State Visit from Luxembourg to The Netherlands: April 24-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marengo said:
And Maxie: I couldn't stand AMsterdam either, but now I am living here I am warming up to it. The trick is to evade the overly touristic areas (Rokin, Kalverstraat, Spuistraat, Damrak), and go to Brouwersgracht for example.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I know some people in Amsterdam who I visit from time to time and they always show me great parts which aren't invaded by tourists. Last year one of them took me on a tour to the 'Negen Straatjes' part (which I loved, of course). At one point (when we were heading back for her home) we had to cross the Kalverstraat and she was really like: 'okay, let's get that Kalverstraat over and done with, I hate it' an we both 'fought' our way through the crowds. Amsterdam, our very own touristic jungle... ;)

The Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg and his wife Maria Teresa lay a wreath at the National Monument on Dam Square April 26, 2006 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

from getty images

The ladies looked lovely, loved Maxima's hat.

Stellad

just a few more from dpa (by albert nieboer)

Statevisit Luxembourg to the Netherlands 24-26 April 2006
Goodbey-ceremony at The Binnenhof were The Granduke and Grandduchess had a governmentsdiner in the Ridderzaal together with Queen Beatrix , Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima.

The most stable Queen's team: helmet hair and weird hats, Beatrix's trademarks together:D :D :D

what lovely state visit from Luxembourg

but im really like MT's red concert dress very hot mama! but she looking good dressing.

A very nice state visit. Unfornately the Dutch media did not pay enough attention too it. It ashame!

Last day of the state visit, from bruno press :

Grand Duke prince Henri and the Willem Alexander at the chamber of commerce Amsterdam where there is a speech of the Grand Duke on seminar for banking.

more from bruno press :

Government lunch in the Ridedertzaal in The Hague with speech of the minister-president and the Grand Duke.

more from brunopress :

Grand Duke prince Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Prince Willem Alexander and Princess Máxima at Van Gogh museum for the exhibition rembrandt caravaggio.

From facetoface

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
from brunopress :

Farewell ceremonial on binnenhof in The Hague in the presence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg (Prince Henri van Luxemburg ), Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Prince Willem Alexander and Premier Balkenende.

more from the Farewell (from brunopress)

Last edited:
last ones from the Farewell Ceremony (from brunopress)

Last edited:
More from facetoface

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 42.JPG
    42.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 266
Marengo said:
I read on the Benelux royals MB that it is the highest order of the Nassau family they are wearing and not the highest Luxembourgian order.

actually...The dutch royal family is wearing the Second highest Luxembourg orger, the Civil and Military Order of Merit of Adolph of Nassau. Maria and Henri are wearing the highest Dutch order, The Grand Cross of the Order of The Lion of the Netherlands.

tiny images from LFI

23867340.jpg
23867337.jpg
23867334.jpg
23867333.jpg
23867332.jpg
23867331.jpg
23867330.jpg

23867314.jpg
23867313.jpg

It's very nice to see such affection between the Queen and Maxima.

Maxima looks fantastic. Love the outfits, even the really bright ones.

I just LOVE how Beatrix is looking lovingly at Maxima in the 1st of 4 photos on post #120 (page 6)! :) HOW SWEET!

Is there someone how has pictures of princess Margriet from de first day of the visit.?

Well thank you, I saw that picture before. I like to know which tiara the princess is wearing. Are there any close-ups?

Back
Top Bottom