State Visit from Argentina to The Netherlands: March 27-28, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But why wasn't she given an argentinian Order?

Only Dutch Orders are worn tonight apparently.

I believe both TM already have Orders from the last State Visit there as they accompanied HM Queen Beatrix but that wasn't appropriate to be worn now as they were a degree,tad,lower then the one bestowed on the then Monarch.They apparently didn't bring any along....protocol & protocol and the execution of it,are not at all times the same everywhere.

Last edited:
Only Dutch Orders are worn tonight apparently.

But the King wears the Collar of the argentinian order. The same one that King Felipe wore last month.
Could it be that argentinian Order can not be given to argentinian Citizens?

But the King wears the Collar of the argentinian order. The same one that King Felipe wore last month.
Could it be that argentinian Order can not be given to argentinian Citizens?

No,because at this instant HM the Queen is the Queen Consort of the King of The Netherlands,not just an Argentinian citizen only.So no,that has absolutely nada nada to do with it Stefan.

Last edited:
It looked like a beautiful day there today. And, I must say that the Dutch have a most beautiful national anthem, music and words.

Yes, it's a Dutch order.
The Argentinan Orders a President can award are only for foreigners (like the one Letizia wore). Queen Máxima is, as was mentioned here before, still Argentinan, since she can't renounce her citizenship, so she can't have this order and she is still wearing her Dutch order.

For the record: she always says she feels Dutch and is Dutch, however, the Argentinan law says that a citizen can't renounce his or her citizenship and can't surrender his or her passport. In the Netherlands, you can have two passports, so Queen Máxima both has a Dutch and an Argentinan passport. She is Dutch since 17th of May 2001 (her 30th birthday).

thank you for this explanation. So Maxima can not receive any Argentinian order, thus wore her highest Dutch order

thank you for this explanation. So Maxima can not receive any Argentinian order, thus wore her highest Dutch order

She can not receive the same order Letizia did (because she's still Argentinan) and certainly not the same order as King Willem-Alexander (because he's the king, and probably also because she still is Argentinan).

Princess Beatrix was attending the state banquet too. She wore the Antique Pearl tiara.

Last edited:
so sweet of WA to say that argentina 'is also of course the country which gave him his most precious gift, his wife, the dutch queen'. :heart2:

and doesn't the dutch queen, for that matter, look absolutely stunning?! i was wondering when we were going to see that magnificent gown again, and there it is, with that lovely diamond neckless! magnificent.

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Both ladies.

I think the ladies look gorgeous in all the events. Just Mrs, Awada should have used hats when Maxima did, and some jewelry. Argentina has beautiful stones and jewelry . She should to showcase a little bit more of the Argentina. She is the first lady after all and it was not up to the code of Queen Maxima! The first coat with the dress white with perls it is gorgeous but would had need a hat!

Thank you Eya for posting the pictures. I see the Dress code for the return dinner is business suit. Oh well-it's the trend. sigh.

Last edited:
I apologize if this was asked already. But why was Máxima not given an Argentinian order?

Yes they did. I even saw a pic of King W-A hugging the President Macri

I apologize if this was asked already. But why was Máxima not given an Argentinian order?

She answer that above EmmaNL

Yes, it's a Dutch order.
The Argentinan Orders a President can award are only for foreigners (like the one Letizia wore). Queen Máxima is, as was mentioned here before, still Argentinan, since she can't renounce her citizenship, so she can't have this order and she is still wearing her Dutch order.

For the record: she always says she feels Dutch and is Dutch, however, the Argentinan law says that a citizen can't renounce his or her citizenship and can't surrender his or her passport. In the Netherlands, you can have two passports, so Queen Máxima both has a Dutch and an Argentinan passport. She is Dutch since 17th of May 2001 (her 30th birthday).

Back
Top Bottom