State Visit from Jordan to The Netherlands: October 30-November 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
The King and Queen of Jordan will visit The Netherlands from the 30th of October to the 2nd of November this year, according to information from the GREMB. The visit was planned to take place earlier but was cancelled due to the terrorist attacks in Amman.

I will love to see Maxima and Rania together!

carlota said:
The King and Queen of Jordan will visit The Netherlands from the 30th of October to the 2nd of November this year, according to information from the GREMB. The visit was planned to take place earlier but was cancelled due to the terrorist attacks in Amman.

I will love to see Maxima and Rania together!

Willem-Alexander and Máxima will not be there. The will make an official Visi to Australia from 23.10. - 30.10 and to New Zealand from 31.10. - 04.11.

Also on the first date last year she would have not been present as at that time she made an Visit to Argentinia.

Bad planning.

I hope that's not intentional.

I really like Max and Alex and was looking forward to seeing them with the Jordanian royal couple. :( Ohhh too bad.

is there an official program of this statevisit??

Not yet, but it will be posted on the website of the royal house in due time, probaby a week or aso before the actual state visit.

This thread will be closed for a while, and it'll be re-open again when the date for the State Visit is closer.
Thank you very much for your attention..

purple_platinum
Dutch Forum Moderator

King, Queen to visit Netherlands

King Abdullah and Queen Rania were expected to visit the Netherlands from October 30 to November 1 at the invitation of Queen Beatrix, a Royal Court statement said Thursday. King Abdullah and Queen Rania were expected to visit Amsterdam and The Hague as well as the province of Flevoland. Jordan Times

I live in Netherlands en I can tell you that nobody on the Dutch TV talk about this statevisit.
But I'm so exited to know that King Abdoullah and Queen Rania will be here in Netherlands "near me". I wish to see them Monday At the schiphol airoport live on TV.

It's too bad to don't see Queen Rania With Crown Princess Maxima on this statevisit.

Here is an article from lahamagazine.
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/10-2006/318People01.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Veram98 said:
The issue from October 28 of the Dutch magazine Elsevier includes an interview with Qrania (p. 50).

http://www.elsevier.nl/magazine/dezeweek/asp/dossiernr/505/index.html

Can you find out what she is saying there, Joumana? My knowledge of this language is very limited.

Here is the article:
Koningin Rania van Jordanië: Ik maak eigen keuzes

Volgende week worden koning Abdoellah II en koningin Rania van Jordanië in Nederland verwacht voor een driedaags staatsbezoek.

In een exclusief interview met Elsevier spreekt de jonge koningin Rania onder meer over haar rol in de Jordaanse samenleving, Arabieren en het Westen, en moslims in Nederland. Die laatsten moeten zich meer inspannen om te integreren, vindt zij: 'Ons geloof verplicht ons de maatschappij waarin wij leven te begrijpen.'

And here is the translation:

Queen Rania of Jordan: I want to become own choices.

Next week king Abdoullah II and queen Rania of Jordan in the Netherlands expected for a three daily state visit.

In an exclusive interview with Elsevier speaks the young queen Rania among many over her role in the Jordaanse society, Arabs and the West, and Muslims in the Netherlands. That recently must self more exert to integrate, finds she: 'Our belief oblige us the society in which we live to understand.'

Last edited:
Joumana said:
Here is the article:
Koningin Rania van Jordanië: Ik maak eigen keuzes

Volgende week worden koning Abdoellah II en koningin Rania van Jordanië in Nederland verwacht voor een driedaags staatsbezoek.

In een exclusief interview met Elsevier spreekt de jonge koningin Rania onder meer over haar rol in de Jordaanse samenleving, Arabieren en het Westen, en moslims in Nederland. Die laatsten moeten zich meer inspannen om te integreren, vindt zij: 'Ons geloof verplicht ons de maatschappij waarin wij leven te begrijpen.'

And here is the translation:

Queen Rania of Jordan: I want to become own choices.

Next week king Abdoullah II and queen Rania of Jordan in the Netherlands expected for a three daily state visit.

In an exclusive interview with Elsevier speaks the young queen Rania among many over her role in the Jordaanse society, Arabs and the West, and Muslims in the Netherlands. That recently must self more exert to integrate, finds she: 'Our belief oblige us the society in which we live to understand.'

Thanks for your help.

