State Visit from Mexico to The Netherlands: January 27-28, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacqueline

Courtier
Willem Alexander, Marta Maria Sahagun de Fox, her husband Mexican President Vicente Fox, Queen Beatrix and Princess Maxima Zorreguieta pose for an official photo prior to hosting a dinner at Royal Palace Noordeinde in The Hague, Netherlands, Monday Jan. 27, 2003. The Mexican President is on a two-day visit to the Netherlands.

Photo and News From: Yahoo News

Attachments

• netherlands_family.jpg
    netherlands_family.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,664
Princess Maxima posing prior to the state-banquet on January 27, 2003.

Photo From: Yahoo News

Attachments

• maxima_january.jpg
    maxima_january.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 285
Prince Willem-Alexander, Mrs. Marta Fox, Mexican President Vicente Fox, Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima, and Pieter van Vollenhoven.

Photo From: Yahoo News

Attachments

• netherlands_family_two.jpg
    netherlands_family_two.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 273
Hi Jacqueline! Thanks for the information and pics. :) Maxima is also sporting a new tiara! I guess Queen Beatrix is very fond of her. ;)

Maxima's tiara is actually pieces taken from two other tiaras that the family already has.

Hey Sylvia! Henri M wrote on the Royal Jewels Board: "HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau in splendid outfit during the State Banquet for the president of Mexico.
Her diademe looks like the long-not-seen base of the Stuart diademe with the upright pearls from Queen Anna Paulovna's diademe.

The pearl-button on her necklace looks like one of the pearl-buttons of Queen Sophie's Coronet diademe.

Woooow!"

Hi Julia and Sylvia!

I normally love Maxima's sense of style, but this gown isn't very flattering on her. The color is a bit harsh (wrong shade of red for her-I think) and I don't care for the sleeves. It just looks a bit odd. :unsure:

Hi Jacqueline!

I have to agree. The red that Maxima chose is a little bright and the cut of her dress is a little matronly? It looks matronly to me. :eek:

Originally posted by Julia@Jan 28th, 2003 - 9:11 pm
Hi Jacqueline!

I have to agree.  The red that Maxima chose is a little bright and the cut of her dress is a little matronly?  It looks matronly to me.   :eek:
I agree Julia. "Matronly" is exactly the word that I was looking for. It makes her appear much older than she actually is. She's in her early thirties, yet she is wearing a dress that would be wonderful for a woman in her fifties. :huh:

Hi Jacqueline! Exactly! It looks like a gown that a well-heeled woman in her fifties would wear. :huh:

Also, I know lots of people are crazy about the latest diadme that Maxima has assembled, but I don't care for it :unsure:

Hi Julia! I am not crazy about the diademe either, but I love the necklace that she is wearing. I wish that I we had a clearer photograph of that pearl. It is stunning IMO. :)

Hi Jacqueline!
The diademe is no great shakes, but I absolutely agree that the necklace is exquisite!

Hey Jacqueline!

Found a clearer picture of Maxima's stunning necklace. The photo is a little fuzzy or something....her skin looks odd :unsure:

Attachments

• MaximaMex.jpg
    MaximaMex.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 336
Back
Top Bottom