State Visit from Jordan to The Netherlands: October 30-November 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of the ladies look great!

Such vibrant colors. Noor, Margriet, and Laurentien look FABULOUS! As do Beatrix and Raina....but in this instance the younger woman stole the show at least IMO.

Last edited:
I love the color of Noor's dress, it's my fav. color,I think I like the design unless there's a closer pic of it that proves im wrong,lol.
I love her hair too...

I can't see lula pictures because The site has been blocked in my country:sad: , pleas can any one post full size for the two pictures .

I love this dress of Rania's. Very flattering and elegant, without looking like she's trying too hard. Love the ruffle on the neckline.

My opinion: I think it's same as (or at least more similar to) the green dress (though it's strange to have the same evening dress in 2 colors!), not the blue dress shown in the photo little star found. The blue dress has heavy ruffles down the front, a high neckline, and different sleeves.

I also really like the color and style of Noor's dress.

lula said:

Princess Laurentien blocked Princess Aimee in the left pic....can't see Aimee at all.....

Princess Anita on the right looks like she's going to give birth to her baby anytime soon! but the necklace and all that looks really grand! anyone has close up?? :wub: :wub:

I can't believe we can't see Aimee! :bang: My absolute favorite!

I agree that Princess Noor seems to be a sweetheart.

Tenngirl

I am rather surprised with such a big turn-out of both royal families, and especially by the van Vollenhoven-clan. They never before attended any state-visit. I think they want to honour the good relations between the two families.

Queen Rania really recovered from last night, she looks great again, as does Laurentien, and that for 2 days in a row, quite a prestation for her ;). Princess Noor looked classy and lovely again to. Princess Margriet seems to be wearing her Prinsjesdag dress, albeit with a jacket.

Does anybody know where the Jordanian royals are staying? At Noordeinde or Huis ten Bosch?

Thank you for posting (I just wanted to do the same). Rania looked gorgeous and regal.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think Noor is looking more regal and classy by the day, maybe because she is a blood royal but was not much in the limelight, and once given the chance she is proving to be the shinning star in the JRF. The blue dress QR is wearing is more similar to the green one and it is deffinetly not the same blue dress in the other picture, and while it is quite nice I tend to think it is a bit simple for such an occasion. I wish she chose some more elaborate Elie Saab one. All the ladies from the Dutch Royal family looked gorgeous indeed, clothes, jewellery and hair , a splendid evening indeed, thanks for the photos everyone :flowers:

Here's a picture of Aimée:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=10500&zoektype=2&search=31-10-2006%20Kurhaus
She looked pretty!

Wow Anita's belly is really huge! She looks happy!

I think Princess Noor looks perfect during this trip! She's very beautiful! I love her last dress!

I thinkall the women were dressed perfectly last night! Margriet in purple, Beatrix in gold, Ranja in blue(with a stunning hairdo) and Laurentien in red (the dress is nice!!).

Aimee looks very pretty so does Princess Noor, I think she is doing a brilliant job, looks so radiant and pretty, in my opinion she is outstanding Rania big time but not to forget she wont get that much attention because she is just a princess. Rania has just been very dissapointing on this trip. The blue dress is similar tothe green as some members have said, why would she wear a similar dress? i think she couldve obtained for something abit nicer, also thought it was too simple. I wouldve liked to see her hair-do (didnt like it) of the second day on the first day with the bluish dress.

I'd like to see Maxima out for this visit, but shes in Australia/New Zeland.

few pictures HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
margriet wore a same dress with 'prinsjesdag 2006' but now in purple, and at prinsjesdag in lila

I'll have to admitt that it's nor Rania's best trip as far as her clothes are concerned. Her hair is too long and she was not as elegant as she usually is.
Noor is absolutely stunning, she has a very simple and natural beauty!!
And the King, he was so handsome during every event!!

magnik said:
I hope that's only that and not any marital problems. (During this visit I saw somewhere - don't remember where, comparing of photos of Diana and Charles (this with their heads in diffrent ways) and Rania&AII from this visit.)
Oh that's too hard to do like this :mad:

I thought Rania looked radiant and happy at the reception.
As pointed out, she has worn the same dress in green before. Her hairstyle is almost exactly the same as the one she wore at a gala at Versailles in 2002, infact, even her makeup looks similar if you compare the pictures in the previous link, perhaps she felt inspired to repeat the look last night.

Noor's dress was lovely and a beautifully rich colour.
Laurentian and Aimee both looked great, loved their hair.

Photo Gallery from WENN (some wonderful unseen pictures from the reception)

Last edited:
lil Monkey said:
did anyone notice that QR tends to walk with her head down, i just noticed that in a few pics,
Maybe she's more conscious of the way she walks because of her foot. After all she doesn't want to trip.

Rania looks stunning and Noor's dress is a great colour.

I think that Princess Noor don't make her hair.

clymène said:
I'll have to admitt that it's nor Rania's best trip as far as her clothes are concerned. Her hair is too long and she was not as elegant as she usually is.
How elegant can a woman be when she has a giant plaster on her foot?!

lil Monkey are you talking about Queen Rania's dress? if so then I agree, its a gorgeous shade of blue as you can see in the pics below:

More pictures from the reception can be found at Royal Images

All the royals looked like they had a great time last night, lots of smiles all around.

Humera said:
lil Monkey are you talking about Queen Rania's dress? if so then I agree, its a gorgeous shade of blue as you can see in the pics below:

More pictures from the reception can be found at Royal Images

All the royals looked like they had a great time last night, lots of smiles all around.
I liked the blue shade of QR's dress,and I liked Noor's dress aswell, I wasn't sure how the design is, but I know I love the color, thanks for the pics :flowers:

Little_star said:
How elegant can a woman be when she has a giant plaster on her foot?!

It has nothing to do with her foot... I appreciate a lot that she came with her husband even if she has broken her ankle; I admire her for that!
It's about the choices she has made. Her hair in my opinion was not elegant at all at the first gala dinner. And her dress was not elegant either!

clymène said:
It has nothing to do with her foot... I appreciate a lot that she came with her husband even if she has broken her ankle; I admire her for that!
It's about the choices she has made. Her hair in my opinion was not elegant at all at the first gala dinner. And her dress was not elegant either!
Ever consider that maybe she dressed for comfort? Both her evening dresses were quite loose with alot of flowing fabric. Maybe she didn't want to wear something incredibly elaborate.

Back
Top Bottom