The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagreen View Post
I was having a read of the case publication. And the judge has ruled that he found the allegation of forced marriage to be hearsay . Please correct me if I am wrong . Al jalilila is considered to be an al maktoum blood and that CP asking for her hand in marriage because she is a descendent of prophet does not make any sense . Also are there no other jordananian princesses. Close to his age that he can get married to ?
The dependent of prophet Mohammed are not only in Jordan! In saudi we have many families who are direct descendants the the prophet on both sides and are very respectable high class families, and the girls are very beautiful.
I don’t think prince Mohammed is looking To marry at all.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Close in age is not a deciding factor for some men.

Also its not a question if there is other Jordanian princesses who are single. But a question if they would marry him or would their parents enforce an arranged marriage on them.

But unmarried daughter of Jordanian princes (ones with a royal title and not just the Hashemite blood) who are adults:

-Sarah and Aisha- 23 year old twin daughters of Prince Faisal
-Iman and Salma- daughters of the king 24 and 20 this year
-Princess Raja'a- daughter of Prince Talal, 19
-Princess Jennah- borderline, she is only 17, daughter of Prince Ghazi

There are others but they would be daughters of royal princesses and not have the title simply the Hashemite blood.

Al Jalila may only be a Hashemite on the female line, but she has royal blood on both sides, Dubai for her father and Hashemite for her mother. And unlike the daughters of Jordanian princesses, she has the royal title.
CP Mohammed does need an extra title, I don’t think he ever thought about this marriage.
I think only Haya made this point in hopes to get the court to feel for her. Sheikh Mohammed never forced any of his daughters to marry , I don’t think he will start with the youngest!
It would make more sense that CP marries Futtaim as she she is older and much much more beautiful. But I really don’t think there was any marriage arrangement at all

Old 06-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
CP Mohammed does need an extra title, I don’t think he ever thought about this marriage.
I think only Haya made this point in hopes to get the court to feel for her. Sheikh Mohammed never forced any of his daughters to marry , I don’t think he will start with the youngest!
It would make more sense that CP marries Futtaim as she she is older and much much more beautiful. But I really don’t think there was any marriage arrangement at all
It is not nice to talk about beauty related to a baby bride, Jalila is only 11 and Futain an adult, a man's choice should be the adult woman not the pretty one..
And I think, indépendantly of if this story of arranged marriage for Jalila is true or not, the main point would be that sheikh Mohammed would value the great asset in his hand, being a Hashemite royal. So talking about choosing to marry another of his girls with the Saudi CP, pretty or not is irrelevant, as all the other girls have not the precious asset Jalila has.
We don't know if this story is true or not, but why it wouldn't? Arranged marriages are not rare in middle east and some of his other daughters also marry gulf royals, did they choose freely? Àl Jalila is 11 or 12, she could be promised soon and marry at 17, some of her older sisters married also at this age.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is not nice to talk about beauty related to a baby bride, Jalila is only 11 and Futain an adult, a man's choice should be the adult woman not the pretty one..
And I think, indépendantly of if this story of arranged marriage for Jalila is true or not, the main point would be that sheikh Mohammed would value the great asset in his hand, being a Hashemite royal. So talking about choosing to marry another of his girls with the Saudi CP, pretty or not is irrelevant, as all the other girls have not the precious asset Jalila has.
We don't know if this story is true or not, but why it wouldn't? Arranged marriages are not rare in middle east and some of his other daughters also marry gulf royals, did they choose freely? Àl Jalila is 11 or 12, she could be promised soon and marry at 17, some of her older sisters married also at this age.
Only one sister married at 17 and only one sister married from the gulf! And that is sheikha she also married a man who was only 4 years older than her and for love.
The bloodline you are talking about is available else where.
AlJalilah might grow up to be the most beautiful gild on earth but that is not my point.
Arrange marriages do not exist in the Middle East the way media portrait it in the west. And specially in royal families.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
none of sheikh Mohammed’s daughters are married outside UAE except for sheikha . As for the boys all of them got married to girls from the same family .he has never forced any of his daughters to marry anyone in particular.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagreen View Post
none of sheikh Mohammed’s daughters are married outside UAE except for sheikha . As for the boys all of them got married to girls from the same family .he has never forced any of his daughters to marry anyone in particular.
We have seen how he cut all the connection with his son Majid who married without his consent so saying that he doesn't force his children for marriage is not totally right but I don't think any of his daughters really forced to marry because they pretty much look happy as much as I think. Arrange marriages are part of the culture in many countries and families do have a huge part in marriages especially when a family like Al Maktoum. Many powerful people want their children to marry in other influential families so two influential families can come together for political or financial reasons and some marry within family so there will less compilations and power stays within the family. It is not new or anything that only Sheikh Mohammed does. A lot of people do that majority of the time parents and children gave their consent to it but since Princess Haya said Aljalila's alleged marriage talks with MBS is one of the reason she ran away from Dubai we can't say that Sheikh Mohammed did that with all his children. Sheikh Mohammed wants his children to do what he wants some children happily do that and some don't like Majid, Shamsa and Latifa .
Old 06-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasya View Post
We have seen how he cut all the connection with his son Majid who married without his consent so saying that he doesn't force his children for marriage is not totally right but I don't think any of his daughters really forced to marry because they pretty much look happy as much as I think. Arrange marriages are part of the culture in many countries and families do have a huge part in marriages especially when a family like Al Maktoum. Many powerful people want their children to marry in other influential families so two influential families can come together for political or financial reasons and some marry within family so there will less compilations and power stays within the family. It is not new or anything that only Sheikh Mohammed does. A lot of people do that majority of the time parents and children gave their consent to it but since Princess Haya said Aljalila's alleged marriage talks with MBS is one of the reason she ran away from Dubai we can't say that Sheikh Mohammed did that with all his children. Sheikh Mohammed wants his children to do what he wants some children happily do that and some don't like Majid, Shamsa and Latifa .
And we can add Mahra vel Christina to that list, because she reportedly returned to Greece to her mom.
As for the rest - I agree with you.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

All right guys, let's move on ... Please REMEMBER that we're not here to debate Sheikh Mohammad`s children marriages. I understand that it's all related to princess Haya`s claims but that discussion goes beyond the scope of this thread.

Rossina
UAE Forum Moderator
Old 06-14-2020, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

Dubai's billionaire ruler's latest divorce battle: Sheikh Al-Maktoum fights estranged wife Princess Haya over the future of their multi-million pound thoroughbred racehorses
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-battle.html
Old 06-15-2020, 08:07 AM

It’s d finitely going to get a lot tougher for Haya . She seems to have lost 6 of her horses. Meanwhile no news of her bodyguard either .
Old 06-17-2020, 03:39 PM
Gentry

Heres more on the divorced drama and the race horses:
https://www.tatler.com/article/princess-haya-sheikh-mohammed-fight-over-thoroughbred-race-horses-divorce
Old 07-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

What is now next? The divorce and money spliting decision I presume. Is it any date of hearing?
Old 07-09-2020, 07:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
What is now next? The divorce and money spliting decision I presume. Is it any date of hearing?
I got the assumption that the divorce is done in Dubai (the Muslim way) and that she brought money with her and that the legal case that is now closed was about the children only?
Old 07-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Majesty

You are right about the case. It is only about the custody of the children. It seems the divorce itself is a done deal.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You are right about the case. It is only about the custody of the children. It seems the divorce itself is a done deal.
No, the March judgment said Sheikh Mohammed agreed to kids staying in London. If he agreed to it what they have to decide about children's custody.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:48 AM
Commoner

It is very interesting to see that the main point of conflict in custody is the ownership of racehorses.

So the divorce has been done, from what I could read, most of the other points are set, but the main point of conflict is those animals. Which has surprised me a lot, did not know about how expensive those animals can be, but apparently this is quite an aristocracy thing, as you can read on many historical books about it.

Ah! by the way, I read on the thread someone suggesting where the judgment it should be, it was in London. Remembers the Princess had to escape from Dubai, but also Sheikh has a UK residency, so it was the only obvious location to place the judgment.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another reason entirely is that the quite a bit of the Sheikh's racing enterprise and stables are located in the UK.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda.moore View Post
It is very interesting to see that the main point of conflict in custody is the ownership of racehorses.

So the divorce has been done, from what I could read, most of the other points are set, but the main point of conflict is those animals. Which has surprised me a lot, did not know about how expensive those animals can be, but apparently this is quite an aristocracy thing, as you can read on many historical books about it.

Well, here is an example of just how valuable Thoroughbred race horses can be: The US Triple Crown winner American Pharoah won US$8.5 million on the track. His breeding rights were sold for an estimated $20 million. The stud fee his first year was $200,000 per mare; he bred 100 mares in the US and that many in Australia in his first year alone. That's $40 million per year. He has sired many winners, and his yearlings sell for six or seven figures. Of course, AP is one of the most valuable horses in the world, but Sheik Mo has horses that are pretty valuable too - his Godolphin Stable is one of the most prominent in the world.
Old Today, 03:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Well, here is an example of just how valuable Thoroughbred race horses can be: The US Triple Crown winner American Pharoah won US$8.5 million on the track. His breeding rights were sold for an estimated $20 million. The stud fee his first year was $200,000 per mare; he bred 100 mares in the US and that many in Australia in his first year alone. That's $40 million per year. He has sired many winners, and his yearlings sell for six or seven figures. Of course, AP is one of the most valuable horses in the world, but Sheik Mo has horses that are pretty valuable too - his Godolphin Stable is one of the most prominent in the world.
omg!! that is tons of money for a simple horse race! .Thanks for sharing this info, now it makes much more sense to me on understanding why they are fighting for those animals. Much more clear now.