State Visit from Jordan to The Netherlands: October 30-November 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marengo said:
Queen Beatrix really honours her ties with the Jordanian RF, by accompanying Their Majesties on every visit (with a dutch royal present). Usually Margriet or Willem-Alexander acompanies the visiting heads of state on one or two functions, while the Queen stays in The Hague.

The Jordanians must be happy returning to much more argeable temperatures, the last day was so windy & cold!
The Dutch Royals seem to have close tie with Jordanian Royals. But with WA away, Princess Margriet might be not in good health to travel alot(i think she did not attend the Baptism of Princess Laurentien's baby last time) so the Queen steps out to accompany the Jordanian King and Queen. But it's clearly that they do hold strong ties these two families.

PPE has more pictures from the visit:

Second reception - several wonderful unseen pictures

Day 3

Coverage of Day 3, including the Jordanian royals' departure, from Petra:
Image Gallery - Click Here

Queen Rania and Queen Beatrix ride a golf cart at Batavia wharf in Lelystad, central Netherlands, Wednesday Nov. 1, 2006. The Jordanian King and Queen are on the last day of their three-day visit to the Netherlands. Photo

Queen Rania puts the finishing touch to a wood cutting with the coat of arms of a replica of the 17th century ship 'The Seven Provinces' at Batavia wharf in Lelystad, central Netherlands, Wednesday Nov. 1, 2006. Photo

Queen Rania, right, her husband King Abdullah, center, and Dutch Queen Beatrix, left, react after Queen Rania put the finishing touch to a wood cutting with the coat of arms of a replica of the 17th century ship 'The Seven Provinces' at Batavia wharf in Lelystad, Netherlands, Wednesday Nov. 1, 2006. Photo

Jordan's royal couple visit ship wharf, sports car maker on final day of Dutch visit

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands: Jordan's King Abdullah II and Queen Rania were touring a replica 17th century sailing vessel and a 21st century sports car maker Wednesday on the final day of a three-day state visit to the Netherlands.
After two days of talks and speeches in The Hague and Amsterdam, the king and queen flew by helicopter to the province of Flevoland east of Amsterdam.
Their first stop was the national air and space laboratory. The couple also was visiting a high-tech business park as part of a trip intended to boost trade and investment between Jordan and the Netherlands. International Herald Tribune

King, Queen return home

Amman, Nov.1(Petra)—Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah returned home following a three-day state visit to Netherlands upon an invitation extended by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix Queen of Netherlands. Petra

Humera...thanks for the additional pics...but the link to the additional pictures is not working? Maybe I am doing something in error.

Wow photo is beautiful all royal family of Netherlands and Jordan!!! Queen Beatrix is beautiful dress and Queen Rania is much beautiful dress on afternoon!!! Princess Margriet is beautiful tiara and dress!!!

Zonk said:
Humera...thanks for the additional pics...but the link to the additional pictures is not working? Maybe I am doing something in error.

Im having the same problem.:bang:

ZZZ said:
Princess Noor's dress is from the Fall 2006 Haute Couture collection Of Christian Lacroix - its the 11th picture. http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2006CTR/complete/thumb/CLACROIX?trend=&page=2

Its nice to see that Princess noor is outshinning QR - both physically and clothing wise, especailly on the gala evening.

Thank you ZZZ for the information on the dress. Its beautiful, the small changes she did to it, were for the better. The color she had choosen (the deep red) was a great choice, suits her very well.

I agree with you that dress was incredibly well!
She looked very lovely in it :)

I agree. She looks beautiful in both her gowns.

I need HQ (full body shot) of Rania wearing that Gucci blue gown.. Please.. I'm desperate already..

suPeRgiRL! said:
I need HQ (full body shot) of Rania wearing that Gucci blue gown.. Please.. I'm desperate already..
Try post 208 on this thread, Her Majesty posted a link to a PPE gallery showing many full shot of Rania in the blue Gucci dress :flowers:

My heart is broken, was what hamzah drank water or champagne??:( :(
Please tell me it was water not champagne :( He's a role model to me and I wud be so disappointed if it was champagne, this wud sound silly to some, but I burst in tears when I saw him holding that glass :((
Can anyone tell whether it was water or champagne ?? It was water right?? cuz as far as i know they usually have a glass of water next to the glass of champagne, and I also know that the glass of champagne is usually larger than the glass of water, am I wrong? :((

Last edited:
I think he took the outer glass, which contained lighter liquid (I assume it was water). But what is so horrible about champagne (though I am not a great fan of it myself)?

Marengo said:
I think he took the outer glass, which contained lighter liquid (I assume it was water). But what is so horrible about champagne (though I am not a great fan of it myself)?
Alcohol is forbidden in Islam, Hamzah is a role model for a lot of muslim youth ,and personally he's a role model to me and seeing him drinking wud be so disappointing.

I dun mean to go off topic but I thought of clearing things.
Thanks I am glad it was water, my life is full of disappointments already, I dun think I cud have handled new disappointments , especially from a role model like Hamzah.

This was the first and only time to saw princess noor with a tiara so sad that they divorced

Back
Top Bottom