The Prince Claus Awards (2003-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal Family of the Netherlands attended the Prince Claus Award at the Musicbuilding at 't IJ in Amsterdam.

PPE Agency

Does anybody know who received the Prince Claus award? Nice to see them all there btw, Laurentien looks very good IMO ('vlot'). And though I am not a great fan of Mabels dress she looks good too, not as pale as usual and not the dark lipstick either!

And Maxima...I wonder, what is the problem with a nice pearl necklace instead of all these weird creations? This is one nice picture btw.

Ohh lovely pictures, especially the ones of Maxima greeting the Queen & Mabel. Mabels outfit too short for my taste, Maxima looked nice, has she gotten lighter highlights put in but left roots untouched???

Group picture(ANP)

I don't like any of their outfits. But what I do like is when all the Family is together. They really seem to enjoy each others company! :) We don't know how they behave in private, but in public they have a very cheerful attitude. Good for them!

The Prince Claus Prize 2008 is awarded to Indian author Indira Goswami,the Prince Claus Foundation announced today.
Goswami will receive the sum of 100.000 euro.

The annual Award will be handed out on december 3rd in the presence of the Royal Family,Amsterdam.

Besides Goswami there are prizes (25.000 euro each) for others who stand out in the field of the Arts,Philosophy and Culturel Organisations:

These prizes will be handed-out at the embassies in the respective countries:

Li Xianting,China
His Eminence Purevbat,Mongolia
Ousmane Sow,Senegal
Dayanita Singh,India
Elia Suleiman,Palestine
James Iroha Uchechukwu,Nigeria
Tania Bruguera,Cuba
Ma Ke,China
Jeanguy Saintus,Haiti
Carlos Henriquez Consalvi,Venezuela.

Prince Claus Prize 2006:

http://www.royalpress.nl/20061213.html

Courtesy Albert Nieboer.

Last edited:
Tomorrow,wednesday december 3rd,the entire Royal Family will attend the Prince Claus Prize ceremony
at the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam.

HRH Prince Friso,Co-Chair of the Prince Claus Fund,(brother Prince Constantijn is the other),will hand-out the Prizes.

This years theme is Culture and the Human Body.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Tomorrow,wednesday december 3rd,the entire Royal Family will attend the Prince Claus Prize ceremony
at the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam.

HRH Prince Friso,Co-Chair of the Prince Claus Fund,(brother Prince Constantijn is the other),will hand-out the Prizes.

This years theme is Culture and the Human Body.

Het Koninklijk Huis

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Hendrik-Jan van Beek.

Never mind the captions.....Prince Friso will hand-out the Prize and Constantijn is Hon.Co-Chair,not Floris.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/prins_claus_fonds_10/

Courtesy HJA's Royalblog.nl/

Last edited:
I know that the caption mistakenly listed Prince Floris as the co-chair. Was he there also? I don't recall seeing any photos of any of the Van Vollenhovens.

I know that the caption mistakenly listed Prince Floris as the co-chair. Was he there also? I don't recall seeing any photos of any of the Van Vollenhovens.

No,no van Vollenhovens,only the Royal Family ( ie The Monarch and her children and d-i-l's-)

For a complete list of all winners,pls see post 22 of this thread from september 4th.

Last edited:
It was the Indian author Indira Goswami (1942) received the great Prince Claus Prize, and the 100.000,- euros that are attached to it.
Nice to see Queen Beatrix wih all her sons and daughters-in-law, HM is obviously enjoying it!
There are ten other award winners who will get their prize money of 25.000,- euros from the dutch embassy in their countries. The other winners are:
Li Xianting (China)
Ma Ke (China)
Purevbat (Mongolia)
Dayanita Singh (India)
Elia Suleiman (Palestina)
James Iroha Uchechukwu (Nigeria)
Ousmane Sow (Senegal)
Tania Bruguera, (Cuba)
Jeanguy Saintus (Haiti)
Carlos Henriquez Consalvi (Venezuela)

Last edited:
It was the Indian author Indira Goswami (1942) received the great Prince Claus Prize, and the 100.000,- euros that are attached to it.
Nice to see Queen Beatrix wih all her sons and daughters-in-law, HM is obviously enjoying it!
There are ten other award winners who will get their prize money of 25.000,- euros from the dutch embassy in their countries. The other winners are:
Li Xianting (China)
Ma Ke (China)
Purevbat (Mongolia)
Dayanita Singh (India)
Elia Suleiman (Palestina)
James Iroha Uchechukwu (Nigeria)
Ousmane Sow (Senegal)
Tania Bruguera, (Cuba)
Jeanguy Saintus (Haiti)
Carlos Henriquez Consalvi (Venezuela)
Congatulations for them ... happy for HM.:):flowers:

HM The Queen,accompanied by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien,will attend the hand-out by HRH Prince Constantijn,Honorary Co-Chair - ( with brother Friso) - of the Prince Claus Fund
of the Prince Claus Prize 2009.Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam this afternoon.

