General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually i have another question more , maybe little stupid
Is Rashid Majed their personal singer i have seen a lot pictures videos where his songs are playback i think the song Maryam is is dedicated to Maryam
and i saw another thread where was posted Sheikha wedding music was perfomed by him
i would like listen this kind music more but in nogomi i don't see those songs
so where i get those songs

Rashid almajid is a saudi singer but i think the family likes him as he sings alot for him. also Hussain aljasmi and mehad hamad.
if you are looking for songs written by shiekh Hamdan including the song for Maryam and Shiekha's wedding then your best bet is his formal web site. it has a link to all his songs.

thank you
i going to look if there is songs
i didn't know that Sheikh Hamdan writing songs too i knew that he writing poems it shows he is very talented guy :)

hi everyone, since i'm new in this forum (but i'm an passive reader for a long time ago), i have a question, is someone from Maktoum family is one of the member in this forum??

hi everyone, since i'm new in this forum (but i'm an passive reader for a long time ago), i have a question, is someone from Maktoum family is one of the member in this forum??

We don't know as many don't reveal who they are.

Wait so hamdan write songs????

Sheikh Hamdan is a poet, many of his poems are handed over to singers to sing.

Hey everyone :flowers:

I was reading Sheikh Hamdan's poems today and I was wondering if his sisters also write them? For example I heard that Maryam writes some poems. What about Sheikha Shaikha? Once I found a poem about Sheikh Nasser and someone said it was written by Shaikha:unsure:

shiekha Maryam does write poetry but for the other girls i read 2 poems for shiekha latifa 2nd. but never shiekha so i
dont know

Hey everyone :flowers:

I was reading Sheikh Hamdan's poems today and I was wondering if his sisters also write them? For example I heard that Maryam writes some poems. What about Sheikha Shaikha? Once I found a poem about Sheikh Nasser and someone said it was written by Shaikha:unsure:

Hi! Could you post a link to the poem, please? Thank you so much :flowers:

What is the protocol or etiquette when interacting with senior memebers of the Dubai royal family - sheikhs and sheikhas?

What is the protocol or etiquette when interacting with senior memebers of the Dubai royal family - sheikhs and sheikhas?

Saying hello whether by shaking hands or kissing them on the cheek. Some people (by choice) kiss the senior and less senior royals on their shoulder.

Guys, this thread is in the Ruling Family of Dubai sub-forum. Therefore general questions posted here should relate specifically to the Al Maktoum Ruling Family of Dubai.

Posts about marriage traditions within the Ruling Family should be posted in the Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family thread.

Questions about specific members of the Ruling Family should be posted in the appropriate thread (if there is one), otherwise in the
Ruling Family of Dubai current events thread.

Other relevant threads:
Sheikh Mohammed's Children
Sheikh Mohammed's Wives
Styles and Titles
Palaces and Homes of the Ruling Family

Posts relating to cultural traditions in Dubai and the other emirates should be posted in the
UAE and Gulf States: Social and Cultural Traditions thread in the Members' Corner General Discussion area.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation. :flowers:
Warren
UAE moderator

Last edited:
I watched some videos from Royal Ascot when Colour Vision won the Ascot Gold Cup for Goldolphin and HH Sheikh Mohammed.

As Frankie Dettori rode into the Winners' Enclosure, it looked like HH Sheikh Hamdan darted over, leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek as Frankie was still on the horse. When Frankie Dettori dismounted he went up to HH Sheikh Mohammed and gave him a hug and kiss.

I thought Sheikh Hamdan's gesture was lovely and Sheikh Mohammed didn't look a bit fazed to get hugged and kissed by his jockey.

We Brits have the rep of being a bit stiff upper lip (although after the death if Diana, Princess of Wales I think we're less stiff) but I just can't imagine HRH The Prince of Wales or even Prince Harry giving a jockey a kiss, let alone a jockey hugging The Queen.

So is it an Al Maktoum thing to give and receive such affection, a UAE thing in general or just the good relationship between Sheikhs Mohammed and Hamdan and their jockey ?

I thought it was nice and very appropriate.

I think it depends a lot on how great of a racing enthusiast the royal is, how demonstrative in general their society is, and the fact that this was two adult men after a competition.

