The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
She was apparently one of his six wives.
Definitely he was married to many ladies throughout his life but don`t forget that he cannot combine more than four at the same time.
It is currently known that he has two only, the first & senior wife is his cousin Sheikha Hind Al Maktoum while the second is/was princess Haya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Haya going to her brother puts Jordan in an extremely awkward position. I can see why she chose to go elsewhere, if all of this is true.
I don`t think so. At the end of the day, it is a personal matter and must not affect the relations between the two countries.

King Abdullah II & CP Hussein where in the UAE last week to attend a joint military drill with the Emarati Army. They were warmly welcomed by Abu Dhabi`s crown prince Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed. Despite the absence of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the event went very well as expected and both King Abdullah II & Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed praised the depth & solid relations between their two countries.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Can he force her to return to him ? I Don't know the laws in that country regarding the women.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've never understood this marriage, however they've always seemed to get on very well. But then the same could have been said in Morocco. Hopefully due to Hayas connections with King Abdullah, we won't see a totally disappearing of this Princess.
Yes, I have never understood this marriage either and have always believed it was a political alliance rather than a western style "love match. I thought it lucky that if nothing else she was happy as were her children. However, if this talk of divorce and her fleeing the country and seeking asylum in Germany, I believe she really would have an honest fear for her life or that she and even her children may share her stepdaughter's fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
I think that her home country Jordan is more safe for her & her children. They can all enjoy a normal life there under her family`s protection.
If it is true that she was reduced to seeking asylum in Germany, I would tend to believe her brother had not allowed her to return to Jordan. It could be a matter of her safety, a political inconvenience or her half brother may not feel enough affection for her to offset the political inconvenience of her being in Jordan
Old 06-29-2019, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the main issue for this divorce, if true, is the children's question. Sheikh Mohammed will never agree that she takes their children with her and I think this is the reason of seeking asylum. I think Islamic law gives to the husband the custody of kids. So even if she files for divorce in UAE and she gets it she will leave the country alone. Of course if all this is true, nevertheless it seems likely because if it was not true princess Haya would have show up
Old 06-29-2019, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've never understood this marriage, however they've always seemed to get on very well. But then the same could have been said in Morocco. Hopefully due to Hayas connections with King Abdullah we won't see a totally disappearing of this Princess.
I think their marriage was a win-win at the beginning: Jordan is a poor country that needed a rich ally, Haya wanted a husband who could give her a role on world stage (UN, FEI, IOC) and Sheikh Mohammed needed a public wife, in this case muslim and with a western background, happy to pose and promote him and Dubai. In the end it seems that things weren't so easy behind closed doors. Haya always tried to downplay the Sheikhs private life with other wives in the western media, as if she was present and the rest was past but of course this was not true. Something must have led to the split and it was to be expected that Sheikh Mohammed will show no mercy. Jordan is not an option as KA will have no choice but to stand by his ally. It will be interesting to see what happens, Haya is too prominent to just vanish.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...070a00a625f514
Old 06-29-2019, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If it is true that she was reduced to seeking asylum in Germany, I would tend to believe her brother had not allowed her to return to Jordan. It could be a matter of her safety, a political inconvenience or her half brother may not feel enough affection for her to offset the political inconvenience of her being in Jordan
As far as i know, Islamic law gives a woman the right to custody of her children as long as she does not remarry after divorce, and even obliges her husband to cover the expenses of his former wife and children.I still don`t believe that Princess Haya is planning to reside in Europe. Perhaps she is just taking a short break in London before moving back home with her children. I don't think King Abdullah II will oppose the return of his sister to her country at any time she wanted.
Certainly it will be a complicated divorce for both parties, especially when it comes to custody of their children. I expect that Sheikh Mohammed will not allow princess Haya to keep the children with her. He did not do so with any of his former wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think their marriage was a win-win at the beginning: Jordan is a poor country that needed a rich ally, Haya wanted a husband who could give her a role on world stage (UN, FEI, IOC) and Sheikh Mohammed needed a public wife, in this case muslim and with a western background, happy to pose and promote him and Dubai. In the end it seems that things weren't so easy behind closed doors. Haya always tried to downplay the Sheikhs private life with other wives in the western media, as if she was present and the rest was past but of course this was not true. Something must have led to the split and it was to be expected that Sheikh Mohammed will show no mercy. Jordan is not an option as KA will have no choice but to stand by his ally. It will be interesting to see what happens, Haya is too prominent to just vanish.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...070a00a625f514
Well, things may have gone this way at the beginning of this union, but it later changed. I believe the couple's relationship with king Abdullah II & his wife Rania was not that warm. Both payed frequent visits to each other, but rarely met in public. I don't even remember when was the last time they posed together as couples.
King Abdullah II maintained an excellent relations with the rulers of Abu Dhabi, the strongest in the UAE IMO, therefore I do't think the alliance between the two countries will be greatly affected by this separation.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:49 AM
Courtier

