Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

South

City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Hi, does anyone know what's happening with Princess Haya ? i can't find any latest news about her.
thanks in advance.

I heard thar too but there is no reliable source till now.

I always liked her and now I hope everything will turn to be good for her.

What a sad end for this marriage. I hope the princess & her children are safe now.

I've never understood this marriage, however they've always seemed to get on very well. But then the same could have been said in Morocco. Hopefully due to Hayas connections with King Abdullah we won't see a totally disappearing of this Princess.

Isn't Abdullah celebrating an anniversary soon?

If it is true it is interesting that she went to Europe and to her native country where her brother is the King and ruler

The reports are not clear if they are already divorced or on their way for the divorce...anyway i hope she is fine with her kids

Let`s hope for a statement from either the Royal Hashemite Court or the Dubai Media Office.

I doubt,if i i am not mistaken neither Dubai or Jordan announce their divorce

And if Princess Haya is really in danger, King Abdullah wouldn't have expose her on risk.

I do find it surprising that, if true, Haya would not go to Jordan but then maybe relations there are that that good, King Abdullah is her half not full brother right? I guess it could simply be it was easier in some way for her to get to Germany.

I do find it surprising that, if true, Haya would not go to Jordan but then maybe relations there are that that good, King Abdullah is her half not full brother right? I guess it could simply be it was easier in some way for her to get to Germany.

Haya going to her brother puts Jordan in an extremely awkward position. I can see why she chose to go elsewhere, if all of this is true.

Although divorce is not un-Islamic, Sheikh Mohammed has had a lot of wives. So, I wish every happiness to Princess Haya and to her children.

I think that her home country Jordan is more safe for her & her children. They can all enjoy a normal life there under her family`s protection.

She was apparently one of his six wives.

Definitely he was married to many ladies throughout his life but don`t forget that he cannot combine more than four at the same time.
It is currently known that he has two only, the first & senior wife is his cousin Sheikha Hind Al Maktoum while the second is/was princess Haya.

Haya going to her brother puts Jordan in an extremely awkward position. I can see why she chose to go elsewhere, if all of this is true.

I don`t think so. At the end of the day, it is a personal matter and must not affect the relations between the two countries.

King Abdullah II & CP Hussein where in the UAE last week to attend a joint military drill with the Emarati Army. They were warmly welcomed by Abu Dhabi`s crown prince Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed. Despite the absence of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the event went very well as expected and both King Abdullah II & Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed praised the depth & solid relations between their two countries.

Last edited:
Can he force her to return to him ? I Don't know the laws in that country regarding the women.

I've never understood this marriage, however they've always seemed to get on very well. But then the same could have been said in Morocco. Hopefully due to Hayas connections with King Abdullah, we won't see a totally disappearing of this Princess.
Yes, I have never understood this marriage either and have always believed it was a political alliance rather than a western style "love match. I thought it lucky that if nothing else she was happy as were her children. However, if this talk of divorce and her fleeing the country and seeking asylum in Germany, I believe she really would have an honest fear for her life or that she and even her children may share her stepdaughter's fate.

I think that her home country Jordan is more safe for her & her children. They can all enjoy a normal life there under her family`s protection.
If it is true that she was reduced to seeking asylum in Germany, I would tend to believe her brother had not allowed her to return to Jordan. It could be a matter of her safety, a political inconvenience or her half brother may not feel enough affection for her to offset the political inconvenience of her being in Jordan

I think the main issue for this divorce, if true, is the children's question. Sheikh Mohammed will never agree that she takes their children with her and I think this is the reason of seeking asylum. I think Islamic law gives to the husband the custody of kids. So even if she files for divorce in UAE and she gets it she will leave the country alone. Of course if all this is true, nevertheless it seems likely because if it was not true princess Haya would have show up

I've never understood this marriage, however they've always seemed to get on very well. But then the same could have been said in Morocco. Hopefully due to Hayas connections with King Abdullah we won't see a totally disappearing of this Princess.