From Petra:

Amsterdam, the Hague, Oct. 28 (Petra) – The Dutch circles welcomed the visit of His Majesty King Abdullah II to the Kingdom of Holland this week and the expected results of this visit which would contribute to further promoting relations between the two countries...
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/28/24000.htm

And Queen Rania??? :unhappy: I hope to see her on Monday...

Last edited:
At a state visit (it is not a simple official visit just for political talks) the presence of the queen is almost a must (if she is not stopped by her broken ankle).

Obviously she will be with him if you believe the Dutch press:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/52292621/Jordaanse_koningin_voltooit_vlaggenschip_Lelystad.html

The article says that King Abdullah and Queen Rania will arrive at Schipol airport on Monday and will be welcomed by Queen Beatrix (called a “good friend“ of the royal couple) and the Dutch foreign minister. After the official welcome ceremony at the Noordeinde palace they will meet the speakers of the two houses of the Dutch parliament. The king will later this day have talks with important business people of the Netherlands. This night Queen Beatrix will invite the Jordanian royal couple to a state banquet. The next day they will visit Amsterdam and the king gives a speech in the town hall there. Premier minister Balkenende receives then the Jordanian guests for the lunch in the knight room in The Hague, later on the king and queen visit the International Court of Justice. At the last day of the visit the guests will be in the province Flevoland visiting among others the National laboratory of air and space travel and the dockyard Bataviawerf in Leystad where Queen Rania will „lend the last hand“ to the reconstructed historical flagship of Michiel de Ruyter.

Veram98 said:
At a state visit (it is not a simple official visit just for political talks) the presence of the queen is almost a must (if she is not stopped by her broken ankle).

Obviously she will be with him if you believe the Dutch press:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/52292621/Jordaanse_koningin_voltooit_vlaggenschip_Lelystad.html

The article says that King Abdullah and Queen Rania will arrive at Schipol airport on Monday and will be welcomed by Queen Beatrix (called a “good friend“ of the royal couple) and the Dutch foreign minister. After the official welcome ceremony at the Noordeinde palace they will meet the speakers of the two houses of the Dutch parliament. The king will later this day have talks with important business people of the Netherlands. This night Queen Beatrix will invite the Jordanian royal couple to a state banquet. The next day they will visit Amsterdam and the king gives a speech in the town hall there. Premier minister Balkenende receives then the Jordanian guests for the lunch in the knight room in The Hague, later on the king and queen visit the International Court of Justice. At the last day of the visit the guests will be in the province Flevoland visiting among others the National laboratory of air and space travel and the dockyard Bataviawerf in Leystad where Queen Rania will „lend the last hand“ to the reconstructed historical flagship of Michiel de Ruyter.

Sorry but the good translation of this article

is this:

Jordanian queen completes hanging out the flag ship lelystad THE HAGUE - queen Rania of Jordan lays Wednesday the last hand to the houtsnijwerk of the 7 provinces, the reconstructed hanging out the flag ship of Michiel the Ruyter that on the Bataviawerf in lelystad lie. The Jordanian queen does that on the last day of the state visit which they with its man king Abdullah II on invitation of queen Beatrix to the Netherlands bring together. The Jordanian frost couple is well bevriend with the Dutch king house. Members of the Jordanian royal family are also always present at family ceremonies of the house of oranje. King Abdullah II and queen Rania arrives Monday on Schiphol, where queen Beatrix and minister Ben bone of foreign affairs welcomes them.

Joumana said:
Sorry but the good translation of this article

is this:

Jordanian queen completes hanging out the flag ship lelystad THE HAGUE - queen Rania of Jordan lays Wednesday the last hand to the houtsnijwerk of the 7 provinces, the reconstructed hanging out the flag ship of Michiel the Ruyter that on the Bataviawerf in lelystad lie. The Jordanian queen does that on the last day of the state visit which they with its man king Abdullah II on invitation of queen Beatrix to the Netherlands bring together. The Jordanian frost couple is well bevriend with the Dutch king house. Members of the Jordanian royal family are also always present at family ceremonies of the house of oranje. King Abdullah II and queen Rania arrives Monday on Schiphol, where queen Beatrix and minister Ben bone of foreign affairs welcomes them.

I had to summarize the article; I posted before the whole translation (by babelfish) but was told by the moderators that it is not allowed by the new rules here to post an entire article or its translation.