HM The Queen,accompanied by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien,will attend the hand-out by HRH Prince Constantijn,Honorary Co-Chair - ( with brother Friso) - of the Prince Claus Fund
of the Prince Claus Prize 2009.Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam this afternoon.

Pics
PPE Agency

Thank you Florencia.This is always such a moving event honouring the late Prince Claus.The Prince Claus Fund was a gift to him on his 70th birthday.He held a very emotional and moving speech honouring his wife,Beatrix,for being who she was;"and words can not discribe what I feel for you",gosh,I remember it so vividly,I get teary-eyed again.

Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development

Thank you Florencia.This is always such a moving event honouring the late Prince Claus.The Prince Claus Fund was a gift to him on his 70th birthday.He held a very emotional and moving speech honouring his wife,Beatrix,for being who she was;"and words can not discribe what I feel for you",gosh,I remember it so vividly,I get teary-eyed again.

Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development

Video on sustaineble building by the winner of this years Prince Claus Prize:

Het Koninklijk Huis

HM The Queen,accompanied by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,Prince Friso and Princess Mabel,Prince Constantijn
and Princess Laurentien will attend the ceremony of the hand-out of the Grand Prince Claus Prize to Algerian publisher Barzakh Editions
on december 17th,Royal Palace,Amsterdam.

The Prize will be handed-out by HRH Prince Friso,who,together with his brother Prince Constantijn,is Vice-Chair of the Prince Claus Fund.

Great! It has been some time since they last used the palace for an event (probably because the palace is opened for the public in summer.

It will be nice to see the whole family together, and even nicer because they are honoring prince Claus at this event.

HM The Queen,accompanied by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,Prince Friso and Princess Mabel,Prince Constantijn
and Princess Laurentien will attend the ceremony of the hand-out of the Grand Prince Claus Prize to Algerian publisher Barzakh Editions
on december 17th,Royal Palace,Amsterdam.

The Prize will be handed-out by HRH Prince Friso,who,together with his brother Prince Constantijn,is Vice-Chair of the Prince Claus Fund.

:xmasbell:
This grand tradition takes place today in honour of the late Prince who received the Fund as a birthday gift by the Dutch government on his 70th birthday.He was very much moved by the gesture,as only Prince Claus could be moved.The Fund has been instrumental since to highlight the lesser known hero's in the less priviliged areas of the world.

Immediatly after the ceremony TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima and the children will leave from Schiphol airport for another wonderfull tradition,spending Christmas and New Year with abuela y abuelo y los tia's y tio's a Argentina.:poinsettia:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=14480002&pos=2

courtesy ANP

Last edited:

Three pics from ppe of the Prince Claus award:

Prince Friso, Princess Mabal, Queen Beatrix, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, Crown Princess
Maxima, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien with award winner Selma Hellal and Sofiane
Hadjadj of Barzakh Editions publisher at the Prince Claus award in Amsterdam, Dezember 17:

** ppe gallery **

The Royal Family attended the Prince Claus Award. December 14, 2011

PPE Agency Amsterdam

HM The Queen,TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Princess Mabel,Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend the hand-out of the Grand Prince Claus Award at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam to this years Laureate:the Argentine publishers cooperation " Eloisa Cartonera" .

HRH Prince Constantijn,Honorary Co-Patron,will hand-out the Award.
The Prince and his brother Prince Friso are both Honorary Co-Patrons
of the Prince Claus Fund.

The Grand Prince Claus Award consists of a sum of 100.000 Euro.
Ten other Laureates will receive 10.000 Euro each by the
Ambassadors in their respective countries.

Wednesday december 12th,Royal Palace,Amsterdam.

Last edited:

The family attended the Prince Claus Award today, December 12 - touching to see Princess Mabel attending as well!

** anp gallery **

Back
Top Bottom