Future of Sheikh Hamdan as administrator

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
99% agreement! :flowers: Generally traditions are not as static as they seem to like to be. Also within the ruling families of UAE a small challenge in the pursuit of traditions and protocol is recognizable. For instance: Apparantly Shaikh Majid married in January this year outside of protocol (the marriage procedure is meant and not the bride he chose) and without an approval of his family.

Iman, you mean to say Sheikh Majid married without the consent of his family? And does this also mean that the girl has taken Al-widah from her parents' house? I mean after nikah the girl leaves home finally. It was said earlier that it was just a nikah and not al-widah ceremony. I hope you get my point.

Iman, you mean to say Sheikh Majid married without the consent of his family? And does this also mean that the girl has taken Al-widah from her parents' house? I mean after nikah the girl leaves home finally. It was said earlier that it was just a nikah and not al-widah ceremony. I hope you get my point.

I think I get your point. There was a small wedding party held by the bride´s family after signing marriage contract (=nikah, called melcha in UAE) without mention in the press later. It can be seen as a farewell (al-widah) or wedding reception for the bride. No one of his family attended the wedding ceremony. After his wedding he was deposed from his public duties. With the signing of a wedding contract a marriage is legal and can be consumed if there will be no other traditions or protocol to follow. For more informations please have a look at page 4 to 5 in the right thread .

Last edited:
Yes I know nikah (milcha) is followed by الوداع ceremony and marriage can be consummated after nikah, but Beljafla Al Muhairi family is a renowned and well respected family then why Sheikh Majid was disposed from duties. Is it normal for a girl's family to give her hand in marriage into a family that doesn't recognize/ congratulate couple. A lot if Sheikhs have married non sheikhas then why the rage over this man.

Yes I know nikah (milcha) is followed by الوداع ceremony and marriage can be consummated after nikah, but Beljafla Al Muhairi family is a renowned and well respected family then why Sheikh Majid was disposed from duties. Is it normal for a girl's family to give her hand in marriage into a family that doesn't recognize/ congratulate couple. A lot if Sheikhs have married non sheikhas then why the rage over this man.

Sorry Fatima but its the wrong thread to discuss this point here. Therefore, an answer was posted here.

Last edited:
Online rumours that the Crown Prince of Dubai, HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, has got engaged are groundless, the Dubai government’s media department has said.

It was clear from the begining.... In addition to the false facts in the text the dubious media used a picture which showed Rahma Riad, a Iraqi singer and actress, who is living in Bahrain. The picture was taken in 2010!

Last edited:
The tweet:
. @DXBMediaOffice asserts that recent rumors on social media platforms about engagement of Dubai Crown Prince @HamdanMohammed is groundless

Positivity is the key, says Shaikh Hamdan: article

Shaikh Hamdan made the remarks while attending the innovation workshop on Tuesday. The workshop, which is part of a series of brainstorming sessions in which experts from different sectors of the Dubai government and private institutions are participating in, is in preparation for the launch of the Dubai Plan 2021.

Back
Top Bottom