The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2019, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

No, she is not the only wife; and yes, the British court does accept a marriage to multiple people under certain conditions (as someone earlier in this thread established - best to look it up, so I won't mistakes as to the exact conditions).

Old 07-31-2019, 01:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

it seems to relate to Al Jalila
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-battle.html

Old 07-31-2019, 03:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
No, she is not the only wife; and yes, the British court does accept a marriage to multiple people under certain conditions (as someone earlier in this thread established - best to look it up, so I won't mistakes as to the exact conditions).
Wife number 6...Who in his/her right mind would even contemplate to settle for that with that man,for someone in Princess Haya's position that is,born a daughter of King Hussein,educated in the west.It wasn't a mariage of love that's for sure.That she kept on smiling for the outside world is simply because she was raised a Royal.It is all in the breeding,you don't hang your dirty laundry out

He's not well in the upper room,a megalomaniac who's completely lost it with reality.His son dead under unnatural circumstances,his daughter "gone"i.e. out of sight and previously kidnapped back to Dubai,other sons had to marry in a multiple ceremony recently.Such happy family life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
He has a vicious old fashioned wicked mentality, strengthened by the power of money unfortunately.
If he was not who he is, but just a local middle well-off guy in the middle of the desert, firstly I doubt that he could afford 6 wifes and 30 kids. His family would not have known another kind of life, consequently no clash.

The issue with him is that he wants to apply his old-fashioned mentality and enter to occident.
You cannot wear occidental bonjour attire, go to the races near the Queen of UK and oblige your relatives to obey to your middle age mentality.
Hear Hear Hear!

Medieval mentality you mean,oh yes,absolutely!
Old 07-31-2019, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

It's noteworthy to point that both camps is being represented by high profile women divorce lawyers.

In Princess Haya's camp is Fiona, Baroness Shackleton of Belgravia who's high-profile cases include: The Duke and Duchess of York, Prince and Princess of Wales to name a few and was also Madonna's legal counsel.

Lady Helen Ward is in team Sheikh Mohammed. Her high profile cases include the recent Madonna and Guy Richie divorce of which she represented the latter.

Princess Haya is a formidable woman. May the force be with her.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Wife number 6...Who in his/her right mind would even contemplate to settle for that with that man,for someone in Princess Haya's position that is,born a daughter of King Hussein,educated in the west.It wasn't a mariage of love that's for sure.That she kept on smiling for the outside world is simply because she was raised a Royal.It is all in the breeding,you don't hang your dirty laundry out
Obviously she had good reasons to agree to the marriage, money and power/influence come to my mind, and until recently she clearly loved to be Mrs Al Maktoum, even trying to mislead the western media that she was 'the only woman' despite the marriage to Sheikha Hind (the other wives weren't even mentioned), promoting Dubai and the Al Maktoum imperium.

She might have been the daughter of a King, but Jordan is poor and her half brother is on the throne, there was no place for her in Amman.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:42 AM
Courtier

I just read that the forced marriage protection order is related to AlJalila, not Princess Haya. Beyond shocked.

It's crazy how what seemed like a perfect, modern marriage is unravelling to be so ugly. My sympathies go to the Princess and her kids.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Haya at the High Court in Central London, today 31 July

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...court,_london?

King Abdullah Appoints Princess Haya as Diplomat at Jordan Embassy in Britain, According to Al-Quds Al-Arabi

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HSCGmhnsN/
Old 07-31-2019, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
I just read that the forced marriage protection order is related to AlJalila, not Princess Haya. Beyond shocked.

It's crazy how what seemed like a perfect, modern marriage is unravelling to be so ugly. My sympathies go to the Princess and her kids.
I am shocked too,marrying an 11 years old girl is beyong horrific..and i wonder if the Sheikh was arranging for her a suilable marriage (according to him) when she came to the right age or he was marrying her right away...i don't remember any of Sheikh Mohammed's daughters married underage,feel free to correct me if i am wrong
Old 07-31-2019, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
It is good to see the Princess personally attending court sessions after all this drama. She looks fine but a bit tensed with the rosary in her hands.
The detail of the rosary is interesting, it's a catholic symbol e and I saw Buddhists in Asia use similar bead-bracelets... is it also a Muslim symbol?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

The plot thickens now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
The detail of the rosary is interesting, it's a catholic symbol e and I saw Buddhists in Asia use similar bead-bracelets... is it also a Muslim symbol?
Muslims call it 'Misbaha' or 'Tasbih.' Indeed, it's also a prayer bead.

