks alot sally1234 and Warren!

Back
Top Bottom