Dubai Ruling Family at the Epsom Derby: 2004-2005, 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Haya would be wearing a hat, seems not.
Quite nice how Haya is in a polka dress and Sheikh Mohammed in a polka dot tie.

I am surprised to see that Princess Haya gave HM a kiss on the cheek and got away with it.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/11...78020A24428C6B29FB9E557C46AC249991A77D1099F07
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/11...A7F02C4E0C0E3B29FB9E557C46AC2231470C15E4F8AEE

I remember when Ernst August did the same thing and was crucified by the british media for lack of respect. Or Michelle Obama, whe she touched HM on the shoulder:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68856&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1103442974

Princess Haya is the daughter of a King who was a friend of The Queen and she's married to a Sheikh who is a friend of the Queen. Plus she's in the FEI in which The Princess Royal is involved.

Prince Ernst of Hanover is only distantly related to The Queen, it was George III who was the first Hanoverian British King and that's way back in the 18th century. He's married to Princess Caroline of Monaco and since HSH Princess Grace dies they are seen by many as a bit too Eurotrash Hello! for many Brits.

Some people will see First Lady's gesture to The Queen as disrespectful. It's got nothing to do with colour, just protocol and I think it would be the stuffier people who think that.

i cant figure out why sheikh Mohammed's hair is still black, he is 63 but looks young, or he colurs his hair?

Princess Haya looks lovely with this big "My Fair Lady"-inspired hat, the colour red suits her very well too. I could not see any of Sheikh Mohammed´s children, isn´t he accompanied by some of his sons (or daughters)? We have seen Sheikh Hamdan,Rashid,Mansoor and Majid at the Royal Epsom in the past, but in the photos above I did not see any of them which is rather unusual.

http://royalhats.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/more-royals-at-the-races/
Now we know that the men´s hats are made of silk, I always believed they were made of some type of fine wool:)

Last edited:
Mashallah, Princess Haya looks beautiful like ever! Thanks for sharing the amount of pictures.

Princess Haya looks lovely with this big "My Fair Lady"-inspired hat, the colour red suits her very well too. I could not see any of Sheikh Mohammed´s children, isn´t he accompanied by some of his sons (or daughters)? We have seen Sheikh Hamdan,Rashid,Mansoor and Majid at the Royal Epsom in the past, but in the photos above I did not see any of them which is rather unusual.

More Royals at the Races | Royal Hats
Now we know that the men´s hats are made of silk, I always believed they were made of some type of fine wool:)

It's reported that Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed was in attendance.

VP, Crown Prince attend Epsom Derby race
gulftoday.ae article

I would expect him to attend Epsom, he always does,but usually we also see him in the pictures!

i cant figure out why sheikh Mohammed's hair is still black, he is 63 but looks young, or he colurs his hair?

That's his secret. Nobody knows.....;)

Well, it is in a person´s DNA,some ppl get grey hair with 30 and other people with different genetic background keep their dark hair colour up into the 80ies.I have seen both extremes....
Somehow I don´t believe that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid relies on chemicals to keep his hair black...I might be wrong,but he does not seem to be very vain or overly interested in his looks and appearance.
Are there any news about his sons (did anyone apart from Sheikh Hamdan attend?) and did they have any horses in the competitions?
This year we have very impressive horse names-Ocovango,Ruler Of The World,Chopin & many more :)

i know...like anyone he dries his hair. lol

Haha, we should open a poll and ask the TRF-users if they believe he is adding to hisnatural hair colour with chemical help or not (....and if you have ticked "yes", what colour does he use? What brand does he prefer? Does he get his hair done at the same hair stylist that Princess Haya is frequenting?) :p

a)YES
b)NO
c) I don´t know...Maybe?
d) I don´t care!

:D

Last edited:
Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain, Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum and other Shaikhs attended Epsom Racecourse in UK yesterday.

Third Epsom Oaks success for Godolphin: gulfnews

Last edited:
EPSOM, ENGLAND - JUNE 06: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (L) and Princess Haya bint Al Hussein attend Ladies Day at the Investec Derby Festival at Epsom Downs Racecourse on June 6, 2014 in Epsom, England. (Photo by David M. Benett/Getty Images for Investec)

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

June 6, 2015 - Sheikh Mohammed, Sheikh Hamdan and Princess Haya attended the derby.

Haya sporting a new haircut, looks so much nicer.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Mohammed meets Queen Elizabeth II
Article and picture gallery

Last edited:
JUNE 04, 2016: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (L) and Princess Haya bint Al Hussein attend Derby Day during the Investec Derby Festival, celebrating The Queen's 90th Birthday, at Epsom Downs Racecourse on June 4, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images for Invested)

Shaikh Mohammed attended Epsom Race 2017 on Saturday. He was accompanied by Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed and HRH Princess Haya bint Al Hussein.

Godolphin's Laugh Aloud, ridden by James Doyle, won the 1700 metre Princess Elizabeth stakes (Group 3).

Shaikh Hamdan received the prize amidst overwhelming applause.

Sheikh Mohammed, Princess Haya and Sheikha Al Jalila attended the Ladies Day of the 2018 Investec Derby Festival at Epsom Downs Racecourse, Epsom, today, June 1:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Back
Top Bottom