For Buddhists, they call it 'Mala' and is used for meditation.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
I am shocked too,marrying an 11 years old girl is beyong horrific..and i wonder if the Sheikh was arranging for her a suilable marriage (according to him) when she came to the right age or he was marrying her right away...i don't remember any of Sheikh Mohammed's daughters married underage,feel free to correct me if i am wrong
This seems to shed some light on why Haya felt impelled to act now. Horrific indeed, and sadly not as uncommon as we would like to believe.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I am pretty sure at least some forms of Islam use prayer beads. It's not a 'Catholic symbol' really...prayer beads (as you say) can cross faiths.

LaRae
Old 07-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I generally take the approach of other cultures do different things and we can't expect them to think or live as 'we' do. However no where in the world should it be okay to marry your 11 year old daughter to someone.

If he is guilty of trying to do this...I think it will be very uncomfortable for the BRF to continue a relationship with him.

LaRae
Old 07-31-2019, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
They are prayer beads also known as misbaha or tasbih. They are used to count when one is reciting the names of God. Thay are also used to relieve stress.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

I seriously doubt that Sheikh Mohammed was about to marry off his 11 year old daughter.
Haya is not stupid, she needs something for the court to act on.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
This seems to shed some light on why Haya felt impelled to act now. Horrific indeed, and sadly not as uncommon as we would like to believe.
Yes not uncommon in this part of the world and as Haya was married to Sheikh Mohammed for years now she must known that is the tradition there i am sure she attended alot of arranged marriages in Dubai over the years... her husband's daughters included...so that make me wonder did she have a deal (prenup or so) that said her kids should not follow their sibilings/cousins and the rest of their family destiny? Or she was too naive to think that wont happen to her own kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I seriously doubt that Sheikh Mohammed was about to marry off his 11 year old daughter.
Haya is not stupid, she needs something for the court to act on.
Could be that
Because although arranged marriages is the tradition in all the gulf royalty none of the girls or boys were forced to marry at 11.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I also doubt that Haya's kids would have the same traditional life as Sheikha Hind's kids, most of them have been married off to cousins etc like their parents. Sheikha Hind is the first wife and most important for tradition that her children will continue, Haya is a foreigner in Dubai in comparison. If things had gone well, both of Haya's kids could have played a role like her mother, advertising/building a bridge to the western countries.

Whatever the plans for his daughters Shamsa or Latifa were, they did not agree and that was their 'fault' in the eyes of their father, but that was not unknown to Haya, even before her marriage.

Something must have gone wrong with Haya recently as she's played the game for a very long time, maybe it was the concern for her own children, maybe she had an affair and the Sheikh found out, we don't know.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i think i share your opinion Duke of Marmalade.
Haya entred this marriage eyes wide (she knew whos the man and she knew what she wanted fom this marriage) and untile recently she was taking Dubai causes (even not pleasant one like Latifa escape) at heart...so yes something went wrong for her not sure what though
Old 07-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Al Jalila has been dressed and styled to look much older than she really is.
In Ascot in summer 2017 when she was 9
https://editorial01.shutterstock.com...-8876051cc.jpg
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...4iWAAAvNcy.jpg

In Ascot in 2018 when she was 10
https://www.emirates247.com/polopoly...mage/image.jpg
https://asianlite.ae/wp-content/uplo...4381327189.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgKmrbWXkAAJ_fE.jpg
Old 07-31-2019, 01:09 PM

Hi , this is my first or second post in a very long time. I am in full support of Princess Haya, and this has to be very distressing for her (to put it mildly)! I do believe that it is the welfare of her children is the reason she did this. I pray that she is given strength to do so.