State Visit from Germany to The Netherlands: October 8-10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The programme:

HM will receive the President and his wife at Noordeinde Palace, where she also offers them a banquet. She will also accompany the president to Overijssel. The president will also meet the Prime Minister and the chair(wo)men of the First and Second chamber, in The Hague.

In Rotterdam the president will lay a wreath at the monument ´the demolished city´. He will also hold a speech at the city hall of Rotterdam and will meet businessmen etc. there.

In The Hague he will visit the International Court of Justice. He will meet businessmen in the Crowne Hotel and offer a concert to HM and others in the New Church in The Hague.

The Queen and the President will visit Enschede, Overijssel. At the University of Twente they will talk to all kinds of people about living in a border-area. Euro Commissioner Hubner will also be there. They will also visit estate Twickel, where they will talk to various representatives of the province Overijssel.

Program of the State Visit by HE the President of the German Federal Republic,Mr.Horst Köhler and Mrs.Eva Luise Köhler.

October 8th

11.00AM :Arrival at Rotterdam Airport,welcoming by HM Queen Beatrix and the Minister of Foreign Affairs,Maxime Verhagen.

11.45AM :Official welcome and inspection of the Guards,Noordeinde Palace.

Private lunch.

14.35PM :Meeting with the Chairs and members of the Senate and House of Commons,the Senate.

15.45PM :Meeting with the PM at his office,'t Torentje.

16.30PM :Visit at the International Court of Justice,The Hague.

20.30PM :State Banquet at Noordeinde Palace.

October 9th

09.30AM :Talks on sustainebility,City Hall,Rotterdam.

11.45AM :Wreathlaying ceremony at Zadkine's monument "The Devastated City",Rotterdam.

13.00PM :Government luncheon at the Hall of Knights,The Hague.

15.15PM :Meeting with the dutch corporate world at the Crown Plaza hotel,The Hague.

19.30PM :Concert by the Carmina Mundi Chamberchoir (Aachen/Aix-la-Chapelle),Nieuwe Kerk,The Hague.

October 10th

11.00AM :Euregio meeting at Twente University,Enschede.

12.15PM :demonstrations on regional dutch/german initiatives,Twente University.

13.45PM :Luncheon at the Twickel estate hosted by the Province of Overijssel.

15.30PM :Farewell ceremony at Twente Airforce base.

It seems to me that the Dutch have more state visits than other countries? Or am I mistaken?

HM looks well, I don´t dislike her outfit and it looks very regal, the furs et all. I was wondering, does she receive all foreign guests in Rotterdam these days? As Airbase Valkenburg has been closed (much to my regret, have even signed a protest petition against it, as did many others in Valkenburg and Rijnsburg/Katwijk).

Hopefully we will see some impressive tiara´s tonoght, preferably not hidden in the fluffy coiffures of HM and Princess Margriet. But it is more likely that HM will wear the eternal floral tiara again. Margriet and Maxima will use something modest too probably, esp. as this is an incoming state visit from a republic.

any ideas on who will participate in the visit? are we to expect the princes and princesses at the gala?

are we to expect the princes and princesses at the gala?

Im pretty sure that the Cp couple will attened the gala :)

The Queen looks good & well. Her outfit is "okay" i think the fur is abit to much also not liking the color of it against her lovely yellow outfit. Is it a custom for the CP couple not to the attened arriving ceremony? because not on this nor the jordanian state visit were they there.

Isifa gallery 1
Isifa gallery 2

More pictures from reuters via yahoo
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Last edited:
Im pretty sure that the Cp couple will attened the gala :)

The Queen looks good & well. Her outfit is "okay" i think the fur is abit to much also not liking the color of it against her lovely yellow outfit. Is it a custom for the CP couple not to the attened arriving ceremony? because not on this nor the jordanian state visit were they there.
During the Jordanian visit Alex and Máxima were touring Australia & New Zealand.HM welcomes her guests for a State Visit alone,but like today,TRH attend the private lunch right after.

The queen looks very regal! I like the color choice of her outfit as the skirt seems to compliment the German flag nicely! Wish though we could see more of the outfit as the fur is blocking the top part.

Queen B looks elegant! I hope to see glitter and glamour tonight!

Mhhhhhhhhhhh i think i like Maximas dress. I see not much of it but i think is good.

Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

Queen Bea's golden dress was never one of my personal favorites, but I think it looks ok. At least it matches the German colors and the sash perfectly. ;)

Máxima looks ok to me , but the real "wow"-effect is missing.
Her make-up looks quite white and the pink lipstick doesn't really match the red sash..
at least her hair looks ok and the Tiara is pretty...

:flowers:

A pity Princess Margriet couldn´t attend. What orders are the Dutch wearing btw?
Beatrix is wearing the Wurttemberg Pearl tiara, personally I like her golden dress, she wore it before (either during the Luxembourg or Jordanian state visit). Maxima could be wearing the dress that she wore at the pre wedding dinner of Mette-Marit and Haakon.

I do wish that they would pick a different background for pictures btw, a nice painting and maybe some cute statues, chandeliers or even vases with flowers on both sides. This looks rather boring, especially the curtains.

The Queen was extremely well dressed actually. Anyway, her clothes are always of high quality crepe georgette and other fine fabrics. I think the oufit was very elegant, a mixture of the golden era of Dior and Chanel.

I do wish that they would pick a different background for pictures btw, a nice painting and maybe some cute statues, chandeliers or even vases with flowers on both sides. This looks rather boring, especially the curtains.
I couldn't agree more!
Did you see this picture?
ANP Beeldbank
You even see the spotlights that are placed at both sides and the curtain looked really "faked" :ermm:.

Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

Queen Bea's golden dress was never one of my personal favorites, but I think it looks ok. At least it matches the German colors and the sash perfectly. ;)

Máxima looks ok to me , but the real "wow"-effect is missing.
Her make-up looks quite white and the pink lipstick doesn't really match the red sash..
at least her hair looks ok and the Tiara is pretty...

:flowers:

I would say that the queens dress isnt that nice. I also think the hair is too puffy:neutral:
Maxima looks pale, make-up not done well. I like the simplicity of her dress & her small smiles in the pictures.:flowers:
Intresting that no other family memeber attended or did they & i just missed them?

Wow! Queen Beatrix looked extremely elegant both while welcoming the president and his wife and at the gala tonight. "Wow" factor. LOL As for Maxima, who by the way, I adore, just did not have that effect on me today. I know alot of you like the tiara, but to me, it's just plain. And yes, I know the diamonds are huge, and therefore very expensive, but this tiara does not sit well with Maxima. I loved her dress though.

An article from Expatica:

German president Koehler on official visit to Netherlands

8 October 2007
Amsterdam (dpa) - German president Horst Koehler and his wife Eva Luise arrived at Rotterdam Airport Monday morning for what was Koehler's first state visit to the Netherlands since he took office in 2004.
Much of the visit will be spent broadening all aspects of Dutch-German cooperation - political, scientific and economical.
Among others, the German president is due to visit the so-called Euregion.
In recent years, the province of Twente in the Eastern Netherlands bordering with Germany has increasingly become a role model for far-reaching Dutch-German cooperation and integration.
In this sense, the state visit's programme follows the German president's expertise on the subject of European integration and development.

Read the entire article here.

I also enjoyed seeing the Queen dress so wonderfully. Maxima's dress was a little on the pale side and it made her look a little yellowish.

Back
Top Bottom