State Visit from Chile to The Netherlands: May 25-27, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
By invitation of Her Majesty The Queen the President of Chile,mrs.Michelle Bachelet will pay a State Visit to The Netherlands
from monday may 25th till wednesday may 27th 2009.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
:dutchstandard:
State Visit by President Michelle Bachelet,monday may 25th / wednesday may 27th.

President Michelle Bachelet will visit The Hague,Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Leiden and Wageningen.
HE is accompanied by a extensive trade mission.

Program:

Monday may 25th:

HM The Queen will welcome President Bachelet at Noordeinde Palace

Lunch with HM The Queen and TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima

President Michelle Bachelet will be received by the Chairs of The States-General.

The President will speech at the university of Leiden on;" Democratic consolidation in Latin America''.
HM The Queen and HRH Princess Maxima will be in attendance.

The Rector Magnificus of the University of Leiden will bestow the Willem of Orange Medal to Michelle Bachelet.

State Banquet hosted by HM The Queen at Noordeinde Palace.

Tuesday may 26th

President Bachelet will visit the Anne Frank house,Amsterdam,followed by the wreathlayiong ceremony at the
National Monument at the Dam Square.

Meeting with the Chilean community in The Netherlands at the Beurs van Berlage.

Meeting with the Dutch PM at his office in the tower,The Hague

The Government will host a lunch for President Bachelet at the Hall of Knights.HM The Queen will be in attendance.

The President will attend part of a economic seminar:`Doing business with Chile`,Rotterdam

President Bachelet will host a concert and reception in honour of HM The Queen and TRH.

Wednesday may 27th

President Bachelet,accompanied by HM The Queen and HRH Princess Maxima,will visit the University of Wageningen and Research Centre,Wageningen UR and Chile cooperate in different fields on food safety and food production.The party will be informed on the latest developments in these fields.

President Bachelet will meet students from Chile.

Lunch hosted by The Queens Commisioner of the Province of Gelderland,C.G.A.Cornielje at Doorwerth Castle the State Visit will be concluded.

Het Koninklijk Huis

This link has a video on 13th century Doorwerth Castle:

Kasteel De Doorwerth

Gala:

HM is wearing the Mellerio Ruby diademe
HRH Princess Maxima the Old Rose cut Diamond Bandeau
HRH Princess Margriet saphires...(from what I can tell from a distance)

All Ladies seem absolutely comfortable with oneanother,perfect,a perfect Ladiesnight......:rolleyes:...well..

Speech by HM,in english

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english/content.jsp?objectid=29328

Last edited:
I love the dress that beatrix is wearing! It is beautiful. And Maxima looks beautiful as well. but where is WA?

Gallery of photos of president’s arrival at the airport from the presidential website.

Just click on whatever photo you want to see. If you wish to download, click on the computer disk symbol underneath the photo.

http://www.fotopresidencia.cl/view/portada_gob.asp?idpersonajePrincipal=3

Wonderfull website,and de verdad,the mas beautifull photo´s I have ever seen,.stunningly wonderfull.

Alexander has a meeting in Sofia,Bulgaria as Chair of UNSGAB.See the agenda.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Tiara Margriet wears?
Is it a new one?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Tiara Margriet wears?
Is it a new one?

It apparently is yes,or an old frame studded with saphires.Haven´t yet seen a clear enough picture but yes,after the appearance of the Ruby Peacock parure,there´s this new edition of an old parure.Wonderfull don´t you think?:flowers:

It is best seen on the Presidential website with the amazing,and excellent quality,pictures by Jose Manuel de la Maza.

Last edited:
Exciting!!! Everyone looks wonderful! I'm very curious about Margriet's tiara and Maxima's earrings. Thanks Adamari for the link!!!

Margriet is still a wonderfull lady altough she was absolutely not handsome when she was young. She and her husband look happy , They enjoy their wonderful family : 4 sons, 4 charming daughters in law and ?? grandchildren.
What a difference with Irene's life.

Margriet is still a wonderfull lady altough she was absolutely not handsome when she was young. She and her husband look happy , They enjoy their wonderful family : 4 sons, 4 charming daughters in law and ?? grandchildren.

They have 9 grandchildren :flowers:

It apparently is yes,or an old frame studded with saphires.Haven´t yet seen a clear enough picture but yes,after the appearance of the Ruby Peacock parure,there´s this new edition of an old parure.Wonderfull don´t you think?:flowers:

It is best seen on the Presidential website with the amazing,and excellent quality,pictures by Jose Manuel de la Maza.

The diadem worn by HRH Princess Margriet is the converted necklace of Queen Emma's grand saphire parure,a piece not seen for a long time,but beautifully converted into this marvel.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

Irene is quite happy in her way of life.She might not always have choosen the easy way out,like most do,but she is nonetheless worthwhile as a human.The fact she only has one grandson and one granddaughter,both of whom she regularly sees by the way,is not to blame on her.More the children that choose not to get involved into anything to quickly....allthough 40 years and over is a bit of a stretch.

Well,again nice jewelry surprises. The sapphire necklace as tiara (why didn't they think of that decades ago!) and Maxima with new chandelier earrings. Judging from the design I suppose they are new, maybe a gift of somebody in the UAE. The bandeau looks fabulous again, and I wish she always put her hair up. She is also wearing Queen Juliana's diamond watch.

President Bachelet is one of those people you take an instant liking to whenever you see her. A pity they çouldn't find anybody more appropriate to fetch her from the airport, now they just send the state secretary of European Affairs (who was supposed to be touring the country with the Euro-bus AFAIK).

Why don't they make the pictures before the gala dinner in a more appropriate room? The beige curtain doesn't do anything to enhance the photos.

Will there be any other incoming state visits this year? Otherwise it is probably the last time we will see Máxima with a tiara in 2009.

Will there be any other incoming state visits this year? Otherwise it is probably the last time we will see Máxima with a tiara in 2009.

Oh, I dont like that thought! I've been rather spoilt lately!!!
And I wish they could take the pictures somewhere else too!

Well,again nice jewelry surprises. The sapphire necklace as tiara (why didn't they think of that decades ago!) and Maxima with new chandelier earrings. Judging from the design I suppose they are new, maybe a gift of somebody in the UAE. The bandeau looks fabulous again, and I wish she always put her hair up. She is also wearing Queen Juliana's diamond watch.

President Bachelet is one of those people you take an instant liking to whenever you see her. A pity they çouldn't find anybody more appropriate to fetch her from the airport, now they just send the state secretary of European Affairs (who was supposed to be touring the country with the Euro-bus AFAIK).

Why don't they make the pictures before the gala dinner in a more appropriate room? The beige curtain doesn't do anything to enhance the photos.

that's an interesting detail about princess maxima's new earrings. how could you guess they were from the UAE?

i agree on michelle bachelet's comment, she seems to have a certain aura and always transmits really good vibes. plus, she seems quite diligent. ditto on the curtain, we'd love to see something more exciting in the background!

i'm sure there will be more state visits to come, the dutch seem to be quite active in that sense (aren't they?)...

Back
Top Bottom