Dubai Ruling Family & horse racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most amusing part of his six month ban is that it ends on October 3.

The most amusing part of his six month ban is that it ends on October 3.

I did not understand th eban if it ends in October then Sheikh Mohammed would be banned from racing since April but yet he participated in a race in England and won 1st place. Where is the ban? Unless I am missing something which I am sure I am not.

I did not understand th eban if it ends in October then Sheikh Mohammed would be banned from racing since April but yet he participated in a race in England and won 1st place. Where is the ban? Unless I am missing something which I am sure I am not.

I am only gessing now but maybe the event he participated in and won was not listed as FEI event or something that counts as "official". Maybe he set up and sponsored his own event and won it - wouldn't be the first time would it :p

It was clear that there wouldn't be too much fuss about the issue since nobody will harm the goose that lays the golden eggs so to say. Where would parts of horsesport be without Mo's money :innocent:

I am only gessing now but maybe the event he participated in and won was not listed as FEI event or something that counts as "official". Maybe he set up and sponsored his own event and won it - wouldn't be the first time would it :p

It was clear that there wouldn't be too much fuss about the issue since nobody will harm the goose that lays the golden eggs so to say. Where would parts of horsesport be without Mo's money :innocent:

Euston Park Endurance ride is listed as FEI CEI 3* ride. Looking at the calender the ride was listed as private and the actuall race ok place August 9, 2009

Dubai crown prince banned from equestrian for riding doped horse
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAUSANNE, Switzerland — The International Equestrian Federation has banned the crown prince of Dubai from riding in endurance races for 10 months after his horse tested positive for a steroid.

Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed al Maktoum was also ordered to pay 5,250 Swiss francs (C$5,337) in fine and costs, according to a ruling published on the FEI's website... - Full Article

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAUSANNE, Switzerland — The International Equestrian Federation has banned the crown prince of Dubai from riding in endurance races for 10 months after his horse tested positive for a steroid.

Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed al Maktoum was also ordered to pay 5,250 Swiss francs (C$5,337) in fine and costs, according to a ruling published on the FEI's website... - Full Article

Thanks for this Dazzling!
I suppose it could have been worse..

Here is an article talking about Sheikh Mohammed's ban and that it ended on October 3, 2009 - Article

didn't exactly know where this would fit...but yeah like 25 mins ago...Sheikh Rashid's horse Conveyance lost the Kentucky Derby really bad....he led the race in the beginning but towards the just seem to have run out of gas...n fell really behind...not sure but i think conveyance came in 15th.
does anyone know if sheikh Rashid was there at the race himself?
*pix hopefully...fingers crossed

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

He did it again!!!! I can't believe it!! I told him not to do so

Sheikh Mohammed's recycled racehorses

If you live in the UK and are an EXPERIENCED rider, able to provide an ex Goldolphin horse with continuing training and a loving home, if approved you could have a Goldolphin gelding for 100.00 GBP + VAT.

I love the idea that Sheikh Mo funds rehabilitation for horses that haven't made the grade or are retired.

Lots of them are getting a new career in dressage, showjumping, showing, eventing, hunting, polo or just being companion animals and family hacks and doing Pony Club stuff.

www.darleyrehoming.co.uk

If you live in the UK and are an EXPERIENCED rider, able to provide an ex Goldolphin horse with continuing training and a loving home, if approved you could have a Goldolphin gelding for 100.00 GBP + VAT.

I love the idea that Sheikh Mo funds rehabilitation for horses that haven't made the grade or are retired.

Lots of them are getting a new career in dressage, showjumping, showing, eventing, hunting, polo or just being companion animals and family hacks and doing Pony Club stuff.

www.darleyrehoming.co.uk

Its good seeing that they are giving the horses another career and at the much I think many people will be able to afford them which makes it easier for them to go to new homes.

Princess Haya is Patron of Retraining of Racehorses thread. I wonder if this has anything to do with it or they might work together for this cause. Would be interesting to see.

I used to work in racing and giving a horse certain brands of chocolate bar can cause a horse to fail a drugs test. I imagine FEI drug standards are similar.

Back
Top Bottom