The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2018, 02:48 AM

weddings in UAE Dubai

Hi. What is the wedding tradition of the sheikhs? I know men and women don't mix but once the groom enters the woman's area, who is allowed there? what happens?

Old 06-01-2018, 06:21 PM

Royal Children 1980's

I lived in Dubai as a child. From 1981-1984 I went to Dubai English Speaking School and went to school with some of the royal family's children. One of the royal family's children, Princess Jumana, was a childhood friend in the same class as me and I went to one of the palace's a few times for playdates. I just wondered if anyone had any information on what she is doing now? I'm 44 years old now so I guess she will be the same age thereabouts. Many Thanks.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshearman View Post
I lived in Dubai as a child. From 1981-1984 I went to Dubai English Speaking School and went to school with some of the royal family's children. One of the royal family's children, Princess Jumana, was a childhood friend in the same class as me and I went to one of the palace's a few times for playdates. I just wondered if anyone had any information on what she is doing now? I'm 44 years old now so I guess she will be the same age thereabouts. Many Thanks.
I can not find any information about this princess.

Who are the parents of Princess Jumana?

And what were the festivals and the palace like?
Old 06-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Majesty

If a princess, she was probably from a different royal family as the members of the reigning families in the UAE are typically styled sheikh and sheikha.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Has anyone seen any pictures of Saeed bin Rashid al Maktoums wife (assuming he is still married to the daughter of Sheikh Obaid)? Do they have any children? What does she do?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeozge View Post
Hello everyone,I want to ask a question.Who is Raden Monica Silvia bint Raden Rachmat Drajat ? I ask because she's name passing with Hamdan :) sorry for my english :)
hi, i live in indonesia and i dont think that she is real. if you search her profile through internet there are some source said she is the eldest daughter of Their Majesties King Raden Rachmat Drajat and Queen Adienda Al Haq. but here, in indonesia no one never hear such name and such kingdom they come from.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:45 PM

Exactly, and Wikipedia gives completely different information on the king and queen, so I'm very sure this is a self styled princess.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Gentry

Does anybody here know a thing or two about Lateefa bint Maktoum, Maktoum bin Rashid's daughter? I find her different but also difficult to understand ever sine that Latifa bint Mohammed's video came out after she was nabbed by UAE authorities.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima.Qureshi View Post
Does anybody here know a thing or two about Lateefa bint Maktoum, Maktoum bin Rashid's daughter? I find her different but also difficult to understand ever sine that Latifa bint Mohammed's video came out after she was nabbed by UAE authorities.
Isn't she married to Sheikh Abdulla Al Nahyan. I saw some photos of her children on Instagram. She recently welcomed a baby girl named Sheikha Sanaa.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Isn't she married to Sheikh Abdulla Al Nahyan. I saw some photos of her children on Instagram. She recently welcomed a baby girl named Sheikha Sanaa.
That I know. I know everything about her marriage, and education, etc etc. but I am talking about her as a person. As in recently there has been a wave where the lives and personalities of many Maktoums came on the surface. A lot of them actually had a lot of skeletons in the closet. She, apparently, seems pretty normal and claims she is a very strong person. Often her posts are dedicated to her uncle Sheikh Mohammed, but then Latifa's bint Mohammed's (the one caught at a ship in India) claims and all the other talks about the ruler of Dubai start hounding me. How can someone be so nice to a person who has so much on his hands - irrelevant of the fact that they have close blood ties. Lateefa bint Maktoum's Instagram shows she is quite God-fearing, has a sensible head on her shoulders, and is a force to be reckoned with as far as her personality traits go.

So could anyone explain this? Or tell me if I am analyzing her too critically.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:00 PM

Why do some Dubai Princess don't wear hijab?

Why do some Dubai Princess don't wear hijab? Although many adopted Western style. Islam laws is only for poor people? I'm confuse.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

have you ever been in Dubai?
the only countries who have laws that force women to cover their heads are Iran and Saudi Arabia.
in UAE it's a choice that woman can freely take lot of chose to not wore hijab and not only the princesses.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:05 AM
Royal Highness

Mademoiselle Lilo is right. We dont have a law in UAE which forces women to wear hijab/sheila. Everyone can choose freely to wear or not. Both are accepted.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:15 AM

Why does muslim royal wife have many children? Sheika Hind bint Maktoum has 12 children. Any birth control. Muslims believe birth control is prohibited?
Old 03-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Commoner

Do you know who is Dalal bint Faisal Al Maktoum (dee.almaktoum) on instagram? She got married on March 15th. Do you know any information about her?
Old 03-24-2019, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjnorl View Post
Why does muslim royal wife have many children? Sheika Hind bint Maktoum has 12 children. Any birth control. Muslims believe birth control is prohibited?
In Islam it isnt forbidden to use birth control. Rather, the number of children has a cultural and - especially with ruling family in our region - also a political aspect. Many descendants may secure the political power of a ruling family in the future. And for the most families here children are welcome as they are considered as a kind of pension. If you have children you have hope they will care for you later in life.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Commoner

I have a question about intermarriages between UAE ruling families. I know there have been several marriages between Al Nahyan & Al Maktoum families, and recenly so many weddings between Al Maktoum and Al Qasimis. I've read about Al Qasimi/Al Nuaimi weddings, Al Nuaimi/Al Shargi (late ruler of Fujairah), Al Nahyan/Al Nuaimi/ Have there been any wedding between Al Nahyan and Al Qasimi families? Or Al Maktoum and Al Nuaimi?
Old 04-04-2019, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moon View Post
I have a question about intermarriages between UAE ruling families. I know there have been several marriages between Al Nahyan & Al Maktoum families, and recenly so many weddings between Al Maktoum and Al Qasimis. I've read about Al Qasimi/Al Nuaimi weddings, Al Nuaimi/Al Shargi (late ruler of Fujairah), Al Nahyan/Al Nuaimi/ Have there been any wedding between Al Nahyan and Al Qasimi families? Or Al Maktoum and Al Nuaimi?

In 2002, Sheikh Ahmed Bin Zayed Bin Saqr Al Nahyan married the daughter of HH Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi (then the ruler of Ras Al Khaimah).

Source: Al Bayan Newspaper
Old 07-05-2019, 08:58 PM

HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum marriages

It is of my understanding of UAE and international laws that HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is not allowed to take anymore wives at this time.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:48 AM

What's the relationship between Latifa Beljafla and Hessa Beljafla? If Hessa is Latifa's daughter then I'm confused how L. B. could have so many children with different men in different ages?!

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, sheikh, sheikha