I'm a bit shocked by this rumour... If it's true, I hope Haya and the children are safe and protected
Old 06-29-2019, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
I'm a bit shocked by this rumour... If it's true, I hope Haya and the children are safe and protected
Of course they are.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

Things may have gone this way with the beginning of this marriage, but it changed later. I believe the couple's relationship was king Abdullah II & his wife Rania was not that warm. Despite their frequent visits to each other, they rarely met in public. I don't even remember when was the last time they appeared together as couples.
King Abdullah II maintains an excellent relations with the rulers of Abu Dhabi, the strongest in the UAE IMO, therefore I do't think the alliance between the two countries will be greatly affected by this separation.
I agree, I always thought that KA was happy to kind of get rid of Haya this way, because there was no role for her in Jordan but she started insisting of having one. Haya will have paid a heavy price for what looked a winning arrangement for everyone in the beginning, maybe she was aware what it really meant to marry Sheikh Mohammed and what comes with him, maybe not. After all this time, I’m surprised to see them split up. Of course the relations with UAE will not be affected because politics are politics and Haya is smart enough not to bring KA in an awkward position.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Majesty

these rumours are strange, haya seemed such a devoted wife to the SM. only 6 months ago, she tried to help him with the situation with latifa by arranging that meet up with latifa and mary robinson.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
these rumours are strange, haya seemed such a devoted wife to the SM. only 6 months ago, she tried to help him with the situation with latifa by arranging that meet up with latifa and mary robinson.
We don’t know what her motivation was to ‘help’ ... Of course it is speculation but that was another situation where an outspoken western wife came in very handy for sheikh Mohammed, if Haya actually agreed with the content or way the meeting went, who knows.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I think the main issue for this divorce, if true, is the children's question. Sheikh Mohammed will never agree that she takes their children with her and I think this is the reason of seeking asylum. I think Islamic law gives to the husband the custody of kids. So even if she files for divorce in UAE and she gets it she will leave the country alone. Of course if all this is true, nevertheless it seems likely because if it was not true princess Haya would have show up
Actually in islam the custody of children is always granted to the mother and the father should pays alimony for everything health,food,educarion....and if one f the kids still baby and the mother breastfeeds him personallly the father should pays her a bonus,this situation change only if the mother decide to marry and the father have doubts about the new husband be a good father for his kids.
Now the custody of Zayed and Al jalila has nothing to do with islam and wont dealt with under the islamic law i am afraid it will be first a politic matter because of who their father and mother are,a matter of traditions that have most of time nothing to do with islam and latter of what the couple agreed on before marriage as i think there will be a prenup i am sure Haya is clever enough to have one before marrying the Sheilh...
I think if the couple decide to split the issue the big one would be the kids custody this why maybe Haya decide to to go to a place where her husband statu and power wont be enough to take her kids from her.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:57 AM
Majesty

There are ugly rumours circulating about Princess Haya's involvement into a possible coup against King Abdullah. She is unlikely to get custody of her children.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Why not? She is, contrary to his other wives, a Princess by blood.

An example from her family: Her and King's younger half-brother, Prince Hamzah, didn't take his daughter Haya away from his former wife, Princess Noor bint Asem, when she remarried.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
There are ugly rumours circulating about Princess Haya's involvement into a possible coup against King Abdullah.

She is unlikely to get custody of her children.

It is Just a baseless rumour circulated by some Houthi-Yemeni news websites. Their group is currently fighting against the UAE-Saudi Arabia`s coalition.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Why not? She is, contrary to his other wives, a Princess by blood.

An example from her family: Her and King's younger half-brother, Prince Hamzah, didn't taka his daughter Haya away from his former wife, Princess Noor bint Asem, when she remarried.
That does not mean that he couldn’t if he wanted to..
Old 06-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quoting from the Sun article in post #24:

Quote:
Sheik Mohammed has denounced his wife in a rant on Instagram, accusing her of “betrayal”, adding: “Go to whom you get busy with!!!!!?”
Is this Instagram post public and if so, should it be understood as confirmation of a separation/divorce?
Old 06-29-2019, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Haya married Sheikh Mohamed she was already 30. What do we know about her private life before the marriage? Has she ever been engaged? Had she any knownobg relationships? Princess Haya has almost been exclusively raised in UK, so in my opinion she was more occidental oriented mentality despite being Muslim. For this it is more strange that she accepted polygamy, considering that her father had many marriages but neve in the same time.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Quoting from the Sun article in post #24:

Is this Instagram post public and if so, should it be understood as confirmation of a separation/divorce?
It is confirmation that that is the framing that is being chosen for the situation, which puts him in a better position than the last news, which was that Haya was seeking political asylum. I am very, very skeptical.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It is Just a baseless rumour circulated by some Houthi-Yemeni news websites. Their group is currently fighting against the UAE-Saudi Arabia`s coalition.
Given the current situation, Houthi-Yemeni are quite right to discredit one of their opponents. We have to wait for Al-Jazeera to detail accurate angles of the situation.