I think their marriage was a win-win at the beginning: Jordan is a poor country that needed a rich ally, Haya wanted a husband who could give her a role on world stage (UN, FEI, IOC) and Sheikh Mohammed needed a public wife, in this case muslim and with a western background, happy to pose and promote him and Dubai. In the end it seems that things weren't so easy behind closed doors. Haya always tried to downplay the Sheikhs private life with other wives in the western media, as if she was present and the rest was past but of course this was not true. Something must have led to the split and it was to be expected that Sheikh Mohammed will show no mercy. Jordan is not an option as KA will have no choice but to stand by his ally. It will be interesting to see what happens, Haya is too prominent to just vanish.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...e/news-story/5560c582efc558e76a070a00a625f514

Last edited:
If it is true that she was reduced to seeking asylum in Germany, I would tend to believe her brother had not allowed her to return to Jordan. It could be a matter of her safety, a political inconvenience or her half brother may not feel enough affection for her to offset the political inconvenience of her being in Jordan

As far as i know, Islamic law gives a woman the right to custody of her children as long as she does not remarry after divorce, and even obliges her husband to cover the expenses of his former wife and children.I still don`t believe that Princess Haya is planning to reside in Europe. Perhaps she is just taking a short break in London before moving back home with her children. I don't think King Abdullah II will oppose the return of his sister to her country at any time she wanted.
Certainly it will be a complicated divorce for both parties, especially when it comes to custody of their children. I expect that Sheikh Mohammed will not allow princess Haya to keep the children with her. He did not do so with any of his former wives.

I think their marriage was a win-win at the beginning: Jordan is a poor country that needed a rich ally, Haya wanted a husband who could give her a role on world stage (UN, FEI, IOC) and Sheikh Mohammed needed a public wife, in this case muslim and with a western background, happy to pose and promote him and Dubai. In the end it seems that things weren't so easy behind closed doors. Haya always tried to downplay the Sheikhs private life with other wives in the western media, as if she was present and the rest was past but of course this was not true. Something must have led to the split and it was to be expected that Sheikh Mohammed will show no mercy. Jordan is not an option as KA will have no choice but to stand by his ally. It will be interesting to see what happens, Haya is too prominent to just vanish.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...e/news-story/5560c582efc558e76a070a00a625f514

Well, things may have gone this way at the beginning of this union, but it later changed. I believe the couple's relationship with king Abdullah II & his wife Rania was not that warm. Both payed frequent visits to each other, but rarely met in public. I don't even remember when was the last time they posed together as couples.
King Abdullah II maintained an excellent relations with the rulers of Abu Dhabi, the strongest in the UAE IMO, therefore I do't think the alliance between the two countries will be greatly affected by this separation.

Last edited:
I'm a bit shocked by this rumour... If it's true, I hope Haya and the children are safe and protected

Things may have gone this way with the beginning of this marriage, but it changed later. I believe the couple's relationship was king Abdullah II & his wife Rania was not that warm. Despite their frequent visits to each other, they rarely met in public. I don't even remember when was the last time they appeared together as couples.
King Abdullah II maintains an excellent relations with the rulers of Abu Dhabi, the strongest in the UAE IMO, therefore I do't think the alliance between the two countries will be greatly affected by this separation.
I agree, I always thought that KA was happy to kind of get rid of Haya this way, because there was no role for her in Jordan but she started insisting of having one. Haya will have paid a heavy price for what looked a winning arrangement for everyone in the beginning, maybe she was aware what it really meant to marry Sheikh Mohammed and what comes with him, maybe not. After all this time, I’m surprised to see them split up. Of course the relations with UAE will not be affected because politics are politics and Haya is smart enough not to bring KA in an awkward position.

these rumours are strange, haya seemed such a devoted wife to the SM. only 6 months ago, she tried to help him with the situation with latifa by arranging that meet up with latifa and mary robinson.

Back
Top Bottom