Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Side note: It's not very accurate to say that the Sheikh HAS six wives. Muslims cannot have more than 4 wives at the same time. The Sheikh HAS HAD six wives but (as far as we know) only has two.

He married six times throughout his life but definitely never had more than four at the same time. He recently kept only two wives, his cousin sheikha Hind & Princess Haya.

He married six times thought his life but definitely never had more than four at the same time. He recently kept only two, his cousin sheikha Hind & Princess Haya.

Exactly. Saying "Haya is the sixth wife, she knew what she was getting herself into" isn't very fair to her or to men that have been divorced several times. Many men get married and divorced, doesn't necessarily mean they're bad.

It might be pertinent to consider, if there was a forced marriage in Al Jalila's future, who exactly the sheikh had in mind. It might be that a theoretical marriage is one thing, but the specific man proposed might have seriously alarmed Haya.
I'm sorry but for an 11 years old girl the important is not who might be the future husband. The important is that parents concerns at this age should be daughters' studies and behavior. Choice of husband is for the next decade of age.

i wonder about Sheika Hind. Is it possible that she plays an active role in this, that Haya fell out with her?

i wonder about Sheika Hind. Is it possible that she plays an active role in this, that Haya fell out with her?
Sheikha Hind is a very interesting factor of the whole story. Because noone, absolutely noone could say what she thinks and how she feels.

I'm sorry but for an 11 years old girl the important is not who might be the future husband. The important is that parents concerns at this age should be daughters' studies and behavior. Choice of husband is for the next decade of age.

It's certainly a consideration if the Sheikh had someone specific in mind, which, based on his past actions, is a definite possibility. If I were the mother of an 11 year old whose father was indicating he was considering an engagement or marriage for that daughter, I'd be making plans to do a runner.

I doubt Sheikha Hind is involved in this...in the end her husband married and divorced 5 times (Haya was the 5th) so i don't see her bothering Haya like there is no sign she bothered the other wives,sound like she is quit happy to be the first wife,the interchangeable one and the mother of the heir her statut and Interests are safe so i don't think she cares much about what Sheikh Mohammed is doing

^^^^^ I have to say I agree. And there is enough "public" information to "know" some things:
Shamsa's bid for freedom being explained as her having been led astray and ended up 'kidnapped. It is believable if you don't know her personal story and once she was returned to Dubai she became invisible, also not surprising. After almost twenty years most people would have assumed she had married. Sad to say, most people were wrong.

We now "know"we were wrong about Shamsa's situation from the recorded message left by Latifa who now appears to be in the very same situation.

We also know that Shamsa was held in Sheika Hind's compound and Latifa is probably there now too.

We "know" Latifa looked to be medicated or most likely sedated in the last photos with Mary Robinson at a meeting arranged by Princess Haya

Question: Why are two daughters from the same ex-wife detained and not married or otherwise occupied in charity work or somesuch?

Question: Why or how would Haya "know" about them before she married?

Question: How long was Haya planning this escape? Make no mistake, unlike Shamsa or Latifa, Haya's flight with both of her children, was meticulously planned and executed with a secure home and money to keep them all safe.

Question: Why would Haya endanger herself with a fling that could have fatal consequences for her and endanger her children.

Question: Why would Sheikh Mohammed write and publish a tragic poem about being betrayed by someone he loved?

Question: Why has that 'poem' segued into "evidence" that Haya had committed adultery.

Biggest Question: Why are we all believing the Daily Mail?

I don't have all the answeers because simply i really don't know what really happen and still happening behind close doors,and i believe no one does.. only as you say we have some "public " informations that help us to make our own opinion.....
Shamsa case i believe was at some point reported by some media... Jordan is quit close to UAE and in sush environnement the news and gossips especially spread like flames yes Haya was living abroad but her family i am sure would have heard something heard about Al Maktoum and their style of life this is why some members of her family (feel free to correct me) didn't see this marraige in good eyes

Last edited:
I don't believe everything from the DM, it's not at all impossible IMO that both sides are feeding stories to the media to make the other side look bad and them look better.

We have Haya's side suggesting it is about the children and an arranged marriage potentially (sadly quite believable)

We have Mo's side suggesting Haya has been having an affair with the bodyguard (rather a cliche)

We have some people, perhaps far away from both sides, suggesting it's to do with Latifa.

It has been said here that Shek Al-Maktoum has just two wives now, Haya and Hind, but how about Latifa and Shamsa's mother, the Algerian wife? If I remember well, in her video, Latifa calls her mother and wife, not former wife. If so, where does the certainty that she is an ex-wife come from? Has a divorce from Latifa's mother been announced by any source? Is it possible that the current wives are three instead of two?

Let me correct you all guys.. none of us know the number of marriages of Sheikh Mohamed.

He got more than 30 children with different mother but Officially he got married only two times with Hind & Haya.

On the other hand, concerning Haya escape I would think she has serious issues with living in Dubai since last February. Also none of us knows the real reasons but it's all about children and chocking facts abt Latifa and Shamsa cases.. it's really sad and unbelievable but seems to be the truth!

The whole story of bodyguard has been published by a non reliable website at all quite few times.. I don't really believe in it at all.

I wish she will be able to live safely with her two children far from all this drama..

I wish she will be able to live safely with her two children far from all this drama..

And then probably being cut off from all the wealth and the monies. This might be the right decision for her, but I hope it is the right decision for her children too...

Has all this already political and diplomatical implications for the House of the Hashemites in Jordan?

I think she doesn't need money.. She just needs freedom and safety for her and the children. I hope court decision will be favorable :(

Jordanian royal family seems to be close with Mohamed Bin Zayed as the king visited him few times lately.. Way of maintaining strong relationships between two countries despite all this drama.

Let us all pray for princess Haya I do not care what she did or is or did not do. Going back to the uae would prove fatal. Also she deserves to have her children live in freedom in jordan

God bless prince Ali too

He is brave and does what is right

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole story of bodyguard has been published by a non reliable website at all quite few times.. I don't really believe in it at all.

Agreed.

And about the poem, there is actually no proof that the Sheikh wrote or published that poem called "You lived and died". You can't find it on his Instagram, and there are no screenshots of it anywhere. The only version of it we could find is that picture with the text and his picture on top of it (don't think he'd put his own pic on this poem). It could easily be falsely attributed to him. It's a part of an Arab man's pride and honour to never say that his wife cheated on him which makes me highly doubt that the Sheikh wrote it.

Even if the Princess did have an affair, it's my belief that the children belong with their mother and that she still deserves to be safe and divorced if she chooses to.

:previous:
i agree about the poem,there is no proof it's from Sheikh Mohammed also there no official statement from Sheikh or court state that he accuse his wife of adultery i understand that he only asked his kids to be back to dubai no other claims were made,there is only an article in DM it could be a compain from the Sheikh camp against Haya but personally i doubt as you said the Arab pride and hounor is big factor here.

anyway i hope Haya will have the wardship of her kids no matter of her faults and sins she seems a good mother and at this age the kids should be where is their mother

It has been said here that Shek Al-Maktoum has just two wives now, Haya and Hind, but how about Latifa and Shamsa's mother, the Algerian wife? If I remember well, in her video, Latifa calls her mother and wife, not former wife. If so, where does the certainty that she is an ex-wife come from? Has a divorce from Latifa's mother been announced by any source? Is it possible that the current wives are three instead of two?
Wikipedia say he has only two wives, Hind and Haya the other womens are not considered as wives but concubines, nevertheless he recognized all his children and reorganize them with family or first wife Hind.

Wikipedia is populated with mistakes and outdated information, is good to catch a topic in the overall, not to pin down accurate details. Not a 100% credible source.
Wikipedia say he has only two wives, Hind and Haya the other womens are not considered as wives but concubines, nevertheless he recognized all his children and reorganize them with family or first wife Hind.

Very interesting article , nevertheless I think they mixed the 2 Sheikhas pictures. The girl with the horse riding attire is Samsa and the girl with the staples gown seems to be Latifa. Intesting outfit for a Dubai sheikha though. I would never think that they could dress this way

Yes! It's also the same as this source. They wrote King Abdullah's name instead of Prince Ali on the photo. I wonder how can they make mistakes like this.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ws-husband-sheikh-mohammed-relationship-queen

The next date for court is november 11th i read somewhere? Is that for the verdict or further hearings? Anyony familiar with common law here?

The collection of applications that Princess Haya has made flag up that she contends a return to Dubai is of high risk and consequence for her two children. The court will need to consider all the aspects carefully before making a final decision about whether they will grant the Sheikh’s application to return the children, or Princess Haya’s application which would see the children remaining in England indefinitely.
Princess Haya’s on-going legal battle familylaw.co.uk

Its occurred to me that even should Princess Haya win all of her applications and her children do remain with her in the UK, it really wouldn't be such a hardship for the Sheikh to maintain closeness and have visitation with his two children by Haya. Its been reported that the home where Princess Haya is now staying was part of their property during their marriage and the Sheikh has interests of his own in the UK. He also has a vast amount of wealth at his disposal and can afford to fly to the UK anytime he chooses so its not like he'd never be able to see his children again.

Divorce and child custody cases can and do turn ugly and its the children that are affected the most. I'm crossing all my body parts that this case will be resolved in a manner that puts the children's best interest first and foremost.

The collection of applications that Princess Haya has made flag up that she contends a return to Dubai is of high risk and consequence for her two children. The court will need to consider all the aspects carefully before making a final decision about whether they will grant the Sheikh’s application to return the children, or Princess Haya’s application which would see the children remaining in England indefinitely.
Princess Haya’s on-going legal battle familylaw.co.uk
The link does not work for me. Can someone post it again?

Its occurred to me that even should Princess Haya win all of her applications and her children do remain with her in the UK, it really wouldn't be such a hardship for the Sheikh to maintain closeness and have visitation with his two children by Haya. Its been reported that the home where Princess Haya is now staying was part of their property during their marriage and the Sheikh has interests of his own in the UK. He also has a vast amount of wealth at his disposal and can afford to fly to the UK anytime he chooses so its not like he'd never be able to see his children again.

Divorce and child custody cases can and do turn ugly and its the children that are affected the most. I'm crossing all my body parts that this case will be resolved in a manner that puts the children's best interest first and foremost.
I don't think that Princess Haya wants to isolate her kids from their father. She just want to give them, especially Àl Jalila à life with freedom, and does not want her daughter to turn like another Sheikha Latifa or Samsa.
On the other hand I think that SM does not simply want to see his kids and spend time with them. He wants them to live the life he decides for them

While it is not good to pre-judge people, I can see why Princess Haya has concerns. Some of her step-daughters are seemingly happily married to men of good repute, yet Shamsa and Latifa were denied the right to pursue a University education nor were they married off, but are both in their thirties and held incommunicado.

It would be impossible for Haya to know which category Jalila would fall into. Is it the actions of the daughters or their mother's that decides whether there is an education, marriage or a life with no future.

I think that is a future no mother is willing to gamble on.

Back
Top Bottom