Queen Rania is inded with King Abdullah we saw pics of them leaving the airport, she was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a beigh shirt and holding a jacket in her hand, didn't see any crutches.
it also says that Prince Hamzah and his wife are with them.

lil Monkey said:
Queen Rania is inded with King Abdullah we saw pics of them leaving the airport, she was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a beigh shirt and holding a jacket in her hand, didn't see any crutches.
it also says that Prince Hamzah and his wife are with them.

Thank you very much for these information :flowers: .

King and Queen Depart for the Netherlands (Petra)

Amman, Oct. 29 (Petra) –Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah will start on Monday a three-day state visit to the Netherlands in response to an invitation by the Her Majesty Queen Beatrix.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/29/28000.htm

Pictures:

http://img163.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31139_16393I_123_385lo.jpg

Last edited:
So, the StateVisit starts tomorrow!

here is the official programm, originally posted by lucien
Thanks!

11.00AM Arrival at Amsterdam Schiphol airport where TM will be welcomed by HM.

11.55AM Official welcome ceremony at Noordeinde Palace,lunch at the Palace.

15.10PM Meeting with members of the States General and speech by HM the King in the Senate on the Middle East.

16.30PM Meeting with HM the King and representatives of the dutch corporate world,at Noordeinde Palace.

20.30PM State Banquet at Noordeinde Palace with Royals of both Families in attendance:

TM The King and Queen of Jordan
HM The Queen
TRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein and Princess Noor Hamzah (brother of the King and spouse)
HRH Princess Rahma Bint Al Hassan and Mr.Ala'a Al Batayneh
TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien
HRH Princess Margriet and Prof.Pieter van Vollenhoven

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16673

Tuesday october 31st,Amsterdam - The Hague

10.10AM Wreathlaying ceremony at the National Monument,Dam Square,Amsterdam

10.35AM Visit Amsterdam City Hall,speechess by the Mayor and HM the King

12.30PM Meeting with the Prime-Minister,The Hague

13.10PM Government lunch at the Hall of Knights,The Hague,speeches by HM The King and the PM.

15.15PM Visit to the International Court of Justice,at the Peace Palace,The Hague,speeches by the President of the Court and HM The King.

19.50PM Reception hosted by TM at the Kurhaus,Scheveningen.

Wednesday november 1st,Province of Flevoland

10.00AM Visit National Air-and Space Laboratory,Marknesse

10.40AM Visit at Geomatics Business Park,Marknesse

11.45AM Visit New Land Heritage centre,Lelystad

12.20PM Visit to Batavia wharf,Lelystad

13.00PM Lunch on board of the "Kapitein Kok"

14.45PM Visit at Spyker Cars,Zeewolde

16.00PM Departure from Amsterdam Schiphol airport.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16673

Last edited:
Nice to see that Laurentien and Constantijn are included! I hope this will be the first of many times. And they will be using the salon boat 'Kapitein Kok' again to, it was last used (by the RF) for the 60th birthday celebrations of HM.

asturiana said:
Thank you very much for these information :flowers: .

King and Queen Depart for the Netherlands (Petra)

Amman, Oct. 29 (Petra) –Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah will start on Monday a three-day state visit to the Netherlands in response to an invitation by the Her Majesty Queen Beatrix.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Oct/29/28000.htm
Thanx for the photos, it seems QRania's ankle has heeled which is good news, but doesn't she looks soooo skinny :ohmy: . I think she should put on some weight, she doesn't look healthy at all to me.

tesaweer said:
Thanx for the photos, it seems QRania's ankle has heeled which is good news, but doesn't she looks soooo skinny :ohmy: . I think she should put on some weight, she doesn't look healthy at all to me.
No it's still broken,it's still in a cast...

I'm also really interested in seeing Constantijn & Laurentien on their first gala banquet. This will be interesting occassion, and i hope Laurentien doesn't dissapoint us with her sense of fashion.

This looks like an intresting visit. Hoping to see more pictures. Wondering what Queen Rania will wear for the dinner.Looks like Queen Rania can manage without her crutches.
Is Laurentien and Constantijn joining them because the cP's arent there?

Last edited:
From yahoo/ap

1gw8.jpg
2mg1.jpg
3oc1.jpg

what has happened to Queen Ranias foot?

look at the Queen helping Rania up the steps :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom