Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think she will help Latifa or Shamsa. She just used their situation to prove that Mo will kidnap her or the children. I don't think he will, especially if the rumours are true that Zayed is not his son. I don't think she married for love. She married for the bag and she will sure regret having an affair with the bodyguard. I'm not saying though that Mo is better than her. They are both materialistic and pass together.

Last edited:
I think too that with time, Haya was aware of everything but she wanted the financial security and status acting as 'western wife' in return.
She only got out when she realized that she became the target herself, with her children. She was stupid enough to have that affair.

Money is not everything, Haya will not be happy despite all security she will always be looking over her shoulder, watching out for her ex-husband's henchmen, and what if the children don't see it her way and want to live with their father when they come of age, especially Al Jalila, who has been close to her father.

I'm sorry but I see in this thread a repetitive punition behavior toward Princess Haya as if it was her mistake about the evil nature her former husband seems to have.

It might have been an arranged marriage, where is the blame? Is that the only arranged one in this world? An arranged marriage is not necessary a future failed marriage and it starts by the acceptance that both parties find their positive sides. In this case she found money and power and he found a high lineage with a young and pretty occidentalized woman. Out of this Sh Mo is not an ugly repulsive man.

Many members of this thread claim that she knew. But she knew what? At the time of their marriage only the Samsa's story had happened, she might know it she might not. But know what? We are not in Europe mentality we are in the deep middle-east. Was it impossible that Samsa story was communicated (if) like the action of a concerned father to save her young daughter from external evil influences? Are all the middle-east young women absolutely free to walk around the world and only Samsa was not? So Pcs Haya should be shocked and realize the real nature of her husband?

And even if she was stupid enough to not understand all this, or to believe that he will be nice only with her, should she be punished to be in life risk all her life? Again the situation when a woman is responsible for everything?

She did mistakes yes, but none of these mistakes value her (neither to her kids) to be in such dramatic condition.
She took her kids from their father, yes. Understand that if he wants he can see them in UK (I don't really realize how, but ok)
If she had not acted this way and had left UAE alone, she would never see her kids again, never. Exactly like Manal's mother.

All these members who blame Haya what are they proposing?
- She should never marry Sh.Mo?
- She should not have the affair with the body guard? We are human beings and she was married with a polygamous husband ...
- She should have stay in Dubai after he had divorced her under Charia law and be afraid every day about her life and about losing her kids? (This was already communicated to her..)
- She should leave Dubai but alone and disappear hidden somewhere? Without seing her kids never and forever again?

Food for though.

Last edited:
She knew he was violent and tyrranical?

Totally agree with fandesacs2003 post no. 663.

I don't want to take sides with either of them. Everyone has their faults.

For Princess Haya and Sheikh Mo with public roles and world renown, it is not easy to raise children and protect them from the special dangers that come when one belongs to a ruling, famous family. The question always arises: who is your friend, who is your enemy? You have to pay special attention to the safety of children and family members. It is easier if everyone works “under one roof” and no one goes other ways. This is where they differ from “normal” families, who can give their adult children other options without having to fear for their own safety and that of the family. I think this point should not be forgotten when looking at it.

From a western perspective it may seem unusual for a father to try to influence / determine the way of life of his adult children. But from a Middle Eastern perspective, the view of the family and one's own descendants is very important. Here, ideas shaped by Islam and traditions certainly play a role (the children belong to the paternal family). Some norms or values ​​accepted in Europe are not yet integrated in our culture.

Only at the beginning of the new year will some changes be made in this direction, also from a legal point of view. UAE are orienting themselves more and more towards western ideas of life. Among other things, in UAE it is now possible to get married purely by the state without any religious reference and ceremony. Unlike in the past, it will no longer be a criminal offense for an unmarried couple to live together. Illegitimate children are increasingly being treated as legitimate children. And a lot more that I do not want to describe here in general, as it is not the topic of the thread. In short: it will take some time before certain values ​​are agreed between the two worlds. But the first steps have been taken.

Last edited:
We cannot make general statements. In order to well know a man/woman you have to live with. Otherwise he/she might show another face.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Im sorry but the wife must have been aware of his being a very severe and autocratic ruler and of issues with his other children. Even if she felt sure he really loved her and would never ill treat her, I think she must have been aware that he was far from a benign ruler and was a harsh father. If you know that someone's job is being a fairly tough and tyrannical ruler and that he has been very severe with his other children.. would you want to marry him? Even if you told yourself that he loved you and would not ill treat you?

Last edited:
From a western perspective it may seem unusual for a father to try to influence / determine the way of life of his adult children. But from a Middle Eastern perspective, the view of the family and one's own descendants is very important. Here, ideas shaped by Islam and traditions certainly play a role (the children belong to the paternal family). Some norms or values ​​accepted in Europe are not yet integrated in our culture.

The post you cited referred to Sheikha Shamsa's abduction and imprisonment by her father. And of course, Shamsa is as much a Middle Easterner as is her father.

The post you cited referred to Sheikha Shamsa's abduction and imprisonment by her father. And of course, Shamsa is as much a Middle Easterner as is her father.

My post referred more to the culturally influenced view in general and not to a specific occurrence.

And what could happen if Haya someday wants to marry again?

And what could happen if Haya someday wants to marry again?

The court ruling made it pretty clear that the children would have to stay with the mother in any case. And personally, I don't think she will remarry until the children are of legal age.

But generally the father of the kids can demand that the children be handed over to the father's family if the mother remarries (UAE law).

Last edited:
Thank you both.

The judge said Mohammed, who runs the Godolphin horse-racing operation, was a father who loved his two children, and that they in turn loved him.

But he criticised the sheikh's behaviour and his refusal to even acknowledge his ex-wife's role in caring for the children.

"His Highness’s behaviour towards the mother ... whether by threats, poems, coordinating press reports, covertly arranging to purchase property immediately overlooking hers, phone-hacking or in the conduct of this litigation, has been abusive to a high, indeed exorbitant, degree," McFarlane said.

"Despite the court’s findings, in no respect has His Highness accepted that any of this behaviour has either taken place or that he has had any part in orchestrating it."

The sheikh has played no part in the court proceedings.

That seems to sum up the court's findings to this point.

The judge has decided that the text of his ruling should be published. He was persuaded by Princess Haya's argument that publication will act as a check on any false press reports spread by Sheikh Mohammed. The judge notes that Al Jalila has also come to agree with her mother's view that publication will be in the children's best interests.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Al-M-welfare-publication-judgment.pdf
https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWFC/HCJ/2022/16.html

The full British High Court Family Division judgment of December 22, 2021 in which Princess Haya was awarded sole parental responsibility of her children:

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Fam/2021/3480.pdf
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Welfare-judgment-2.pdf

50. With respect to the children's health, happily, there has been little need for parental decision making. The most significant episode related to a medical procedure for one of the children [redacted]. In this respect, also, the father directly engaged with the treating clinician, and, having satisfied himself as to the diagnosis and arrangements, gave his consent for the medical procedure [redacted] to take place. Despite that positive development, in a case that has been otherwise so hotly contested, Mr Geekie points to what then followed in terms of correspondence between the parents' respective solicitors. The father's consent had been given before the end of 2019. Mr Geekie, however, took the court to the solicitors' correspondence, relating to the medical procedure (which took place in early February 2020) with letters passing between the solicitors on the topic until April 2020. The procedure [redacted] had been undertaken without difficulty and the child [redacted] recovered well, yet solicitors acting on the father's instructions continued to press for details of the procedure and for redactions that had been made to the short medical report for security reasons to be removed. Mr Geekie submits that this is an example of how parental responsibility would be operated were it to be shared on an ordinary basis between both parents.

84. The findings of fact that have been made establish that the father has acted, in a wide manner of ways, over a period of years, in a wholly coercive and controlling manner towards the children's mother to a degree which can only be seen by her to be all consuming and all encompassing. His Highness' behaviour towards the mother, in each of its separate manifestations, whether by threats, poems, coordinating press reports, covertly arranging to purchase property immediately overlooking hers, phone-hacking or in the conduct of this litigation, has been abusive to a high, indeed exorbitant, degree. Despite the court's findings, in no respect has His Highness accepted that any of this behaviour has either taken place or that he has had any part in orchestrating it. Although the highly negative impact of his behaviour upon Her Royal Highness, who has the responsibility of caring for their children, has been well documented in her court statements and elsewhere, there has been not one word of apology to, or sympathy for, her. [...]

94. I accept in full the mother's evidence of the impact that this remorseless and unremitting behaviour, which has now gone on for nearly three years, has had on her. She simply cannot contemplate any prospect of sharing parental responsibility for any aspect of the children's medical or educational care with their father. She needs time out, time away from all of the business of litigation and all of the stress that it has generated. Based on her experience of sharing responsibility even for the modest decisions that have been taken jointly during this time, and noting that in fact His Highness was not in dispute about her choices once he had become involved, she sees the whole experience, embellished and drawn out as it was by those acting on his behalf, in a wholly negative light. As I have said, I accept her evidence, which was unchallenged, and it is on that basis, as well as my own overall view of the case, that I make my decision, which is to accede to her request to be given sole responsibility for determining all issues relating to the children's medical care and schooling in the terms that I set out at paragraph 20. It is agreed that the mother will keep the father informed of any significant matters that arise with respect to the children's welfare and I am satisfied that she will do so, just as she has done in the past.

Last edited:
All this outcome is very sad. Amd independently of any court decision I'm really wondering on how these kids life will be, especially for Al Jalila. For how long they will leave locked into the cage of the highest protection? Knowing that they have a father who does not accept their kids freedom of life, even when they are adult (see Samsa and Latifa) how could they have a normal life as adults? When they will proceed to important steps of their lifen, like choice of studies or event move country and finally marriage, do they fear him? Imagine that Jalila gets engaged and he does not agree with her choice? Is he going to kidnap them? Threaten the groom? How would it be? And which male / female partner will accept to share such a life?
Food for thought

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Imagine that Jalila gets engaged and he does not agree with her choice? Is he going to kidnap them? Threaten the groom? How would it be? And which male / female partner will accept to share such a life?
Food for thought

It's highly possible that by the time Aljalila and especially Zayed get engaged and marry, their father will not be here anymore.

Back
Top Bottom