The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 4 (May 2013 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe that the young men-with the sunglasses in his mouth- between the King and kickboxer Rico Verhoeven is the Samuel van Vollenhoven, son of Prince Bernhard jr.

Nice to see Css Luana with her uncle and nieces indeed! It seems Amalia is copying Máxima's habit of using the coat as a cape. The Queen seems to have been enjoying the Greek sun a lot. The King looks haggard and disheveled.

Last edited:
I believe that the young men-with the sunglasses in his mouth- between the King and kickboxer Rico Verhoeven is the Samuel van Vollenhoven, son of Prince Bernhard jr.

Defintely a Van Vollenhoven. He looks like prince Maurits (who seems to have been attending as well: the one in beige trousers with a green jacket).

Today, September 20, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix hosted a reception for the craftsmen who helped embroider the new curtains for the Chinese Hall at Huis ten Bosch Palace:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Today, September 20, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix hosted a reception for the craftsmen who helped embroider the new curtains for the Chinese Hall at Huis ten Bosch Palace:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Really lovely that they invited the (mostly elderly) ladies who worked so hard to create those curtains to a reception at Huis ten Bosch.

Lovely to see Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix today the event ,Consort and the former Monarch!

King Willem-Alexander presented the 2023 Erasmus Prize to South African comedian Trevor Noah during a ceremony at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam this afternoon, November 28. Princess Beatrix attended as well:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: NLD: King Willem-Alexander Of The Netherlands Delivers The Erasmusprize To Trevor Noah **

Trevor Noah might be from South Africa but worldwide most people will know him because of the Daily Show that he presented for about 7 years.

Below a video with the speeches (in English):

Mostly I was just glad to learn the king sat on Charlie Chaplin's lap as a baby. (I wonder how he ended up friends with Juliana and Bernhard?)

I believe there was a well known Chilean comedian present as well? The man joked that he initially thought the invitation of the King was a scam.

I never read / heard about Charlie Chaplin and Bernhard and Juliana’s friendship. As the King says Chaplin was awarded the Erasmus prize in 1965. As the King was born in 1967 they must have met him afterwards as well.

https://www.alamy.com/charlie-chapl...tution-name-congresgebouw-image340736642.html

Last edited:
I adore Trevor Noah. He smart, talented, and immensely funny.
A part of me is wondering how much TM's recent trip to South Africa and the reception they received there. Perhaps it impressed on them the importance of creating links between the two countries. Trevor's receiving the Erasmus award definitely contributes to do that imo.

It was really lovely to see Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie in attendance as its normally just Princess Margarita!

It looks like Mabel's mother was present as well. It must be a special yearly event for them.

All three women had tragedies in their lives, it is nice to see them together. And lovely that they could turn the loss of Prince Friso into this initiative.

A few more of Princess Beatrix and Princess Mabel from the Prince Friso Engineering Prize.
Beatrix and daughter in law always make a good duo!
PPE Agency

Here are a few more photos from the Four Freedoms Awards 2024 at the Nieuwe Kerk in Middelburg
PPE Agency

I see that US ambassador Duggal was there too. She has been an absolute hit since her arrival.

Back
Top Bottom