For some reason, men the world over seem more prone to hugging after a win - even the men you think are stiff. Golf immediately came to mind (because I am an enthusiast) and I thought of Ryder Cup Teams, Tiger Woods and his Caddy (and NO ONE touches Tiger, usually). Other examples of odd affection after a win in the sporting world include Gatorade being thrown on coaches, tennis players climbing into the stands, etc. Plus there are lots of examples of race winners hugging their jockeys. Granted, QRII won't be seen that way any time soon - but I think that royal family is an exceptionally stiff one. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say I saw anything wrong in it, I think it's nice that Sheikh Mohd is on such good terms with his jockey that Frankie Dettori would just spontaneously hug and kiss him. I also felt it was sweet of Sheikh Hamdan to congratulate Frankie Dettori like that and it made me smile.

Still don't know whether that's just them or something done in their family or whether people in UAE or more demonstrative.

I kinda agree but have to say the Queen's Olympic debut was fantastic ! The Princess Royal looks like she has a fun side and I met her when I was a small child as she had a horse called Doublet which she competed on in a big horse show near me and me and my friend toddled up to her while she was exercising and demanded to stroke the horse much to my mother's embarrassment.

I didn't say I saw anything wrong in it, I think it's nice that Sheikh Mohd is on such good terms with his jockey that Frankie Dettori would just spontaneously hug and kiss him. I also felt it was sweet of Sheikh Hamdan to congratulate Frankie Dettori like that and it made me smile.

Still don't know whether that's just them or something done in their family or whether people in UAE or more demonstrative..

Hugh or kisses on cheeks and nose are normal salutations or a sign of special joy between people with the same gender in UAE. :flowers:

I have a question to all who might answer. What are the eyes of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum? I mean dark brown, blue or black? I really cant figure out with all the pics available! Thanks in response!

I have a question to all who might answer. What are the eyes of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum? I mean dark brown, blue or black? I really cant figure out with all the pics available! Thanks in response!

.....a kind of gray-blue, but more dark-grayish than blue

Last edited:
Guys i think you have heard about sheikh mohammed's brother, the one who tortured an afghan man. i forgot his name. so i wanna ask, whether it was published in local news and do people know about this issue? as i know london government gave him 24 hours to live the country when they heard that this is in their country.

I have never heard about that case-Sheikh Mohammed´s brother was not accused of such things, I think you confuse this with the torture case in the Al Nahyan family,or something completely different?

Here is the sheikh who is linked to such stories,he is the brother of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan but not related to the Dubai Ruling family: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issa_bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan

Last edited:
Right, it was Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al Nahyan, who tortured a Afghan grain trader near his farm outside in the desert. This case has nothing to do with the ruling family of Dubai.

so i wanna ask, whether it was published in local news and do people know about this issue?

In UAE this case is known. But is an old story (happened: 2004, widely discussed in public and newspapers worldwide: 2009).

as i know london government gave him 24 hours to live the country when they heard that this is in their country.

?????this is in their country????? This case took not place in UK.

The case of Sheikh Issa isn´t related to the ruling family of Dubai. Therefore more informations you will be found here on TRF: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...zayed-torture-scandal-april-2009-a-21249.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, it was Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al Nahyan, who tortured a Afghan grain trader near his farm outside in the desert. This case has nothing to do with the ruling family of Dubai.

In UAE this case is known. But is an old story (happened: 2004, widely discussed in public and newspapers worldwide: 2009).

The case of Sheikh Issa isn´t related to the ruling family of Dubai. Therefore more informations you will be found here on TRF: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...zayed-torture-scandal-april-2009-a-21249.html
in wiki written in US i think it was in US-court, i remember one interview so i jus thought in uk

in wiki written in US i think it was in US-court, i remember one interview so i jus thought in uk

An American who had got himself in trouble with the Sheikh has submitted an application to court in the U.S. However, he had nothing to do with the matter (neither victims nor involved in the offense). The incident itself happened in the UAE in 2004. Britain had no part in this matter. As mentioned in my post # 266, you can find various information posted in this separate thread.

I believe the Wikipedia entry about this terrible story is very detailed and there is also a video on youtube for ppl who want to see what happened,but I would not encourage anyone to do so because it is very brutal. Furthermore as previously mentioned this case is only involving Sheikh Issa and his supporters but not the Al Maktoum family!
I hope that Sheikh Issa gets professional help because he is such a danger to other people and also damaged the reputation of his family & his country because he is member of the ruling family and they should represent their culture in a positive way and be good role models to their citizens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom